The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm

Go down 
+4
gridley
Mallus
Admin
Rolzup
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
overeddie

overeddie

Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Rolzup wrote:
You look like you could do some proper grovelling!"
Lizzy bites his tongue. I don't know who this three-faced bastard thinks he is, but I'll be dead before I grovel to anyone, he thinks.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:03 pm

... and then the brave Draconic knight smote the Prince of Hell in his unspeakable place this unspeakable place with such force it batted the fiend's soul back to Hell like an unrepentant shuttlecock. There was much rejoicing.

Yatagan smiles at Duke Marchosias. When he's done composing fiction in his head, or, as he sometimes calls it 'planning', the paladin begins silently marshaling the words to a destructive invocation.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:15 pm

shilsen wrote:
" Artichoke says cautiously. "If I may ask, how did you end up here and what are you doing? Are you trapped until the 'owner' of this place dies?"

"End of the world, reality in turmoil, primal chaos," each mouth speaks in turn, "Blah, blah blah," they conclude in unison. "Things happened, mistakes were made, let's leave it at that. It's been a rough couple of...whatever it's been."

Marchosias stands up, arches his back and groans a little. The cracking sound is visible even from where Artichoke is standing.

"Hidimba," the Duke continues, "Remembered me. We'd met a few times. Before. At parties and such. That made him an anchor, of sorts, and he was one of the things that let me remain extant. When he was considerate enough to open his mind to all and sundry, I certainly couldn't refuse his hospitality, could I? Gave me an opportunity to reconstruct myself somewhat. He really does have excellent recall."

Marchosias breaks off, chuckling from either side of his head. "This is marvellous! It's been so blessed long since I had a chance to actually talk to someone with a brain! Those fae are pleasant enough company, but you just can't trust that sort. Always planning, always scheming...shameful, really."

The two smiles sharpen. "I can trust you can't I? What was your name again?"
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Gave me an opportunity to reconstruct myself somewhat.

Somewhat. Artichoke seizes hopefully onto the word.

Quote :
The two smiles sharpen. "I can trust you can't I? What was your name again?"

Artichoke smiles back blandly and says, neatly sidestepping the question about his specific name, "We are the Just-Us League. Or...," he stops and turns to Yatagan. "Do you have any of those business cards you've been passing out?"
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:42 am

Yatagan bites down on the prayer he was preparing to speak. He hands Duke Marchosias a business card, which, to his mild surprise, reads, Yatagan Fracas, Exorcist of the Ordo Porco Dei - Who you gonna call? in fastidious, illuminated script.

"We seem to have a problem, your Absence-of-Grace" says Yatagan, using all his best-learned politesse. "You see, we were contracted to clear Mr. Hidimba's mind of foreign spirits. And we respect contracts very much. But we have no interest in raising arms against a foe who is mighty even in his greatly reduced state. Even if we do have an ace... up are sleeves, is it?

A knotty problem, eh? Perhaps you could suggest something?" The paladin smile blandly at the Duke of Hell.

OOC: Diplomacy: 25

Last edited by Mallus on Thu May 21, 2009 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:45 am

rolling...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:45 am

The member ''Mallus'' has done the following action : Dice Roller

''d20'' : 11
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:22 am

Despite his natural inclination to talk his way out of a fight, Odanais suspects this is one conversation that can only end in rolling initiative.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:32 am

LIzzy begins whistling "Chapel of Love". And hefting his axe.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:38 am

Mallus wrote:
Yatagan bites down on the prayer he was preparing to speak. He hands Duke Marchosias a business card, which, to his mild surprise, reads, Yatagan Fracas, Exorcist of the Ordo Porco Dei - Who you gonna call? in fastidious, illuminated script.

OOC: Well, that's simply lovely.

Marchosias frowns from either side of his head. "You're not prepared for this? The chance that there would be a foe too powerful for you to 'clear'? No clauses, no exceptions, no loopholes?

"Well, that's just poor planning, wouldn't you say? Who drew up this contract? Were you forced to sign it under duress? What bodily fluids, if any, did you sign with, and did you do so under your full and true name?"

The Duke shakes his head. "Really, there's a fine line between 'good faith" and naivete, you know."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:46 am

Rolzup wrote:
"Really, there's a fine line between 'good faith" and naivete, you know."
"Terribly thin, yes" says Yatagan. Then he spits out two short prayers --RAWR!, RAWR!

OOC: init - 20

Last edited by Mallus on Thu May 21, 2009 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:46 am

The member ''Mallus'' has done the following action : Dice Roller

''d20'' : 17
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:17 pm

If we're to resort to violence, it's likely best that we wait until tomorrow night. This won't be quick; we'll only have gotten the first round, at best, completed before tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Rolzup wrote:
If we're to resort to violence, it's likely best that we wait until tomorrow night. This won't be quick; we'll only have gotten the first round, at best, completed before tomorrow.

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Rolzup wrote:
If we're to resort to violence
Resort? I thought it was always the first tactic!
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Looks like John put the new thread up. Pop in and start posting, people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: