The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Best Laid Plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 am

Mallus wrote:
"An ancient ritual. According to Illuyankas it lies buried in one of the city's time-frozen zones. The dragon-melek was attempting to unearth it when he was captured. Ascertaining the location shouldn't be difficult. Surely their were witnesses. Of course, the boring through solid rock part is another matter. My kingdom for a mechanical digging machine like the one we used on the Eladrin cathedral!

Yatagan pauses for a moment in thought, or some reasonable simulacrum thereof.

"The ritual you wanted from the Cult? I seriously doubt it's just lying buried somewhere, but ...," she pauses, as a grin which equally combines amusement and appreciation spreads across her face, "...now you've got me wondering if the Cult actually lost to the ritual the last time it was used. If they have--and that is a big if--then the reputation they've been working on is at least partly a bluff." She chuckles and then shrugs. "Anyway, I'm just conjecturing aloud."

Quote :
"To be honest, it's probable the ritual is what Illuyankas was referring to. He was speaking prophetically, which is lovely mode of language but often lacks for concrete details. For all I know, an egg containing another incarnation of my ascendant self lies buried here in sulfurous rock. Or perhaps my future wife."

O-kay! Chakram smiles blandly, managing to keep from rolling her eyes. Yup - they are nuts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:19 am

shilsen wrote:
"Anyway, I'm just conjecturing aloud."
"We'll have proof soon enough. Let us begin the hunt!"

Quote :
Yup - they are nuts!
OOC: Yatagan's not nuts. He's religious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:23 am

"Oh yeah, let's get this fucking ritual so I can bring peace and prosperity to the goblins. BTW Yats, I'd like to talk to you when you have a moment about my 5 year plan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 am

ooc: Just to be perfectly clear, Illuyankas was digging in the diamond-hard obsidian flow that covers the former site of Pandemonium on the island of Avernus, not in one of the sections of the city that was transported to Brass by the ritual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:57 am

gridley wrote:
ooc: Just to be perfectly clear, Illuyankas was digging in the diamond-hard obsidian flow that covers the former site of Pandemonium on the island of Avernus, not in one of the sections of the city that was transported to Brass by the ritual.

Pah! Like that would stop Yatagan from looking somewhere completely different Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 pm

gridley wrote:
OOC: Yatagan would have written that down, so in this case, it's my stupidity and not his! Let's pretend he said 'the obsidian flows of Avernus' and not the transported neighborhoods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: Yatagan would have written that down, so in this case, it's my stupidity and not his! Let's pretend he said 'the obsidian flows of Avernus' and not the transported neighborhoods.

OOC: Sounds good. Steve - are there any restrictions on people going to Avernus and esp. the former site of Pandemonium? Or any other dangers there that Chakram might know about? I'll just take 10 for a 27 on Streetwise to see if she does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Yatagan will inquire with Captain Screwtape, or her first mate, about hiring the ship for a quick trip to Avernus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:54 pm

shilsen wrote:
OOC: Sounds good. Steve - are there any restrictions on people going to Avernus and esp. the former site of Pandemonium? Or any other dangers there that Chakram might know about? I'll just take 10 for a 27 on Streetwise to see if she does.

Chakram has never been there, but she's heard that the site is depressingly desolate. There have been some archeological attempts to excavate parts of the city, but in all cases, the methods of digging through the maddeningly hard dark crystal proved either fruitless or far too costly (even for the sickeningly rich nobility of the Hells).

Even if they could reach the city, some say they shouldn't, that what's trapped below should stay below. Devotees of long dead Asmodeus still make pilgrimages to the site, many believing he will one day rise again to rule the Hells.

And, of course, Lord Graz'zt rules the island of Avernus from his city-sized palace called The Bronze Citadel, which lies to the south, far from the devastation of the great volcano.

Mallus wrote:
Yatagan will inquire with Captain Screwtape, or her first mate, about hiring the ship for a quick trip to Avernus.

"Aye," says Cuulus, still filling in for the absent Captain Screwtape. "We can take you pretty close to Pandemonium, but there's nowhere to dock there, so you'll have to take one of the dinghies to shore."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:41 pm

gridley wrote:
Chakram has never been there, but she's heard that the site is depressingly desolate. There have been some archeological attempts to excavate parts of the city, but in all cases, the methods of digging through the maddeningly hard dark crystal proved either fruitless or far too costly (even for the sickeningly rich nobility of the Hells).

Even if they could reach the city, some say they shouldn't, that what's trapped below should stay below. Devotees of long dead Asmodeus still make pilgrimages to the site, many believing he will one day rise again to rule the Hells.

And, of course, Lord Graz'zt rules the island of Avernus from his city-sized palace called The Bronze Citadel, which lies to the south, far from the devastation of the great volcano.

Chakram will fill the others in on what she knows, as well as sharing her opinion that they won't find anything useful there if even a dragon, let alone the nobility of the Hells, has been unable to. But she's happy to go there and look if they want to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:56 pm

gridley wrote:
"We can take you pretty close to Pandemonium, but there's nowhere to dock there, so you'll have to take one of the dinghies to shore."
"Splendid! There's no need for you to risk your dinghies, good Cuulus. We'll convey ourselves to shore via divine flying pigs. We need to do a spot of aerial surveying, anyway."

shilsen wrote:
Chakram will fill the others in on what she knows, as well as sharing her opinion that they won't find anything useful there if even a dragon, let alone the nobility of the Hells, has been unable to.
"The Dragon Within is my Sheppard, I shall not doubt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 am

Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
"We can take you pretty close to Pandemonium, but there's nowhere to dock there, so you'll have to take one of the dinghies to shore."
"Splendid! There's no need for you to risk your dinghies, good Cuulus. We'll convey ourselves to shore via divine flying pigs. We need to do a spot of aerial surveying, anyway."

shilsen wrote:
Chakram will fill the others in on what she knows, as well as sharing her opinion that they won't find anything useful there if even a dragon, let alone the nobility of the Hells, has been unable to.
"The Dragon Within is my Sheppard, I shall not doubt."

"You never do, Yatigan. It's an integral part of your...charm. I'll stay here, chase down some rumors, and perhaps start a few of my own. Should anything go horribly wrong, I'll attempt to contact you so that you can avenge my death in some fashion. If you can avoid stuffing my corpse full of incendiaries, though, I'd appreciate it."

OOC: I definitely can't make it tonight, so feel free to use Vox however he'll work best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:01 am

Rolzup wrote:

OOC: I definitely can't make it tonight, so feel free to use Vox however he'll work best.
OOC: sorry you can't make it John, but we should could use Paetros-in-Vox as a flying taxi service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"You never do, Yatigan. It's an integral part of your...charm. I'll stay here, chase down some rumors, and perhaps start a few of my own. Should anything go horribly wrong, I'll attempt to contact you so that you can avenge my death in some fashion. If you can avoid stuffing my corpse full of incendiaries, though, I'd appreciate it."

OOC: Nice way to extricate your PC, John. Here's hoping we see you sometime in 2011!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   

Back to top Go down

The Best Laid Plans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3