The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mister Odanais Dare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:22 am

shilsen wrote:
Looks good. Just one question (re. the goggles) - when does Odanais ever use a ranged basic attack?

Rats! I was thinking they would work with any of my ranged attacks. In that case, nix the goggles. I'll probably replace them with some other trinket or ritual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:28 am

gridley wrote:
Rats! I was thinking they would work with any of my ranged attacks. In that case, nix the goggles. I'll probably replace them with some other trinket or ritual.

Okay. By the way, are you sure you don't want to make it to the game today? You'll miss a movie (or two) at the festival, but you'll be there for the climactic wrap-up of the PCs vs. Clagoff saga. It'll be awesome!

Come on - you know you wanna!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:19 am

I really, really wish I could. But tonight's movie is actually the one I've been most looking forward to.

I think I'll replace the goggles with a pig-shaped Symbol of Life +1 (Daily ✦ Healing; Minor Action. Until the end of your turn, any character healed by one of your encounter powers or daily powers regains an additional 1d6 hit points.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:57 pm

So Odanais as a sorcerer is going to be notably different. Radically different ability scores (very charismatic and swashbuckling, as opposed to brainy and effete), totally different powers, somewhat different skills (far less educated, more streetwise), and very different feats (probably bard multiclass instead of cleric).

Now, I know we could just gloss over the changes or say he went off for three months and came different. And we could even probably doctor the rules to make Int and Wis the important stats for a sorcerer.

But I have an idea that I think would be more fun. If the DMs are cool with it, I'd like to make the new Odanais a visitor from an alternate timeline, one where Odanais abandoned wizardry after his sister's untimely death(!).

In that other world, he became a charming, sorcererous con artist. He recently gotten into a bit of a tough scrape with the authorities in his version of Port and sought out some unique way to escape being put in prison. Unbeknownst to him (perhaps), that way consisted of switching the two Odanais Dares to each other's timelines, safely rescuing sorcerer Odanais, while stranding wizard Odanais in a world where he's a fugitive. And of course things will be very interesting once he finds out that in this world his sister is still alive.

The way I picture it, Odanais would just change in mid-sentence, suddenly replaced by his leather-clad, goatee'd alternate self. And, of course, as always seems to happen in these sort of affairs, he's had some run-ins and adventures with the alternate versions of most of the PCs and may be a little shady about revealing the exact natures of those relationships.

Part of the fun (for me at least) would be discovering what ways the two are similar and what ways they're not. And I'm suspect you DMs would have fun with it too.

How's that sound?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm

gridley wrote:
The way I picture it, Odanais would just change in mid-sentence, suddenly replaced by his leather-clad, goatee'd alternate self. And, of course, as always seems to happen in these sort of affairs, he's had some run-ins and adventures with the alternate versions of most of the PCs and may be a little shady about revealing the exact natures of those relationships.

Part of the fun (for me at least) would be discovering what ways the two are similar and what ways they're not. And I'm suspect you DMs would have fun with it too.

How's that sound?

Fine by me, but since poor John is the one who'll be putting up with your (and everyone else's) hijinks, I say it's his call.

So are you thinking of having everyone notice the change and him have to spin a particular story about why he's here? Or him be hiding the change from the other PCs and pretending to be the "real" Odanais?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 pm

shilsen wrote:
gridley wrote:
The way I picture it, Odanais would just change in mid-sentence, suddenly replaced by his leather-clad, goatee'd alternate self. And, of course, as always seems to happen in these sort of affairs, he's had some run-ins and adventures with the alternate versions of most of the PCs and may be a little shady about revealing the exact natures of those relationships.

Part of the fun (for me at least) would be discovering what ways the two are similar and what ways they're not. And I'm suspect you DMs would have fun with it too.

How's that sound?

Fine by me, but since poor John is the one who'll be putting up with your (and everyone else's) hijinks, I say it's his call.

So are you thinking of having everyone notice the change and him have to spin a particular story about why he's here? Or him be hiding the change from the other PCs and pretending to be the "real" Odanais?

I'm thinking the difference will be dramatic enough that he can't pretend nothing happened, but he's lived a life where you can keep things hidden for as long as you can. He definitely wouldn't want them trying to reverse the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am

Apologies -- I somehow missed seeing all of this.

But it sounds highly entertaining to me, so I would say go for it -- Odanais already seems like a somewhat Moorcockian character, so his being an incarnation of the Eternal Pervert certainly fits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:57 am

Rolzup wrote:
Odanais already seems like a somewhat Moorcockian character, so his being an incarnation of the Eternal Pervert certainly fits.
That --almost-- makes me want to put the incarnation of the Asshole Eternal, Captain Plundarr, in an adventure.

Almost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Apologies -- I somehow missed seeing all of this.

But it sounds highly entertaining to me, so I would say go for it -- Odanais already seems like a somewhat Moorcockian character, so his being an incarnation of the Eternal Pervert certainly fits.

Sweet. Eternal Pervert... I like it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mister Odanais Dare   

Back to top Go down
 
Mister Odanais Dare
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Novak Djokovic: I Dare To Dream
» Temora Gift (NSWAL) Marks - 12/02/2011
» Anyone interested in Throttlemeister - Group Buy?
» Rye Gift (VAL) HANDICAPS - Sat 14th Jan 2012
» Happy Birthday Mr.Ed

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Characters-
Jump to: