The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Clagoff Finale

Go down 
+3
Mallus
Rolzup
shilsen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Mallus

Mallus

The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:18 pm

This is why it's smart to have a retractable penis.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Well. How did it work out for you all?
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Well, the only character that you're likely to recognize in the next session will be Yatagan.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm

gridley wrote:
Well, the only character that you're likely to recognize in the next session will be Yatagan.

The longer version of that:

The PCs finally found Clagoff, his tiefling wizard, and a bunch of bodyguards (2 orc barbarians and 2 elven archers) on the top level of a huge 3-level elevator (the ones you had learned of while interrogating the guard Vox killed). There was a major fight while the elevator was rising, complete with people falling or being knocked to different levels, one of the chains being smashed and the elevator (and people) sliding around, etc. Toughest fight yet, and the PCs had Lizzy, Vox, Odanais and Heyoka down at various points (and Penelope almost down at 1 hp). Just when it looked like it might go to TPK town, the elevator smashed through into the arena above, allowing Artichoke (the League's original creator) and Christabel (a deva shaman) to join the fight, tilting things over to the PCs' side and helping them win. Clagoff is now officially dead dead.

As for the PCs next session, John is going to take over DMing now, so Vox will be going on hiatus. Steve is going to change Odanais from a wizard to a sorcerer. Amber is bringing in a deva shaman (the aforementioned Christabel) and Mike is probably bringing in a new PC too. So yes, things might be a little different.

By the way, everyone is seventh level now, so level Lizzy up.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:10 pm

And what brought Captain Artichoke to the timely rescue? A vision sent to him from none other than Treasure the Miracle Pig! And so Artichoke is officially the first saint of the Church of Treasure.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:13 pm

gridley wrote:
And what brought Captain Artichoke to the timely rescue? A vision sent to him from none other than Treasure the Miracle Pig! And so Artichoke is officially the first saint of the Church of Treasure.

Ah, yes - I completely forgot to mention that. Something made me try to blot it from my memory.

Anyway, since John (I believe) is about to update and pick up the reins tomorrow, here's a little bit to tide us over:

Once the group returns to the Hall, Artichoke walks around to see what has been done with the place. After blanching slightly at the sight of Treasure reclining blissfully in the middle of what was once his bedroom, he somewhat embarrassedly attempts to talk to the pig. Treasure doesn't show any real sign of recognition or response, if one excludes the enormous porcine fart which sends Artichoke and the others swiftly fleeing her divine presence.

Once everyone has recovered, Artichoke says, "I need to discuss some things with you. All of you." Once the group has convened in the Hall's largest meeting room, he begins to explain. "Over the last few weeks, I've been at Emmanuel Raze's battle academy*, picking up a few skills which I think will significantly help all of you in the future. I've also made more than a few useful contacts, both people who might be able to support our activities in various ways and those who might be interested in joining us. Yes, joining. Considering the success that you have had and the notoriety that you have gained in the last couple of weeks, I believe this is the perfect time to expand our operations. I have a dream. No, not the dream about the pig. But a dream of a large collection of skilled operatives, small groups of whom will regularly go on missions of various kinds, bringing law and order - and other benefits - to the Port, while financially and otherwise benefiting themselves. To that end, the first thing we need to do is find a larger and better base of operations." He glances in the direction of his former room. "Soon. There is a certain person I know of that had an interesting job offer, the reward for which would mean we have a new base we can use, and I think we should pursue it. And use it as the first step to the achievement of new and great things. So, what do you think?"

* Most of the group has heard of Raze. He is an angel, specifically, a deva warlord who makes his home in the Port. In Heaven he once held the rank of Commander of the Third Host of the General Millennial Assembly. Now he's the sole proprietor of the Battle Angel School, reputed to be the finest fighting academy in the Middling Lands. One would suppose the school's entrance requirements demand virtue as well as martial ability, but this is not the case. Emmanuel is a very practical sort of angel. In fact, he seems especially interested in students of the Infernal persuasion.

This practicality extends to the techniques he teaches, which have been described as a kind of "divine street fighting". Raze is particularly fond of a swift knee to the tabernacle...

Rumor has it he's been this way since his lover Immaculata was kidnapped by a Duke of the Infernal Isles. To this day she is believed held in his fortress on the Port of Dis. Raze has led one failed attempted to return her already, a century ago, leading a squad who came to called the Hellstormers. Upon his return to the Port with the survivors he founded the school, threw his doors wide to student of all ethical stripes and incarnations, and, one assumes, continues to plan his beloved's rescue.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 am

OOC: Can someone explain what a deva is? I'm not up on the latest stuff.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 am

overeddie wrote:
OOC: Can someone explain what a deva is? I'm not up on the latest stuff.

They're the 4e version of the 3e aasimar. In short, they're creatures of celestial origin which are near immortal in that they are reborn in a new body whenever they die.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:49 am

shilsen wrote:
They're the 4e version of the 3e aasimar.
Now I feel really dumb. I guess if it's not in the PHB, I don't know about it.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:55 am

overeddie wrote:
Now I feel really dumb. I guess if it's not in the PHB, I don't know about it.

Not a problem. I realize some people don't memorize D&D books. I can't see why they wouldn't want to, but I realize they don't.

Jokes aside, here's a little Wikipedia info on them (more about aasimars than devas, however).
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:06 am

Oh, I stopped playing with AD&D and was never in to all the expansion material. When I picked up again with 3.5, I only played casually and never got any material beyond the PHB. So much of this is all foreign to me.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 am

overeddie wrote:
Oh, I stopped playing with AD&D and was never in to all the expansion material. When I picked up again with 3.5, I only played casually and never got any material beyond the PHB. So much of this is all foreign to me.

Ah, I see. I played 3e right from the time in started in lots of games (tabletop and online), plus spent tons of time on the largest D&D fan site (ENWorld), so I picked up lots and lots of random info.

Anyway, back to the game - anyone responding to what Artichoke said?

And one other thing - since people are going to be bringing in new PCs and reworking old ones, I was thinking of running a mock-combat between PC groups (probably with Artichoke and a couple of retired PCs on one side, and the PCs who will be played on the other). In-game, it would be Artichoke's way of getting the new group to practice their moves and learn each other's capabilities. And OOC it would be a decent way for people to get used to their new PCs and how they interact as a team with the old ones. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 am

shilsen wrote:
"Over the last few weeks, I've been at Emmanuel Raze's battle academy*, picking up a few skills which I think will significantly help all of you in the future.
"Oh, have you joined the Razing Angels? A lot of epic, epic verse has been written about them. They're destined to rescue some lady from the clutches of Hell. Once they stop failing, that is."

Quote :
There is a certain person I know of that had an interesting job offer, the reward for which would mean we have a new base we can use, and I think we should pursue it. And use it as the first step to the achievement of new and great things. So, what do you think?"
"Ahem... we've had our eye on Clagoff's old estate. Shouldn't be a problem once we scare of his kin. Speaking of eyes... excuse me, I need to visit the loo."
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Okay, I jumped the gun a little bit when posting my thread....
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Okay, I jumped the gun a little bit when posting my thread....

Not at all. Let's just continue with yours. And if people really do want to respond to the above, they can always backpost to this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clagoff Finale
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9