The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sir Lien Repossessed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

Sir Lien Repossessed Empty
PostSubject: Sir Lien Repossessed   Sir Lien Repossessed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Sir Lien Repossessed is a deva avenger who's equal parts Cathar heretic and sadomasochist. He believes that the physical world is innately evil, and flesh is just a corrupt prison for innately pure soul. Therefore, anything that damages or demeans flesh is actually a good thing, and he takes great spiritual pleasure in being wounded. Unfortunately, as a deva he's trapped in a cycle of reincarnation, and will never be free of his prison. This makes him rather testy.

In his current incarnation, Lien is tall and gaunt, and dressed in flowing black robes, like a Jihadist version of Lurch from the Addams family.

For his background, I'm going to just pull stuff out of my arse when the mood takes me, in game. Possibly in flashback format, like an S&M version of the Highlander TV show playing on Al Jazeera.

I'm also going to be doing my damn best to get him killed. Then he'll reincarnate in a slightly different version of himself.

Last edited by Atlatl on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: Sir Lien Repossessed   Sir Lien Repossessed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:22 pm

Sir Lien Repossessed

Deva Avenger 7.
Str 13, Con 11, Dex 10, Int 19, Wis 19, Cha 8. Speed 6. Initiative +3.
HP 55 (Bloodied 27), Healing surges 7 (13 hp).
AC 23, Fort 16, Ref 19, Will 19.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (leather), Battle Awareness, Potent Rebirth, Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade).
Skills: Athletics +10, History +9, Intimidate +7, Perception +12, Religion +14, Stealth +8.
Languages: Common, +2 more

Class Features
• Oath of Enmity: Minor. Close burst 10. When you make a melee attack against the target and no other enemies are adjacent to you, make two attack rolls and use the best result. Lasts until end of encounter. If target drops to 0 hp, regain use of this power.
• Channel Divinity: You can use a channel divinity power once per encounter.
• Armor of Faith: +3 AC when not wearing heavy armor or using a shield.
• Censure of Retribution: When an enemy other than you Oath of Enmity target hits you, gain a +4 cumulative bonus to damage rolls against your Oath target until the end of your next turn.

Racial Traits
• Astral Majesty: +1 to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
• Astral Resistance: Resist 8 necrotic and radiant.
• Immortal Origin: Considered an immortal creature for effects related to origin.
• Potent Rebirth: After being reduced to 0 hp, gain +2 to attacks & damage until end of encounter.

At-Will Powers
• Overwhelming Strike: +13 vs. AC. 1d12+8 damage. Shift 1 square and slide the target into the space you occupied.
• Radiant Vengeance: Ranged 10. +9 vs. Reflex. 1d8+5 damage, and you gain 4 temporary HP.

Encounter powers:
• Avenging Echo: +13 vs. AC. 1d12+8 damage. Until the end of your next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to you, or that hits or misses you takes 9 radiant damage.
• Halo of Fire: +13 vs. AC. 2d12+8 fire damage. Until the end of your next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to the target takes 9 fire damage.
• Splinter the Formation: +13 vs. AC. 1d12+8 damage. You teleport every enemy w/in 2 squares of your target 5 squares.
• Battle Awareness: Immediate interrupt, when an adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn’t include you. +13 vs. AC. 1d12+8 damage.
• Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead): One undead creature in close burst 5. +9 vs. Will. 4d10+5 radiant damage and you pull the target 4 squares. The target is immobilized until the end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage, and pull 1 square.

Utility Powers
• Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: Free. +1d6 to an attack, saving throw, skill or ability check.
• Blessing of Vengeance (Daily): Free. If oath of enmity target dies, gain 13 temp HP.
• Aspect of Agility: Move. You shift 5 squares, & gain +2 to AC & Reflex until end of your next turn.
• Channel Divinity (Divine Guidance): Immediate interrupt (ally within close burst 10 attacks your Oath of Enmity target). Target makes second attack roll and uses either result.

Daily powers:
• Aspect of Might: +13 vs. AC. 3d12+8 damage. Until the end of the encounter, gain +5 to Athletics checks, +2 to speed, and +2 to melee damage rolls.
• Executioner’s Cloak: +13 vs. AC. 3d12+6 damage, and you are invisible to the target (save ends). Aftereffect: You are invisible to the target until the end of your next turn.
Miss: Half damage and you are invisible to the target until the end of your next turn.

Magic Items
• Bloodclaw Fullblade +2 (lvl 7): At-will, Free: Take 2 damage, deal +6 on next melee attack.
• Iron Armbands of Power (lvl 6). Gain +2 on melee damage rolls.
• Bloodcut Leather Armor +1 (lvl 4). Healing surge, minor action: While bloodied, gain Resist 10 All until the end of your next turn.
• Cloak of Resistance +1 (lvl 2). Daily: Minor. Gain Resist 5 All until the end of your next turn.
• Magic Holy Symbol +1 (lvl 1).

(Note that the magic items are currently undervalued, since I first wrote him up for 6th level and haven't updated the magic items since.)
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Sir Lien Repossessed   Sir Lien Repossessed Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:59 am

Atlatl wrote:
... like a Jihadist version of Lurch from the Addams family.
I was chuckling over this for the span of several hours last night.

Quote :
Possibly in flashback format, like an S&M version of the Highlander TV show playing on Al Jazeera.
I so want to see the version of Highlander that runs on Al Jazeera! I bet it's by the same people who did the Turkish Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Sir Lien Repossessed   Sir Lien Repossessed Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:58 am

Atlatl wrote:

For his background, I'm going to just pull stuff out of my arse when the mood takes me, in game. Possibly in flashback format, like an S&M version of the Highlander TV show playing on Al Jazeera.

I'm really looking forward to that, frankly.

Atlatl wrote:
I'm also going to be doing my damn best to get him killed. Then he'll reincarnate in a slightly different version of himself.

God help us, every one.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Sir Lien Repossessed   Sir Lien Repossessed Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:20 am

Mallus wrote:
I was chuckling over this for the span of several hours last night.

Likewise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Lien Repossessed   Sir Lien Repossessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sir Lien Repossessed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Characters-
Jump to: