The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oswald Jobbernowl

Go down 
+3
shilsen
Mallus
Rolzup
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mallus

Mallus

Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:09 am

shilsen wrote:
We have a long night ahead of us."
"I'll set a pot of coffee on, before the bloodletting starts" says Yatagan.

"Mr. Jobbernowl, you wouldn't happen to have cream... or mice?"
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:06 pm

OOC: By gum you're right -- no windows in those rooms after all.

Cream, yes. Mice, alas, no.

The meal is an uncomfortable one, but at least the food is good. The children (both human, not having been exposed to the Aster) launch a sustained barrage of questions, most of them highly impertinent, and numerous requests to examine your various weapons.

Jobbernowl's elderly mother, also human, sits close to Yatigan and offers a variety of come-hither glances when her son isn't watching. His reputation, she assures the dragonborn in a whisper, is indeed good.

Oswald himself appears resigned to his fate, and pointedly ignores the party as much as is practical. Having unloaded his crossbow and laid it aside, he is now sporting a pistol, which he is apt to toy with absently when speaking.

The family retires shortly after the meal, with Jobbernowl and his wife taking the northernmost room and his mother and the children the other. Oswald gives his mother the crossbow, which she loads and handles with surprising expertise. The servants are dismissed for the evening, and head to their homes with undisguised relief

OOC: And where, may I ask, will the party station themselves? Oh, and one of you running Heyoka, NOT YATIGAN, as an NPC works fine for me.

Last edited by Rolzup on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 pm

Rolzup wrote:
OOC: By gum you're right -- no windows in those rooms after all.

Good. That suits me just fine.

Quote :
Cream, yes. Mice, alas, no.

The meal is an uncomfortable one, but at least the food is good. The children (both human, not having been exposed to the Aster) launch a sustained barrage of questions, most of them highly impertinent, and numerous requests to examine your various weapons.

Artichoke fobs them off by suggesting they talk to Heyoka and, after some consideration, Odanais. Asarlai is likely to be too irritable, Yatagan too ... um, leaky, and Penelope would likely ensure they never make it to adulthood.

Quote :
The family retires shortly after the meal, with Jobbernowl and his wife taking the northernmost room and his mother and the children the other. Oswald gives his mother the crossbow, which she loads and handles with surprising expertise. The servants are dismissed for the evening, and head to their homes with undisguised relief

When Oswald and his family are heading into their rooms, Artichoke says, "Keep the doors locked. And don't open it unless the person knocking say, 'Box god.' And no, don't ask."

Quote :
OOC: And where, may I ask, will the party station themselves?

Artichoke, Odanais, Asarlai and Yatagan in the first floor living room, with Penelope and Heyoka upstairs. We'll lock and bar all the doors upstairs leading to the stair area, where Penelope and Heyoka are. Downstairs we lock the doors leading to the three storage areas and the servants' room. Lock and bar the main doors too, of course, but leave the door to the kitchen open.

Quote :
Oh, and one of you running Yatigan as an NPC works fine for me.

Heyoka. Unless you really don't trust Yatagan with Scott anymore, which is a completely reasonable position to take.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 am

shilsen wrote:

Artichoke, Odanais, Asarlai and Yatagan in the first floor living room, with Penelope and Heyoka upstairs. We'll lock and bar all the doors upstairs leading to the stair area, where Penelope and Heyoka are. Downstairs we lock the doors leading to the three storage areas and the servants' room. Lock and bar the main doors too, of course, but leave the door to the kitchen open.

Lock, sure. The only one with a bar is the master bedroom, and it bars from the inside.

shilsen wrote:

Heyoka. Unless you really don't trust Yatagan with Scott anymore, which is a completely reasonable position to take.

Heyoka, yes. That's...that's what I said, honest. Just look at my post.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:27 am

Rolzup wrote:
Lock, sure. The only one with a bar is the master bedroom, and it bars from the inside.

In that case, we'll just make them extra difficult to open, however we can. Coils of rope tied around the handles, some handy furniture piled in front, spiked shut if possible. You get the idea.

Quote :
Heyoka, yes. That's...that's what I said, honest. Just look at my post.

Damn DMs and their magic mind-altering powers! We hates them!
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 9:51 am

OOC: is there (easy) roof access from the 2nd floor? If so...

"Perhaps one of our quick-tempered comrades --that's it!... that's the word I've been searching for to use for the erotic union propaganda... comrades in arms, comrades engorged!...

... ahem, as I was saying, perhaps some of us should take the roof and shoot anyone fae-looking who approaches the house".
Back to top Go down
maalvi

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:02 am

Mallus wrote:

"Perhaps one of our quick-tempered comrades --that's it!... that's the word I've been searching for to use for the erotic union propaganda... comrades in arms, comrades engorged!...

... ahem, as I was saying, perhaps some of us should take the roof and shoot anyone fae-looking who approaches the house".

you do realize that you just gave the ok to shoot anyone walking by, right?

Odanais, i seem to remember reading somewhere that there is a magical means of locking doors and such as well as setting up magical alarms, you able to do that?
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:16 am

Mallus wrote:

Another PR coup!

But no, no easy access to the roof. Short of scaling the outside walls.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:25 am

Rolzup wrote:

Thank you! The idea of Penelope on the roof with a clear shot at passers-by gives me horrible images. Images which are strangely reminiscent of Audhild.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:27 am

Rolzup wrote:

Another PR coup!
The first of many...

Quote :
OOC: how about going out-and-up from one of the 2nd story windows?

Anyway, perhaps it's for the best we don't employ sniper tactics, given the way some of our party's judgment is inversely proportional to their accuracy and lethality.
Back to top Go down
maalvi

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 10:32 am

to be fair, penelope was just executing a prisoner who had previously attempted to kill us, she hasn't attempted to kill anyone who hasn't started physical hostilities... yet.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:05 am

Mallus wrote:
Anyway, perhaps it's for the best we don't employ sniper tactics, given the way some of our party's judgment is inversely proportional to their accuracy and lethality.

Very Happy

I'd just rather have Penelope inside, since if the enemies get in (which, frankly, they will), it'll take her a long time to get back in and help out.

But to get some use out of the upper level, I'd like her and Heyoka watching through the window over the main door, which should mean they'll spot anyone coming in that way. That means those of us on the first floor can keep an eye on the other entrance from the outside, the one into the kitchen.

BTW, I'd also like to have the windows looking into the first floor living room closed, barred and covered. And the window looking into the kitchen. No bloody eladrins teleporting in on my watch!
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:39 am

shilsen wrote:

BTW, I'd also like to have the windows looking into the first floor living room closed, barred and covered. And the window looking into the kitchen. No bloody eladrins teleporting in on my watch!

Easily done. The windows are, by the way, two small for anyone larger than a halfling to easily come through even when they aren't secured.
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 11:59 am

maalvi wrote:
to be fair, penelope was just executing a prisoner who had previously attempted to kill us, she hasn't attempted to kill anyone who hasn't started physical hostilities... yet.

OOC: Yep! Exactly!

Speaking of shooting people, if we give the heretic guys (well, now just one guy) back to... umm... the other guys, then won't he perhaps tell them about the god-in-a-box? Especially if it would help save him from getting punished? If that happened, then we'd have loads of people after us. So I propose taking care of him too once we're done with the goblins.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 6:39 pm

As opposed as I am to cold-blooded murder, the lady makes a damn good point.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 pm

I just wanted to post and say Artichoke agrees with Penelope too.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way influenced by an offer of cookies to the poster by certain other parties. Especially not double chocolate ones.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:57 pm

Yatagan takes the original priest who wanted the box at his word. That priest told us that his deity sent him a vision showing that we were in possession of the god-box. He also warned us that his god wasn't alone in doing so, and to expect more visitors.

So the damage is done. Yatagan doesn't believe our captive can reveal anything that hasn't already, in all likelihood, been revealed.

That said, he'll won't press to point too much. If you decide to execute the prisoner, all Yatagan will do is lecture the group, in verse, about the evils of cold-blooded murder and the righteousness of selling the unrighteous into bondage.
Back to top Go down
Christabel

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 2:10 pm

I think we mentioned during the game we'd just sell him off? I mean, that's fine with me. Penelope's not very interested in pressing the issue either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oswald Jobbernowl   Oswald Jobbernowl - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oswald Jobbernowl
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: