The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gridley

gridley

Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Mallus wrote:
Don't forget "Ignorance is Strength!"

Ignorance is Bliss! Bliss is Strength!
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:11 pm

gridley wrote:
Mallus wrote:
Don't forget "Ignorance is Strength!"

Ignorance is Bliss! Bliss is Strength!
Two legs Bad! Four legs Good!

(oh wait...)
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Lizzy is now re-imagined as an Avenger. He's still a committed materialist/atheist though.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:04 pm

overeddie wrote:
Lizzy is now re-imagined as an Avenger. He's still a committed materialist/atheist though.

Of course.

By the way, you've got a big problem with the stats. The Melee Training feat only applies to basic attacks, so it won't help on your attacks with powers, which will be happening off Wis, not Dex. Also, since you have a 16 Dex that's only a +3 from Dex, not +6 (which is what you have in your attack and damage calculations), so it's not really much better than your 14 Wis. If you're going to go Avenger, you'll really need to crank up that Wis to have a chance to hit and do good damage.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Ugh! My mistake I counted my level bonus twice. I should probably switch Wis and Dex.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:26 pm

overeddie wrote:
Ugh! My mistake I counted my level bonus twice. I should probably switch Wis and Dex.

Good idea. Actually, since you have a decent Int, it would be a good idea to put all those points in Wis, actually, for something like: Str 12 (+1), Con 10, Dex 10, Int 14 (+2), Wis 20 (+5), Cha 12 (+1).
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:22 am

I wanted to keep the dex high to help with AC. I guess there are always magic items for that though.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

overeddie wrote:
I wanted to keep the dex high to help with AC. I guess there are always magic items for that though.

You apply Dex or Int (whichever is higher) to AC, so if you have a 14 Int, the Dex won't help unless it's at least 16.

Considering the stats we started with, our boosts at 4th level and your racial bonuses as a dwarf, you could do something like Str 11, Con 16, Dex 8, Int 15, Wis 20, Cha 12. That way at 8th level you can raise Int to 16, boosting your AC and Ref save. And you'd have a few more hit pts and surges, which you'll probably need as an avenger.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:45 am

Thanks! That is what I'll do.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:25 am

overeddie wrote:
Thanks! That is what I'll do.

Glad to help. Incidentally, this makes your Melee Training feat useless and you should go for something else. Even switching it to Wis doesn't make much sense, since you will only use basic attacks for OAs anyway. Maybe go for something like Power Attack? With your ability to roll twice vs. your oath target, you can take the penalty to hit with less trouble than most of us. Or things like Toughness and Improved Initiative are always handy.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Done and done.
Back to top Go down
overeddie

overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Level 14:

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Bodrin "Lizzy" Lutzmutler, level 14
Dwarf, Avenger, Relentless Slayer
Build: Pursuing Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit
Background: Dwarf - Outcast

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 16, Dex 16, Int 11, Wis 24, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8.

AC: 25 Fort: 24 Reflex: 24 Will: 28
HP: 108 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +12, Streetwise +11, Perception +19, Endurance +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +7, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +14, History +7, Insight +14, Intimidate +6, Nature +14, Stealth +10, Thievery +10, Athletics +7

FEATS
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training
Level 2: Armor Proficiency (Leather)
Level 4: Invigorating Pursuit
Level 6: Improved Initiative
Level 8: Coordinated Explosion
Level 10: Connected
Level 11: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 12: Weapon Expertise (Axe)
Level 14: Arbiter of Justice

POWERS
Avenger at-will 1: Radiant Vengeance
Avenger at-will 1: Bond of Pursuit
Avenger encounter 1: Shared Madness
Avenger daily 1: Renewing Strike
Avenger utility 2: Blessing of Vengeance
Avenger encounter 3: Enmity's Reach
Avenger daily 5: Executioner's Cloak
Avenger utility 6: Wrath of the Divine
Avenger encounter 7: Inexorable Pursuit
Avenger daily 9: Enduring Strike
Avenger utility 10: Avenger's Readiness
Avenger encounter 13: Cloud of Souls (replaces Enmity's Reach)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Holy Symbol, Horned Helm (heroic tier), Tattoo of Vengeance (heroic tier), Precise Forgery, Resilience Amulet +3, Symbol of Brawn +3, Shared Suffering Leather Armor +3, Righteous Greataxe +3
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks, Ed.

Just a couple of questions/comments:

Quote :
Level 11: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 12: Weapon Expertise (Axe)

Any reason you're taking both feats? They don't stack and the Heavy Blade one seems redundant since you use an axe all the time. Or did you really want the bonus vs. OAs?

Quote :
Shared Suffering Leather Armor +3

You should have masterwork armor, since it doesn't cost extra. This being +3 armor, you could get Drowmesh, which would also give you a +1 to Reflex defense.
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:41 pm

If I can make a couple suggestions:

Taking the Painful Oath feat would dramatically increase Lizzy's ability to hurt the Enemies of the People. It would allow Lizzy to do his Wisdom modifier in extra radiant and necrotic damage to the Enemy of the People, once per round. That is, if he hits the enemy of the people, he'd do 7 points of extra damage.

Also, you have nothing to lose with changing your Greataxe for an Execution Axe. It's an exotic weapon that Lizzy is proficient in because of his Dwarven Weapon Training feat. It has the same stats, only it has the "Brutal 2" quality, which means that if he rolls a 1 or 2 on a weapon damage die he gets to reroll it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler   Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bodrin "Lizzy" Lüzmütler
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Characters-
Jump to: