The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Into the Pit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Penelope again fires two shots in quick succession, aiming for the two closest zombies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:16 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 11, 16

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 9, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Odanais is feeling pretty happy with fire as a weapon of choice against these fiends, so he'll try it again, attempting to singe as many of them as a burst 1 will allow (presumably no more than 9, so I'll do nine attack rolls just to be safe).

To hit (reflex): 25, 11, 18, 26, 8, 14, 23, 23, 10
Damage: 10, 11, 11, 9, 8, 7, 10, 8, 7


Last edited by gridley on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:21 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 18, 4, 11, 19, 1, 7, 16, 16, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:24 pm

And damage....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:24 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 5, 6, 6, 4, 3, 2, 5, 3, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Yatagan will spend a moment transfixed by Odanais's pyrotechnic display before snapping out of it and spraying a section of the zombie mob with poison, trying to get as many non-burnt ones as he can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:47 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 7, 18, 18, 17, 20, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 3, 11, 20, 2, 1, 15
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:51 pm

Oops... that 2nd line is supposed to be d6's.

After breathing on the walking dead, Yatagan will take a step toward the ledge ahead of his frailer companions and ready his axe, swinging at the first zombie to make it up the slope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:51 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd6' : 6, 6, 4, 6, 3, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 15

--------------------------------

#3 'd10' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Vox levels his crossbow and takes another shot, whistling tunelessly. "It's like another day at the office," he notes petulantly, as he reloads the bow.

(OOC: Using Deft Strike, 24 to-hit, 12 damage)


Last edited by Rolzup on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:57 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 15

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 4, 1, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Mallus wrote:
Yatagan will spend a moment transfixed by Odanais's pyrotechnic display before snapping out of it...

OOC: I'm just hoping there aren't any pockets of natural gas down here to ignite...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:42 pm

gridley wrote:
OOC: I'm just hoping there aren't any pockets of natural gas down here to ignite...

OOC: Hopefully this place is too unnatural for natural gas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Penelope's shots drop two more zombies as they begin to make their way up the slope, and Vox takes down another. Odanais' fiery burst blasts three apart, but the other two that it hits are in better shape and continue onwards, though charred somewhat. Yatagan reflexively breathes poison over the advancing undead, remembering belatedly that they are immune to poison. Switching to more physical methods, he hacks at the first zombie to reach him, one of the charred ones. This one is a dead dragonborn, still wearing a battered helmet and the remnants of old chain armor, and Yatagan's battleaxe glances off and removes a chunk from a shoulder, rather than dropping the zombie.

The six zombies remaining make it to the top of the slop, some of them slipping and sliding slightly, which prevents them from attacking immediately. The others swing at whoever is in front of them as soon as they reach the top, attacking blindly with no coordination. Vox and Yatagan manage to fend off their attackers, but a crumbling sword smacks Odanais on the side, while another zombie throws its arms around Penelope, threatening to pull the archer off the ledge.


OOC: Back to you guys. You now have six zombies in a line across the front of the line you form. Two are wounded (but not bloodied), and two of the other four were previously damaged and look easy to take down (i.e. minions). One of them has grabbed Penelope.

Initiative - Penelope (grabbed), Vox, Odanais (5 hp dmg taken), Yatagan, Zombies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Penelope pushes away the zombie that grabbed her. The archer then attempts to strike it with another quick succession of two arrows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:29 pm

The member 'Penelope' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 11

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 11, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'd12' : 11, 10

--------------------------------

#4 'd6' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:31 pm

"No, no, don't like this at all." Vox lunges at one of the zombies with his rapier, taking it in the shoulder and knocking it off balance as he shoves past it and slides smoothly down the incline.

(OOC: 19 vs. Will, 7 points of damage, switch places with foe and shift 3 squares. Zombie should be between two of the others now, and flankable, while Vox end up at the bottom of the slope.)


Last edited by Rolzup on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:31 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:18 am

Odanais attempts to push three of the zombies away from them by throwing a Thunderwave.

To hit (vs fort): 15, 19, 17

--------------------------------

Damage: 9, 9, 10


Last edited by gridley on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:18 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 8, 12, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 4, 4, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:46 am

OOC: I'm assuming Penelope is next to Yatagan, seeing as she could use him as cover and he'd offer himself as such, since he is gallant.

Countering the shambling dead with a gesture full of life, Yatagan issues a Divine Challenge to the zombie grabbing Penelope. He then unleashes a complex sweeping-and-poking stroke against it with his axe.

OOC: Piercing Smite, 25 to hit, damage 13, two other opponents adjacent to me are Marked until the end of my next turn.


Last edited by Mallus on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:46 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 2, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Penelope wiggles her way out of the zombie's grasp and fires a pair of arrows into it at point-blank range. The creature seizes the opportunity to smash the archer in the side painfully, and then staggers back as the two arrows sink deep into its body. Nearby, Vox stabs another zombie and spins it around, causing it to lurch into the position he occupied as he slides neatly down the incline.

Odanais unleashes a blast of force, blowing apart one of the previously damaged zombies as well as the one Penelope just wounded. A third zombie survives the attack but is shoved backwards down the slope, arms windmilling as it attempts to keep its balance. Yatagan, seeing Penelope's attacker go down, switches his attention to the one Vox hit and slashes into it, but the zombie remains upright.

The three zombies at the top attack the three people before them, but they focus on Yatagan, even their feeble intellect realizing that he has marked them. Yatagan takes a powerful blow the the ribs and a punch to the face. The one zombie Odanais knocked down the slope proceeds to hammer Vox in the chest too.

Initiative - Penelope (12 dmg taken), Vox (14 hp dmg taken), Odanais (5 hp dmg taken), Yatagan (19 hp dmg taken), Zombies


Last edited by shilsen on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:41 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 20, 17, 9, 20, 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 5, 5, 2, 6, 3, 2, 5, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   

Back to top Go down
 
Into the Pit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: