The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Godly Bunch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 2, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:43 am

Mallus wrote:

First he considers making a manger scene featuring his god-egg and Treasure, but in a momentary fit of common sense, he remembers the wedding is to take place during an annual festival at which gods are executed, and nixes the idea. His approach will be more... abstract. Without realizing it, Yatagan employs many of the techniques used by primitive Dragonborn artists of ages past, mixing bit of bone, wood, and mucus together to yield something suggesting a surgical procedure in Hell, or perhaps an overly literal metaphor; a screaming gold stature is either being embedded into or forcibly removed from a man's broken-open chest in miniature.

"Perfect!" exclaims Yatagan again. "Wait, it needs something!" Yatagan checks the jagged blade of his new Old Goetic battleaxe. Parts are still stained with the blood of others and his own semen. Carefully collecting both he then mixes them in a cheap mortar and pestle. "Nothing like Potent Pigments to add a splash of color."

OOC: to craft the diorama, Concept (ie, Insight check): 17, Execution (ie, DEX check): 9


A diorama, of sorts, is created.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:44 am

Mallus wrote:
"Perfect!" exclaims Yatagan again. "Wait, it needs something!" Yatagan checks the jagged blade of his new Old Goetic battleaxe. Parts are still stained with the blood of others and his own semen. Carefully collecting both he then mixes them in a cheap mortar and pestle. "Nothing like Potent Pigments to add a splash of color."

Viewing this creation, Vox feels a potent mixture of nausea and relief that his own gift doesn't seem quite so bad any more.

Mallus wrote:
After Vox interrupts his making of Art, Yatagan says "I'd be delighted to accompany you to talk with this Mr. Morrow. Will there be the opportunity for hitting as well?"

"There generally is," Vox admits wearily.

Is to be hitting with salvation, when is spreading word of Glorious Treasure of Heavens!

"Yes," he mutters, "Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

"Bring your axe, by all means," he adds, in a louder tone. "Better safe than sorry. To the Wounded Sparrow, then, with all due dispatch! Bring Lizzy, if you can find him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Rolzup wrote:
To the Wounded Sparrow, then, with all due dispatch!"

Located on the northern bank of River Livia, just a few blocks from the Gaze's docks, the Wounded Sparrow is poorly lit and all but empty. The Dwarven bartender is singing a dirge about women with hearts of stone while washing glasses with a dirty rag. At the center table, three Elven ladies are playing a game of cards that seems to occasionally involve pinching your opponents, each time filling the room with giddy squeals of laughter.

At the bar is seated an incredibly skinny man in tight-fitting clothes, his hair bobbed on the top and neatly shaved on the sides, his sleeves pushed up over his swollen elbows. He is contemplating a small vial of smoked glass on the bar in front of him, while slowly taking sips from a glass of some brown liquor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Only a vain man endures tight pants aphorizes Yatagan silently. That gives me an idea. He bellies up to the bar.

"A round of drinks for all!" he bellows merrily at the Dwarven barkeep. "'Tis a day for celebration. Pernod and two ales, wine for the fair maids playing "Slips and Nippers" and another of whatever this fine looking fellow is having." Yatagan looks to his right.

"Yatagan Fracas, playwright, adventurer, and part-time apostle at your service. If you don't mind me saying I like the cut of your form-fitting jib. It's the look of a hero, no better, of a leading man! My horoscope says the stars are aligned favorably today and the wind off the Infernal Isles augers a brief respite from torment. The Hells, you see, are where I'm going. I must needs to if I'm to finish my latest play. Or rather, it's where I would be going if not for the damnable storm with a face... still, as I said, the stars align and I'm a-drink ere the sun has attained it's noontime stance. Yes, today's the day I book my passage!"

Yatagan pauses to down his digestif.

"Say, have you ever done any acting?"

OOC Diplomacy: -- okay, I only wanted *one* role, but anyway, Diplomacy 43


Last edited by Mallus on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:58 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 19, 14, 4, 13, 7, 2, 12, 6, 13, 18, 14, 2, 1, 20, 20, 20, 7, 15, 13, 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Mallus wrote:
"A round of drinks for all!" he bellows merrily at the Dwarven barkeep. "'Tis a day for celebration. Pernod and two ales, wine for the fair maids playing "Slips and Nippers" and another of whatever this fine looking fellow is having." Yatagan looks to his right.

The bartender dutifully dishes out drinks without every missing a note.

The Elven ladies look up from their Slips and Nippers to steal a few glances at their Dragonborn benefactor and manage a few polite words of thanks in between their bursts of giggling.

Yatagan's prey stares for a moment longer at his vial, then turns to face him.

"Thank you, sir," he croaks in a surprisingly deep voice. He tosses back the rest of his previous drink, then falls into an eye-bulging spurt of coughing that lasts for over a minute. When at last his breathing comes under control, he picks up the glass Yatagan bought for him, takes a sip, and smiles.

Mallus wrote:
"Yatagan Fracas, playwright, adventurer, and part-time apostle at your service. If you don't mind me saying I like the cut of your form-fitting jib. It's the look of a hero, no better, of a leading man! My horoscope says the stars are aligned favorably today and the wind off the Infernal Isles augers a brief respite from torment. The Hells, you see, are where I'm going. I must needs to if I'm to finish my latest play. Or rather, it's where I would be going if not for the damnable storm with a face... still, as I said, the stars align and I'm a-drink ere the sun has attained it's noontime stance. Yes, today's the day I book my passage!"

He looks down at his own attire, a bit surprised, then back at Yatagan. "I despise bringing ill wind to such florid sails, but if your astrologer has advised any sort of journey to the Hells this month, you'd best strangle the swindler and take back your coin for those waters lie under only the most of ill of stars today."

Mallus wrote:
"Say, have you ever done any acting?"

"Only upon the stage of drunken seduction," he says with a sigh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 pm

gridley wrote:

He looks down at his own attire, a bit surprised, then back at Yatagan. "I despise bringing ill wind to such florid sails, but if your astrologer has advised any sort of journey to the Hells this month, you'd best strangle the swindler and take back your coin for those waters lie under only the most of ill of stars today."

Vox grinds his teeth. "We have," he says reluctantly, "A god on our side. At least one, maybe as many as three. Surely that counterbalances ill stars."

Is sound metaphysics, that. Gods is measured in theotons, and is tending to be much weightier than stars is being. Pray to gods, WISH upon stars, yes? Maybe you is to be learning something after all, Not-Quite-Dead-Man!

This, Vox reflects, is probably the worst news he's heard all day.

gridley wrote:
"Only upon the stage of drunken seduction," he says with a sigh.

"Oh, you two have much to discuss."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:24 pm

gridley wrote:
"I despise bringing ill wind to such florid sails, but if your astrologer has advised any sort of journey to the Hells this month, you'd best strangle the swindler and take back your coin for those waters lie under only the most of ill of stars today."
"Ill stars for a sailor, perhaps, but I am an artist! We welcome troubled waters. By crossing them we arrive at genius and immortality! But naturally I defer to your knowledge of nautical matters. Can you tell me of this storm that's stopped all travel to the Infernal Isles? I thought the Hells hot gates were always open to mortals? More importantly, can you tell me of any captain brave enough to dare such a voyage? Not only am I in need of transport, such a person would make the perfect lead for my play."

gridley wrote:

"Only upon the stage of drunken seduction," he says with a sigh.
"You should consider branching out. With those pants and that voice you're a natural."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"We have," he says reluctantly, "A god on our side. At least one, maybe as many as three.
"Possibly four!" blurts out Yatagan with the mix of piety and lottery-winner enthusiasm. "One of whom might be able to do something about that nasty cough you have. We're also tight with a local Pope."

Rolzup wrote:
"Oh, you two have much to discuss."
"Indeed. As a romantic poet of the High Dragonborn style I prefer my romance chaste. Or chased. It's a Dragonborn thing. I admit to be somewhat bewildered by the art of seduction among non-egg layers."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Rolzup wrote:

Vox grinds his teeth. "We have," he says reluctantly, "A god on our side. At least one, maybe as many as three. Surely that counterbalances ill stars."

"Gods!" he says, rolling his eyes derisively. "Don't talk to me about gods. Why pay them to laugh at our misfortunes, when we can laugh at ourselves for free?"

As though to make his point, he lets out a damp and sputtering little laugh that quickly leads to another coughing fit.

Mallus wrote:

"Ill stars for a sailor, perhaps, but I am an artist! We welcome troubled waters. By crossing them we arrive at genius and immortality! But naturally I defer to your knowledge of nautical matters. Can you tell me of this storm that's stopped all travel to the Infernal Isles? I thought the Hells hot gates were always open to mortals? More importantly, can you tell me of any captain brave enough to dare such a voyage? Not only am I in need of transport, such a person would make the perfect lead for my play."

"Well, if your artist bent has you intent on dying somewhere wet between here and the Hells, then The Unforbidden is scheduled to leave tomorrow morning an hour after sunrise from the Alabaster Docks in the Gaze. From what I hear there's still a few overpriced rooms left. Although I doubt the captain is quite what you have in mind for your play."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:56 pm

gridley wrote:

As though to make his point, he lets out a damp and sputtering little laugh that quickly leads to another coughing fit.
Yatagan hands the man one of his special business cards. It reads, for now, "Our Lady of Treasure Wellness Center. One Swine Manor Court -- formerly the Hidimba Estate. "Kicking Ass and Healing the Sick Since Sin Brought Death Into the World". Even Yatagan stares at that for moment.

"I contain multitudes" he mutters with the head-cocking gesture that passes for a shrug among the Dragonborn.

gridley wrote:
"Well, if your artist bent has you intent on dying somewhere wet between here and the Hells, then The Unforbidden is scheduled to leave tomorrow morning an hour after sunrise from the Alabaster Docks in the Gaze.
"Thank you. For the record, I intend to die many years from now as the True Dragon God bursts forth from the intense nurturing crucible of my heart".

Quote :
Although I doubt the captain is quite what you have in mind for your play."
"Shan't be a problem. I've been known to take some license in my art. My eyes are fixed like glassy lodestars upon the higher truths. Mr. Cadaveris, to the Alabaster Docks!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm

Gepettojack Fagin, having received the same tip as Vox during his purveying of rumors in the streets of the Port, is sitting in the corner of the bar, in disguise as a filthy old man. That is, as a different filthy old man. An old sailor, smelling of fish and young boys. That is, different young boys. His newest batch of urchins quietly scamper about the tavern, as part of their training to become Pickpockets of Men!

Disguise Check (if it matters): 38


Last edited by Atlatl Jones on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm

(roll)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm

The member 'Atlatl Jones' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
Gepettojack Fagin, having received the same tip as Vox during his purveying of rumors in the streets of the Port, is sitting in the corner of the bar, in disguise as a filthy old man. That is, as a different filthy old man. An old sailor, smelling of fish and young boys. That is, different young boys. His newest batch of urchins quietly scamper about the tavern, as part of their training to become Pickpockets of Men!

Disguise Check (if it matters): 38

The disguise seems to be working as no one pays much attention to him, except when one of the Elven girls pointed at him and held her delicate, little upturned nose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:17 am

Mallus wrote:

"Shan't be a problem. I've been known to take some license in my art. My eyes are fixed like glassy lodestars upon the higher truths. Mr. Cadaveris, to the Alabaster Docks!"

"Tally ho, I suppose," Vox agrees, straightening his hat. Dexter scurries up to his shoulder, and grips tightly.

"Have you bribe money on your person, Yatigan?" he asks, lowering his voice. "Could come in handy, and I'm a bit cash-poor at the moment."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 am

Rolzup wrote:

"Have you bribe money on your person, Yatigan?" he asks, lowering his voice. "Could come in handy, and I'm a bit cash-poor at the moment."
"Have no fear, Mr. Cadaveris... well, I suppose you don't normally have much fear, do you? Since what men fear most is like a father to you. Or are you kin to oblivion on your mother's side? Regardless, I'm quite flush. What the Eladrin lacked in faith they more than make up for in coinage."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Mallus wrote:
"Thank you. For the record, I intend to die many years from now as the True Dragon God bursts forth from the intense nurturing crucible of my heart".

"Indeed..." says Zebulon Morrow, looking momentarily as though he might vomit. "That's quite a thing... yes..."

His hand rapidly clutches his chest, then slides down absent-mindedly to hold his crotch for a second. Then without any warning, he reaches suddenly down, grabs the vial in front of him, unscrews the cap, and pours a bit of it down his throat, then shudders.

Mallus wrote:

"Mr. Cadaveris, to the Alabaster Docks!"

Rolzup wrote:
"Tally ho, I suppose," Vox agrees, straightening his hat. Dexter scurries up to his shoulder, and grips tightly.

The Alabaster Docks are the oldest in the Port. No one know what race originally carved them or what sort of ships once took refuge there, but they are thought to be quite ancient and lovely to look at, stretching out into the dark bay like frozen rays of moonlight.

For a coin or two, a toothless man points out the ship you're looking for down at the far end of the docks.

The Unforbidden is a three-masted schooner, nearly two hundred feet long, with a keel of dark tropical hardwood. Carved upon her prow is a spiral-horned imp of grotesque proportions reaching its grasping, manacled arms out to the sky.

Her sails are furled and two long planks lead up to her from the docks. A dozen men are hauling endless boxes, casks, planks of wood, and barrels of foul-smelling tar into its interior. Supervising them is a woman, dressed in tight leather armor, a saffon-colored sash, oversized leather boots and gloves, and a tight leather hood over her head. As she turns her head to appraise some ruckus on the docks, you see that her face is wrapped in strips of saffron-colored fabric, exposing only her eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 pm

gridley wrote:
Then without any warning, he reaches suddenly down, grabs the vial in front of him, unscrews the cap, and pours a bit of it down his throat, then shudders.
"You really should see someone about that."

gridley wrote:
Supervising them is a woman, dressed in tight leather armor, a saffon-colored sash, oversized leather boots and gloves, and a tight leather hood over her head. As she turns her head to appraise some ruckus on the docks, you see that her face is wrapped in strips of saffron-colored fabric, exposing only her eyes.
"Looks like she runs a tight ship. Or a particular kind of... what do the human sailors call it, cathouse? What do cats have to do with it? To my knowledge they play no role whatsoever. My race's term, 'Hatchery of False Promise' is much better, no?" says Yatagan to Vox in a rambling whisper as they approach.

In front of the ship Yatagan summons up all the Draconic affability he can muster. His eyes twinkle like he might share some of his hoard. "Permission to come aboard ma'am. We'd like to discuss passage."

OOC: Diplomacy: 36






Last edited by Mallus on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Mallus wrote:
"You really should see someone about that."

Zebulon pounds a delicate fist against his chest and belches. "My mountebank assures me that I shall be back to tip top health in no time."

Mallus wrote:
In front of the ship Yatagan summons up all the Draconic affability he can muster. His eyes twinkle like he might share some of his hoard. "Permission to come aboard ma'am. We'd like to discuss passage."

OOC: Diplomacy: 36

She looks you over, paying lingering attention to what weapons you're carrying, then waves you toward one of the gangplanks. As you make your way up, she saunters over to greet you.

"Welcome aboard The Unforgiven," she says. "I'm her Captain, Videka Screwtape."

Standing close to her now, you can see that the skin around her eyes is as white as snow, whiter even than the seawashed alabaster docks you just walked. The irises of her eyes are white as well, except for the pupils and a narrow band of black around their edges.

"You seek passage to the Port of Brass?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 am

gridley wrote:
"You seek passage to the Port of Brass?"

Vox bows. "So it seems," he says. "And few, we've found, are daring enough to brave the journey. Would we, and our companions, be able to charter passage with you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 am

"We can pay. And we can help defend your ship, should it be necessary" says Yatagan in a shocking display of brevity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:53 am

Rolzup wrote:
Vox bows. "So it seems," he says. "And few, we've found, are daring enough to brave the journey. Would we, and our companions, be able to charter passage with you?"

Captain Screwtape studies Vox with a keen eye, then pulls a small bound book from under her sash and flips it open. "Our finest stateroom has already been booked. There are two slightly less luxurious rooms available for 100,000 gold apiece. And three smaller rooms for 50,000 apiece. Servants can travel in the cargo hold for 10,000 apiece. We leave just after sunrise tomorrow."

A mustachioed Tiefling man in sailing gear approaches behind her and loudly clears his throat.

"Ah, yes, Cuulus, thank you," she says, nodding to him. "The anonymous gentleman who chartered this journey will have to give his approval of you joining us tomorrow morning. He's very particular about whom he travels with."

Mallus wrote:
"We can pay. And we can help defend your ship, should it be necessary" says Yatagan in a shocking display of brevity.

"We are armed with four powerful Dragonborn cannons and faster than almost anything on the Aster, so I hope we will have no need of your strength," she says, "but I gratefully appreciate the offer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Godly Bunch   

Back to top Go down
 
The Godly Bunch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: