The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Returning from the Other Side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:46 am

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:58 am

gridley wrote:
Odanais quickly grows annoyed with the grubby little shadow dwellers attacking him and so whips up a big crackling thunderwave to knock them away from him. Then he runs over to stand in the garbage near Penelope for her ability to rapidly kills things comforts him.

OOC: Thunderwave to DC3 and DC4, pushing them (if successful) to squares E4 and D4 respectively.

Odanais hits both. But since a push requires each square that a target is pushed into to be progressively further from you, Odanais wouldn't be able to push the dark creeper at H4 (DC3) to E4 or D4. I'm going to assume he pushes it into his Grasping Shadows and to J6, causing it more damage and leaving space for him to get to K4 next to Penelope.

Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:11 am

Since Odanais moved, can Penelope just use Disruptive Strike on whoever gets attacked next? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:41 pm

shilsen wrote:
gridley wrote:
Odanais quickly grows annoyed with the grubby little shadow dwellers attacking him and so whips up a big crackling thunderwave to knock them away from him. Then he runs over to stand in the garbage near Penelope for her ability to rapidly kills things comforts him.

OOC: Thunderwave to DC3 and DC4, pushing them (if successful) to squares E4 and D4 respectively.

Odanais hits both. But since a push requires each square that a target is pushed into to be progressively further from you, Odanais wouldn't be able to push the dark creeper at H4 (DC3) to E4 or D4. I'm going to assume he pushes it into his Grasping Shadows and to J6, causing it more damage and leaving space for him to get to K4 next to Penelope.

Is that okay?

Okay, that'll work. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Yatagan orders his versatile armor into its less encumbering form, then easily bursts free of the noose. With a shout he slams his axe blade into the foe in front of him, then somehow reverses the swing so as to menace the shadowy assailant attacking Heyoka.

edit: Finally having some success, Yatagan presses the attack...

OOC: minor action to switch armor -now AC 22, Athletics to escape: 27 , attack D1 with Piercing Smite: 25, damage 23 (13+5+5 from Gauntlets of Ogre Power) - D2 Marked until the end of Yatagan's next turn, save vs. poison: 18, spend Action Point, attack D1 using Enfeebling Strike: 23, damage 11 -2 to attacks until the end of Yatagan's next turn


Last edited by Mallus on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:15 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 18

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#3 'd10' : 3, 10

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:42 pm

rolling...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:42 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Rolling for Heyoka...

OOC: Activate Longtooth Shifting (minor), gaining +2 damage and Regeneration 2. Use Passing Attack vs. DC1 (hit 19 for 7 damage) and DC2 (hit 26 for 11 damage), marking both. Fail to save vs. immobilization.


Last edited by shilsen on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:42 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 8, 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 2, 4

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Heyoka's hackles go up and he snarls as he swings at the two dark creepers before him, striking both. A second later, Yatagan attacks, focusing his attacks on the more wounded foe and taking its head off with a sweep of his battleaxe.

Odanais unleashes a blast of force, hurling the two dark creepers which menace him away, one of them being shoved into his shadows, which strike at it for a moment. The mage quickly makes his way through the rubble towards Penelope.

Vox, his movements still slowed by the poison, gathers himself in the safety of the broken down warehouse. Pit, managing to wriggle free of the noose holding him, hurries in beside Vox and shelters behind him, shouting, "Who are those little fuckers?!"

Penelope, deciding to try distracting the closest dark creeper, shouts to Sappho to attack it. The irritated cat does so, though with little effect. The archer holds her fire, waiting for an opening.

One of the dark creepers on the ground makes a gesture at the two on the roof. One of the two noose-wielding enemies gestures back and then they leap off, landing adroitly behind Yatagan and Heyoka. Shortening the ropes into garrotes, they try to loop them around their foes, one managing to get it over Yatagan's head and pulling it tight (11 damage + grabbed).

The other two dark creepers stab at Heyoka, their blades sinking into weak spots in his armor and badly wounding the shifter (20 damage). The remaining dark creeper near Sappho whirls its cloak in the cat's face and attempts to get by, but a sharp set of claws rake its leg. Nevertheless, the dark creeper races towards Heyoka's back with blade at the ready for a killing blow. And then stumbles and cries out as an arrow appears in its back, courtesy of Penelope, ruining its attack.


OOC: You guys are up again. I'll send out another map.

Initiative = Heyoka, Yatagan, Odanais, Vox, Pit, Penelope, bad guys

Damage taken and current status:

Heyoka - 48 (immobilized, regeneration 2), Odanais - 14, Penelope - 11, Vox - 25 (+2 to defenses for 1 round; ongoing poison 5 and immobilized), Yatagan - 32 (grabbed by DC6)

DC1 - dead, DC2 - 11, DC3 - 42, DC4 - 24, DC6 - 13

Heyoka can save against being immobilized (which was an aftereffect of the poison, so it continued beyond the first save) and Vox against the poison and immobilization (one save). Yatagan must make a DC 19 Athletics check as a move action to escape the grab. Vox can make a ranged attack through the doorway at the foes outside, but they have cover.


Last edited by shilsen on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:09 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 16, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 17, 4, 19

--------------------------------

#3 'd8' : 8, 3

--------------------------------

#4 'd6' : 1, 1, 6

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 16

--------------------------------

#6 'd8' : 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Having made himself safe, Odanais now turns his attention toward aiding his partners. With a quick prayer to the miracle pig, he heals Heyoka. Then dazzles the the three rear creepers with a burst of pulsating psychedelic light that shoots from the mage\'s eyes.

Then running up behind Sappho (J5), Odanais summons up the energy to attack again. He casts another thunderwave to sweep the foes out of flanking position.

OOC:

Healing surge + 3 to Heyoka

Color Spray to D3, D5, D6
To hit (vs. will): 7+7=14 (DC3) and 6+7=13 (DC5) and 16+7=23 (DC6)
Damage: 5+5=10 points
Any of them hit are now dazed until the end of my next turn.

Thunderwave to D3, D5, D6
To hit (vs. will): 13+10=23 (DC3) and 14+10=24 (DC5) and 4+10=14 (DC6)
Damage: 6+5=11 points
Any of them hit are pushed three squares back.


Last edited by gridley on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:20 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd6' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 7, 6, 16

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Having failed to protect his neck, Yatagan struggles with the garrote. He manages to loosen it enough so that he's not suffocating, but can't get off an axe stroke. Instead, he chokes out part of a Draconic hymn and touches Heyoka. A sticky warmth spreads through the Shifter's soul, healing even his physical wounds. Then Yatagan rallies himself through good, old-fashioned grit and anger.

OOC: move action to break free Athletics 13, minor action Lay on Hands, Standard Action Second Wind.


Last edited by Mallus on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Rolling...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:43 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Rolling for Action Point attack.


Last edited by gridley on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:45 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 13, 14, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:19 am

Since this may make a difference to the tactics of those who follow, here's some info.

Heyoka had only 1 healing surge left, so after Odanais' healing, he can't be healed any more.

Since there's only one clear space that the Thunderwave can push the enemies to, DC3 is moved to D4. DC5 and DC6 remain where they are, DC6 with a garotte around Yatagan (who can still attack, just not move).

After Odanais' attacks, the damage taken by and status of the dark creepers is as follows:

DC1 - dead, DC2 - 11, DC3 - 53 (badly bloodied), DC4 - 24, DC5 - 21 (dazed), DC6 - 34 (bloodied & dazed)


Last edited by shilsen on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 am

Penelope focuses on the most wounded enemy and fires twice at it. She then changes targets to the dark creeper that grabbed Yatagan, carefully taking aim, and attempts to shoot it once.

OOC: Twin Strike against DC3 - 24 vs AC for 3dmg. 17 vs AC. If that hits, 7dmg.

Penelope uses an action point.

Singular Shot against DC6 - 15 vs AC. I doubt that hits. If it somehow does, 18dmg.


Last edited by Penelope on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 am

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 15, 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 2, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 6

--------------------------------

#4 'd12' : 2, 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:28 am

Vox downs a healing potion, grimacing a little at the taste. "Jasmine? Really? Gods, that's awful...."

OOC: That's about it, really. Made the save, at least.


Last edited by Rolzup on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:28 am

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:57 am

Posting for Heyoka...

OOC: Heyoka activates Defensive Stance (minor; gain +2 to AC and is slowed). Then he uses Cleave on DC2 (hit 22 for 13 damage) and damages DC4 (4 damage). Fail to save vs. immobilize.


Last edited by shilsen on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   

Back to top Go down
 
Returning from the Other Side
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 4ac side draft intake and headder
» FS near-new Denzo 550cc side-feed injectors
» 1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts
» PROSTAR 6 A SIDE LEAGUES
» WTB: 4AC side draft manifold / 4AC header

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: