The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lady Dandy's Dilemma

Go down 
+2
Rolzup
Mallus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
overeddie

overeddie

Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:09 pm

Mallus wrote:
A human male at the bar stands. Even standing his has a bit of a swagger. "I'm Cassio Rum. Armand's not here. Go you ask around at Captain's Court".
Lizzy eyes him suspiciously. "Don't fuck with us rum boy. I want some straight talk and I want it now."

Intimidate: 30

Last edited by overeddie on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm

OOC: intimidate
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm

The member 'overeddie' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:42 pm

shilsen wrote:
"We wouldn't want undue violence, would we?"
"You're threatening me? Here? Are you mad?" Artichoke notices Cassio Rum is trying to hide how nervous he is. The way the other patrons are reacting, its safe to assume that he's the only person with the surname of 'Rum' in the place.

shilsen wrote:
Are you sure you can't be more specific about Armand?
"I haven't seen him in over a month. We're not close. What else to you want to know? He's a half-breed, about 5'8. Scrawny. He used to like the pipe a bit too much. I think he was born under the Sign of the Kraken."

Quote :
His life might depend on it."
"So?"

overeddie wrote:
"Don't fuck with us rum boy. I want some straight talk and I want it now."
Cassion Rum takes a good look at Lizzie's expression and blanches. "I... I.. I am being straight with you. I have no idea where Armand is. None of us like him. He's part elf... you... you understand, right? Shit, I'd help you if I knew... maybe one of my cousins know. I think Federico and Giada are breakfasting at Tavern Eleven. It's in Captain's Court. Ask them. Giada takes an interest in Armand. She's his half-sister."

You note that the languid men who were seated by the door look on approvingly as you harass Cassio Rum.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Mallus wrote:
"You're threatening me? Here? Are you mad?" Artichoke notices Cassio Rum is trying to hide how nervous he is. The way the other patrons are reacting, its safe to assume that he's the only person with the surname of 'Rum' in the place.

Artichoke's grin broadens, making him look strangely like a very florid and inappropriately mustachioed shark. "No. Yes. And no," he says. "I'm not threatening you." Artichoke points at Lizzie. "He's threatening you. I'm just trying to help you ... help me ... help you avoid having your legs chopped off."

shilsen wrote:
Cassion Rum takes a good look at Lizzie's expression and blanches. "I... I.. I am being straight with you. I have no idea where Armand is. None of us like him. He's part elf... you... you understand, right? Shit, I'd help you if I knew... maybe one of my cousins know. I think Federico and Giada are breakfasting at Tavern Eleven. It's in Captain's Court. Ask them. Giada takes an interest in Armand. She's his half-sister."

"And now," Artichoke says happily, "You are helping me. Excellent. This might actually end without violence, after all." He looks at Lizzie and says, sounding very contrite, "I am sorry."

Quote :
You note that the languid men who were seated by the door look on approvingly as you harass Cassio Rum.

"But, before we leave in search of Monsieur Armand," Artichoke says, addressing essentially everyone else in the bar besides Cassio, "Do any of you fine people know anything about Armand's whereabouts? Or have at least seen him more recently than Master Cassio here has?" His hand drops to a pocket and returns with the glint of gold between the fingers.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Odanais makes a show of hiding his head between his hands and trembling like he's afraid of Lizzy and the others. He steals furtive peeks over his shoulder, looking around the room for anyone who's out of the fray but still looks worried or alarmed.

Insight: 21

Last edited by gridley on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:52 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:55 am

shilsen wrote:
I'm just trying to help you ... help me ... help you avoid having your legs chopped off."
Cassio Rum's says nothing, and gaze doesn't leave Lizzie, or more specifically, his axe.

shilsen wrote:
"Do any of you fine people know anything about Armand's whereabouts? Or have at least seen him more recently than Master Cassio here has?" His hand drops to a pocket and returns with the glint of gold between the fingers.
A few patrons hesitate, eying the gold in Artichoke's hand. One begins to mumble when one of the languid men approaches. "Save your money. None of dem have seen that Mr. Rum, because he ain't been here. Not in a month. Billy's Kin are always here, so what we see for free is better than what dem rotten lot will charge you for". He's an odd one, his pale skin marks him as being from the Unassailable North, but his accent and clothing marks him as someone from the Snake States. Then again, the Snake States are home to some very enterprising slavers. Then man proceeds to sit back down on a divan and sprawl. A minute later his companions join him.

gridely wrote:
Insight: 21
Cassio Rum is frightened. This isn't his turf. The languid men are probably not fearsome assassins, but they do seem to have clout, or at least they're convincingly acting that way.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 am

shilsen wrote:
"Excellent. This might actually end without violence, after all." He looks at Lizzie and says, sounding very contrite, "I am sorry."
We haven't left yet.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:51 am

Pætros continues to survey the place with a look of arch amusement on his features that never quite betrays the truth of what he's thinking....

Am needing to produce tracts, for handing out at time like this. Can dragon-thing draw?
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Can dragon-thing draw?
OOC: Do stick figures count?
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:36 pm

Mallus wrote:
Rolzup wrote:
Can dragon-thing draw?
OOC: we need Jack Chick.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:40 pm

overeddie wrote:
Mallus wrote:
Rolzup wrote:
Can dragon-thing draw?

OOC: I cannot tell a lie: I've been looking over Chick tracts, with the vague idea of taking one and altering it to add new dialog and such. Frankly, there's no way I could do the concept proper justice.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:51 pm

overeddie wrote:

Rolzup wrote:
I've been looking over Chick tracts, with the vague idea of taking one and altering it to add new dialog and such.
OOC: a Jack Chick tract featuring this group would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Lady Dandy's Dilemma - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Dandy's Dilemma
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: