The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)

Go down 
+2
Rolzup
Mallus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shilsen

shilsen

Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Mallus wrote:
"The Petitioners? I have no business with them now. As I've already explained the Mask, that is, the spirit of Cybelle, is to be used as part of a treatment for the young Lady Dandy's... affliction. Any further discussion of the matter will occur before his Lordship. I have been acting solely as the Lord's agent and will not be led into betraying his confidence".

OOC: Scott, we found out that Titus had hired the Petitioners to try and steal the Mask from the gallery, right? Also, could you remind me what exactly it is that Lively offered to pay us for finding out or doing?
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 pm

shilsen wrote:
OOC: Scott, we found out that Titus had hired the Petitioners to try and steal the Mask from the gallery, right?
OOC: Subtle spied what sure sounds like Titus w/his raven and several Bailiffs watching when she scouted out what was supposed to be the drop-off location for the Mask after it was stolen from the gallery. Watching the exact spot, as if waiting for the stolen merchandise to be left...

Quote :
Also, could you remind me what exactly it is that Lively offered to pay us for finding out or doing?
OOC: 5,000 gp for the identity of the person behind the hiring of the Petitioners. 50,000 for killing them.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Mallus wrote:
"Good. What are they doing here?" says Dandy, with a cold economy which suggests not so much displeasure as the skyrocketing price of words.

Artichoke has been thinking furiously all the way to Dandy's home, partly about what the Magistrate will say, partly about what he should say, and partly about what the others will say or do - the last of which he quickly stops considering when the headaches hit.

Now, he rubs a hand over his balding pate, feeling the faintest touch of sweat. This might go sooo badly! I really hope he remembers how we took care of Clagoff for him. Then he takes a deep breath and says, smiling blandly as he does so, "Lord Dandy, we were investigating who was behind the attempted theft of the mask of Cybele from the art gallery, and received ... troubling information leading to your man Titus here. I decided that we should speak to him about it and traveled to the Jetty, where we found him in the process of binding Cybele. Unfortunately, his ritual was not powerful enough, but we decided to aid him, and with our help, she was bound. I thought we should accompany him here and place the ... situation before you."
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 am

"Would be dead now, if had not intervened," Pætros adds, indicating Titus. "Spell-work slapdash, needed us to save ass. Drove spirit into bottle myself, with power of faith."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:24 pm

shilsen wrote:
Unfortunately, his ritual was not powerful enough, but we decided to aid him, and with our help, she was bound.
At this Titus injects. "The ritual was more than sufficient! You distracted me! I warned you to stay back and yet you approached, brandishing weapons and implements. The Bailiffs can confirm this. The Gith went so far as to conjure a spirit... pig and send it into the binding diagram. Then the Gith threatened to 'strike me down'. These interlopers almost doomed the ritual... and your daughter."

"Enough" says Lord Dandy. Addressing artichoke he adds, "I will deal with Titus". He pauses a moment. Those of you gifted with human (or demi- or para-) insight sense Dandy is both angry and worried, though this is exceedingly hard to tell through the expressionless mask of his face.

"Is there anything else you would have me do? If not, good evening. I have much to attend to, even at this hour."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Would be dead now, if had not intervened," Pætros adds, indicating Titus. "Spell-work slapdash, needed us to save ass. Drove spirit into bottle myself, with power of faith."
Magister Titus glares at the Porchphant with undisguised hatred. His lips tremble. As he opens his mouth his lawyer and familiar whispers into his ear. The Eladrin chooses not to speak.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Pætros responds with an appallingly smug sneer. "Pig has mind of own," he says cheerfully. "Carries spark of divinity; is ineffable and mysterious and such things beyond mortal ken. Also, is something of bastard."
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Mallus wrote:
"Enough" says Lord Dandy. Addressing artichoke he adds, "I will deal with Titus". He pauses a moment. Those of you gifted with human (or demi- or para-) insight sense Dandy is both angry and worried, though this is exceedingly hard to tell through the expressionless mask of his face.

"Is there anything else you would have me do? If not, good evening. I have much to attend to, even at this hour."

"Thank you, Lord Dandy," Artichoke says with honest appreciation, albeit mostly for the fact that Dandy is not calling up a passel of Bailiffs to evict them - or worse. "But," he adds, with an evident reluctance which is also, for once, quite honest, "I should add that it was Lord Lively who hired us to investigate the matter of the Mask, and I feel honor-bound--having accepted the commission--to bring him the information we gained. Since Titus is your employee, I thought it only right to inform you about that, so that there is no ... misunderstanding between you and Lord Lively." And us.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Pætros responds with an appallingly smug sneer. "Pig has mind of own," he says cheerfully. "Carries spark of divinity; is ineffable and mysterious and such things beyond mortal ken. Also, is something of bastard."

OOC: Haha!
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:32 pm

shilsen wrote:
"I should add that it was Lord Lively who hired us to investigate the matter of the Mask, and I feel honor-bound--having accepted the commission--to bring him the information we gained. Since Titus is your employee, I thought it only right to inform you about that, so that there is no ... misunderstanding between you and Lord Lively." And us.
"I see. Titus, wait outside". The Eladrin starts to speak, but his black-feathered legal counsel intervenes again and Titus adjourns without a word.

Lord Dandy stares at Artichoke. A minute passes. It's impossible to tell if Dandy is collecting his thoughts, attempting to intimidate him, or pondering the humidity in his hothouse and the current price of Shadow Orchids on the Infernal Isles.

"I require further services from Titus. For my daughters." Lord Dandy wrinkles his fine, long aquiline nose slightly as he says the magician's name. "In this matter I am a father first and Magistrate second."

He pauses.

"There is no love between Lively and I. If you report to him he will demand Titus's arrest. Or worse. At the moment neither are acceptable. Again, I will deal with Titus."

There is more staring.

"If you go to Lively, this will escalate. Which could prove... disruptive to my life, to Larkspur's, and to the city itself. I thought you concerned with the Port's well-being after your help in the Clagoff affair. Did I judge you wrongly?"

Another pause. You all note Lord Dandy blinks very little. There's also nothing remotely Fae in his mannerisms, even though he's an elf who supposedly once belonged to the Seelie Court.

"Politics is a rough trade here. You may wish to reconsider your involvement in it. Don't you have a new religion to attend to? If you do proceed... choose your friends carefully. Lord Lively has many fine qualities. Such as low cunning and profitable criminal associations in the Shambles and Quadrille. Including a depraved, sorcerous cult.

He's an untrustworthy man. Except when he's an untrustworthy woman."

Lord Dandy then waits for you speak further or leave. It's clear he expects the former but would vastly prefer the latter.

Last edited by Mallus on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Also, is something of bastard."
OOC: very nice. It's going to be interesting having the Porcophant Pætros and the Apostle Yatagan adventuring together...
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Mallus wrote:

"There is no love between Lively and I. If you report to him he will demand Titus's arrest. Or worse. At the moment neither are acceptable. Again, I will deal with Titus."

There is more staring.

"If you go to Lively, this will escalate. Which could prove... disruptive to my life, to Larkspur's, and to the city itself. I thought you concerned with the Port's well-being after your help in the Clagoff affair. Did I judge you wrongly?"

Another pause. You all note Lord Dandy blinks very little. There's also nothing remotely Fae in his mannerisms, even though he's an elf who supposedly once belonged to the Seelie Court.

"Politics is a rough trade here. You may wish to reconsider your involvement in it. Don't you have a new religion to attend to? If you do proceed... choose your friends carefully. Lord Lively has many fine qualities. Such as low cunning and profitable criminal associations in the Shambles and Quadrille. Including a depraved, sorcerous cult.

He's an untrustworthy man. Except when he's an untrustworthy woman."

Lord Dandy then waits for you speak further or leave. It's clear he expects the former but would vastly prefer the latter.

"Yes," says Odanais, "but it wasn't Lord Lively who hired a gang of killers to murder a gallery full of people because he was too cheap to pay the required price for something he wanted."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm

gridley wrote:
"Yes," says Odanais, "but it wasn't Lord Lively who hired a gang of killers to murder a gallery full of people because he was too cheap to pay the required price for something he wanted."
'Neither was it I. What's more, what's done is done."

Pause.

"You may have cause to find I am not cheap". Lord Dandy shocks you by using actual inflection. "Particularly in pursuit of things dear to me. For example, my bid for the Mask was far in excess of Lord Lively's. Yet the gallery owner sold it to that unbearable peacock. It's almost as if Lively had some kind of hold over him."
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
'Neither was it I. What's more, what's done is done."

Pause.

"You may have cause to find I am not cheap". Lord Dandy shocks you by using actual inflection. "Particularly in pursuit of things dear to me. For example, my bid for the Mask was far in excess of Lord Lively's. Yet the gallery owner sold it to that unbearable peacock. It's almost as if Lively had some kind of hold over him."

"I wouldn't put it past him," says Odanais, smiling. "Look, no one here wants to see your daughters suffer any longer from their affliction. By all means, have your man fix them up. But once that's done, we will either be paid by Lord Lively for bringing Titus to justice or we'll be paid by you to forget the matter."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:15 pm

"Does he speak for the rest of you?"
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm

gridley wrote:
"I wouldn't put it past him," says Odanais, smiling. "Look, no one here wants to see your daughters suffer any longer from their affliction. By all means, have your man fix them up. But once that's done, we will either be paid by Lord Lively for bringing Titus to justice or we'll be paid by you to forget the matter."

Artichoke quite openly puts on a long-suffering expression, one which comes as close as one can get to saying, "Look what have to deal with," without actually speaking. Inwardly, however, he is quite pleased at Odanais' interjection. Excellent - you be bad mercenary and I'll be good mercenary!

He sighs and then adds, "My Lord, while my compatriot's phrasing and attitude might seem a little mercenary, he does have a point. Lord Lively has offered us substantial sums - five thousand gold for the identity of the person who hired the Petitioners, and ten times the sum for his head. I do, naturally, wish no harm to come to the Port, but, alas, the Port will not pay my bills. And, believe me," he sighs again, this time only part of it feigned, "Paying for the upkeep of this bunch," he waves a hand at the assembled group, "And the others who are part of our, ahem, religion is a very costly affair."

He falls silent, looking at Dandy expectantly and contriving to look vaguely embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

mallus wrote:
"Does he speak for the rest of you?"
"Is many rewards in holy work, but are being largely spiritual in nature. Cannot pay rent with enlightenment; have tried. Is not being well received."

Quote :
OOC: very nice. It's going to be interesting having the Porcophant Pætros and the Apostle Yatagan adventuring together...
Indeed, I'm somewhat torn.... Pætros is a great deal of fun to play, but mechanically Vox is a bit more satisfying with the teleporting and shadow manipulation throat-cutting and such. Instant gratification, wot? I might fiddle around with a couple of alternate Pætros tonight, although I've already rebuilt him somewhat with his hitting 11th level.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:31 pm

shilsen wrote:
Lord Lively has offered us substantial sums - five thousand gold for the identity of the person who hired the Petitioners, and ten times the sum for his head.
"I see. Lord Lively has set high stakes. A sum of 50,000 gold Lord-Mayors is a princely bounty. A Magistrates bounty. While placing a sum on a Magistrates is not a crime, accepting one is a capital offense."

Quote :
"I do, naturally, wish no harm to come to the Port, but, alas, the Port will not pay my bills."
"I see". Dandy almost sounds disappointed. Or perhaps you're all just projecting onto the steely blank expanse of his demeanor. "Let this lay for now. The hour is late and I have my daughter to attend to. Say nothing to Lively and I'll see you are justly rewarded."

Dandy stands and turns to leave. "It would also serve you well to take great care in choosing your enemies."
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Mallus wrote:
"I see. Lord Lively has set high stakes. A sum of 50,000 gold Lord-Mayors is a princely bounty. A Magistrates bounty. While placing a sum on a Magistrates is not a crime, accepting one is a capital offense."

With honest curiosity, Artichoke asks, "Really? Do you surmise, Lord Dandy, that Lord Lively intended us to come after you? That," he adds, again with utter sincerity, "I would certainly refuse to do. By the terms of our agreement, obtaining Titus' head would fulfill the bargain. Would have, I mean, speaking hypothetically."

Quote :
"I see". Dandy almost sounds disappointed. Or perhaps you're all just projecting onto the steely blank expanse of his demeanor. "Let this lay for now. The hour is late and I have my daughter to attend to. Say nothing to Lively and I'll see you are justly rewarded."

Dandy stands and turns to leave. "It would also serve you well to take great care in choosing your enemies."

"Certainly," Artichoke smiles urbanely, pleased how this affair has proceeded thus far, but not quite certain that it is over, "We shall leave you now, Lord Dandy. It is, as you say, late, and we do wish your daughters the best of health. As for enemies," he grins a little, "I don't seem to have that much choice in our enemies. But I have no intention of putting any Magistrates on that list. Any Magistrates."

If there's nothing else, Artichoke will happily vacate the premises with his merry band of murderous miscreants and head back towards the Church of Treasure.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Mallus wrote:

I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm risking my life to save one of your daughters, thinks Odanais, as he turns to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Indeed, I'm somewhat torn.... Pætros is a great deal of fun to play, but mechanically Vox is a bit more satisfying with the teleporting and shadow manipulation throat-cutting and such. Instant gratification, wot? I might fiddle around with a couple of alternate Pætros tonight, although I've already rebuilt him somewhat with his hitting 11th level.
OOC: Wouldn't that be a couple of alternate Pætroi?

What characters are everyone planning on playing? I think I'll keep playing Gepettojack. I'm finding him very fun to play, and he gets even more interesting (and nasty) at 11th level.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
What characters are everyone planning on playing? I think I'll keep playing Gepettojack. I'm finding him very fun to play, and he gets even more interesting (and nasty) at 11th level.

I'll be going back to Artichoke. Your guys need one sane person to play off.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:

What characters are everyone planning on playing?
There can be only one... Yatagan! (fortunately)

Also, I'd like to rename his Paragon Path from Champion of Order to something more fitting, like Warrior of the Radiant Seed or Cloacal Champion.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm

shilsen wrote:
With honest curiosity, Artichoke asks, "Really? Do you surmise, Lord Dandy, that Lord Lively intended us to come after you?
"Lord Lively would have suspected my involvement straight away. He... delights in games and in disorder. His is not a healthy mind. I'm certain he dangled that enormous sum of gold in front of you in hopes you would do something... rash. To me, or to some other aristocrat, it really matters not to Lively. If, against all odds, you succeeded, he'd have one less enemy. If not, he'd have a fine time drinking effeminate cocktails while attending your execution by fusillade at the hands of Lord Petard. Or at whatever baroque end the Governor chose for you."

Quote :
"I would certainly refuse to do."
"Comforting to know."

Quote :
By the terms of our agreement, obtaining Titus' head would fulfill the bargain. Would have, I mean, speaking hypothetically."
"And it shall remain hypothetical so long as Titus produces results with regard to helping my daughter". Lord Dandy says this in a slightly louder voice, as if the words where meant for eavesdropping ravens as well the people in the room.

Quote :
"I don't seem to have that much choice in our enemies.'
"You did in this case. Perhaps you still do."

Quote :
But I have no intention of putting any Magistrates on that list. Any Magistrates."
"It may be too late for that. You're already in the game. One could say you have been ever since you publicly accused Stephan of pederasty". Dandy smirks ever so slightly at that.

"Bailiffs, show these people the door."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)   Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Queens in Bondage (suprisingly *not* starring Roxy Hurrah)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2