The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Returning from the Other Side

Go down 
+3
Mallus
gridley
shilsen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
shilsen

shilsen

Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Odanais, with Vox's aid, attempts to mask the smell of the group with a prestidigitation. The others make sure to remove every visible trace of blood from their clothing and armor, as well as to ensure that everyone's forehead is covered. Yatagan makes sure that his captive is and will remain unconscious and then tosses him in the group's bag of holding, knowing that as long as he's extracted in a few minutes he will be fine. That done, the group sallies forth, emerging more or less nonchalantly from the alley and blending into the crowds outside. Some of the dead look askance at the group, but that seems to have more to do with their appearance than anything else.

Once able to see the streets clearly, Vox quickly orients himself and leads the group towards the Gossamer Pillow. After a couple of turns, the brothel is visible at the end of the road. As the group heads for it, they can see that the enchantment is slowly fading, as some of those around them raise their heads and sniff, looking around but being unable for the moment to pinpoint the faint aroma of living flesh. A few curious glances are cast the group's way.

By the time the group reaches the Gossamer Pillow, Odanais can make out that his spell is losing its effects. More and more of the dead eye the group as they pass, but luckily there is no sign of any hostile intent, partly because there are no dangerous or powerful undead nearby and it is broad ... well, twilight in the Hereafter.

A well-dressed man, perhaps in his late twenties, is heading into the Pillow as the League-members reach the Gate. He casts a glance back at them and hurries his steps a bit, quickly stepping through the door. The guard who let him in stays in the doorway, looking curiously at the group as she fingers her truncheon, carved to resemble those the Spring-Heeled Jacks carry. As they head toward her, a thin, quavering voice behind them says, "Excuse me, please! Can you help me?"

The source of the voice is a little old woman, with her long hair in a bun and wearing large glasses. She is simultaneously leaning on a cane and trying to carry an apparently heavy basket on her other arm and having a hard time of it.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:28 pm

"Yes, ma'am," says Odanais, using Mage Hand to take a little of the weight of her basket off her. "We only have a moment, but how could I help you?"

Without looking away from her, Odanais uses his Ghost Sounds cantrip to whisper to Vox: "Is that a spring-heeled jack in the doorway?"
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 pm

gridley wrote:
"Yes, ma'am," says Odanais, using Mage Hand to take a little of the weight of her basket off her. "We only have a moment, but how could I help you?"

"Oh my," says the old lady, giving a slight start as a spectral hand appears near her and grasps the basket's handle, lessening the load. She moves forward more easily now and smiles happily up at Odanais as she nears him, blinking short-sightedly.

"Thank you, young man," she says gratefully, seeming to be wheezing slightly, though those around her notice that like the rest of the dead (which a mark on her forehead, half hidden by the gray curls, indicates she is) she isn't breathing. "You're very kind. I made a lot of brownies today and they're quite heavy. And a fruitcake! You can have a piece when we get inside. Do you work at the hotel too? My son Ogier works there. Do you know him? Everyone does. He's such a nice boy! And popular too!" She prattles on happily as she moves towards the brothel.

Quote :
Without looking away from her, Odanais uses his Ghost Sounds cantrip to whisper to Vox: "Is that a spring-heeled jack in the doorway?"

Vox shakes his head. Spring-Heeled Jacks appear quite different to humans. And their weapons are unique to them. It's likely that the guard's truncheon is simply intended to remind the more troublesome dead of the Bureaucracy.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:20 pm

shilsen wrote:
"Thank you, young man," she says gratefully, seeming to be wheezing slightly, though those around her notice that like the rest of the dead (which a mark on her forehead, half hidden by the gray curls, indicates she is) she isn't breathing. "You're very kind. I made a lot of brownies today and they're quite heavy. And a fruitcake! You can have a piece when we get inside. Do you work at the hotel too? My son Ogier works there. Do you know him? Everyone does. He's such a nice boy! And popular too!"

"That sounds lovely," says Odanais. "I don't recall being introduced to anyone named Ogier, but then this is only my second visit there."

shilsen wrote:
She prattles on happily as she moves towards the brothel.

Odanais walks right along with her, chatting away. When they reach the door, Odanais holds it open for her (unless the guard does so first), then follows behind her.
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Penelope, not entirely sure of her intentions, and also kind of peeved because of her incessant chatter, suspiciously studies the brownie-bearing woman. First we had to deal with Pit's whining, and now this, the archer thinks unhappily, glancing at Pit briefly before returning her gaze to the other woman.

OOC: Using perception, if possible. 9 + 12 = 21.

Last edited by Penelope on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:24 pm

gridley wrote:
"That sounds lovely," says Odanais. "I don't recall being introduced to anyone named Ogier, but then this is only my second visit there."

"Oh," says the old lady, as she walks along, "So you're new here? Are you staying at the hotel? Or working here? Either way, Ogier can take care of you. He's the manager. Or ... or ... maybe the post under the manager?" She looks confused for a moment and then smiles and adds, "I forget, but I'll ask him."

Quote :
Odanais walks right along with her, chatting away. When they reach the door, Odanais holds it open for her (unless the guard does so first), then follows behind her.

The guard, once she spots the old lady, hurries forward to join the group. When she reaches them, she smiles at the old lady and takes her hand, saying loudly, "Hello, Mrs. Oden. You're early today. Ogier will be so happy to see you." She propels the old lady gently but firmly forward, getting between her and the League-members, and then glares around at the latter, before hissing in a penetrating whisper, "Nobody mention anything about dead people! Okay?"

She casts a quick glance at the old lady, who is smiling vacantly to herself as she heads for the door, and then looks back at the group to hiss again, "She doesn't know!" With that, she quickly turns to take Mrs. Oden's arm and leads her in the door.

Penelope wrote:
Penelope, not entirely sure of her intentions, and also kind of peeved because of her incessant chatter, suspiciously studies the brownie-bearing woman. First we had to deal with Pit's whining, and now this, the archer thinks unhappily, glancing at Pit briefly before returning her gaze to the other woman.

OOC: Using perception, if possible. 9 + 12 = 21.

Penelope doesn't notice anything suspicious about the old woman. In fact, the only thing that sticks out about her is what she's carrying. There's a really good smell coming from her basket. Unlike most of the Hereafter, where smells of any kind seem to be heavily muted, Mrs. Oden's brownies smell good.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 pm

shilsen wrote:
She propels the old lady gently but firmly forward, getting between her and the League-members, and then glares around at the latter, before hissing in a penetrating whisper, "Nobody mention anything about dead people! Okay?"

"Of course," says Odanais. "She's a sweet lady. We've no reason to upset her."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 am

shilsen wrote:
"She doesn't know!" With that, she quickly turns to take Mrs. Oden's arm and leads her in the door.
"How tragic" whispers Yatagan emphatically. He jots something down in his journal. After he's finished he remembers his dark prisoner languishing in the magical bag and hurriedly fishes him out.

"Repent" says Yatagan, still whispering, as he punches the creeper in the face.

Quote :
Unlike most of the Hereafter, where smells of any kind seem to be heavily muted, Mrs. Oden's brownies smell good.
"Ooooh brownies!" exclaims Yatagan, displaying the kind of excitement he usually reserves for fireworks.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:39 am

gridley wrote:
"Of course," says Odanais. "She's a sweet lady. We've no reason to upset her."

The guard gives Odanais a quick, grateful smile before leading the old lady in the door.

Mallus wrote:
"How tragic" whispers Yatagan emphatically. He jots something down in his journal. After he's finished he remembers his dark prisoner languishing in the magical bag and hurriedly fishes him out.

"Repent" says Yatagan, still whispering, as he punches the creeper in the face.

"Ooooh brownies!" exclaims Yatagan, displaying the kind of excitement he usually reserves for fireworks.

The guard gives Yatagan a strange look, but doesn't pause in her movement with Mrs. Oden, who she leads into the Gossamer Pillow's antechamber ahead of the League-members. As they enter, she signals to one of the two liveried men standing within. He looks momentarily surprised and then quickly steps forward, smiling and saying, "Hello, Mrs. Oden. I'll just go and fetch Ogier for you. Why don't you go sit down while I get him?"

The man turns and heads through one of the doorways, while the guard leads the old lady, who is smiling and looking around in a vacant manner, through the curtain and the other doorway.

This leaves three other people in the antechamber with the League-members, one of them the woman called Daphne whom the group met briefly before crossing over to the Hereafter. Near her is the young man who walked through the gate ahead of them and a young woman, both of whom were talking animatedly. They stop as the large group enters and watch the exchange with Mrs. Oden, and then, after a quick whisper to Daphne, head quickly up the stairs. As the couple go, they whisper among each other and the man reaches down to caress his partner's behind, which draws him a playful slap on the arm and a slightly embarrassed giggle as they disappear around the turn in the stairs.

Daphne smiles as she walks over, watching the couple go upstairs. "Poor kids," she says conversationally to the group, "Only married a month and the poor boy gets murdered. And right outside the governor's mansion in the Quadrille too! Some imbecile stabbed him with a pitchfork during a stupid riot. And now this is the only place where they can meet!"

She shakes her head and then focuses on the group. "Hello, Vox," she says, eyes flickering to Pit and back, "I assume you took care of your business? Heading back?"

Before Vox can reply, the guard returns, this time carrying a plate full of particularly rich-looking - and amazing-smelling - brownies. "Daphne!" she says indistinctly through a mouthful of brownie, "You have to try one! Mrs. Oden outdid herself." She extends the plate to everyone. "You too. She brought a lot. Gods bless her, she almost makes you forget you're dead!" Apparently the guard is one of the dead too, going by the mark on her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:24 am

shilsen wrote:
Some imbecile stabbed him with a pitchfork during a stupid riot.
Yatagan's brow furrows. It is said the Dragonborn soul is as incapable of feeling guilt as their scaled faces are of showing it. Smiling, he takes his journal out once more and composes a short note.

"Daphne, if it pleases you, give this to the young newlywed. Tell her Sir Yatagan Fracas is so moved by her tragic tale of loss he wishes to help bring her husband back to life, if the gods of the Port permit. And, I must say, in all modesty, we have an in with some of them. She can find me here."

Quote :
"You have to try one! Mrs. Oden outdid herself." She extends the plate to everyone. "You too. She brought a lot.
"Mr. Cadaveris, is it safe to partake of these heavenly-scented pastries? I've heard stories about eating certain fruits while on the Infernal Isles that give me pause."

Last edited by Mallus on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am

Odanais, who has already today drank ghost hooch and decided to have ghost sex, eats one the of the ghost-made brownies without the slightest trace of concern. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Vox watches Odanais chew, and then shrugs.

"Special situation," he says cheerfully. "Almost certainly perfectly safe, I think."
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Mallus wrote:
"Daphne, if it pleases you, give this to the young newlywed. Tell her Sir Yatagan Fracas is so moved by her tragic tale of loss he wishes to help bring her husband back to life, if the gods of the Port permit. And, I must say, in all modesty, we have an in with some of them. She can find me here."

Daphne looks surprised as she quickly scans the note and then puts it away. "Sure, I'll do it," she says, "But you better get permission from the Bureaucracy first. Otherwise there'd be hell to pay, as Vox knows."

Quote :
"Mr. Cadaveris, is it safe to partake of these heavenly-scented pastries? I've heard stories about eating certain fruits while on the Infernal Isles that give me pause."

gridley wrote:
Odanais, who has already today drank ghost hooch and decided to have ghost sex, eats one the of the ghost-made brownies without the slightest trace of concern. "Thank you."

Rolzup wrote:
Vox watches Odanais chew, and then shrugs.

"Special situation," he says cheerfully. "Almost certainly perfectly safe, I think."

Odanais finds the brownie to taste perfectly normal, except that it's truly excellent. In fact, it might be the best brownie he ever had.

Daphne takes one too and nods as Vox speaks. "I don't know how or why, but he's right. Mrs. Oden is a ... curious case. She's a really nice old lady, but half deaf and blind, and all batty. Died in her sleep and apparently never quite realized that she died. As far as she knows she's alive and living in the Port. Her son does work here, but she thinks it's a hotel of some kind. And none of us have the heart to tell her what's going on."

She bites into the brownie and closes her eyes for a moment in pleasure. After chewing for a bit, she continues, "Especially since she's a cooking fiend. Which is the crazy thing. No sensation is the same on this side. Smell, touch, taste, you know ... it's all muted. That's one of the worst things about being dead, and the reason the brothels are so popular." The guard, standing nearby and chewing away, nods vigorously. Daphne continues, "But Mrs. Oden's cooking tastes the same. Better, in fact. Nobody knows why or how. Hell, she doesn't have ingredients in her house, since they don't quite last here or work the same. But she cooks the most amazing things. Maybe it's just because she believes. Anyway, that's why everyone loves it when she shows up. Plus she's sweet."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:28 pm

shilsen wrote:
Maybe it's just because she believes.
"There is no reason greater than faith" says Yatagan, reaching for a brownie. Apparently the Dragonborn has sweet tooth in addition to a live-rodent tooth.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 pm

shilsen wrote:
"I don't know how or why, but he's right. Mrs. Oden is a ... curious case. She's a really nice old lady, but half deaf and blind, and all batty. Died in her sleep and apparently never quite realized that she died. As far as she knows she's alive and living in the Port. Her son does work here, but she thinks it's a hotel of some kind. And none of us have the heart to tell her what's going on."

"It's so tragic to see people separated from those they love," says Odanais pensively. "And so Ogier got himself a job here in order to see her more easily then? Is Ogier living or dead himself?"
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Mallus wrote:
"There is no reason greater than faith" says Yatagan, reaching for a brownie. Apparently the Dragonborn has sweet tooth in addition to a live-rodent tooth.

As Odanais has already discovered, the brownie is great. It tastes like victory, poetry and self-fulfillment all wrapped up in one. And slathered with chocolate.

gridley wrote:
"It's so tragic to see people separated from those they love," says Odanais pensively. "And so Ogier got himself a job here in order to see her more easily then? Is Ogier living or dead himself?"

"Living," says Daphne. "And yes. He's quite fond of her. He actually spends a few days on this side every month just to keep an eye on her."

Pit, who has been looking around the place with mingled awe and fascination, sidles over and leers at Daphne. "So this is one of the brothels? Cool! Are you ... er ... um ... one of the whores?"

Daphne looks at him calmly and appraisingly, though something in her eyes implies that it's the kind of appraising that you do something sticky and smelly at the bottom of your shoe. "And who, Vox," she says coolly, "Is your young friend? Oh, and you never said, are you quite finished?"
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:38 pm

"Quite right," says Odanais. "Let us adjourn to the other side."
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Penelope hits Pit upside the head. Gently. Sort of. "You will shut up and look at the ground. Now.." Unsurprisingly, she doesn't sound very friendly. "You little horny twit," she grumbles, mentally noting to not leave him unattended at the Glossop estate. All those unfortunate girls don't need him peeping at them...
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Penelope wrote:
Penelope hits Pit upside the head. Gently. Sort of. "You will shut up and look at the ground. Now.." Unsurprisingly, she doesn't sound very friendly. "You little horny twit," she grumbles, mentally noting to not leave him unattended at the Glossop estate. All those unfortunate girls don't need him peeping at them...

Pit emits a startled cry at being smacked and quickly backs away. "I ... I didn't ... I mean ...." he stammers, sounding on the verge of tears and then falls silent, keeping Yatagan between himself and Penelope.

Daphne grins and gives Penelope a wink, before

gridley wrote:
"Quite right," says Odanais. "Let us adjourn to the other side."

she nods and says, "I was heading back there myself too. Come along - I'll let you through the staff entrance."

After grabbing another brownie before the guard can whisk the plate away, Daphne proceeds to lead the group through one of the curtains and into the room beyond. This is a lavish sitting room, with multiple exits, currently unoccupied. The sound of voices can be heard coming down one of the hallways leading out of it, one of them recognizable as Mrs. Oden's thin tones.

Daphne opens a set of double doors to the side. Beyond is a long hallway with doors on either side, ending at another archway filled with a gray mist. She closes the double doors and then proceeds to lead the group to and through the mist.

As before, there is a sense of dislocation for everyone who steps through, and then they are back in the mortal world. A world which is almost painfully, well, there for the moment, with all their senses functioning at what seems to be a heightened level.

If the adventurers have sense issues, Pit doesn't - and has others. He emerges from the portal as a transparent, spectral wraith. He looks down at himself, gasps, tries to touch himself, and then reaches for the wall, which his fingers pass into. Pit looks around and giggles gleefully. "This ... is ... amazing!"

Daphne looks at him, rolls her eyes, and looks at the others, especially Vox and Penelope. "Not that it's my business, of course," she says quietly, "But ... why?!"
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:43 am

Quote :
Daphne looks at him, rolls her eyes, and looks at the others, especially Vox and Penelope. "Not that it's my business, of course," she says quietly, "But ... why?!"

"I don't know," Penelope says, shrugging. "Money is a motivating factor. Well, for my colleagues, anyway."

The archer sighs, unhappily thinking about how frustrating the day has been. And now we get to be baby sitters for a little pervert. Great. "And... oh. I have a question," she adds, the thought of just asking it making her feel a little better. "What happens if you kill someone on other side? Like... say we took Pit back right now and I shot him through the head. What would happen to him?"
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:59 am

Penelope wrote:
"I don't know," Penelope says, shrugging. "Money is a motivating factor. Well, for my colleagues, anyway."

Daphne grins sympathetically. "I figured as much."

Quote :
The archer sighs, unhappily thinking about how frustrating the day has been. And now we get to be baby sitters for a little pervert. Great. "And... oh. I have a question," she adds, the thought of just asking it making her feel a little better. "What happens if you kill someone on other side? Like... say we took Pit back right now and I shot him through the head. What would happen to him?"

Since Penelope makes not the slightest attempt to hide what she's saying, everyone else hears it. The newly-spectral Pit emits a muffled "eep!" and makes a quick jump towards the side, which makes him end up standing halfway inside a wall and halfway outside it, his expression a combination of fascination, curiosity and fear as he simultaneously looks at the wall and Penelope.

Daphne chuckles at the sight and says, "He'd die again, but only temporarily. The dead, when slain on the other side, simply reform again at some point, usually within a few days. I'm not sure why, since I'm not an expert or a philosopher, but I've heard some people say it's because their souls have nowhere else to go at that point. The only way they can find permanent rest is by leaving on the Black Ships. That's also why many of them do some work in the brothels, or elsewhere. It's ... well, boring and the poor things have nowhere to go."

She hesitates for a second and then adds, "Sorry, that's not quite right. There are ... things on the Other Side which can kill one of the dead and consume their soul." She shudders slightly. "Nothing I've ever encountered, of course, but the stories are enough."

As she speaks, Daphne proceeds to lead the group out of the hallway, through the double doors at the end, in and out of the chamber beyond, and into the antechamber outside. As before, the adventurers can see that there are significant differences between the locations here and those on the Other Side.

Once they are in the antechamber, Daphne glances out the window at the night outside and says, "Damn, it's later than I thought. I've got to go. Best of luck ... especially with that one." She nods to indicate Pit, whose spectral form hovers half a foot above the ground.

OOC: It's past midnight and you guys have had a very busy day and would be feeling seriously tired right now. Time to turn in, but you have to decide whether to drop Pit off first or not.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:04 am

shilsen wrote:
Since Penelope makes not the slightest attempt to hide what she's saying, everyone else hears it. The newly-spectral Pit emits a muffled "eep!" and makes a quick jump towards the side...
Yatagan turns to Penelope. "You need to work on being a 'people person'". It's obvious he got that phrase from one of Artichoke's pamphlets on mercenary management.

Quote :
OOC: It's past midnight and you guys have had a very busy day and would be feeling seriously tired right now. Time to turn in, but you have to decide whether to drop Pit off first or not.
Madame Glossop lives in the safest part of town. Let's drop Pit of now and be done with it. If we take him back to the Hall we'll have no guarantee he'll be there come morning.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:51 am

Agreed. Let's wrap Pit up.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Though the streets of the Port are somewhat less busy at night, there are enough people around that traveling with a ghost in tow is a bad idea, so Pit has to enter the group's bag of holding. The trip to Ms. Glossop's mansion is a relatively uneventful one, interrupted every so often by Yatagan having to open the bag, produce the dark creeper, ask it to repent, and beat it over the head. These stops are extended by complaints from Pit about being bored in the bag and not being there yet.

However, the small group eventually reaches the mansion and are met by a bemused and sleepy-looking Jess, who's just started her shift while the other guards sleep. She lets them in and knocks on the door, which is eventually opened by a disgruntled-looking Star. She looks over the group disdainfully in the light of her candle and says, "So it's you! Couldn't you have picked a better time to disturb us? What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Returning from the Other Side - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning from the Other Side
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: