The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Returning from the Other Side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:01 pm

"The Dragon Within demands satisfaction!" bellows Yatagan as he quickly passes his axe under his tail.
"Ahh..." The edges of a crocodile's smile is visible through the grille of his helm.

He swings wildly, planting his axe squarely in the side of the building next to him.

OOC: mark DC1, use Enfeebling Strike, use Mettle on Heyoka or Vox if either are still immobilized


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Rolls...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:03 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 9

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:27 am

"Y'know what? Screw this."

Vox spits shadows into the eye of the Dark Cereeper that has him trapped...or tries, and splatters darkness across an alley wall. Cursing feebly, he twists himself around, literally folds himself into a shadow, and slisp out of the noose.

OOC: Wow. Look at all the ones! Attempted eyebite on DC6, and then Shadow Walk out the noose. If he can jump back through the door into Wise's hideout, he'll do that. If not, move to F4Vox's "Amulet of Health' gives him Resist Poison: 5, so he takes no damage from the poison. Still immobilized, though.


Last edited by Rolzup on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:27 am

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 1

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 am

Rolzup wrote:
OOC: Wow. Look at all the ones!
Wow, three one's... you rolled Chernobyl snake eyes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 am

Shil, are these things undead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 am

Mallus wrote:
Shil, are these things undead?

Nope.

BTW, Odanais' spell does hit both targets and Vox does shadow jaunt away and into the building, in case that matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10 am

Penelope, still angry, runs past two of the enemies (moving to M5), hoping they won't be able to land a hit on her. She then strikes the dark creeper that grabbed her earlier again. Sappho remains in the spot the archer previously occupied, attempting to block some of the monsters.


.... And like everyone else, she misses miserably.


Last edited by Penelope on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10 am

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 2, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 12, 12

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am

Odanais cries out a warning for Penelope to avoid the puddle of writhing shadows he created.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:12 am

Okay. Penelope moves to L4 instead, to avoid Odanais' attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Heyoka unleashes a sweeping blow at the two creatures near him, attempting to keep their attention on him and away from his allies.

OOC: Use Sweeping Blow on DC1 and DC2, marking both of them.


Last edited by shilsen on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 5, 1

--------------------------------

#3 'd10' : 9, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Save vs. poison for Heyoka.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:37 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Heyoka swings at the two dark creepers before him, wounding one, even as he feels the bite of the poison (poison damage 5). Though he focuses on ignoring the poison, aided by an inspiring shout from Yatagan, the shifter finds that his legs are still weak and don't respond as he'd like.

Yatagan doesn't manage to land a hit, but Odanais, using a spell, attacks two of the creatures with a mass of shadows, causing them to stagger for a moment. His attack, however, draws an attack from the nearest enemy, but luckily it misses.

Vox, failing an attack, draws upon his natural affinity to the Shadowfell as a shadar-kai and teleports out of the noose. Reappearing inside the warehouse, he stumbles, the poison still affecting his feet even if his amulet prevents any damage from it.

Penelope, deciding to risk moving away, runs past the two dark creepers near her. They stab at her, one scratching the archer (6 pts). Getting some distance away, she fires back but the hurrying throws her attack off. Sappho remains where the archer was, snarling and trying to keep the enemies away.

Pit, meanwhile, struggles to free himself, but fails miserably.

The four dark creepers on the ground move around their enemies, two focusing their attention on Heyoka and two on Odanais. They ignore Sappho and the vicious cat slashes one as it passes by. One stabs Heyoka (8 pts) and another wounds the mage (14 pts).

One of the two enemies on the roof moves hurriedly to get out of the aura of Odanais' spell and, with Vox having teleported out of his noose, adroitly flicks it onto Yatagan's head and tightens it (10 pts and grabbed). The other dark creeper pulls on the noose, beginning to lift Pit off the ground.


OOC: You guys are up again. I'll send out another map. Considering things are going, ahem, not so well, don't forget the APs and also that we're treating the Healing Word and Inspiring Word abilities gained from the multiclass feats as usable per encounter.

Initiative = Heyoka, Yatagan, Odanais, Vox, Pit, Penelope, bad guys

Damage taken and current status:

Heyoka - 30 (immobilized), Odanais - 14 pts, Penelope - 11, Vox - 33 (ongoing poison 5 and immobilized), Yatagan - 21 (grabbed)

DC1 - 14 pts; DC3 - 9 pts; DC4 - 8 pts (slowed); DC6 - 13 pts (slowed)

Heyoka can save against being immobilized (which was an aftereffect of the poison, so it continued beyond the first save) and Vox against the poison and immobilization (one save). Yatagan must make a DC 19 Athletics check as a move action to escape the grab.


Last edited by shilsen on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:59 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 13, 4

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 12

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 6, 14, 4, 12

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 2, 13

--------------------------------

#6 'd4' : 3, 1, 1, 4

--------------------------------

#7 'd6' : 3, 3, 4, 6

--------------------------------

#8 'd8' : 4, 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:56 am

OOC: I didn't get the map yet. Could you try sending it to gridley23@gmail.com?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:05 am

gridley wrote:
OOC: I didn't get the map yet. Could you try sending it to gridley23@gmail.com?

Crap! I forgot to email out the map. I just sent it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:14 am

Sappho attempts to swipe at one of the dark creepers (DC3). Penelope, meanwhile, prepares to fire at whatever enemy tries to strike Odanais. (If DC3 and DC4 both attack him, Penelope shall use disruptive strike on the latter.)

OOC: Sappho - 14 vs. AC. If that somehow hits, 9dmg. Penelope's disruptive strike - 21 vs. AC, 11dmg & -5 to hit on the triggering attack.


Last edited by Penelope on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:14 am

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 4

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 12

--------------------------------

#4 'd12' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:31 am

Odanais quickly grows annoyed with the grubby little shadow dwellers attacking him and so whips up a big crackling thunderwave to knock them away from him. Then he runs over to stand in the garbage near Penelope for her ability to rapidly kills things comforts him.

OOC: Thunderwave to DC3 and DC4, pushing them (if successful) to squares E4 and D4 respectively.

To hit (vs. fort): 10+7=17 (DC3) and 8+7=15 (DC4)
Damage: 6+5=11 point

He then moves over to square L-5.


Last edited by gridley on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:31 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 10, 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:46 am

Vox staggers a little, waving to any guards who've been startled by his reappearance. "Nothing to worry about," he wheezes, "Just a misunderstanding with some short, violent people. We're dealing with it."

OOC: No save for me! But Vox'll use his Second Wind to regain some points.


Last edited by Rolzup on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Returning from the Other Side   

Back to top Go down
 
Returning from the Other Side
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 4ac side draft intake and headder
» FS near-new Denzo 550cc side-feed injectors
» 1988 K100RT side stand auto-retracts
» PROSTAR 6 A SIDE LEAGUES
» WTB: 4AC side draft manifold / 4AC header

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: