The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm

Go down 
+4
gridley
Mallus
Admin
Rolzup
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
gridley

gridley

Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:55 pm

shilsen wrote:
"If at all possible," Artichoke says quietly while Yatagan and the large creature are exchanging unpleasantries, "Take down the smaller ones first so that we can focus on the large one without trouble."

"You got it, chief," says Odanais, taking a moment to cloak himself in arcane defenses before rushing toward the enemy. As he gets closer, he passes an upturned hand over his face, which triggers a storm of beautiful, falling stars to strike at three of their enemies. "Go on, make a wish, you bastards!"

OOC:

Move to O-11

Chaotic Defense: (2) +2 power bonus to all defenses until end of encounter

Blazing Starfall: (vs Reflex) S3-24, B-30 , M2-29.
13 points radiant damage to S3 and M2.
20 points radiant to B for the crit & target loses resistances (save ends).

(also: all of my attacks are still ignoring 5 points of necrotic resistance, in case that happens to apply)

Last edited by gridley on Tue May 05, 2009 4:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:49 pm

OOC: 20! Attack post coming.

Last edited by Penelope on Tue May 05, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:53 pm

gridley wrote:
Blazing Starfall: (vs Reflex) S3-24, B-30 , M2-29.
"You make your own fireworks!" cries Yatagan in his unabashedly happy voice.

OOC: does Odanais's Radiant attack seem to do extra damage?
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Christabel jogs ahead of the others (to O14), breathing a little heavily by the time she gets there. After muttering a few words, she has Oothoon reappear next to the closest enemy (at O8 ). The large armadillo makes a weird rawring sound and takes a swipe at the creature.

OOC: 19 vs. Will. If Oothoon hits, that's 8 damage.

Just a reminder: allies can move through his square, but enemies can't. He can also take opportunity attacks, rolling +11 vs. Ref for 7 points of damage (and every time he does [it doesn't need to hit], an ally within 5 squares of the spirit companion regains 5hp).

HP 62/62, AC 19, Fort 18, Ref 17, Will 21

Last edited by Penelope on Tue May 05, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Artichoke, too busy watching Christabel and Odanais in action, is much too slow to respond.

Initiative - 12

Last edited by shilsen on Tue May 05, 2009 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:16 pm

I forgot that we have a pair of "L" characters -- since Lizzy moves after the enemy, assume that the L on the map is Lien. The update will have both of 'em.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Rolzup wrote:
I forgot that we have a pair of "L" characters -- since Lizzy moves after the enemy, assume that the L on the map is Lien. The update will have both of 'em.

Sounds good. By the way, you might as well NPC Lien, since counting on Mike showing up isn't usually a good idea.

Edit: Though I see Mike popped in recently. Mike, you posting?
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:23 pm

After giving Odanais the enormous finger, the giants sinks into the ground, the stone bubbling and cracking behind him. The floor begins to shake, and Odanais is knocked prone, but Christabel manages to retain her footing...as does Oothoon. The giant does not reappear, however.

OOC: The area where the giant entered the ground is now rough terrain.

The three smaller duplicates follow their master's lead, vanishing into the stony floor. And evenas they sink into the ground, a fourth steps out of the column next to Yatigan, offers him a bright smile, and yanks him into the stone, his arm sinking into the surface as though it were water.

OOC: Yatigan takes 20 points of damage and is restrained, save ends.

The creature that Oothoon attacked howls in pain, pulls a piece of stone from it's shoulder, and attempts -- but fails -- to brain the spirit armadillo with it. A second one moves to take cover near a collumn, and hurls a sharp-edged piece of stone from it's body at Odanais. It strikes him in the shoulder, sinking into the flesh without leaving a wound.

"And thus," Hidimba's voice sounds in his head, "I refute Beelzy. What's more...." It goes on, each word like a dagger being stabbed into Odanais' mind.

OOC: 6 points of damage, and ongoing 5 Psychic damage (save ends).

The last creature staggers forward, and throws a piece of its substance at Yatigan...missing, due to the range.

And Lien, sword blazing, moves to strike Yatigan's attacker, hitting it solidly and setting it aflame.

OOC:Halo of Fire -- any enemy adjacent to M4 until the end of Lien's next turn takes 9 damage. Shil, you want to take Lien over for the nonce? Initiative is 16.

Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Templeturn2
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:16 am

Interesting. Artichoke moves forward quickly, saying, "Would you move over, Sir Lien?" before unleashing an effective slash at the creature holding on to Yatagan. "Let my dragonborn go," he says, with a pleased smile.

OOC: Move to O15 and attack M4 with Wolf-Pack Tactics, shifting Lien to N15. Critical it for 17 damage.

AC 24, Fort 20, Ref 22, Will 19; HP 54/54

Last edited by shilsen on Thu May 07, 2009 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:12 am

"You call that violence?" asks Yatagan happily of his foe as the battle-euphoria takes hold. "In the name of Dragon, RAWR!"

Spilling his seed on his axe faster than the eye could see, if it wanted to (which it doesn't), he swings...

OOC: Mark M4, use Divine Strength, use Holy Strike: 21 vs. AC, damage 23 Radiant (2 to self) , didn't save.

Is it vulnerable to Radiant damage? Also, Lien's using his Enmity against M4, correct? So it burnt by one of us each round.

Last edited by Mallus on Thu May 07, 2009 11:23 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Ignoring the stabbing psychic pain, Odanais leaps nimbly up from his prone position and runs to the stairs surrounding the door. Reaching a point between his two remaining foes, he rotates his wrists, collecting liquid fire in his hands which he releases with a graceful pirouette, sending a spiral of flames to burn at the wretched beasts.

Minor: Stand up from prone (acrobat shoes)
Move: Q-6

Flaming Spiral (vs. reflex): S2-28 , S3-16. 19 pts fire damage. And any enemy that comes adjacent to me, takes 5 pts fire damage. (Also: my attacks ignore 5 pts of necrotic resist.)

Save vs. psychic damage: 3 (fail)

Chaos Burst: adds +1 to AC for one round (in addition to my ongoing +2 to all defenses from Chaotic Defense and 5 pts of necrotic resistance)

Current Hit Points: 47 (out of 60)

Last edited by gridley on Thu May 07, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Move to L16 to flank the weird critter at M16 while swearing an oath of enmity to him. He is now designated as an enemy of the people and I will pursue him till death. I bring the greateaxe of retribution down on him.

23 vs AC to hit with 18 damage.

HP 56

Last edited by overeddie on Thu May 07, 2009 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:18 pm

shilsen wrote:
Color me confused. What does "burnt by one of us each round" mean?
The target will be subject to damage from either Lien's Enmity or Yatagan's Divine Challenge, or both, if it chooses to attack a 3rd party.

Also, Yatagan is currently at 50 HP.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Mallus wrote:
The target will be subject to damage from either Lien's Enmity or Yatagan's Divine Challenge, or both, if it chooses to attack a 3rd party.

I don't think Lien's enmity does damage if the enemy attacks someone else.

Quote :
Also, Yatagan is currently at 50 HP.

-2 for using his axe, right?
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Oothoon moves forwards (P7) and attempts to take another swipe at the enemy (S2).

OOC: Oothoon uses Protecting Strike. 19 vs. Will. If that hits, 9 damage. Odanais gets 2 temporary hit points and +1 to For, Will, and Ref as long as he's adjacent to the armadillo.

HP 62/62, AC 19, Fort 18, Ref 17, Will 21

Last edited by Christabel on Thu May 07, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:20 pm

The creature that trapped Yatigan within the column falls to Lizzy's strike, crumbling into colorful tiles as it collapses.

The ground shakes, knocking Lien, Artichoke, and Christabel to the ground, and then erupts, spraying shards of stone across the area as the giant Hidimba emerges from the floor.

OOC: Lien, Artichoke, Chritabel are prone, and both they and Yatigan each take 12 points of damage. Lien and Artichoke are each pushed a square, and the area occupied by the big guy is now difficult terrain.

At the same time, the smaller creatures rise up from the floor as well, albeit with a less explosive effect.

One grabs Lien's shoulders, yanking him into the floor with devastating effect, while the second and third ones repeat the same process with Christabel and Artichoke. As this occurs, one of the different beasts advances and hurls a pieces of stone from its flesh at the prone Artichoke, only for it to rebound harmlessly from his helmet.

OOC: Lien takes 16 points of damage, Christabel takes 15 points, Artichoke takes 19 points, and all three are Restrained. Those who are prone cannot regain their feet until they are no longer Restrained.

Ignoring the fact that's it's now burning, the creature facing Odanais stabs him with a shard of stone, as more words echo briefly through his thoughts. "...the Chuul must be prepared fresh, and well seasoned, if one wishes it to be both edible and non-lethal. I recommend crushed salt, a blood peppercorns, and a dash of finely ground poppy seeds...."

At the same time, the thing crouched behind the column throws another piece of stone at the Sorcerer, missing by a country mile.

OOC: Odanais takes 8 points of damage + 5 points of psychic damage from S2
Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Templeturn3

Last edited by Rolzup on Thu May 07, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:50 pm

OOC: I'm going to have trouble with the really crappy rolls up there, but there are a couple of things I'm hoping to pull off. Scott, I'm thinking of having Artichoke delay till after you, so that Yatagan can use Divine Mettle to give him a free save. Is that okay? That significantly improves his chance to hit and he might be able to throw the rest a few big bonuses if they delay too.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:07 pm

"Fantastic," says Odanais, through gritted teeth, "I'm being murdered by a recipe!" Lashing out with his dagger, the sorcerer flings a bolt of pure chaos at the beast's head. "And seriously, poppy seeds with seafood? That's just bad cooking!"

Chaos Bolt (vs. will): S2-25 , 15 pts psychic damage. No ricochet.

Save vs. psychic damage: 20 (success)

Chaos Burst: Extra saving throw (unneeded)

(+1 to For, Will, and Ref from Oothoon; ongoing +2 to all defenses from Chaotic Defense; and 5 pts of necrotic resistance)

Current Hit Points: 36 (out of 60)

Last edited by gridley on Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Odanais' blast catches the creature hard, creating an explosion of stony shards from the thing's flesh. The sorcerer escapes unharmed, neatly dodging, but Oothoon suffers 17 points of damage, tearing the spirit armadillo to ectoplasmic shreads.

And yes, the enemy still stands.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:05 am

Rolzup wrote:
Odanais' blast catches the creature hard, creating an explosion of stony shards from the thing's flesh. The sorcerer escapes unharmed, neatly dodging, but Oothoon suffers 17 points of damage, tearing the spirit armadillo to ectoplasmic shreads.

And yes, the enemy still stands.

"Eek! Sorry about that Oothoon."

OOC: John, could I tell how big that burst was when I hit it?
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:42 am

shilsen wrote:
I don't think Lien's enmity does damage if the enemy attacks someone else.
Oops, you're right. I see your rules memorization is proceeding apace.

Quote :
-2 for using his axe, right?
Yeah, I already factored that in.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:55 am

Yatagan grins widely as his list of injures grow. He blesses Artichoke in the name of the Dragon, the Pig, and the god in his codpiece. Then, turning to face down (up?) the giant Hidimba, he flicks some justice on it, followed by an axe to the hamstring.

OOC: use Mettle on Artichoke, Mark B, use Enfeebling Strike: 16 vs. AC (2 damage to self), save: 13, screw it, spend Action Point, use Enfeebling Strike: 30 vs. WILL, damage 23 (2 to self), target takes -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn.

Was Yatagan still Restrained? If not, it's 18 vs. AC.

34 out of 70 HP, Bloodied.

Last edited by Mallus on Fri May 08, 2009 10:10 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:01 am

Mallus wrote:
Was Yatagan still Restrained? If not, it's 18 vs. AC.

He was if you didn't save against it earlier. BTW, prone and restrained both apply a -2 to AC and they're separate penalties, so they stack Sad
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:08 am

shilsen wrote:
He was if you didn't save against it earlier.
So Lizzie killing the creature doesn't end the effect, got it.

Quote :
BTW, prone and restrained both apply a -2 to AC and they're separate penalties, so they stack Sad
Luckily Yatagan wasn't knocked prone. Yet.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:16 am

And I just had a brainwave. Hope this works.

And it does. Time to make things bad for the big guy.

Last edited by shilsen on Fri May 08, 2009 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: