The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Captain Artichoke

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Background/Personality:

What’s in a name? To Captain Artichoke – everything. The son of a greengrocer with a sadly literal name and a woman with an unfortunate liking for military men, Captain spent much of his early life trying to explain what his first name was and why (“No, just Captain! Not Captain anything! Yes, I know!”). Eventually, just as his mother had hoped, he ended up joining the Port’s military. Unfortunately, being called Private Captain Artichoke or Sergeant Captain Artichoke wasn’t any more pleasurable, and Captain quit the service well before reaching the rank of his name.

A couple of positive things that Captain did discover in the military were an aptitude for tactics and an ability to lead soldiers to be better than they naturally were. Once he was back on the streets, he decided to try and make some money off these skills, delivering lectures regarding teamwork and character-building as well as printing a series of pamphlets (“The Seven Habits of Highly Lethal People”, “How to Win Friends and Crush Your Enemies, See them Driven Before You, and Hear the Lamentation of their Women”, etc). After a little initial success, Captain discovered that nobody was really that interested in his theories, especially once they had learned his name.

After some grousing and drinking, Captain then came up with a brilliant (or so it seemed at the time) plan. He would prove the efficacy of his methods, goddammit! And he would do so by collecting a band of relatively inexperienced warriors and forming them into the greatest band of heroes the Port has ever seen. Over the next few weeks Captain scoured the bars and taverns and seedier parts of town for appropriate candidates. Unfortunately, what he found were the other PCs. The rest is history … or hopefully soon will be.

Captain, which is what he insists everyone call him, though the other members of the Just Us League have a distressing habit of referring to him as Arty, is a tall and burly man with a bit of a gut and a neat moustache. Having lost most of his hair prematurely, he looks a bit older than his actual age, which is somewhere in the late forties (note: think Dr. Phil in chainmail). He spends most of his time at the headquarters of the Just Us League attempting (usually vainly) to train the others into a cohesive fighting force or looking for appropriate jobs for them. Though possessing a fair sense of humor, the combination of dealing with the group he has assembled and everything that results from his name has led to him being a little gruffer than he might otherwise be. A capable combatant, he prefers to fight with a sword and a distinctive disc-shaped shield with a star on it. Captain is actually an excellent tactician, though perhaps not as good as he would like others to think he is, and convinced that he can make the Just Us League utterly awesome. Someday. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Stat block   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:05 pm

HUMAN WARLORD 1
Initiative +2; Speed 5; HP 25 (Bloodied 12); Healing surges/day 8 (6 hp); AC 18 (+6 chain, +2 heavy shield), Fort 15, Ref 16, Will 13; Longsword +6 (1d8+3); Unaligned; Str 16, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 12

Feats: Action Surge, Shield Proficiency (Heavy)

Special abilities: Combat Leader (you plus allies within 10 squares who see & hear you get +2 initiative); Commanding Presence (Tactical Presence: allies using an action point to attack who can see you gain +1 to hit); Inspiring Word

Languages: Common, Draconic

Skills: Diplomacy +6, Endurance +3, Heal +5, History +8, Intimidate +6

Equipment: Chainmail, heavy shield, longsword, adventurer’s kit, 20 gp

At-will powers:
Commander’s Strike – Standard, melee weapon (Ally of your choice makes a melee basic attack against the target, gaining +3 to damage)

Viper’s Strike – Standard, melee weapon, Effect (If the target shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from ally of your choice), Str vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+3 damage)

Wolf Pack Tactics – Standard, melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+3 damage)

Encounter powers:
Inspiring Word (usable 2/encounter, but only 1/rd) – Minor, close burst 5 (you or 1 ally in burst can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit pts)

Warlord’s Favor – Standard, melee weapon, Str vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+3 damage; one ally within 5 squares gains +4 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:
Lead the Attack – Standard, melee weapon, Str vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+3 damage, and you and allies within 5 squares gain a +4 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: You and allies gain a +1 power bonus instead)
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: LEVEL 2   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:36 am

Human Warlord2
Init +4; Speed 6; HP 30 (Bloodied 15); Healing surges/day 8 (7 hp); AC 19 (+1 level, +3 hide, +4 Int, +1 shield), Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 14; Longsword +6 (1d8+2); Unaligned; Str 15, Con 13, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 12

Feats: Action Surge, Jack of All Trades, Saving Inspiration

Special abilities: Combat Leader (you plus allies within 10 squares who see & hear you get +2 initiative); Commanding Presence (Tactical Presence: allies using an action point to attack who can see you gain +2 hit); Inspiring Word (use a healing surge and gain +1d6 hit pts or make a save)

Languages: Common, draconic

Skills:
Trained: Diplomacy +7 (+8 near Asarlai), Endurance +7, Heal +6, History +9, Intimidate +7
Untrained: Acrobatics +1, Arcana +7, Athletics +4, Bluff +4, Dungeoneering +3, Insight +3, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion +7, Stealth +1, Streetwise +4, Thievery +1

Equipment: Hide armor, light shield, longsword, adventurer’s kit, 35 gp

At-will powers:
Commander’s Strike – Standard, melee weapon (Ally of your choice makes a melee basic attack against the target, gaining +4 to damage)

Viper’s Strike – Standard, melee weapon, Effect (If the target shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from ally of your choice), Str (+6) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+2 damage)

Wolf Pack Tactics – Standard, melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str (+6) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+2 damage)

Encounter powers:
Inspiring Word (usable 2/encounter, but only 1/rd) – Minor, close burst 5 (you or 1 ally in burst can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit pts)

Warlord’s Favor – Standard, melee weapon, Str (+6) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+2 damage; one ally within 5 squares gains +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:
Lead the Attack – Standard, melee weapon, Str (+6) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+2 damage, and you & allies within 5 squares gain a +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: Gain a +1 power bonus instead)

Utility powers:
Knight’s Move – Move, ranged 10, one ally takes a move action as a free action

Last edited by shilsen on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 am

Like Mike, I'm going to drop my Dex to an 8 (seems a little more fitting with Dr Phil, though maybe I should drop the Cha too!) and move up my Str to a 15. It won't change any of his stats right now other than making initiative and a couple of skill checks worse, but it's preparation for further raising of stats at 4th. And I am kinda tempted to give him Shield Proficiency (Heavy), which I had earlier. Decisions, decisions!

Last edited by shilsen on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:32 pm

I found a feat from Martial Power called Saving Inspiration, which lets Artichoke give up any extra dice of healing when using his Inspiring Word and instead give the recipient a saving throw. I'd like to take that instead of Tactical Assault, since I think it's more useful and fits the character concept better ("Help me ... help you ... make that save").

Is that okay, John?
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 am

shilsen wrote:
I found a feat from Martial Power called Saving Inspiration, which lets Artichoke give up any extra dice of healing when using his Inspiring Word and instead give the recipient a saving throw. I'd like to take that instead of Tactical Assault, since I think it's more useful and fits the character concept better ("Help me ... help you ... make that save").

Is that okay, John?

That's fine.

And may I add that I am deeply enjoying watching the party's collective charisma continue to plummet? It's a startlingly realistic event, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:23 am

Rolzup wrote:
That's fine.

Thanks.

Quote :
And may I add that I am deeply enjoying watching the party's collective charisma continue to plummet? It's a startlingly realistic event, isn't it?

Sadly, it only seems that way. I'm not actually lowering Artichoke's Cha, so only Amber has lowered her PC's Cha. And Penelope's also the only PC with a Cha below average. That's relatively rare in both D&D and in our groups, I think.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:34 am

shilsen wrote:
Sadly, it only seems that way. I'm not actually lowering Artichoke's Cha, so only Amber has lowered her PC's Cha. And Penelope's also the only PC with a Cha below average. That's relatively rare in both D&D and in our groups, I think.

And the only PC in the group with a high charisma is absolutely horrifying in almost all social (and non social) situations.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:37 am

gridley wrote:
And the only PC in the group with a high charisma is absolutely horrifying in almost all social (and non social) situations.

Heh! True, though Asarlai actually has an 18 Cha too. It's hard to notice when you're staring in horrified fascination at a dragon-man ejaculating on his battleaxe.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:42 pm

shilsen wrote:
Heh! True, though Asarlai actually has an 18 Cha too.
Right... it's the dragon-man with the new spin on the sin of Onan and the old coot who bargained with alien monstrosities in lieu of retiring that are literally the charming ones.

Quote :
It's hard to notice when you're staring in horrified fascination at a dragon-man ejaculating on his battleaxe.
He does try to be discreet about it... unless he's marking you.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: 3rd level   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Here's the 3rd lvl version of Artichoke. I switched out Endurance for Bluff as one of his trained skills. I was trying to choose between Bluff and Insight, and then decided that if he had enough Insight he'd never work with the rest of you.

Quote :
Human Warlord3 – Init +2; Speed 6; HP 35 (Bloodied 17); Healing surges/day 8 (7 hp); AC 19, Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 14; +1 Inspiring Longsword +7 (1d8+3); Unaligned; Str 15, Con 13, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 12

Feats: Action Surge, Jack of All Trades, Saving Inspiration

Special abilities: Combat Leader (you + allies within 10 who see & hear you get +2 initiative); Commanding Presence (Tactical Presence: allies using an action point to attack who can see you gain +2 to hit); Inspiring Word (close burst 5; target can use a healing surge, and regain an extra 1d6 hit pts or make a saving throw)

Skills: Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7 (+8 near Asarlai), Heal +6, History +9, Intimidate +7; Untrained: Acrobatics +1, Arcana +7, Athletics +4, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +4, Insight +3, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion +7, Stealth +1, Streetwise +4, Thievery +1

Equipment: +1 Inspiring longsword, hide armor, light shield, longsword, adventurer’s kit, 35 gp

Inspiring Longsword: Power (Daily): Minor Action. Allies adjacent to you gain a power bonus to damage rolls equal to the enhancement bonus of the weapon until the end of your next turn.

At-will powers:
Commander’s Strike – Melee weapon (One ally makes a melee basic attack, gaining +4 to damage)

Viper’s Strike – Melee weapon, Effect (If the target shifts before the start of your next turn, it provokes an opportunity attack from ally of your choice), Str (+7) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+3)

Wolf Pack Tactics – Melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str (+7) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+3)

Encounter powers:

Steel Monsoon – Melee weapon, Str (+7) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+3 and 5 allies within 5 can shift 1 square)

Warlord’s Favor – Melee weapon, Str (+7) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+3 and one ally within 5 squares gains +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:
Lead the Attack – Melee weapon, Str (+7) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+3, and you & allies within 5 squares gain a +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: Gain a +1 power bonus instead)

Utility powers:
Knight’s Move – Encounter, move, ranged 10, one ally takes a move action as a free action
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 pm

Here's the new and improved Saint Captain Artichoke:

Human Warlord7 – Init +4; Speed 6; HP 54 (Bloodied 27); Healing surges/day 8 (13 hp); AC 24, Fort 20, Ref 22, Will 19; +2 Longsword +12 (1d8+5); Unaligned; Str 16, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 14; resist 5 poison

Feats: Action Surge, Bardic Dilletante, Jack of All Trades, Saving Inspiration, Shield Proficiency (Heavy)

Special abilities: Combat Leader (you + allies within 10 who see & hear you get +2 initiative); Commanding Presence (Tactical Presence: allies using an action point to attack who can see you gain +2 to hit); Inspiring Word (close burst 5; target can use a healing surge, and regain an extra 2d6 hit pts or make a saving throw)

Skills: Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Heal +8, Insight +8, Intimidate +10, Streetwise +10; Untrained: Acrobatics +1, Arcana +9, Athletics +5, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +3, History +9, Nature +5, Perception +5, Religion +9, Stealth +1, Thievery +1

Equipment: +2 Defensive longsword (7th), +2 amulet of health (8th), +2 hide armor (6th), heavy bashing shield (5th), adventurer’s kit

At-will powers:
Commander’s Strike – Melee weapon (One ally makes a melee basic attack, gaining +4 to damage)

Opening Shove – Melee weapon, Str (+12) vs. Reflex, Hit: You push the target 1 square, then one ally you can see may shift up to 4 squares or make a melee basic attack against the enemy

Wolf Pack Tactics – Melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str (+12) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+5)

Encounter powers:
Defensive Longsword: When you take the total defense or second wind action, add +2 as an item bonus to all of your defenses until the start of your next turn.

Inspiring Word (usable 2/encounter, but only 1/rd) – Minor, close burst 5, you or 1 ally can spend a healing surge and either regain an additional 2d6 hit pts or make a saving throw

Rousing Words – Minor, you or one ally in close burst 5 can spend 2 healing surges

Steel Monsoon – Melee weapon, Str (+12) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+5, and 4 allies within 5 can shift 1 square)

Stirring Force - Melee weapon, Str (+12) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+5 and all allies within 2 of you can make a saving throw)

Warlord’s Favor – Melee weapon, Str (+12) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+5 and one ally within 5 squares gains +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:
Bashing Shield – Free; when you hit an enemy in melee, push him 1d4 squares after applying the attack’s effects

Lead the Attack – Melee weapon, Str (+12) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+5, and you & allies within 5 squares gain a +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: Gain a +1 power bonus instead)

Majestic Word – Minor, close burst 5, you or an ally can spend a healing surge, regain an extra 1d6+2 hp, and slide 1

Stand the Fallen – Melee weapon, Str (+12) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+5; Effect: Each ally in 10 can spend a healing surge and gain an extra 2 hp)

Last edited by shilsen on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:55 am

Reworked Artichoke slightly, giving him the bardic multiclass feat (which also gives him an extra trained skill, for which I picked Insight) and dropping Toughness.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Human Warlord8 – Init +5; Speed 6; HP 59 (Bloodied 29); Healing surges/day 10 (15 hp); AC 25, Fort 22, Ref 23, Will 20; +2 Longsword +14 (1d8+6); Unaligned; Str 18, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 14

Feats: Action Surge, Bardic Dilettante, Durable, Jack of All Trades, Saving Inspiration, Shield Proficiency (Heavy)

Special abilities: Combat Leader (you + allies within 10 who see & hear you get +2 initiative); Commanding Presence (Tactical Presence: allies using an action point to attack who can see you gain +2 to hit); Inspiring Word (close burst 5; target can use a healing surge, and regain an extra 2d6 hit pts or make a saving throw)

Skills: Bluff +11, Diplomacy +11, Heal +9, Insight +9, Intimidate +11, Streetwise +11; Untrained: Acrobatics +2, Arcana +10, Athletics +7, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +4, History +10, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +10, Stealth +2, Thievery +2

Equipment: +2 Defensive longsword (7th), +2 Cloak of the Walking Wounded (9th), +2 hide armor (6th), heavy bashing shield (5th), belt of vigor (2nd), adventurer’s kit, 280 gp

At-will powers:

Opening Shove – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. Reflex, Hit: You push the target 1 square, then one ally you can see may shift up to 4 squares or make a melee basic attack against the enemy

Wolf Pack Tactics – Melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+6)

Encounter powers:
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).)

Defensive Longsword: When you take the total defense or second wind action, add +2 as an item bonus to all of your defenses until the start of your next turn.

Inspiring Word (usable 2/encounter, but only 1/rd) – Minor, close burst 5, you or 1 ally can spend a healing surge and either regain an additional 2d6 hit pts or make a saving throw

Rousing Words – Minor, you or one ally in close burst 5 can spend 2 healing surges

Steel Monsoon – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6, and 4 allies within 5 can shift 1 square)

Stirring Force - Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6 and all allies within 2 of you can make a saving throw)

Warlord’s Favor – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6 and one ally within 5 squares gains +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:
Bashing Shield – Free; when you hit an enemy in melee, push him 1d4 squares after applying the attack’s effects

Lead the Attack – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6, and you & allies within 5 squares gain a +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: Gain a +1 power bonus instead)

Majestic Word – Minor, close burst 5, you or an ally can spend a healing surge, regain an extra 1d6+2 hp, and slide 1

Stand the Fallen – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6; Effect: Each ally in 10 can spend a healing surge and gain an extra 2 hp)
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Artichoke at 9th level   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am

Human Warlord9 – Init +5; Speed 6; HP 64 (Bloodied 32); Healing surges/day 10 (17 hp); AC 25, Fort 22, Ref 23, Will 20; +2 Longsword +14 (1d8+6); Unaligned; Str 18, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 14

Feats: Action Surge, Bardic Dilettante, Durable, Jack of All Trades, Saving Inspiration, Shield Proficiency (Heavy)

Skills: Bluff +11, Diplomacy +11, Heal +9, Insight +9, Intimidate +11, Streetwise +11; Untrained: Acrobatics +3, Arcana +10, Athletics +7, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +4, History +10, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +10, Stealth +2, Thievery +2

Equipment: +2 Defensive longsword (7th), +2 Cloak of the Walking Wounded (9th), +2 Bloodcut hide armor (9th), heavy bashing shield (5th), belt of vigor (2nd), acrobat boots (2nd), adventurer’s kit, 3960 gp

At-will powers:
Acrobat Boots – Minor, stand up from prone, Property: Gain a +1 to Acrobatics

Bloodcut Armor power (Healing surge) – Minor, while you are bloodied you can use this armor to gain resist 10 to all damage until the end of your next turn.

Opening Shove – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. Reflex, Hit: You push the target 1 square, then one ally you can see may shift up to 4 squares or make a melee basic attack against the enemy

Wolf Pack Tactics – Melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+6)

Encounter powers:
Cloak of the Walking Wounded: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).)

Inspiring War Cry - Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6; Effect: One ally within 5 who can hear you can make a save)

Steel Monsoon – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6, and 4 allies within 5 can shift 1 square)

Warlord’s Favor – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6 and one ally within 5 squares gains +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:

Bastion of Defense – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6, and allies within 5 gain a +1 to all defenses for the rest of the encounter; Effect: Allies within 5 gain 7 temporary hp each)

Heroic Effort – Requirement: You must be bloodied, Effect: Each ally within 10 gains a +2 to damage as long as you are bloodied, and you gain 11 temporary hp

Lead the Attack – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6, and you & allies within 5 squares gain a +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: Gain a +1 power bonus instead)

Stand the Fallen – Melee weapon, Str (+14) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6; Effect: Each ally in 10 can spend a healing surge and gain an extra 2 hp)
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Human Warlord10 – Init +7; Speed 5; HP 74 (Bloodied 37); Healing surges/day 10 (19 hp); AC 26, Fort 24, Ref 25, Will 22; +2 Longsword +15 (1d8+6); Unaligned; Str 18, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 14

Feats: Action Surge, Bardic Dilettante, Durable, Jack of All Trades, Saving Inspiration, Shield Proficiency (Heavy), Toughness

Special abilities: Combat Leader (you + allies within 10 who see & hear you get +3 to initiative); Commanding Presence (Tactical Presence: allies using an action point to attack who can see you gain +2 to hit); Inspiring Word (close burst 5; target can use a healing surge, and regain an extra 2d6 hit pts or make a saving throw)

Skills: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +12, Insight +10, Intimidate +12, Streetwise +12; Untrained: Acrobatics +3, Arcana +11, Athletics +7, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +4, History +11, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +11, Stealth +2, Thievery +2

Equipment: +2 Finemail Chain Tactician’s Armor (10th), +2 Terror longsword (9th), +3 Amulet of Protection (11th), Heavy Throwing Shield (6th), Goggles of Aura Sight (5th), Belt of Vigor (2nd – 520 gp), Acrobat Boots (2nd – 520 gp), adventurer’s kit + 345 gp

At-will powers:

Commander’s Strike – Melee weapon (One ally makes a melee basic attack, gaining +5 to damage)

Opening Shove – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. Reflex, Hit: You push the target 1 square, then one ally you can see may shift up to 4 squares or make a melee basic attack against the enemy

Throwing Shield – Make an attack: Ranged 10; +11 vs. AC; 1d8+4 damage. The shield automatically returns to your grip after the attack.

Wolf Pack Tactics – Melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+6)

Encounter powers:
Goggles of Aura Sight – Minor, Choose target within 10 & learn its current and maximum hit point values, any current disease or poison conditions on the target, and any disease or poison effect the target can deal.

Inspiring War Cry - Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6; Effect: One ally within 5 who can hear you can make a save)

Follow Me In – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6, and one ally within 10 gains +2 power bonus to speed until the end of your next turn; if the ally charges while the bonus is in effect, the movement during the charge does not provoke OAs); Special: This power can be used during a charge instead of a melee basic attack.

Warlord’s Favor – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6 and one ally within 5 squares gains +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:
Disheartening Flurry – Melee weapon, all enemies in close burst 1, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6, or half damage on a miss); Effect: The target takes a -2 to saves till the end of the encounter

Heroic Effort – Requirement: You must be bloodied, Effect: Each ally within 10 gains a +2 to damage as long as you are bloodied, and you gain 11 temporary hp

Instant Planning – Minor, close burst 5, until the end of your next turn, you and each ally in burst gains a +2 power bonus to attack, a +2 power bonus to speed, or a +5 power bonus to all defenses

Lead the Attack – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6, and you & allies within 5 squares gain a +5 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: Gain a +1 power bonus instead)

Stand the Fallen – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6; Effect: Each ally in 10 can spend a healing surge and gain an extra 2 hp)

Terror Weapon – Fear. Free. Use after you hit with the weapon. Target takes a –2 penalty to all defenses (save ends).

Throwing Shield – Free. Use after you hit a target with this shield’s ranged attack. The target is pushed 1 square.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:21 am

Human Warlord (Battle Captain) 11 – Init +4; Speed 6; HP 86 (Bloodied 43); Healing surges/day 11 (21 hp); AC 27, Fort 25, Ref 27, Will 22; +2 Dread Longsword +15 (1d8+6; +2d6 on crits); Unaligned; Str 18, Con 14, Dex 9, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 14

Feats: Action Surge, Bardic Dilettante, Durable, Fight On, Jack of All Trades, Saving Inspiration, Tactical Assault, Toughness

Special abilities:
Battlefront Leader (gain heavy shield proficiency + battlefront shift power)
Commanding Presence (Tactical Presence: allies using an action point to attack who can see you gain +2 to hit)
Inspiring Word (close burst 5; target can use a healing surge, and regain an extra 3d6 hit pts or make a saving throw)
Battle Action (when you spend an action point to take an extra action, allies gain a +1 bonus to attack till the start of your next turn)
Cry Havoc (On the first round of combat, or both the first and the surprise round if your allies gain a surprise round, allies who start their turn within 10 squares of you gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls)

Skills: Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Heal +13, Insight +11, Intimidate +12, Streetwise +12; Untrained: Acrobatics +4, Arcana +12, Athletics +8, Dungeoneering +8, Endurance +6, History +12, Nature +8, Perception +8, Religion +12, Stealth +3, Thievery +3

Equipment: +3 Drowmesh Leather Armor of Sudden Recovery (13th – 17000 gp), +2 Dread Longsword (8th – 3400 gp), +3 Amulet of Protection (11th – 9000 gp), Goggles of Aura Sight (5th – 1000 gp), Gloves of Piercing (3rd – 680 gp), Acrobat Boots (2nd – 520 gp), Heavy Shield (10 gp), adventurer’s kit + 390 gp

Always on powers:
Dread Weapon – On a critical hit the target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus (+2) as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.

At-will powers:

Commander’s Strike – Melee weapon (One ally makes a melee basic attack, gaining +5 to damage)

Opening Shove – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. Reflex, Hit: You push the target 1 square, then one ally you can see may shift up to 5 squares or make a melee basic attack against the enemy

Wolf Pack Tactics – Melee weapon, Special (before you attack, let one ally adjacent to you or to target shift 1 square as a free action), Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+6)

Encounter powers:

Battlefront Shift – No action, Trigger: When you roll initiative, Effect: You or one ally in close burst 3 can shift half their speed

(Battle Captain Level 11) Force Retreat - Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. Ref (Hit: 1d8+6, and you push the target 5 squares & make a secondary attack against each enemy that was adjacent to the primary target, is its size or smaller, and is within your melee reach; Secondary attack: Str (+16) vs. Fort (Hit: 2d6+7 and you push the secondary target 1 square)

Goggles of Aura Sight – Minor, Choose target within 10 & learn its current and maximum hit point values, any current disease or poison conditions on the target, and any disease or poison effect the target can deal.

(Level 1) Tactician’s Invitation – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6, and the next ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn, can slide the target 2 squares, shift 2 squares, or deal 4 extra damage to the target)

Inspiring Word (usable 3/encounter, but only 1/rd) – Minor, close burst 5, you or 1 ally can spend a healing surge and either regain an additional 3d6 hit pts or make a saving throw

(Level 6 Utility) Rousing Words – Minor, you or one ally in close burst 5 can spend 2 healing surges

(Level 2 Utility) Shake it Off – Minor, you or one ally within 10 makes a saving throw with a +2 bonus

(Level 7) Stirring Force – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6, and any ally within 2 can make a saving throw)

(Level 1) Warlord’s Favor – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6 and one ally within 5 squares gains +6 power bonus to attacks vs. the target till the end of your next turn)

Daily powers:
Armor of Sudden Recovery – Minor. You can use this power when you’re taking ongoing damage. The ongoing damage ends, and you gain regeneration equal to the amount of the ongoing damage until the end of the encounter.

(Level 9) Disheartening Flurry – Melee weapon, all enemies in close burst 1, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 2d8+6, or half damage on a miss); Effect: The target takes a -2 to saves till the end of the encounter

Dread Weapon (Fear) – Free. Use this power when you hit with this weapon. The target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus (+2) as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.

(Level 5) Exemplar of Action – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 1d8+6, and the target is weakened and grants combat advantage (save ends both), plus until the target is no longer affected, your and your allies’ attacks do 5 extra damage; Miss: The target is weakened and grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn, plus your and your allies’ attacks deal 2 extra damage against the target until the end of your next turn.)

Gloves of Piercing – Minor, until the end of the encounter, your attacks ignore any resistance of 10 or lower.

(Level 1) Lead the Attack – Melee weapon, Str (+15) vs. AC (Hit: 3d8+6, and you & allies within 5 squares gain a +6 power bonus to attacks vs. the target until end of encounter; Miss: Gain a +1 power bonus instead)

Majestic Word – Minor, close burst 5, you or an ally can spend a healing surge, regain an extra 2d6+2 hp, and slide 1

(Level 10 Utility) Strength of Conviction – Minor, each ally in close burst 5 can spend a healing surge. Until the end of the encounter, your healing powers restore maximum hit points possible.

Last edited by shilsen on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:24 pm

I switched out Artichoke's Combat Leader class feature for Battlefront Leader (from Martial Power 2). Which means that the rest of the PCs no longer get the +2 to initiative from having Artichoke around. But since it freed up a feat for me, they now get +5 to damage on any attacks gained by spending an AP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Captain Artichoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Artichoke   Captain Artichoke Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Artichoke
Page 1 of 1