The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Godly Bunch

Go down 
+3
shilsen
Mallus
gridley
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mallus

Mallus

The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:23 pm

gridley wrote:
"Although, I suspect that debt may be closer to paid than you reckon. You see, She's been waiting a long time for the right sort of Dragonborn to come along, so that She can fulfill the destiny that those what made her instilled in her."
"I live to serve. I also live to one day ascend to magnificent fire-breathing godhood. But for now, serving is good."

Quote :
Perhaps its just an involuntary twitch, but Yatagan swears that the old Goblin woman winks at him in much the same fashion as his infant self did from within the god-egg Grilip.
"Signs and wonders!" exclaims Yatagan. "Everywhere I go I see destiny winking at me."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 2:40 pm

OOC: are we ready to move on?

We have to do the Eliza Doolittle routine on a fake goddess and hire a ship to Hell. Also, we may want to beef up Swine Manor's defenses in case of reprisals from the Eladrin ("You can't teach religious tolerance without shedding a little blood").

edit: and we have to shop (go on a quest?) for wedding presents!

Last edited by Mallus on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 am

Mallus wrote:

We have to do the Eliza Doolittle routine on a fake goddess and hire a ship to Hell. Also, we may want to beef up Swine Manor's defenses in case of reprisals from the Eladrin ("You can teach religious tolerance without shedding a little blood").

Next step is to meet with Fagin's future in-laws, yes?
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:15 pm

Are they in the Port?
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:28 pm

overeddie wrote:
Are they in the Port?

Yes, indeed, the devilish duo of Maror and Charoset have a nightclub here in the Port.

Of course, there may be other family waiting in the Infernal Isles.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Mallus wrote:

We have to do the Eliza Doolittle routine on a fake goddess and hire a ship to Hell. Also, we may want to beef up Swine Manor's defenses in case of reprisals from the Eladrin ("You can't teach religious tolerance without shedding a little blood").

Cash is being traditional, yes?

Couple of ways of defending Swine Manor -- one involves hiring people, and thus spending money, and would therefore put Artichoke's heart at risk.

Alternatively we could hold some sort of festival (Swinestock?), pack the grounds with goblin revelers, and trust to the sheer weight of numbers to keep the Eladrin at bay. Or to just add to the chaos and ensuing bloodshed.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Couple of ways of defending Swine Manor -- one involves hiring people, and thus spending money, and would therefore put Artichoke's heart at risk.

Alternatively we could hold some sort of festival (Swinestock?), pack the grounds with goblin revelers, and trust to the sheer weight of numbers to keep the Eladrin at bay. Or to just add to the chaos and ensuing bloodshed.

OOC: Actually, if the question of guarding the Manor comes up, Artichoke is much keener on the first idea than the latter. In view of how much money the PCs made on the deal, he suggests that you leave some of it with him for the purposes of hiring some extra muscle. With the number of skilled warriors already present at the Manor, they should be able to handle any problems easily enough. And, while he doesn't say it, Artichoke is fairly obviously looking forward to Yatagan, Paetros, Fagin and Lizzy leaving on their trip, so he can do some damage control.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:46 am

OOC: The idea of Swinestock, which I picture as a combination of Woodstock and the 1968 Democratic Convention -- which also featured a pig prominently, as I recall-- except with more violent little goblins, is appealing. Nay, it is beautiful.

Though hiring actual guards with our surplus of actual money does make sense. Even to Yatagan.

And shil, what is this 'damage control' of which you speak Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 am

Mallus wrote:
And shil, what is this 'damage control' of which you speak Very Happy ?

I'm not quite sure yet, but I'm pretty sure it begins with getting the PCs out of the Port first. Artichoke's smart enough to know that any attempt to make sure that nobody's pissed off at and/or wanting to kill him or others members of his group will not work if Yatagan, Paetros and co. have a chance to get involved.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:31 am

shilsen wrote:
Artichoke's smart enough to know that any attempt to make sure that nobody's pissed off at and/or wanting to kill him or others members of his group will not work if Yatagan, Paetros and co. have a chance to get involved.
OOC: We're a church founded by adventurers! (when we're not a Communist revolution) Of course we're going to stir things up. Probably with fire...

On the plus side (for Artichoke), the wedding party might not survive the Infernal Isles.

Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Mallus wrote:
[OOC: We're a church founded by adventurers! (when we're not a Communist revolution) Of course we're going to stir things up. Probably with fire...

Artichoke, alas, had some delusions about trying to channelize that energy and control what you stir up. More the fool he.

Quote :
On the plus side (for Artichoke), the wedding party might not survive the Infernal Isles.

Heh! To the end of making sure the wedding party does survive the Infernal Isles, since they're currently lacking a decent leader-type, I was thinking of maybe creating such an NPC, rather than grabbing one of the ones at the Manor. Perhaps the NPC could be a passenger on the tiefling ship to the Infernal Isles and finds the antics of the PCs interesting enough to accompany them.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:12 pm

shilsen wrote:
... I was thinking of maybe creating such an NPC, rather than grabbing one of the ones at the Manor. Perhaps the NPC could be a passenger on the tiefling ship to the Infernal Isles and finds the antics of the PCs interesting enough to accompany them.
Make the character the Psionic Leader --Ardent?-- and then name them Chakra Khan!
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Mallus wrote:
shilsen wrote:
... I was thinking of maybe creating such an NPC, rather than grabbing one of the ones at the Manor. Perhaps the NPC could be a passenger on the tiefling ship to the Infernal Isles and finds the antics of the PCs interesting enough to accompany them.
Make the character the Psionic Leader --Ardent?-- and then name them Chakra Khan!

Oy.

For some reason, when thinking of NPC who would have a reason to join us, one truly bizarre concept leaped to mind: An Infernal Sommelier, an expert in the wines of the damned, fermented from grapes grown upon the thorny cliff-sides of Hell.

"...a tormented vintage, with overtones of longing, which leaves a lingering taste of regret upon the palate. May I recommend instead the Succorbenoth '53? It tastes strongly of pride, verging on -- but never quite reaching -- overweening arrogance. A very long finish, with hints of smug self-satisfaction and just a touch of misanthropic scorn. Additionally, it can burn a hole entirely through an unprepared esophagus; this is generally considered a desirable quality by connoisseurs."

I suppose that he'd be an artificer of some sort....
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:27 pm

shilsen wrote:
Heh! To the end of making sure the wedding party does survive the Infernal Isles, since they're currently lacking a decent leader-type, I was thinking of maybe creating such an NPC, rather than grabbing one of the ones at the Manor. Perhaps the NPC could be a passenger on the tiefling ship to the Infernal Isles and finds the antics of the PCs interesting enough to accompany them.

This sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm actually inclining towards taking Vox myself, for the change of pace and to give myself a rest from Pætros' dialog. He's also a little more socially adept that the Porcophant, which --while damning him with VERY faint praise -- may come in handy.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Rolzup wrote:
I'm actually inclining towards taking Vox myself, for the change of pace and to give myself a rest from Pætros' dialog. He's also a little more socially adept that the Porcophant, which --while damning him with VERY faint praise -- may come in handy.

You're just trying to weasel out of officiating at the wedding!
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:48 pm

gridley wrote:
Rolzup wrote:

You're just trying to weasel out of officiating at the wedding!

I will not, under any circumstances, actually admit to making an attempt at writing a wedding ceremony in Pætrosese. Because that would be just plain crazy.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Rolzup wrote:

"...a tormented vintage, with overtones of longing, which leaves a lingering taste of regret upon the palate. May I recommend instead the Succorbenoth '53? It tastes strongly of pride, verging on -- but never quite reaching -- overweening arrogance...
That's really quite lovely, you know.

It also fits in with the current adventure! The PC's quest for the perfect wedding gift leads them to the Infernal Sommelier, who knows the perfect vintage of hellish wine. Unfortunately, the only bottle he knows of is in private cellars of a demon lord. Therefore, the sommelier joins the party to...
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Rolzup wrote:
I will not, under any circumstances, actually admit to making an attempt at writing a wedding ceremony in Pætrosese. Because that would be just plain crazy.
Could it be any worse than Yatagan's version?

"We are gathered here today in ineffable damnation to join the semen of this man with the eggs of this woman in holy... wait, what, oh yes... unholy matrimony!"
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:10 pm

I'm a little miffed that Lizzy gets thrown in there with the others as a trouble maker. I mean sure, he's a bloodthirsty killer with a fanatical distaste for all authority, except his own, but he's got a heart of gold. Just look how he lovingly protect Bogsley. He's the son he never had.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Rolzup wrote:

That's a little mean to poor Vox, who's so far come across as much too smart to get involved in such a venture.

BTW, I'm currently throwing together a tiefling ardent who, from what I can see of the class, will be extremely effective at handling social stuff (Bluff +19, Diplomacy +17, Intimidate +22). So I can cover that area, along with Fagin and Yatagan.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:35 am

shilsen wrote:
Rolzup wrote:

That's a little mean to poor Vox, who's so far come across as much too smart to get involved in such a venture.

BTW, I'm currently throwing together a tiefling ardent who, from what I can see of the class, will be extremely effective at handling social stuff (Bluff +19, Diplomacy +17, Intimidate +22). So I can cover that area, along with Fagin and Yatagan.

In terms of skill, Pætros is fairly effective. But his personality interacts with diplomacy much the way that potassium interacts with water, particularly when surrounded by heathens. Vox knows when to keep his mouth shut, and can vanish into the shadows when he needs to.

And doubtless, he WILL need to.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Rolzup wrote:

Haha... love it!
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 am

After the touching meeting with Elymydira, Yatagan deposits the Golden Goddess at stately Swine Manor. He'll harangue Captain Artichoke in a friendly way for a half and hour over his plans for improved defenses, then light off for Five Fathoms Market in search of a wedding present. After that, he'll detour to the Gaze and window shop at some of the finer men's clothiers for tuxedo styles he can copy with his Impostor's Armor.

Lastly, he'll hit the docks and see about booking passage to damnation.

OOC: at Five Fathoms, he'll use his "knowledge" of the lurid potboilers he thinks are history to figure out what *type* of gift is appropriate --History: 28-- and then he'll use his inexplicable --Insight: 27 -- to select the best particular item.

Last edited by Mallus on Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 18, 10
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   The Godly Bunch - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Godly Bunch
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-