The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Into the Pit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Little more info: You have one minion and 2 zombies at the top and one zombie below. All are wounded, one of them at the top bloodied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Odanais will push back the three zombies on top with another Thunderwave.

To hit (fort): 11, 20, 20

--------------------------------

Damage: 8, 7, 11


Last edited by gridley on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:28 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 4, 13, 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 3, 2, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Vox makes a smoothly flowing gesture with his free hand, his fingers trailing a stream of toothed shadows that he negligently flicks towards the zombie's face. As the teeth set to chewing, he retreats back to the very edge of the drop-off.

(OOC: Eyebite: 18 to-hit vs. Will, 6 points of damage, invisible to this zombie for one turn, move to the edge of the drop-off. AC s 21, plus whatever Invisiblity grants, vs. oportunity attack.)


Last edited by Rolzup on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:41 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:17 am

Penelope delays until Odanais acts, and then carefully aims at the zombie that just hit her. The archer's arrow hits her enemy. Immediately afterward, she readies another shot for whatever zombie decides to strike any of the group members next.


OOC: Singular Shot - Crit, 29dmg

Disruptive Strike - (Immediate interrupt, triggered by an attack) 25 vs AC, assuming it hits the attack does 7dmg. -5 to triggering attack.


Last edited by Penelope on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:17 am

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 7, 5

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 16

--------------------------------

#4 'd12' : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 am

Yatagan also delays until after Odanais staggers the zombies with his magic. Then with a slightly stage-y cry, he pursues the most damaged one, slashing at it with his axe, whose edge suddenly flares with a milky radiance...

OCC: move adjacent to the bloodied zombie at hit it with Holy Strike: to hit 25, 17 damage (assuming the zombies have Vulnerability 5 to Radiant damage).


Last edited by Mallus on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:52 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:04 pm

While Penelope and Yatagan wait, Odanais again blasts the zombies around them. Unfortunately he can only reach two, since one had moved into Vox's position, and one of the two targets is unaffected by the explosion of force. The other, however, is blasted away from Penelope,who seizes the opportunity to fire her bow without risk and drops it with an arrow through the head. Yatagan steps forward and decapitates the zombie which Vox had wounded, and as the remaining zombie atop the slope pulls back its arm to swing at the paladin, Penelope puts another arrow through its head.

At the bottom of the slope, Vox uses a spell, striking the zombie before him and disappearing from its sight. The befuddled and brainless creature strikes uncertainly at the spot the shadar-kai had just occupied, while Vox moves behind him.

Vox, as well as those at the top of the slope, can see that there is movement in the tunnels which open into this area, as well as in the large one at the end, but nothing else seems to be emerging yet. Vox, having moved to the edge of the cliff, sees something more. The cliff ends some forty feet below at a wide and fast-moving stream, the width impossible to make out since it is at the edge of his vision. What he can make out, however, is that there is movement in the cliff. There are dozens of creatures in the cliff, buried anywhere from waist-deep all the way to the neck. These are zombies too, all tiefling or dragonborn. Most simply hang there, doing nothing, but others twitch and move slightly, as far as the stone around them allows.


OOC: Only one zombie left (unbloodied, but quite wounded) facing Vox.

Penelope (12 dmg taken), Vox (14 hp dmg taken), Odanais (5 hp dmg taken), Yatagan (19 hp dmg taken), Zombie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 pm

The archer grins at the last remaining (well, visible to her) zombie, then aims to shoot it twice. Only one arrow hits.

OOC: 8dmg on the one hit.


Last edited by Penelope on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:06 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 19, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 6, 9

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:51 pm

After Penelope skewers him, Odanais barbeques him. [To hit: 18, Damage 7]


Last edited by gridley on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:51 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 11

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:51 pm

As the last zombie searches for Vox, an arrow sinks into it, a burst of fire scorches it, and then Vox's rapier emerges from the front of its head. The undead sinks to the ground, apparently really dead this time, leaving the field to the four adventurers.

There is, of course, still more movement in the tunnels, though no more enemies have emerged yet. And while the question of precisely what got the dwarven mercenaries has apparently been solved, there is not yet any sign of Pit (or his remains, or the dwarves, for that matter), and the question of exactly where and in what state the leak to the Shadowfell is has not yet been answered. On the other hand, it is likely more dangerous to advance deeper into this place. Decisions, decisions.


OOC: Since you guys are currently lacking healers and I'm a kind, gentle soul, I'll let you blow healing surges and heal, now that you have some leisure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:51 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 13, 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Penelope walks down the slope, rubbing away the pain in her bruised ribs and thinking, Damn. I should have told them that it was stupid to come down here without the entire group. She says, "Okay, let's get the hell out of this place."


OOC: She spends 2 healing surges to get back to full.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:43 pm

shilsen wrote:
And while the question of precisely what got the dwarven mercenaries has apparently been solved, there is not yet any sign of Pit (or his remains, or the dwarves, for that matter)

Can Odanais find any bodies that might be Talia's fellow guard Laurel?

Also: might as well check them for anything magical. [Arcane 9+11=20]

Penelope wrote:
Penelope walks down the slope, rubbing away the pain in her bruised ribs and thinking, Damn. I should have told them that it was stupid to come down here without the entire group. She says, "Okay, let's get the hell out of this place."

"All spelunked out already?" Odanais asks, as his healing surge rushes through him. "Are you certain you wouldn't want to explore a bit more while we're down here?"


Last edited by gridley on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:43 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:52 pm

gridley wrote:
Can Odanais find any bodies that might be Talia's fellow guard Laurel?

Nope. In fact, from the few pieces of armor and weaponry found on the zombies, as well as the predominance of dragonborn and tieflings, you think all the undead you have encountered were originally members of the two great empires whose actions ended the World Before. Probably of their armies, since they did include non-dragonborn and non-tieflings, as some of the zombies are.

Quote :
Also: might as well check them for anything magical. [Arcane 9+11=20]

There are no magical items on them, but you catch a whisper of magic from the large opening which most of the zombies came through. Unfortunately, you don't manage to identify it. Then again, it's likely the leak between the planes which Vox has detected earlier.

Note that detecting magic takes a minute, so I'm assuming Odanais is doing this while you guys are talking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:27 pm

gridley wrote:

"All spelunked out already?" Odanais asks, as his healing surge rushes through him. "Are you certain you wouldn't want to explore a bit more while we're down here?"

"It's a group decision, of course," begins the archer, "but I'm for getting out of here. Pit is most likely dead and we're not exactly at full-force." Sappho and Treasure are also at home... and that Clagoff... Penelope frowns at the thought. "There's a certain person, if you recall, that's threatened to visit us if we don't visit him first. I'm a bit worried about that..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am

Penelope wrote:
"It's a group decision, of course," begins the archer, "but I'm for getting out of here. Pit is most likely dead and we're not exactly at full-force."
"Wouldn't coming here at full strength require us to leave our headquarters and the miracle pig undefended?" asks Yatagan in a wise, reassuring and wholly affected voice. "Besides, if not-so-young Pit was carried into this dark place for some purpose, then it stands to reason he is both alive and still before us".

Quote :
"There's a certain person, if you recall, that's threatened to visit us if we don't visit him first. I'm a bit worried about that..."
"Oh I haven't forgotten. Clagoff said he'd give us a day to bring him Treasure there's no reason to believe he's lying. An attack on us will cost him lives. He'll try the easy way first, being a coward and a terrible playwright."

Yatagan breathes deeply and lets out a unsettling reptilian hiss. His blood's obvious up, and he visibly shakes off the pain from the zombie's blows (OOC: Yatagan spends a Healing Surge and regains 15 HP).

"I say we press on. At the very least we should further investigate the mystic leak."


Last edited by Mallus on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:50 am

"Pit fell into the hole. So did others. It was probably just an accident and it does not stand to reason he's been brought down for some dark, unknown motive." Penelope then shrugs, and pauses for a moment to consider the consequences of staying - consequences like being beaten to death and/or eaten by zombies, finding worse undead creatures in the pit... The archer frowns, mostly to herself, and says, "I disagree with going any further, but if I'm the only one that thinks this is a bad idea, then alright. Whatever. I'll keep going."

Quote :

"Oh I haven't forgotten. Clagoff said he'd give us a day to bring him Treasure there's no reason to believe he's lying. An attack on us will cost him lives. He'll try the easy way first, being a coward and a terrible playwright."

"Okay," Penelope responds, "as long as we get around to taking care of him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 am

Penelope wrote:
It was probably just an accident and it does not stand to reason he's been brought down for some dark, unknown motive."
"I use the reason of poets, Ms. Pindar" says Yatagan.

Quote :
"Okay," Penelope responds, "as long as we get around to taking care of him."
"Rest assured we'll take care of him. We shall challenge him to a duel of one-acts".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 am

Just as the group seems to come to an agreement about going on, the choice of what to do next is taken out of their hands. A couple of zombies shamble out of the large opening ahead of them, moving a little faster than the ones they saw before. Behind them is a larger, burlier zombie dragonborn, and as it catches up to them, their movements slow. Streams of ice flow over their bodies and they stagger and collapse. The dragonborn zombie continues onwards towards the adventurers.

Some distance behind it emerge two zombie tieflings, each of them dripping dark liquid from rips in their bodies. Globs of similar matter are grasped in their clawed hands.

The appearance of these three creatures also causes another half a dozen zombies to emerge from the tunnel via which the adventurers entered this area. Seven of the undead head right for them, while the two tieflings hang back.


OOC: Roll initiative. The zombies all go on an 18, so if you beat it, take your action. This is a new encounter, so all encounter powers are available.

With so many of you having Religion as a trained skill, you can identify the three more powerful zombies. The dragonborn is a Chillborn Zombie, one infused by the cold of the Shadowfell. It has an aura of cold which damages those around it, and its blows immobilize enemies (and do extra cold damage to the immobilized). The tieflings are Corruption Corpses, which can hurl necrotic matter as ranged attacks at enemies and weaken them.

Since there are a lot of creatures in play, I'm emailing you guys an Excel spreadsheet which sets out the battlefield for you.


Last edited by shilsen on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   

Back to top Go down
 
Into the Pit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: