The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Into the Pit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:54 pm

shilsen wrote:
They're still flanking you, but since you go first, you could always stand (move action) and shift (move action) in one round to get your self out of the flank. Or do that and use an AP to thunderburst them away too. Or some other spell (Sleep works on undead in 4e, and you do get a +3 to attacks when using an AP), if you prefer. Or you could stand, shift and AP your Second Wind, which would get you up to 16 hp and give you a +2 to all defenses, stacking with the +4 from Shield when you use it.

Cool.

Odanais climbs to his feet and shifts two squares to the east, then spends an action point to cast Sleep on the two wraiths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm

To hit (will): 30 [20 + 10] and 14 [4 + 10]

And he'll use his orb to reduce the first wraith's saving throws by -3.


Last edited by gridley on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 20, 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:26 am

Deciding that it isn't any good attacking in her weakened state, Penelope tries to shake it off. And seeing that Odanais needs help, she moves over to him and hurriedly helps him back to his feet.

OOC: Penelope uses Second Wind, healing 11 hp, and then moves to D7. She'll draw an OA from one wraith, but her defenses are higher now. When she gets there, she uses an AP and uses Heal on Odanais to let him use his Second Wind too. And she saves vs. the weakness.


Last edited by Penelope on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:26 am

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am

gridley wrote:
Odanais climbs to his feet and shifts two squares to the east, then spends an action point to cast Sleep on the two wraiths.

You can only shift one square (though some powers allow more). Since Penelope is now next to you at D7 (see her post above), I'll presume you're shifting to D8 and then using Sleep, since that would let you target them without hitting anyone else. Also, I presume you'll use Shield first chance you get where it helps. Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:44 am

Penelope wrote:
Deciding that it isn't any good attacking in her weakened state, Penelope tries to shake it off. And seeing that Odanais needs help, she moves over to him and hurriedly helps him back to his feet.

OOC: Penelope uses Second Wind, healing 11 hp, and then moves to D7. She'll draw an OA from one wraith, but her defenses are higher now. When she gets there, she uses an AP and uses Heal on Odanais to let him use his Second Wind too. And she saves vs. the weakness.

"Thank you, Ms. Pindar."

OOC: You rock! Penelope will get a +2 on her heal check because of Odanais' magic belt.

shilsen wrote:
You can only shift one square (though some powers allow more). Since Penelope is now next to you at D7 (see her post above), I'll presume you're shifting to D8 and then using Sleep, since that would let you target them without hitting anyone else. Also, I presume you'll use Shield first chance you get where it helps. Right?

Right on all counts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:06 am

gridley wrote:
"Thank you, Ms. Pindar."

OOC: You rock! Penelope will get a +2 on her heal check because of Odanais' magic belt.

Not a problem! I figure Odanais and Yatagan are the most effective members of the party right now anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:08 am

shilsen wrote:
Mallus wrote:
shil, can I use a free action while Dazed to activate his Gauntlets of Ogre Power, for another +5 damage? Also, can you use an Action Point when Dazed?[/i]

Yes on both counts.
Just to be clear then, Yatagan will use his Gauntlets on the 1st hit and an Action Point to enable the 2nd. Total damage = (26/2)+(13/2) = 19.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 pm

gridley wrote:
Undead bastards!

"Oi! Watch the slurs; there's no call for that sort of thing, breather!"

An irritated Vox lunges around the stalagmite, skewering nothing but air, and unleases a volley of curses. He whips his left hand around, throwing a mass of shadowstuff into the place where the wraith's eyes should be, and hopes for the best.

[OOC: Well, that didn't go as I had hoped.... Move to E8, Bait and Switch misses W3, use Eyebite for 21 vs. Will, inflict 14 points with Eyebite, and be invisible to W3 for the turn. Hopefully.[/i]


Last edited by Rolzup on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 8, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 14

--------------------------------

#4 'd6' : 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Forgot the Sneak Attack Damage....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 4, 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Rolls...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 9, 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 4, 3

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 16, 6, 5

--------------------------------

#4 'd6' : 5, 6, 1, 5, 1, 3

--------------------------------

#5 'd20' : 16, 19

--------------------------------

#6 'd20' : 16

--------------------------------

#7 'd6' : 2, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:56 pm

Deciding to help keep Odanais on his feet, Penelope moves over and helps the mage up, and Odanais backs away and casts a spell, slowing the wraiths near him. Luckily, while both the archer's and mage's actions allow their enemies free attacks, neither wraith connects. Vox, meanwhile, uses shadow against shadow, striking the closest wraith with a magical attack which renders him invisible to it for the moment.

The wounded wraith screeches in anger, but unable to see Vox, it attacks Odanais, as do the others. Despite his protections, the mage cannot avoid a painful attack, but he remains standing for now. The mad wraith continues to assault Yatagan's mind (5 damage; dazed) and it also claws him, causing him further pain (11 psychic & ongoing -2 to Will defense).

If that weren't enough, the paladin now finds himself with a painfully hot (3 pts ongoing radiant damage) sensation in his codpiece, and everyone in the chamber can see a glow emanating from his nether regions. Yatagan's axe also begins to glow with radiance. With a yell of pain and surprise, he hacks at the mad wraith, each of his blows doing more damage than he expected and drawing a shriek from the undead. Its maddening whispers also fade away.

A moment later, Penelope and Vox find their weapons beginning to glow as well, while Odanais' hands do so too.

OOC: Initiative, status & damage taken - Penelope (6 dmg), Odanais (30 dmg; weakened), Vox, Wraiths, Yatagan (29 dmg; -2 to Will)

Odanais can save vs. the weakening at the end of his turn, and Yatagan vs. the -2 to Will.

Everyone's attacks now do an extra 3 pts of radiant damage per attack, which prevents regeneration for the wraiths and which they are vulnerable to.

Yatagan realizes that he can pull out the box with the god and use it to turn undead (rolling +8 vs. Will and doing 1d10+6 radiant damage) as per the cleric power, if he makes a DC 15 Religion check. And if you want to suggest something else, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:15 pm

"I guess the god is on our side," says Penelope, taking a brief moment to examine her glowing weapon. She then aims carefully at the wraith Vox has damaged and attempts to strike it with two curiously radiant arrows...

OOC: Marking Vox's target as Penelope's quarry.

How crappy! I presume I hit both times - 26 and 27 vs the wraiths AC - but the damage isn't too great. 12dmg on the first shot, 13dmg on the 2nd.


Last edited by Penelope on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:15 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 17, 18

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 3, 5

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Vox tumbles away from his foe, stabbing it again as he moves. The sheer force of his blow is enough to send the wraith reeling backwards as it bleeds something too dark and tenuous to be blood.


OOC: Well. Agony to Ecstasy.... Shift to F9, and that's a critical hit with Positioning Strike, doing 21 points of radiant damage on W3, and then sliding it to 7C.


Last edited by Rolzup on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Damnit. Sneak attack + crit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:18 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 2, 2, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Oi! Watch the slurs; there's no call for that sort of thing, breather!"

"Well, you don't see this sort of thing happen when you spelunk in a cave full of living people," says Odanais as he shifts to C9 and then casts Illusory Ambush at Wraith #2. "Now do you?"

To hit (will): 14 = 7 + 7
Damage: 11 = 3 + 5 + 3

If hit is successful, Wraith #2 will be at -2 to hit.


Last edited by gridley on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Though dazed and in apparent pain Sir Yatagan Fracas looks triumphant. He drops his semen-spattered battleaxe and in a surprisingly reverent maneuver, produces a hotly-glowing box from inside his steel breeches.

"Behold the Codpiece God!" he bellows.

RAWR! adds the Dragon Within.

OOC: drop battle axe (free), retrieve god-box and turn (standard), use Mettle on Penelope (minor).

OOC part 2: I have a request. Instead of Religion, which Yatagan will fail miserably, can he use Diplomacy instead? After all, it's not like he's using mystical knowledge, he's asking the god --politely-- to unleash it's power.


Last edited by Mallus on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   

Back to top Go down
 
Into the Pit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: