The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Into the Pit

Go down 
+3
Christabel
Mallus
shilsen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Mallus

Mallus

Into the Pit - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:57 pm

shilsen wrote:
We're not going to have a bunch of undead pop out here, are we?"
"We've taken care of that" says Yatagan as he indicates Mr. Cadaveris. "One of the Spring-Heeled Jacks should arrive soon to quiet any of the unquiet remaining."

The poet-paladin pauses. Dramatically. As always. "However, now may be the time to take us up on our offer of employment."

"Come, let us visit Madam Glossop and conclude this sad tale. We have preparations to make for an evening of art and violence."
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Mallus wrote:
"We've taken care of that" says Yatagan as he indicates Mr. Cadaveris. "One of the Spring-Heeled Jacks should arrive soon to quiet any of the unquiet remaining."

The poet-paladin pauses. Dramatically. As always.

Talia and the other two guards exchange glances and then she says, though not sounding too certain, "Okay - I'll take your word for it. But can we cover this hole up now?"

Quote :
"However, now may be the time to take us up on our offer of employment."

"Come, let us visit Madam Glossop and conclude this sad tale. We have preparations to make for an evening of art and violence."

Talia throws a dirty glance at the mansion and then says, "Sure, but we can't leave immediately. We've got to give a month's notice, and we've got to stay till the month's up. The Guard wouldn't have it any other way. It's a professionalism thing. But if you're sure you'd like to hire us - I'll talk to the people at the office. I'd be happy to get out of here." The others nod.

The guards accompany the League-members back to the house, where knocking eventually leads to the reappearance of Star. The young woman makes no motion to let anyone in, standing in the doorway and asking, "What did you find?"

Star listens intently to the details of the adventurers' story, a slight tightening of the jaw her only response to the information that Pit is dead. When they are done, she says, "I will inform Ms. Glossop. I believe you are supposed to find Pit on the Other Side. Let us know when you do." With that, she shuts the door.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 pm

shilsen wrote:
Talia and the other two guards exchange glances and then she says, though not sounding too certain, "Okay - I'll take your word for it. But can we cover this hole up now?"

"Not just yet. A second excursion is still possible at this time."

shilsen wrote:
Talia throws a dirty glance at the mansion and then says, "Sure, but we can't leave immediately. We've got to give a month's notice, and we've got to stay till the month's up. The Guard wouldn't have it any other way. It's a professionalism thing. But if you're sure you'd like to hire us - I'll talk to the people at the office. I'd be happy to get out of here." The others nod.

"Excellent, let's do that," says Odanais, adding with a slight smirk, "We could burn the mansion down if that would expedite matters."

shilsen wrote:
The guards accompany the League-members back to the house, where knocking eventually leads to the reappearance of Star. The young woman makes no motion to let anyone in, standing in the doorway and asking, "What did you find?"

"The dead squatting beneath the living, the veil between life and death torn to tatters, and some much-needed communion with a god."

shilsen wrote:
Star listens intently to the details of the adventurers' story, a slight tightening of the jaw her only response to the information that Pit is dead. When they are done, she says, "I will inform Ms. Glossop. I believe you are supposed to find Pit on the Other Side. Let us know when you do." With that, she shuts the door.

"Oh, is that all?" Odanais narrows his eyes to slits and returns to thoughts of arson.

He turns to Vox. "Is that even possible? And how long will your Jack be at work down there?"
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:59 am

gridley wrote:
"Excellent, let's do that," says Odanais, adding with a slight smirk, "We could burn the mansion down if that would expedite matters."

Talia chuckles and says, "Yeah, but then we'd have to try and stop you and .... well, conflict of interests and all that. So let's save the fire-starting for later, shall we?"

Quote :
"Oh, is that all?" Odanais narrows his eyes to slits and returns to thoughts of arson.

He turns to Vox. "Is that even possible? And how long will your Jack be at work down there?"

OOC: While the other PCs besides Vox aren't as expert on the subject, they know that there are some options to that end. The Other Side coexists with the Port and there is a district (the Hereafter) dedicated to the dead and the Other Side. There are places in the Hereafter where people can cross over between the two planes, plus there are certain races (shadar-kai, ghouls, etc) which can move between the mortal world and the Other Side.

Anyway, I'll let John/Vox field those questions as he wishes.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 am

shilsen wrote:
"I believe you are supposed to find Pit on the Other Side. Let us know when you do." With that, she shuts the door.
Yatagan demonstrates that his mouth has an agility not found in the rest of his body. "We need to fetch our death-priest before traveling to the Other Side" he says as Star goes to shut the door. His tone is a curious mix of commanding and diplomatic. "He's back at our headquarters protecting our Treasure."

OOC: in case you want it, Diplomacy: 23

Last edited by Mallus on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:13 am

Mallus wrote:
Yatagan demonstrates that his mouth has an agility not found in the rest of his body. "We need to fetch our death-priest before traveling to the Other Side" he says as Star goes to shut the door. His tone is a curious mix of commanding and diplomatic. "He's back at our headquarters protecting our Treasure."

Star stops and opens her mouth, the expression saying that she is about to snap at the paladin. Then she pauses, clearly controlling herself, and says with some politeness, "Certainly. Take whatever precautions you need. Since Pit is dead," her tone quavers slightly, but her expression doesn't change, "There is no hurry, and Ms. Glossop would want the task accomplished well, rather than just quickly and poorly." She moves to shut the door again.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:32 am

"Very good, ma'am. We shall return in the morrow, unless we obtain the location of another entrance to the Other Side, in which case we won't further disturb you or your mistress until this matter is resolved" says Yatagan politely, much to the chagrin of the Dragon Within.

To the others he says "Let us hie to the Hall of... to the Temple of Treasure. We need to prepare for Clagoff."

OOC: shil, what time of day is it? Any chance we could get a short rest in and still meet with Clagoff?
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:07 pm

gridley wrote:

"Very possible," Vox replies. "Possibly even easy, if things have gone as they should. Which they almost certainly haven't, which means that it's more likely to be 'insanely difficult' than 'easy'. But who knows? Perhaps your Crotchgod can expedite the process. But Ican make some inquiries, to be sure.

"As to the Jack -- not my Jack, I assure you! -- it's difficult to say. They're not smart things, Jacks. Just very very dangerous. If it can't fix what's wrong, it'll likely go fetch someone who, in theory, can. Someone like me, but unfortunate enough to be findable."
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Perhaps your Crotchgod can expedite the process.
"Please Mr. Cadaveris, show some respect! In all likelihood the god saved your life, such as it is" says Yatagan, clearly unsettled by the Shadar-Kai's flip remark. "Besides, it is not 'my god'. I am it's servant."

Slightly after Yatagan speaks those final words he realizes that they're true. If the Dragon Within has an opinion on the matter, it chooses not to share it.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: shil, what time of day is it? Any chance we could get a short rest in and still meet with Clagoff?

Sure. You guys went to the Glossop estate sometime in the morning, so it would be late afternoon at this point. You've definitely got enough time for a rest, and it would also let you collect the rest of the PCs. You guys are more than a little beat and could use the entire group - plus it lets everyone get in on the posting on the forums (assuming Wayne, John D and Mike do).
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:15 pm

So, I reckon we'll hit the market for some silvered weapons (if we haven't already done so) and then back to the bar to check on Treasure.

Odanais will pick up a nice silvered dagger.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:58 pm

gridley wrote:
Good idea. What else could we pick up in the Market that would help on the Other Side?

Also, Yatagan will by more rockets. Because he likes rockets. Is their something he could affix to the end to making them anti-undead rockets? That would be cool.

edit: in a similar vein, perhaps we should buy enough accelerant to burn up Captain Clagoff's ship... just in case it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Mallus wrote:
Rolzup wrote:
"Perhaps your Crotchgod can expedite the process.
"Please Mr. Cadaveris, show some respect! In all likelihood the god saved your life, such as it is" says Yatagan, clearly unsettled by the Shadar-Kai's flip remark. "Besides, it is not 'my god'. I am it's servant."

Slightly after Yatagan speaks those final words he realizes that they're true. If the Dragon Within has an opinion on the matter, it chooses not to share it.

"Well, has it a name, man? In my all-too-bitter experience, deities of any stripe rarely respond well to a hail of 'Hey, you!'"

Wincing at a memory, Vox shakes his head. "And comments about their mothers, and the morals thereof? Even less wise."

Mallus wrote:
Good idea. What else could we pick up in the Market that would help on the Other Side?

"Blood is a customary sort of bribe, but if we obtain any it should be kept tightly stoppered. The smell carries much farther than one would expect. But intoxicants of any sort are considered desirable...doesn't have to be good, just strong."

He strokes his chin. "Broadsheets and Penny Dreadfuls...also popular, at least the ones from This Side. The Dead Press produces an astonishing amount of crap, you understand, but it's all much of a muchness after a while.

"Now, if you're looking to self defense, Master Yatigan, I should suggest comfortable shoes and loose-fitting clothing. Something that will allow you to achieve a good turn of speed, that's the ticket. Spilled blood might distract a Jack, as well as some of the other...ah...hazards, but it's not something that I'd care to depend on.

"Of course, you do have a god. That's a powerful weapon on the Other Side, no matter where you happen to keep him."

(And a silvered dagger for Vox, as well.)
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Mallus wrote:
Also, Yatagan will by more rockets. Because he likes rockets. Is their something he could affix to the end to making them anti-undead rockets? That would be cool.

So, we're stopping by South of The (Celestial) Border for some radiant rockets and holy hand grenades?
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:41 pm

gridley wrote:
So, we're stopping by South of The (Celestial) Border for some radiant rockets and holy hand grenades?
OOC: Yes! And corn dogs!

IC: Yatagan looks at Vox and says "Blood you say? Perhaps a few of Captain Clagoff's more rash crewmen will be kind enough to donate some of theirs."
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:29 pm

gridley wrote:

Actual silver weapons are not normally made or sold, since they are near-useless in a fight. But one can purchase alchemical silver, which has the following effect:

Quote :
Alchemical Silver
Level: 5
Price: 50 gp
Alchemical Item

Power (Consumable): Standard Action. Your weapon or one group of ammunition (30 arrows, 10 crossbow bolts, 20 sling bullets, or 5 shuriken) attacks as a silvered weapon until the end of the encounter or for the next 5 minutes. Alchemical silver can be applied to nonmagical weapons and to magic weapons of 14th level or lower.

I'll presume that all four of you get one dose each, unless you want more.

Mallus wrote:
Also, Yatagan will by more rockets. Because he likes rockets.

Clearly ruling that fireworks existed in the Port was a tragic error on John's part.

Quote :
Is their something he could affix to the end to making them anti-undead rockets? That would be cool.

My head hurts.

Quote :
edit: in a similar vein, perhaps we should buy enough accelerant to burn up Captain Clagoff's ship... just in case it comes to that.

Now it hurts more.

More seriously, I'll start up a separate thread for the visit to Clagoff and send off an email so that everyone can jump in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit   Into the Pit - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the Pit
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: