The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Return of the Unforgiven

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Rolzup wrote:
OOC: So it seems. Whether Fagin is willing to desert his bride or not, I cannot even BEGIN to speculate.

You should reverse the order. Z'roa's smart enough to know that sometimes deserting Fagin (and the rest of you) only increases one's chances of survival.

Mallus wrote:
"Yes" says Yatagan reverently. "It shows you do not fear. You are larger than fear. Your darkest hour is transformed into a celebration. Many faiths commemorate their deities suffering; getting eaten by an eagle, getting nailed to a post. Triumph over dire situations like these become symbols your trans-mortal nature. Symbols of hope. Trust me, it's theological classic.

Much like 'my wife is so fat' jokes to a comedian. Which, in truth, I never understood. Is not a fat wife full of eggs? Surely this is a desirable quality in a mate."

"Bah!" Kamapua grunts. "Those faiths are stupid! I don't want to commemorate my suffering. I've had more than enough of that crap in the Hells. Now it's time to commemorate my joys and pleasures." His beady red eyes gaze suspiciously at Yatagan. "And did you just try to educate me in theology?"

Evidently Kamapua woke up on the wrong side of the cabin this morning.

Quote :
"Are you speaking to another Aspect of your divine self?" asks Yatagan, somewhat confused.

"No! I'm the only Aspect. Me. Kamapua!"

Quote :
OOC: unless people want to talk him into sticking together. Also, he didn't intend to guard Kamapua alone.

Kamapua does have the three feral ghost kids, and you can leave Anefsina and Z'roa (who has no intention of accompanying you on a rowboat to shore) to keep an eye on him too. Plus the ship should only be a couple of hours behind you, anyway.

Your call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Pogsley looks over at Yatagan with one bulging eye while keeping his other on the oversized zombie, physically contorting his face in a manner that must be painful.

"Pogsley can stay on ship. Take care of pig. Keep eye on flesh-quilt man and big dead thing."

Last edited by gridley on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:12 pm

shilsen wrote:
"His beady red eyes gaze suspiciously at Yatagan. "And did you just try to educate me in theology?"
"Not that I'm aware of!" says Yatagan, with his typical mix of obliviousness, glad-handing, and infectious good cheer. "I merely wanted to give you a mortal perspective. We --he really means 'they'-- go in for that sort of stuff. When opiating the masses, you can't go wrong with transforming the terror of death into the promise of life, or at the very least, the promise of a full belly."

"But I shall defer to your wisdom, o mighty Kamapua."

Quote :
"No! I'm the only Aspect. Me. Kamapua!"
"Indivisible and non-tripartite, got it." Yatagan scribbles furiously in his journal.

gridley wrote:
"Pogsley can stay on ship. Take care of pig. Keep eye on flesh-quilt man and big dead thing."
"Then his safety is assured!" cries Yatagan. "I shall take the launch with the rest of the Swynod. They are more likely to require my ministrations."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 am

Shortly after dawn, the Unforgiven drops anchor a couple of miles from land and lowers its boat, containing the adventurers and a couple of brawny sailors to row them to shore. A few of the other passengers and members of the crew stand around watching.

One of the watchers is visible only to Vox. Mister Magncelsus is lounging on the sterncastle on what looks like an odd folding chair, evidently constructed of the still flesh-covered limbs of a number of particularly thin humanoids, with thicker folds of skin creating a seat and a backrest. Both the chair and its occupant exist on the Other Side, which is why only the shadar-kai's vision can perceive them. Clearly knowing that is the case, Mister Magnacelsus (who seems to be whittling something with a small knife) smiles and makes a bow in Vox's direction, before returning to his whittling.

Once the boat reaches the water, the sailors begin to row, steadily propelling it towards the Port, which is clearly visible. The trip is fairly uneventful, except for being intercepted by a small pinnace belonging to the Port's navy. The vessel, clearly too small to risk on the Aster, is one of many which stay close to the docks and aid in their functioning. Its captain, a grizzled eladrin, leans over the rail and asks who the visitors are and what their business is at the Port. Once they identify themselves, there's a small pause while she asks them to wait and leaves the rail, returning in a couple of minutes to say they are free to continue on.

When the boat eventually reaches the docks, weaving back and forth through the many ships and smaller vessels in the area, the adventurers find a statuesque figure awaiting them. As promised by Artichoke in the sendings, Miss Roxy Dare Hurrah is ready and waiting for them. Behind her stands a large and sturdy wagon drawn by a pair of oxen.

Last edited by shilsen on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:48 am

shilsen wrote:
Miss Roxy Dare is ready and waiting for them.

ooc: Sounds like Fagin wasn't the only one getting married!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 am

gridley wrote:
shilsen wrote:
Miss Roxy Dare is ready and waiting for them.

ooc: Sounds like Fagin wasn't the only one getting married!

Hah! I'm almost tempted, but ... alas, that's just a typo on my part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:17 am

shilsen wrote:

When the boat eventually reaches the docks, weaving back and forth through the many ships and smaller vessels in the area, the adventurers find a statuesque figure awaiting them. As promised by Artichoke in the sendings, Miss Roxy Dare Hurrah is ready and waiting for them. Behind her stands a large and sturdy wagon drawn by a pair of oxen.

"Oh, my darlings!" says Roxy, hitching up her tight-fitting dress, so that she can bend down and tie your boat to the dock. "How was the wedding? Was it lovely? Did you enjoy the Hells?"

Once they're on dry land, she gestures to the covered wagon. "We'll be traveling in style as always with these terribly glamorous oxen. Do try to stay in the back though as there's a bit of a situation here in town."

Once the crew is safely hidden away in the wagon, Roxy explains. "I'm afraid that the word is out about your lost city. Scatter must have loose lips because the Governor himself has gotten involved. They've shutdown that whole section of Goblintown and sealed the entrance. There's been talk about arrests and executions, but your lawyer, that Artichoke man, has been dealing with the magistrates and says everything will be just fine. Especially now that's he recovered from the attack."

Peeking outside, you notice that Roxy is taking you back to stately swine manor in just about the most indirect route possible, riding down only the most deserted streets in the city, and steering well clear of the Eladrin Cathedral.

"Oh, the attack? Yes, he was apparently ambushed by some Eladrin-to-Goblin transracial priest. Fortunately, that murderous cat that your archer keeps was about and saved him. Unfortunately, he plain Eladrin seem to have it in for you as well. They've done some mumbo jumbo to Paetros. Christabel and Asarlai have been trying to save him, but it's been tough going."

Roxy stops to let a gaggle of drunken snake people slither by, waving at a few of them.

"I've been away, learning some new tricks and only just gotten back. But we're all here now and that lawyer fellow even says he has a scheme to smooth things over with the Eladrin once I get you back to the house."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:37 am

gridley wrote:
"How was the wedding?"
"Violent."

Quote :
Was it lovely?
"Rather."

Quote :
Did you enjoy the Hells?"
Surprisingly, yes. I believe I could have quite the career there."

Quote :
"I'm afraid that the word is out about your lost city. Scatter must have loose lips because the Governor himself has gotten involved. They've shutdown that whole section of Goblintown and sealed the entrance. There's been talk about arrests and executions, but your lawyer, that Artichoke man, has been dealing with the magistrates and says everything will be just fine. Especially now that's he recovered from the attack."
"Splendid! This is a tremendous opportunity to test our mettle, our cunning, and in my case, nascent divinity! A fitting challenge for heroes just recently free of Hell's hot wiles."

Quote :
Yes, he was apparently ambushed by some Eladrin-to-Goblin transracial priest. Fortunately, that murderous cat that your archer keeps was about and saved him. Unfortunately, he plain Eladrin seem to have it in for you as well. They've done some mumbo jumbo to Paetros. Christabel and Asarlai have been trying to save him, but it's been tough going."
"Those nancy ingrates! I grant them the honor of their *own* goddesses transforming touch and *this* is how they repay me? I shall have words with them using my axe."

Quote :
But we're all here now and that lawyer fellow even says he has a scheme to smooth things over with the Eladrin once I get you back to the house."
"I should like to 'smooth things over' with them by razing their cathedral and paving over the spot with a concrete made from their bones. We Dragonborn have a fine recipe for just such a material. But I'll hear Artichoke's plan. Perhaps we need to bide our time. But this will not stand! I made friends in the Hells, and in the Interior..."

(or at least Yatagan *believes* he did)

OOC: bravo for 'transracial'.

Last edited by Mallus on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 am

OOC: can this be the start of the Glorious Revolution? It sounds like goblins are being oppressed (more).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am

Mallus wrote:
OOC: bravo for 'transracial'.

Seconded!

Quote :
OOC: can this be the start of the Glorious Revolution? It sounds like goblins are being oppressed (more).

Only time will tell, but yes, it doesn't look like having an ancient dragonborn city discovered under the Port and the goblins busy digging it up has worked out in their favor.

BTW, the wagon was sent so that you could load Kamapua in it and transport him to the mansion. But if you decide to not wait for the ship but go there yourselves first, that's fine too. The Unforgiven will come in about 3 hrs after you do, so there is time to make it to the mansion and back to the docks, if you want.

What do you prefer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:52 am

shilsen wrote:
One of the watchers is visible only to Vox. Mister Magncelsus is lounging on the sterncastle on what looks like an odd folding chair, evidently constructed of the still flesh-covered limbs of a number of particularly thin humanoids, with thicker folds of skin creating a seat and a backrest. Both the chair and its occupant exist on the Other Side, which is why only the shadar-kai's vision can perceive them. Clearly knowing that is the case, Mister Magnacelsus (who seems to be whittling something with a small knife) smiles and makes a bow in Vox's direction, before returning to his whittling.

"I swear, I am going to double-kill that smug bastard," Vox decides, as he throws a cheery wave back towards Magnacelsus.

Quote :
"I've been away, learning some new tricks and only just gotten back. But we're all here now and that lawyer fellow even says he has a scheme to smooth things over with the Eladrin once I get you back to the house."

"Lovely. How a bald man manages to come up with such hair-brained schemes is one of the mysteries of the ages." Dexter scurries up to Vox shoulder, fingers twitching, and the bureaucrat scowls. "No, I'm not being fair. No, I don't give a damn. I'm irked, by damn! Fucking Magnacelsus and his fucking smile, and his fucking fashionable clothes, and...."

Vox tone drops to a mutter as he continues on in this vein, invoking a vareity of curses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 am

shilsen wrote:
What do you prefer?
OOC: Yatagan's 'plan' was to scout out the docks and prevent an ambush by Eldadrin, or whoever else might want us dead. So his vote is for looking around and waiting for the Unforgiven.

Rolzup wrote:
...double-kill...
OOC: and bravo for this!

Rolzup wrote:
"Fucking Magnacelsus and his fucking smile, and his fucking fashionable clothes, and...."
"Have no fear, Mr. Cadaveris! Magnacelsus shall be declared an enemy of the people and of the Swynod! We'll roast the corrupt tatter he calls a soul over a pit of burning Eladrin clerics!" Hell is a good fit for Yatagan.

It's likely he's has already forgotten Magnacelsus in the newly-appointed ambassador.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Mallus wrote:
shilsen wrote:
What do you prefer?
OOC: Yatagan's 'plan' was to scout out the docks and prevent an ambush by Eldadrin, or whoever else might want us dead. So his vote is for looking around and waiting for the Unforgiven.

ooc: Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Mallus wrote:

"You're an infamous figure, Yatigan. Well known, by all and sundry. Your presence will soon become public knowledge, and will almost certainly attract trouble. Which could work to our advantage, if we're prepared.."

Mallus wrote:
"Have no fear, Mr. Cadaveris! Magnacelsus shall be declared an enemy of the people and of the Swynod! We'll roast the corrupt tatter he calls a soul over a pit of burning Eladrin clerics!" Hell is a good fit for Yatagan.

"It won't be that easy," Vox says darkly. "It never is, with his sort."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Mallus wrote:
It's likely he's has already forgotten Magnacelsus in the newly-appointed ambassador.

That does sound quite appropriate.

Mallus wrote:

gridley wrote:
ooc: Sounds good to me.

At Yatagan's suggestion, the Swynod spreads out to sweep the docks, each in their distinct way. There is, however, no sign of the eladrin or anyone else setting up an ambush for them. They do, however, draw some attention--and a few whispers which betray anything from amusement to concern--from dock-workers, sailors, merchants, guards and some other the people in the area.

After a good couple of hours, the Unforgiven eventually sails in to the docks, towed and guided the latter part of the way by smaller vessels, till it eventually docks. Evidently nothing untoward happened since the Swynod left.

Over the better part of the next hour, the various people--and creatures--accompanying them disembark. The giant boar waddling down the gangplank would normally have drawn most attention, but Kamapua's effect is muted by the fact that Mister Magnacelsus precedes him by a few minutes. If the new Ambassador's distinctive appearance didn't draw attention, the fact that he is accompanied by the huge kuo-toan zombie certainly does so. Magnacelsus pauses to bid the adventurers goodbye. "It was a pleasure meeting you, one that I hope to revisit soon," he says with an exaggeratedly urbane smile. "I shall continue to watch your future mis ... I mean adventures, beg pardon, with great interest. And please, if you ever have friends and relatives who happen to die and need disposal without jumping through hoops of red tape," he says, eyes twinkling and studiously not catching Vox's eye, "Don't forget to contact me." With a parting smile, he makes his way to a waiting coach and boards it. bestowing a last magisterial wave on the adventurers before it departs. A large flatbed wagon follows it, carrying his zombies and Thrusty Robert, while the huge kuo-toan walks beside the wagon.

Once Magnacelsus is gone and Kamapua has disembarked, the pig-god is quickly taken onto the sturdy wagon provided by Artichoke. His three ghost-protectors go with him as well. Z'roa, after landing, tells Fagin and the others that she will leave and make her own way to the family establishment, saying that Fagin can stop by the next day. Anefsina, on the other hand, will accompany the adventurers.

If all of them ride in the back with Kamapua, it'll be very crowded, so the Swynod have the option of where to bestow themselves. Once decisions have been made and seats taken, Roxy clicks her tongue to the oxen and the wagon moves off.

OOC: You can just presume Steve's previous post from Roxy happens at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Pogsley will ride on one of the oxen. When he gets home, he refuses to take a bath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:49 pm

gridley wrote:
Pogsley will ride on one of the oxen. When he gets home, he refuses to take a bath.

Of course he does (on both counts). But first...

With most of the adventurers inside the wagon, it draws much less attention than the members of the League are used to attracting when traveling together. Even the sight of the statuesque and muscularly attractive figure driving the wagon or the heavily armed goblin riding one of the oxen passes with little apparent notice or comment from passersby, being quite unremarkable in comparison to all the sights that pass along the streets of the Port.

The first people to take significant notice of the passing wagon are four goblin porters, trudging down the street with heavy packs on their back. One notices them first and stares at the wagon--or, more precisely, Pogsley--for a couple of moments, before hurriedly calling to her companions and then hurrying over. The others, after a second of confusion, follow.

Stopping near the oxen, the lead goblin huffs for a moment as she attempts to catch her breath and then says, excitedly, "Pogsley - you're back! Did your ... er, big friends come with you?"

Before Pogsley can respond, another goblin, this one with particularly long legs, hisses loudly in what he presumably thinks is a whisper, "You gotta hide! The cops have a reward out for you! And them!"

A third, smaller goblin waves his arms excitedly, almost causing his pack to fall off his back before he grabs it hurriedly. "No, stupid! They took away the reward. They took it down four days ago. I checked."

The fourth and last goblin, a broad figure with extremely short legs, finally arrives as the third one is speaking. She looks at him suspiciously and says, "How'd you know? You been talking to the cops?!"

"No!" squeaks the third one indignantly. "Why would I? You've been talking to the cops!"

"Have not! You have! Traitor!"

"No! You! Stupid!"

The two goblins drop their packs and square up to each other, fists raised. The other pair start yelling, at their friends and each other, with no clear indication of whether they're trying to help or hinder the fight. All four momentarily ignore Pogsley (and the wagon and Roxy). Clearly these are not the revolutionaries with razor-sharp intellects that you are looking for.

OOC: Going by what Roxy knows, if the goblin's accurate about when the reward on you was taken down, it's the day after Artichoke had the meeting with the magistrates from which he was returning when attacked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

shilsen wrote:

Stopping near the oxen, the lead goblin huffs for a moment as she attempts to catch her breath and then says, excitedly, "Pogsley - you're back! Did your ... er, big friends come with you?"

"No!" lies Pogsley. "They all... umm... got shot out of cannons... at... ummm... giant kittens... that work for two-headed baboon guy... They all eaten now! Pogsley the only survivor!"

[Bluff check: 20]

shilsen wrote:
Before Pogsley can respond, another goblin, this one with particularly long legs, hisses loudly in what he presumably thinks is a whisper, "You gotta hide! The cops have a reward out for you! And them!"

"There reward for Pogsley? Is there picture of Pogsley on poster? Pogsley want one to show mom in case she ever want to meet Pogsley."

shilsen wrote:
A third, smaller goblin waves his arms excitedly, almost causing his pack to fall off his back before he grabs it hurriedly. "No, stupid! They took away the reward. They took it down four days ago. I checked."

The fourth and last goblin, a broad figure with extremely short legs, finally arrives as the third one is speaking. She looks at him suspiciously and says, "How'd you know? You been talking to the cops?!"

"No!" squeaks the third one indignantly. "Why would I? You've been talking to the cops!"

Pogsley gets irritated by this. "Talking to the cops is soooo boozhee! What did Pogsley tell you about being boozhee! Comrades don't be snitching!"

shilsen wrote:
"Have not! You have! Traitor!"

"No! You! Stupid!"

The two goblins drop their packs and square up to each other, fists raised. The other pair start yelling, at their friends and each other, with no clear indication of whether they're trying to help or hinder the fight. All four momentarily ignore Pogsley (and the wagon and Roxy). Clearly these are not the revolutionaries with razor-sharp intellects that you are looking for.

Pogsley slaps his head and tells Roxy to keep going.

Last edited by gridley on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30 am

gridley wrote:
Magnacelsus pauses to bid the adventurers goodbye. "It was a pleasure meeting you, one that I hope to revisit soon," he says with an exaggeratedly urbane smile. "I shall continue to watch your future mis ... I mean adventures, beg pardon, with great interest. And please, if you ever have friends and relatives who happen to die and need disposal without jumping through hoops of red tape," he says, eyes twinkling and studiously not catching Vox's eye, "Don't forget to contact me." With a parting smile, he makes his way to a waiting coach and boards it. bestowing a last magisterial wave on the adventurers before it departs. A large flatbed wagon follows it, carrying his zombies and Thrusty Robert, while the huge kuo-toan walks beside the wagon.

"My life now has a purpose." Vox stands resolute, watching Magnacelsus' wagon depart, a smile riveted in place. He removes his hat, letting the ocean winds rustle his thinning hair, and closes his eyes. "I will make that patchwork bastard suffer, I will. I will make his alleged life as difficult as inhumanly possible, I will humiliate and frustrate him, and in the end? He will die in MY territory, and be tangled in so much red tape that all the fires of Hell will be insufficient to burn him free. He will wait in the Line that Has No End, with Form 116632.001223, Schedule Gamma Zed Omega III, clutched to his chest, and he will know the pain of having to fill out all 3,462,817 pages in blood, and in triplicate.

"And I will look upon him, and sip coffee, and I will smile, and be content."

Vox's pulls a quill from the shadow of his coat, and a notebook from one pocket. "This much, I swear," he says as he writes Magnacelsus' name. And then underlines it.

Thrice.

"So. Shall we leave , then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"My life now has a purpose." Vox stands resolute, watching Magnacelsus' wagon depart, a smile riveted in place. He removes his hat, letting the ocean winds rustle his thinning hair, and closes his eyes. "I will make that patchwork bastard suffer, I will. I will make his alleged life as difficult as inhumanly possible, I will humiliate and frustrate him, and in the end? He will die in MY territory, and be tangled in so much red tape that all the fires of Hell will be insufficient to burn him free. He will wait in the Line that Has No End, with Form 116632.001223, Schedule Gamma Zed Omega III, clutched to his chest, and he will know the pain of having to fill out all 3,462,817 pages in blood, and in triplicate.

"And I will look upon him, and sip coffee, and I will smile, and be content."

Vox's pulls a quill from the shadow of his coat, and a notebook from one pocket. "This much, I swear," he says as he writes Magnacelsus' name. And then underlines it.

Thrice.

OOC: Aw, man - that's beautiful! *wipes away tear*

gridley wrote:
"No!" lies Pogsley. "They all... umm... got shot out of cannons... at... ummm... giant kittens... that work for two-headed baboon guy... They all eaten now! Pogsley the only survivor!"

[Bluff check: 20]

Luckily, Pogsley's (for lack of a better word) kinsfolk aren't that quick on the uptake and are swiftly distracted by the impending fight, so they don't seem to notice his prevarication.

shilsen wrote:
"There reward for Pogsley? Is there picture of Pogsley on poster? Pogsley want one to show mom in case she ever want to meet Pogsley."

While the two goblins square up to each other and the first one now shouts abuse (and perhaps encouragement, though it's hard to be sure) at them both, the long-legged goblin slightly sheepishly says, "Umm ... yeah. I gotta poster." He hurriedly adds, clearly concerned that Pogsley might get the wrong idea, "For souvenir only! You can keep it!"

He reaches in a ratty pack on his back, digs around for a bit and then extracts a large and now-grimy poster, which he extends to Pogsley. On the front, in bold letters, it says, "Reward offered for information about these individuals!"

Below the words is a good-sized picture of Yatagan, Fagin, Lizzy and Pogsley. The artist, whoever it is, has done quite a good job of capturing their appearance and making them look slightly more menacing than they usually do.

Below the picture it says, in even bolder text, "These people are dangerous! Do NOT attempt to apprehend them if spotted! Call for bailiffs immediately!"

The goblin grins up at Pogsley and says enthusiastically, "Pretty picture, no?" When certain that he's not going to get in trouble, he adds, with a touch of awkwardness, "Look better in real life!"

Quote :
Pogsley gets irritated by this. "Talking to the cops is soooo bougie! What did Pogsley tell you about being bougie! Comrades don't be snitching!"

Alas, the goblins are too busy to realize that they might be class traitors. Especially once one bops the other on the nose and a fight begins in earnest. Which immediately escalates as the third goblin leaps in.

Quote :
Pogsley slaps his head and tells Roxy to keep going.

If it's clear that they are leaving, the remaining goblin trots a few steps beside the wagon, his long legs easily keeping pace with it. "Good to see you, Pogsley ... er, comrade Pogsley. I tell everyone you return. Up the revolution!" He makes a half-assed salute and then stops, looking after the wagon for a few moments before rushing back to the fight and jumping in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:56 am

"Why in the Aster are there warrants for our arrest?" Yatagan looks visibly, nay, theatrically perplexed. He's also a little flushed from the effort it took to keep his mouth shut with the goblins.

"Obviously there has been a gross misunderstanding. We are the liberators of stolen gods and finders of lost cities! I wonder why Artichoke hasn't explained this to the authorities -- wait, it must all be part of his plan!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Mallus wrote:
"Why in the Aster are there warrants for our arrest?" Yatagan looks visibly, nay, theatrically perplexed. He's also a little flushed from the effort it took to keep his mouth shut with the goblins.

"Obviously there has been a gross misunderstanding. We are the liberators of stolen gods and finders of lost cities! I wonder why Artichoke hasn't explained this to the authorities -- wait, it must all be part of his plan!"

Vox's laughter is more than usually hollow. "Yes. A plan. Without question. Artichoke is known for those. But at least the warrant has been rescinded."

"Even more happily," he adds after a moment's though, "I was never part of the warrant! Perhaps there's someone with some sense involved after all!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:51 pm

The wagon rolls onward through the streets of the Port, Roxy guiding it along the circuitous route that Artichoke had suggested. Once it leaves the goblins behind, it again ceases to draw any real attention and the chosen route does keep it as far away from the eladrin cathedral as is possible while heading to Swine Manor.

Unfortunately, even the good Captain's plans seem to have their limitations, as is often the case when involving members of the newly created Swynod. The wagon is about to reach a T-junction only about five minutes from the Manor when three cloaked and hooded figures appear in the middle of the junction ahead of it. The fact that they do not step onto the street but evidently teleport in provides enough of an indication to their identity, as is confirmed when they push back their hoods, revealing the pale, angular features of eladrin.

The leader, a tall, gaunt eladrin man holding a staff, lifts his right hand and says in a commanding voice, "Halt!" The two eladrin women bracketing him, both of them shorter and significantly more muscular, push back their cloaks to reveal gleaming eladrin mail and longswords in their hands.

Simultaneously, more figures teleport--and in a few cases, run--out of the two smaller streets that open onto this one in the general vicinity of the wagon. Most appear to be eladrin, but there are a few elves within the group too. In barely an instant, Roxy and Pogsley have over a dozen fey standing around their wagon, pointing wands, leveling arrows and readying swords.

The few people who were on the street look around with surprise and then hurriedly make their way towards parts unknown. Heads appear at some of the windows overlooking the street and there are one or two muted cries of "Mama - there's a fight starting outside! I think Baldy's other Bastards are back!"

Inside the wagon, Kamapua gives a disgruntled snort and looks at the Swynod with his deep red piggy eyes. "So how many people want you dead?"

OOC: We'll handle any violence at the game on Friday, but that gives us some time for smack talk and monologuing. Have at it.

Also, remember that everyone besides Roxy and Pogsley is inside the wagon at the moment. There are narrow slits in the side so you can see and hear what goes on outside, which means teleporting out is an option too, in case that comes up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm

"Gather round, my Swynod of the Radiant Seed of Hidden Justice" whispers Yatagan loudly, trying to invoke all the gods he's pledged to simultaneously. Leaning forward towards the Roxy and Pogsley, Yatagan prays for strength of arms and mouth --using Wrath of the Gods, followed by Befriend. As the old Magna Publica Machina saying goes: talk loudly and carry a big stick covered with radium.

In his gleaming armor adorned with a bright red cross, which, coincidentally enough, is the symbol used by archers in certain parts of the Port in place of the bulls-eyes, Yatagan steps out onto the cab. The whole wagon tips forward for a moment.

"Let us not be hasty" booms the paladin with ingratiating menace. "Do you really want to stand in our way? We've beaten Dagon's spawn, outwitted demons in the City of Brass, killed immortals with abandon in Abaddon, why some of us have even been greased and fired out of a cannon *into* the plains of Avernus and lived to tell the tale!"

"Ask yourselves, is it worth it? Really?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of the Unforgiven   

Back to top Go down

The Return of the Unforgiven
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next