The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Clagoff Finale

Go down 
+3
Mallus
Rolzup
shilsen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
shilsen

shilsen

The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:07 am

Vox easily picks the lock and pops open the door, to reveal a ten-foot wide corridor, some twenty feet in length and ending at a set of double doors. There is the sound of hurried movement beyond it. The adventurers move to this pair of doors, with the sound of bailiffs attempting to deal with the owlbear and the crowd behind them.

Vox again picks the lock quickly and shoves the door open, to reveal a large chamber beyond. Crates are stacked at points around the chamber, blocking off parts of it. Six humanoids stand waiting in the chamber, the hyena-like heads atop their muscular and hairy bodies identifying them as a species normally found in the Interior and very rare in the Port, namely gnolls.

Two block the central part of the chamber between two stacks of crates, with no visible weapons except for their long claws and fangs. Another two, wielding long spears, block passage around the crates. Two more gnolls crouch atop the crates, wielding longbows.

Behind the gnolls stands Dagobert Hax, wielding a sword and blocking access to the only visible exit, another set of doors. They close just as Vox opens the doors before him, providing a glimpse of the tiefling and Clagoff before they shut. Hax levels his sword at the adventurers and the gnolls emit hyena-like snarls as they prepare to attack.

OOC: Roll initiative. The enemies go on 20, so if you beat that you can post your actions. I'll mail an Excel map as usual to show you the positions.
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 am

OOC: 20 Initiative, but Shil says I have a higher bonus than the monsters. If I roll the highest on Initiative, I'd like to use Hunter's Privilege (+3 dmg to Quarry).

Last edited by Penelope on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 am

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 am

Penelope takes aim at one of the Gnolls (G5), attempting to strike it twice.

OOC: Marking G5 as quarry.

I stink. 3dmg on the attack that hits, plus 1dmg for quarry. If I'm highest on initiative, make the quarry damage 4 points.

Last edited by Penelope on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 am

#1 'd20' : 2, 18

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 8, 1

#3 'd6' : 1
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 am

OOC: Initiative = 8

"Why does it smell like wet dogs in here?" asks Odanais.

Last edited by gridley on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:23 am

Yatagan is going to use Wrath of the Gods (everyone adds +4 to their damage until the end of the encounter) right before Vox opens the door, and then do something else when his turn comes around.

OOC: Init - 6 --he's Sleestak slow, ain't he?

Yatagan bellows through the open door, in lieu of actually taking rapid action "Clagoff, I'm going to blow your corpse during the finale of my next play! It'll be the only good piece of theater you've ever done!"

Last edited by Mallus on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:46 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:23 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:38 am

Mallus wrote:
"Clagoff, I'm going to blow your corpse during the finale of my next play!"

Oh my...
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:41 am

gridley wrote:

Oh my...
Yatagan is mortified not by the fact he'd just threatened Clagoff with necrophilic fellatio, but that he, in a big dramatic moment, flubbed one of his lines. He opens his mouth to correct himself, then stops.

You know, it plays better this way...

Giving in to the monster in him he adds, "Then I'm going to shit out your eyes!".
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Vox smiles coolly at the gnolls, for once feeling as though he's in control of the situation. He explodes into motion, darting across the room to stab at a spearman, following it up with a slash at the beast's face that sends it staggering half-blinded into the room. He paces silently behind it, moving lightly across the floor.

"Bad dog."

OOC: Initiative: 27

Bait and Switch: Attacking spearman at F2,29 to hit vs. Will, 25 damage, move target to E3 and shift self to E2

Last edited by Rolzup on Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:53 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Mallus wrote:
Yatagan is going to use Wrath of the Gods (everyone adds +4 to their damage until the end of the encounter) right before Vox opens the door, and then do something else when his turn comes around.

Sure. You're gonna miss it later Twisted Evil

Quote :
Yatagan bellows through the open door, in lieu of actually taking rapid action "Clagoff, I'm going to blow your corpse during the finale of my next play! It'll be the only good piece of theater you've ever done!"

Quote :
Giving in to the monster in him he adds, "Then I'm going to shit out your eyes!"

Clearly I need to start a thread on ENWorld entitled "Best in-combat taunts evah!"

And back to IC stuff:

Only Vox and Penelope are fast enough to act before the enemies do, one rushing in and stabbing a gnoll, while the second fires a couple of arrows at another, both being aided by the prayer Yatagan used just before they opened the door.

A split second before they strike, Hax waves his sword and bellows commands, causing the gnolls to rush in. The two apparently unarmed gnolls rush Yatagan, striking at him with their oversized claws, but his heavy armor mostly protects him (6 damage).

The spear-wielder whom Vox attacked strikes at the shadar-kai (8 damage), while Hax moves up on his other side and swings his sword, hitting only air. The other spear-wielder moves around the battlefield to get in a position to stab at Yatagan (13 damage).

The two archers draw careful beads on their targets, the one near Vox stepping away onto another pile of crates before firing, but both of their arrows fly off target.

OOC: I rolled initiative for Lizzy and Heyoka to keep things moving and the gnolls beat both, so I posted. Now it’s back to your turns. I’ll send out another map.

Damage taken: Vox (8 hp), Yatagan (19 hp)
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Odanais runs forward and flings his right arm outward, sending out a rippling sheet of burning flames that pass harmlessly through his friends to burn the advancing gnolls.

Move to C-6.
Fire Shroud at Gnolls E4-E6.
To hit (vs. fort): 13, 19, 16
Damage: 10 (plus 5 ongoing fire).

Last edited by gridley on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:07 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 3, 9, 6

#2 'd8' : 4
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:50 pm

shilsen wrote:
Well, if you put it like that I'll wait (so this is going to be multiple encounters?).

Yatagan flicks his semen onto one of the gnolls as the magic in his cruel-looking battleaxe siphons of some of his blood and other vital bodily fluids. He swings... badly.

OOC: mark 1 unarmed gnoll, take 2 damage from Bloodclaw axe, use Piercing Smite - 16 vs REF, damage 14

Last edited by Mallus on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:50 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 5

#2 'd10' : 1, 1
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:54 pm

Mallus wrote:
shilsen wrote:
Well, if you put it like that I'll wait (so this is going to be multiple encounters?).

Yup. Note that Clagoff and his mage aren't actually here right now.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:12 pm

shilsen wrote:
Yup. Note that Clagoff and his mage aren't actually here right now.
OK... thanks for the clarification (and hint).
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:22 pm

"You suck," Vox says cheerfully to Hax, as he allows himself to topple sideways into the shadows.

He emerges on the other side of the crates, smoothly stabbing one of Yatigan's opponents in the back as he does. He grins as the enraged beast turns to him, babbing and shifting as he drops into a fencing stance that he was sure that he'd forgotten eyars ago.

"You suck too," he tells the gnoll.

OOC: Teleport to 5F, use Piercing Strike -- 26 vs. Reflex, and 22 points of damage to the gnoll at E5 (Changed my mind in mid-post, rolled the wrong die, used IC to roll the right ones.) Minor action to go into Sidestep Stance, giving +2 AC against the gnoll at E5.

Last edited by Rolzup on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:22 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 12

#2 'd6' : 4
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Penelope attempts to strike the wounded gnoll twice, though it appears that only one arrow reaches its target...

OOC: Rolls... 25 vs. AC, 6dmg.

Last edited by Penelope on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:10 pm

#1 'd20' : 13, 3

#2 'd12' : 1, 5

#3 'd6' : 3
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:22 pm

Updated mid-round update: The claw gnoll at E5 is critically wounded and the ongoing damage from Odanais' spell will kill it when its turn comes up.

Lizzy and Heyoka still to go this round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clagoff Finale   The Clagoff Finale - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clagoff Finale
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next