The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gridley

gridley

Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Empty
PostSubject: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Od4

Odanais Dare, Human Sorcerer 10

Init: +9, Senses: normal
AC: 23, Fort: 20, Ref: 23, Will: 26
HP: 75, Bloodied: 37
Healing Surge Value: 18, Surges/day: 7
Speed: 7

Strength: 8 (-1)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Dexterity: 19 (+4)
Intelligence: 9 (-1)
Wisdom: 10 (0)
Charisma: 20 (+5)

Racial Features
Bonus At Will, Feat, and skill
Human Defense Bonus -- +1 to Fort/Reflex/Will

Class Features
Chaos Burst -- First attack roll; even = +1 AC, odd = make saving throw
Chaos Power -- Dex bonus to damage on arcane attacks
Unfettered power -- On natural 20, slide target 1, prone; on natural 1, push anyone within 5 squares 1 square
Wild Soul -- After extended rest, roll 1d10; 1: Acid, 2: Cold, 3: Fire, 4: Force, 5: Lightning, 6: Necrotic, 7: Poison, 8: Psychic, 9: Radiant, 10: Thunder; resist 5, ignore resist 5
Implement -- Dagger

Feats
Arcane Familiar (Heroic) -- Weasel
Armor Proficiency (Leather)(Heroic)
Bardic Dilettante (Heroic) -- Training: Acrobatics, use Majestic Word as Daily
Implement Expertise (Heroic, free) -- +1 w/implement attacks
Sorcerous Blade Channeling (Heroic) -- Can use ranged attacks as melee
Toughness(Heroic) -- +5 HP per Tier
Dual Implement Spellcaster(Heroic) -- Add enhancement from offhand implement to damage
Shared Speed(Heroic) -- You and your familiar gain +1 speed.

Trained Skills
Acrobatics: +17
Arcana: +9
Bluff: +19
Diplomacy: +17
Insight: +10
Streetwise: +15

Attack: +13
Damage: +13

At-Will powers
Blazing Starfall -- vs. Reflex, Burst 1 (in 10), 1d4 +13 radiant
Chaos Bolt -- vs. Will, Ranged 10, 1d10 +13 psychic; on even roll, second target, Ranged 5 (from previous target), 1d6 +6; on even, repeat
Acid Orb -- vs. Reflex, Ranged 20, 1d10 +13 acid, basic attack

Encounter Powers
Mists of Disarray -- vs. Will, Burst 1 (in 10), 1d8 +13 psychic, push 1; on even roll slide 4 (instead of push)
Flame Spiral -- vs. Reflex, Burst 1 (in 10), 1-3 creatures, 1d10 +13 fire
Spark Form -- vs. Reflex, shift 9 through occupied spaces, 1d6 +13 lightning each target

Daily Powers
Dazzling Ray -- vs. Will, Ranged 10, 6d6 +13 psychic; miss: half damage; on even roll, target takes -4 to hit (save ends)
Thunder Leap -- vs. Fort, Close Burst 1, 2d6 +13 thunder; leap 10; second attack as first, plus push 1
Majestic Word (bard multiclass) -- spend a Healing Surge, plus 1d6 +5, and slide ally 1 square, Close Burst 5
Howling Hurricane -- vs. Fort, Close Burst 1, 3d8 +13 thunder & slide 4; slide all in zone 2 squares, sustain (minor); move 6 as move action

Utility Powers
Focused Chaos – (No action, Encounter) Treat one attack roll as odd or even
Chaotic Defense -- (Minor) Roll 1d4; 1: 2d6 +4 temporary hit points; 2: +2 power bonus to all defenses until end of encounter; 3: Until end of encounter, attackers take 2d6 +6 damage; 4: All of the above
Cry for Mercy – (Minor Action, Encounter) Until end of next turn (or no longer bloodied), bloodied ally within 5 sq takes no AoO and gains +4 to all defenses

Items and Equipment
Tooth of Chaos +2 -- (9th) On crit, 2d8; (Daily) Until end of encounter, choose whether attack rolls are odd or even versus that target
Amulet of Protection +3 -- (11th)

Skald's Leather Armor +2 -- (8th) +2 to Bluff, Diplomacy; (Daily) immediate interrupt when targeted, pass attack to adjacent creature (3,400 gp)
Dagger +2 -- (6th) +2d6 on crit (1,800 g)
Hedge Wizard’s Gloves -- (4th) Allows casting of Prestidigitation and Mage Hand (840 g)
Acrobat's Boots -- (2nd) +1 Acrobatics, stand up from prone as a minor action (520 g)
Bracers of Escape -- (7th) (Daily) immediate interrupt when targeted by melee attack, teleport two squares (2,600 gp)

40 gold

Familiar
Weasel -- (Zappa) Size: Tiny. Low-light vision. Speed 6. Stealth +5. AC +5 vs OA. Grants +2 to Bluff and Acrobatics checks.

Last edited by gridley on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:56 am; edited 32 times in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Odanais is like mechanically. have you decided whether to go Chaos or Dragon?
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks. Stats should come soon. Just sweating a few more details.

I'm going with Chaos, although Dragon and Cosmic (from Arcane Power) were certainly tempting.

My biggest debate is Staff vs. Dagger.

There's a feat that lets sorcerers use daggers to turn ranged attacks into melee ones, which is damn convenient if my glass cannon is unable to get out of melee.

But I really like that you can magic staffs as quarterstaffs (according to Adv. Vault anyway) and there's a Staff Fighting feat in Dragon 368 that let's you use a quarterstaff as a double weapon (which only matters to me because it gives you +1 to AC). I really like the image of him jumping around, spinning his staff to keep people at bay while shooting fire and thunder at them.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:11 pm

gridley wrote:
Thanks. Stats should come soon. Just sweating a few more details.

I'm going with Chaos, although Dragon and Cosmic (from Arcane Power) were certainly tempting.

On the whole, I do prefer the Wild Magic route myself. It does mean more bookkeeping for you, however.

Quote :
My biggest debate is Staff vs. Dagger.

There's a feat that lets sorcerers use daggers to turn ranged attacks into melee ones, which is damn convenient if my glass cannon is unable to get out of melee.

But I really like that you can magic staffs as quarterstaffs (according to Adv. Vault anyway) and there's a Staff Fighting feat in Dragon 368 that let's you use a quarterstaff as a double weapon (which only matters to me because it gives you +1 to AC). I really like the image of him jumping around, spinning his staff to keep people at bay while shooting fire and thunder at them.

Of the two, I'd rather go with the ranged-to-melee approach. It means you're not seriously screwed when someone gets up close and personal with you (at which point +1 to AC won't help much), and don't forget another big advantage - it means you can flank and get a +2 to many of your ranged attacks.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:01 pm

shilsen wrote:
Of the two, I'd rather go with the ranged-to-melee approach. It means you're not seriously screwed when someone gets up close and personal with you (at which point +1 to AC won't help much), and don't forget another big advantage - it means you can flank and get a +2 to many of your ranged attacks.

Well, I could flank either way, right? And it would be nice to have that +1 AC if I did. If I go staff, I'll have few closes bursts, including one at-will, to use in such occasions.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:29 pm

gridley wrote:
Well, I could flank either way, right? And it would be nice to have that +1 AC if I did. If I go staff, I'll have few closes bursts, including one at-will, to use in such occasions.

Aren't many of the close bursts and blasts something like close burst/blast 3 and targeting every creature in the area? That'll be hard to use via flanking if you don't have the dagger feat, since you'll run the risk of hitting allies.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:22 pm

First post updated with stats. More equipment will be added soon.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Looks good. Lots of damage-dealing ability, and he has pretty solid defenses and hit pts too.

Though I'm a little suspicious about a guy with 9 Int and 10 Wis pulling off the stuff he is :p
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:45 pm

shilsen wrote:
Looks good. Lots of damage-dealing ability, and he has pretty solid defenses and hit pts too.

Though I'm a little suspicious about a guy with 9 Int and 10 Wis pulling off the stuff he is :p

Yeah, it's a little questionable. I'm rationalizing it as such: He's developed insight into the human mind (thus the skill training), even though he doesn't have a natural knack for it (mediocre wisdom). And while he can talk a good game, using clever tricks to hide what he doesn't know (high charisma), he's actually done very little book learning and tends to act rashly, without always thinking things through as much as he should.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:51 pm

gridley wrote:
Yeah, it's a little questionable. I'm rationalizing it as such: He's developed insight into the human mind (thus the skill training), even though he doesn't have a natural knack for it (mediocre wisdom). And while he can talk a good game, using clever tricks to hide what he doesn't know (high charisma), he's actually done very little book learning and tends to act rashly, without always thinking things through as much as he should.

Nice rationalization. Plus it gives you an excuse to have him lose his cool every once in a while (whether in combat or not) and do something weird/silly/fun.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:12 am

Revision:

Boring old Action Surge is OUT.

Zappa the adorable weasel familiar is IN!
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:58 am

gridley wrote:
Revision:

Boring old Action Surge is OUT.

I strongly approve of this message.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Rolzup wrote:
I strongly approve of this message.

Hehe...
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:08 pm

gridley wrote:
Weasel Zappa... I'm in awe. Shocked
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Updated to level 8.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Updated to level 9.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:58 am

Updated to level 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire   Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odanais Dare, Sorcerer for Hire
Page 1 of 1