The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Returning from the Other Side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Returning from the Other Side   Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Once the negotiations are over, Molly Wise grins around and says, "Nice doing business with you. Now you should leave - carefully. The Bureaucracy may be watching!" She heads back to the hole and pops down, but a second later, her head pops up again. "Don't look for me here again, Vox. With so many of you coming here, this place is too risky. But this," she jingles the bag, "Makes it worth it." Molly pops back down the hole and disappears.

Pit, still standing in the warehouse with the League, looks around. "So, shall we leave now? I'm looking forward to," he grins viciously, "Surprising that old bat!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 am

Yes, let's leave with all due haste. If Vox knows any lesser traveled routes we could take back to the house of still repute all the better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:54 am

"Yes Mr. Cadaveris, plot us the safest route back to the Coffin Pillow, if you please". The paladin lets slip a nickname for the Gossamer Pillow that no one present has spoken, which he surely picked up from some dissolute poet in the Quadrille.

"Once back on the Brighter Side I suggest we march straight on Handsome Hans Pitir's lair. Our poison has had time to work. We must dispense justice upon him quicky, yet in as theatrical a manner as possible."

"Always think of the play!" adds Yatagan cheerfully, as he checks his supply of rockets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 pm

"Maybe we should... ah... supervise Pit?" Penelope looks towards the boy, shrugging. "No offense. I just don't want you to scare her to death. Or use being incorporeal to your advantage, for that matter, when it comes to the women on the premises."

"But after that," she adds, sounding pleased, "I'd definitely enjoy seeking out that wretched dwarf."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:12 pm

"Don't worry," says Pit hastily, "I'll behave." The sparkle in his eyes and the faint grin on his face make the statement at least somewhat unreliable.

The adventurers and Pit proceed out of the now-not-so-well-hidden entrance to Molly Wise's hideout. As they enter the alley, about to proceed back to the Gossamer Pillow, a couple of them suddenly notice movement in the shadows.

A pair of small shapes are visible hiding behind the rubble on either side of the adventurers. The figures wear dark cloaks, with raised hoods which mostly hide graying faces with large noses and gleaming yellow eyes. They hold daggers in their hands. Vox recognizes them as dark ones - sly, murderous creatures native to the Shadowfell.

As the adventurers stare, the creatures prepare to hurl their daggers. A whisper of movement catches some eyes and they look up to see two more such creatures on the roof some 6 feet above them, this pair wielding long coils of rope.


OOC: I'll email out a excel file setting out the battlefield. Roll Perception and initiative. Anyone getting a 20 or more on Perception can act in the surprise round, but you need to beat a 17 on Initiative to go ahead of the dark creepers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:14 pm

OOC: Perception: 11 Init: 13


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:14 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 7, 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Perception: 4+5=9
Initiative: 5+6=11

(Odanais clearly has his mind on other things.)


Last edited by gridley on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:22 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Perception: 21

Initiative: 30


Last edited by Penelope on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:30 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 12

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Spotting the enemies, Penelope calls a warning and fires two arrows at the closest of them on the roof.

OOC: Mark DC6 as her quarry and use Twin Strike, hitting AC 27 and 12 for 4 pts and 13 pts.


Last edited by Penelope on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:32 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 18, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 2, 12

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Perception: 4

Initiaitve: 10


Lost in thought, Vox hasn't a clue about what's about to happen....


Last edited by Rolzup on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 3, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Rolling for Heyoka:

Perception = 11 + 2 = 13

Initiative = 4 + 11 = 15


Last edited by shilsen on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Penelope shouts a warning and snaps off a couple of shots, grazing one of the dark creepers on the roof above, but before her allies can respond, the enemies attack.

The four dark creepers hiding behind the rubble hurl their daggers, one each hitting Heyoka (7 pts damage) and Vox (12 pts damage). The two adventurers feel the sting of poison on the blades, burning their flesh and weakening their limbs (ongoing 5 poison damage & immobilized - save ends both).

The dark creepers on the roof attack in a different way, dropping nooses down on those beneath. One tries to snag Yatagan but the rotund dragonborn is too wide for the noose. The slimmer Penelope finds a noose tighten painfully around her upper arms, pinning them to her sides and making it impossible to use her bow (5 pts damage and grabbed). The dark creeper tugs on the rope, trying to pull her off her feet or slam her against the wall.


OOC: Penelope gets to go before the enemies attack again, so I'll update again once she posts (the rest of you should wait till I do). The dark creepers haven't moved from their positions, so the map is the same.

Initiative = Penelope (20), bad guys, Heyoka (15), Yatagan (13), Odanais (11), Vox (10)

Damage taken and current status:

Heyoka - 7 (ongoing poison 5 & immobilized), Penelope - 5 (grabbed), Vox - 12 (ongoing poison 5 & immobilized)

DC6 - 4 pts

Penelope can try to escape the grab with a DC 19 Acrobatics check as a move action. Until she does so, she cannot use her bow.


Last edited by shilsen on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 12, 5, 10, 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 16, 4

--------------------------------

#3 'd4' : 1, 2, 4, 1

--------------------------------

#4 'd6' : 2, 6, 4, 2

--------------------------------

#5 'd8' : 2, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Quote :
The slimmer Penelope finds a noose tighten painfully around her upper arms...

Who's to say she's not just as chunky as Yatagan? She's under many layers of clothing, y'know...

IC: Penelope attempts to break free from the noose, angrily aiming at the monster that grabbed her. Though able to get away, she misses her attacker. (And miserably at that.)


Last edited by Penelope on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:04 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 11

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 5, 4

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 1

--------------------------------

#4 'd12' : 6, 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 pm

As Penelope pulls herself free of the noose and fires a couple of abortive shots, the dark creepers on the ground rush in, more daggers appearing in their hands. As they move, their clothing swirls around them and for a second it seems that each is surrounded by a cloud of shadows, making it difficult to make out exactly where the creature is.

In a second they are next to the adventurers, daggers jabbing in at weak spots and unguarded flesh. Heyoka (10 pts), Yatagan (11 pts) and Vox (13 pts) feel their blades, while Penelope bats one away with her bow.

The creatures on the roof again attack with their short lassos, this time switching targets. One lasso loops tightly around Vox (8 pts) and another around Pit, who gives a yell of surprise and pain.


OOC: You guys are up. Go ahead and post (don't bother waiting for people ahead of you). I'll send out another map soon.

Initiative = Heyoka, Yatagan, Odanais, Vox, Pit, Penelope, bad guys

Damage taken and current status:

Heyoka - 17 (ongoing poison 5 & immobilized), Penelope - 5, Vox - 33 (ongoing poison 5 & immobilized), Yatagan - 11

DC6 - 4 pts

Vox can try to escape the grab with a DC 19 Acrobatics check as a move action. Whether he does or not, he can still attack in melee.

Heyoka and Yatagan can save against the ongoing poison damage and being immobilized.


Last edited by shilsen on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 18, 19, 3, 8, 5, 18

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 4, 3, 2, 3

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 2, 4, 1, 6

--------------------------------

#4 'd8' : 1, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 pm

"Let us fight shadow with shadow," says Odanais, casting Grasping Shadows upon two of their foes [burst 3, centered on J-6].

To hit (vs. will): 8+7=15 (DC3) and 16+7=23 (DC6).

If that hits, 9 points of psychic damage and they're slowed until the end of my next turn. Also, shadows will attack anyone else (automatic 5 damage + slow) who enters the squares around J-6.


Last edited by gridley on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 8, 16

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   

Back to top Go down
 
Returning from the Other Side
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 4ac side draft intake and headder
» FS near-new Denzo 550cc side-feed injectors
» 1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts
» PROSTAR 6 A SIDE LEAGUES
» WTB: 4AC side draft manifold / 4AC header

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: