The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let No Man Put Asunder

Go down 
+2
shilsen
gridley
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mallus

Mallus

Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
"Yes yes, I wouldn't want to insult my new bride by letting that incompetent scoundrel get away with disrupting our wedding."
"We must think of the lady's hon... her vir... no, that's not quite right... her reputa...... her position in Infernal society! She cannot be perceived as weak or lacking in vengeance, especially in the wake of our rousing lesson."

Later, Yatagan watches Misquamacas deliver his gift from a distance. For a change the paladin says nothing. Once the dwarf is gone, he'll see if he can find some anise-flavored liquor and noshes not made from sentient beings.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
"Yes yes, I wouldn't want to insult my new bride by letting that incompetent scoundrel get away with disrupting our wedding."

Mallus wrote:
"We must think of the lady's hon... her vir... no, that's not quite right... her reputa...... her position in Infernal society! She cannot be perceived as weak or lacking in vengeance, especially in the wake of our rousing lesson."

Chakram had somewhat disappointedly sheathed her falchion and hopefully taken up a position behind Anefsina during the service, but unfortunately the other woman never makes a wrong move to justify a swift beheading. Feeling faintly grumpy, the tiefling warrior rolls her eyes and says, "Men! From all I've seen, Z'roa's well able to protect her honor - or position. And before you go defending someone, maybe you should respect them enough to ask if they want you to."

Turning to the new bride, she says, "So, Z'roa, what do you think? Any preferences for what we do - or don't - about the Viscount? And, just for the record, I don't have any trouble with the idea of cutting his head off. Unlike these bozos," she chuckles, nodding to indicate Yatagan and Fagin, "I just won't pretend I'm doing it on your behalf."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

shilsen wrote:
And before you go defending someone, maybe you should respect them enough to ask if they want you to."
Yatagan blinks at Chakram with only his nictitating membranes. "Why that never occurred to me! But now it's as painfully obvious as a plank in mine own eye! Yes, Lady Pesach-Fagin, what would have us do, if anything? Though I still counsel an act of restorative violence."

Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:

Mallus wrote:

shilsen wrote:
Chakram had somewhat disappointedly sheathed her falchion and hopefully taken up a position behind Anefsina during the service, but unfortunately the other woman never makes a wrong move to justify a swift beheading. Feeling faintly grumpy, the tiefling warrior rolls her eyes and says, "Men! From all I've seen, Z'roa's well able to protect her honor - or position. And before you go defending someone, maybe you should respect them enough to ask if they want you to."

Turning to the new bride, she says, "So, Z'roa, what do you think? Any preferences for what we do - or don't - about the Viscount? And, just for the record, I don't have any trouble with the idea of cutting his head off. Unlike these bozos," she chuckles, nodding to indicate Yatagan and Fagin, "I just won't pretend I'm doing it on your behalf."

Mallus wrote:

Yatagan blinks at Chakram with only his nictitating membranes. "Why that never occurred to me! But now it's as painfully obvious as a plank in mine own eye! Yes, Lady Pesach-Fagin, what would have us do, if anything? Though I still counsel an act of restorative violence."

Z'roa listens to the discussion with some amusement.

"I don't actually bear any grudge against Zerris," she says lightly, pausing to sip from a glass of sparkling blood. "To be perfectly honest, he's sort of the victim in this. I allowed him to court me only so that I could... well... spend some time with his father's jewelry collection. Then I let him believe we were engaged in order to bide time. And when his oppressive devotion to me spiraled out of control, my brothers arranged all this so that I could escape his plans for me."

She deftly trades her empty glass for a full one from the tray of a passing waiter.

"I suppose I should be annoyed at him for these violent outbursts, but it's not as though they were terribly effective. I certainly never feared for my own life. And he did leave my brothers unharmed when they were completely at his mercy. So, no, you definitely shouldn't feel that you have to kill him for my sake."

She touches a rather inexpensive-looking cat-shaped charm around her wrist that clashes with her more expensive jewelry. "Besides, my little friend has let me know that she just watched him board his yacht and sail away again."
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:14 pm

When Chakram admonishes Gepetto Jack to ask Z'roa what she wants, he suddenly looks nervous, like an awkward 13 year old, on his first date, having to make conversation with his date under the stern eyes of her father."

"Er. That is. Um."

When Z'roa says that she has no desire for revenge, and that catching Zerris now would be impossible anyway, relief washes over Fagin's face.

"Oh thank G-LD!"

"Well, now that that's settled, I believe my lovely bride and I have a honeymoon to plan." He turns to Z'roa. "I hear the Port is lovely this time of year. And there are some... secret sources of tremendous weath that I can show you."

Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:44 pm

gridley wrote:
Z'roa listens to the discussion with some amusement.

"I don't actually bear any grudge against Zerris," she says lightly, pausing to sip from a glass of sparkling blood. "To be perfectly honest, he's sort of the victim in this. I allowed him to court me only so that I could... well... spend some time with his father's jewelry collection. Then I let him believe we were engaged in order to bide time. And when his oppressive devotion to me spiraled out of control, my brothers arranged all this so that I could escape his plans for me."

She deftly trades her empty glass for a full one from the tray of a passing waiter.

"I suppose I should be annoyed at him for these violent outbursts, but it's not as though they were terribly effective. I certainly never feared for my own life. And he did leave my brothers unharmed when they were completely at his mercy. So, no, you definitely shouldn't feel that you have to kill him for my sake."

She touches a rather inexpensive-looking cat-shaped charm around her wrist that clashes with her more expensive jewelry. "Besides, my little friend has let me know that she just watched him board his yacht and sail away again."

Chakram grins broadly at Z'roa's words and inclines her head to the bride. "I like the way you think," she says approvingly before adding, while glancing sideways at Fagin and Yatagan, "I got the impression you had things well under control on your end. Well done!" As she speaks, she wonders if the others, particularly Fagin, have noticed what Z'roa let slip about her motivation in entering this marriage of convenience.

The tiefling warrior then straightens and looks at Fagin. "So you're planning to be heading back to that Port of yours - or wherever else you two decide to go? Before or after helping Yatagan with his ... search?"

OOC: Steve, as I'd mentioned at the game, in her free time Chakram would have been checking on available news about Count Orquiel's situation. Does she learn anything of interest? Take 10 for 27 on Streetwise, if needed.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:49 pm

shilsen wrote:
OOC: Steve, as I'd mentioned at the game, in her free time Chakram would have been checking on available news about Count Orquiel's situation. Does she learn anything of interest? Take 10 for 27 on Streetwise, if needed.

Chakram hears a lot of gossip about how Count Orquiel is going to be executed, but there's very little agreement as to why. Some say he committed treachery, others that he merely let Emperor Orcus down. A few even speak of a major shakeup in the upper echelons of power. One former courtier rants that no one in the aristocracy is safe, that Orcus sees enemies everywhere.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
When Chakram admonishes Gepetto Jack to ask Z'roa what she wants, he suddenly looks nervous, like an awkward 13 year old, on his first date, having to make conversation with his date under the stern eyes of her father."

"Er. That is. Um."

When Z'roa says that she has no desire for revenge, and that catching Zerris now would be impossible anyway, relief washes over Fagin's face.

"Oh thank G-LD!"

"Well, now that that's settled, I believe my lovely bride and I have a honeymoon to plan." He turns to Z'roa. "I hear the Port is lovely this time of year. And there are some... secret sources of tremendous weath that I can show you."

ooc: Are you going to open the present Misquamacas delivered?
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 am

"Is no one going to open the accursed present?" demands Yatagan, eying the gift box as if might contain a fat and succulent rat. Apparently Yatagan likes presents. And rats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let No Man Put Asunder   Let No Man Put Asunder - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let No Man Put Asunder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: