The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Best Laid Plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlatl Jones

avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:28 pm

gridley wrote:
While looking at his old neighbor, Fagin notices a middle-aged Tiefling man in front waving at him. Catching Fagin's eye, the man removes his skullcap and suddenly his face changes to that of his fiance Z'roa Pesach. She smiles and kisses a gold coin to give him luck, then puts the skullcap back in place, returning to the older man's visage. [Aid Another +2 to Fagin's bluff]

The Gepettojack's heart grows two sizes, and wheezily goes pitterpat, when he sees his Fiancee do that. "Just think of what we could do on our wedding night with two hats of disguise and twice as many orphans!" he thinks to himself excitedly, and he almost messes up the timing on his next line.

Quote :
"The judges have spoken. By a vote of three to two, the winner is Lady Kommarel. The Pesach Family will present their false god to be sacrificed here in two days time...."

The rest of her words are lost beneath the cheering and applause of the crowd.
Fagain cheers, teleporting to the roof of a nearby building and pulling out a fiddle as he does traditional yiddish dances of joy. He calls to his orphans. "Double porridge portions for everyone! Daddy's gonna be rich! And married!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Lizzy slurs, "Way to go guys! Another fucking false god killed!" Then he pukes on pogsley and falls face down in the mud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:

Fagain cheers, teleporting to the roof of a nearby building and pulling out a fiddle as he does traditional yiddish dances of joy. He calls to his orphans. "Double porridge portions for everyone! Daddy's gonna be rich! And married!"

As Fagin finishes his song, he hears clapping behind him. "That was a lovely bit of rhetoric. My brothers were uncharacteristically wise in partnering with you."

Z'roa finishes climbing up from the alley and sits down just out of view of the people on the street.

"Sorry I ran out on you the other night," she says, petting the orange cat who seems to have appeared out of thin air. "When Zerris and his goons turned up, I instinctively fled. Although, apparently I should have stuck around. From what I hear, you and your friends gave him quite a beating. A girl I know said that he closed out two bank accounts and borrowed a friend's yacht. With any luck he'll stay in hiding until your business in Hell is completed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:15 pm

ooc: Ok, you have 48 hours before the sacrifice. Maror and Charoset are making wedding arrangements at the Temple of G-LD. for tomorrow evening.

That gives y'all plenty of time for some celebrating, ritual hunting, pig god checking, condemned boss visiting, shopping, fighting, inquiring, and whatever else comes into your crazy little minds before you have to get duded up for the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Raising a flask of Pernod, Yatagan toasts Fagin as he fiddles on the roof. "To tradition!" Afterward, he congratulates the old Tielfing on a job well done. "Splendid rhetoric, Mr. Fagin! Never has their been a happier marriage of truth and cunning than on this blessed, or if you prefer, accursed, day!"

With an epic swig he finishes the last of his digestif of choice. "Still, there remains much to be done. Firstly, we must ensure divine Kamapua remains secure until we are ready to quit the Hells."

OOC: we did we leave him, exactly?

"Next we must search for the spot Illuyankas marked and retrieve the long-lost ritual of the Cult of Beautiful Pain. This should not prove difficult. Surely someone noticed the enormous dragon-melek raking the ground with its claws."

Yatagan raises his flask again, momentarily forgetting he just emptied it.

"We cannot neglect to gather intelligence on all the new enemies we made. I doubt Suweenginus, Zerris, and most of all Misquamacas will take their respective defeats lying down. Unless they do, in which case we should consider killing them where they lie."

The Dragonborn paladin makes a sad face at his flask.

"We should do these thing together. Splitting up at this juncture would not be wise. Perhaps there is even time to peruse the fabled markets of the City of Brass. I seem to be out of Pernod."

"Onward to the temporary sanctum of Lord Kamapua! Oh, and would someone give me a hand with Lizzie? The glorious revolution seems to have stalled."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: we did we leave him, exactly?

OOC: On the ship, I think.

Quote :
"Next we must search for the spot Illuyankas marked and retrieve the long-lost ritual of the Cult of Beautiful Pain. This should not prove difficult. Surely someone noticed the enormous dragon-melek raking the ground with its claws."

Yatagan raises his flask again, momentarily forgetting he just emptied it.

"We cannot neglect to gather intelligence on all the new enemies we made. I doubt Suweenginus, Zerris, and most of all Misquamacas will take their respective defeats lying down. Unless they do, in which case we should consider killing them where they lie."

"Speaking of enemies," Chakram puts in, "If you're going to continue investigating this ritual, make sure to add the Cult of Beautiful Pain to your list. Remember their message saying that you should never try to contact them again. I'd bet a fair amount that they are not going to appreciate you searching for the ritual. And are probably watching us fairly closely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 pm

shilsen wrote:
"I'd bet a fair amount that they are not going to appreciate you searching for the ritual. And are probably watching us fairly closely."
"Good point. Perhaps one of our more... discreet colleagues can ascertain if we are indeed being watched?" Yatagan winks at Vox. It's not a pretty sight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Mallus wrote:
Oh, and would someone give me a hand with Lizzie? The glorious revolution seems to have stalled."
"I was merely investigating the working conditions among this regions beer purveyors. HIC."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Mallus wrote:

"Onward to the temporary sanctum of Lord Kamapua! Oh, and would someone give me a hand with Lizzie? The glorious revolution seems to have stalled."


Back aboard the Unforbidden, things are almost disturbingly quiet. You find Kamapua where you left him, resting upon a nest of straw in the ship's hold. His taut, cooked flesh is healing quickly, although it still looks quite painful.

The tattered souls of the three human children you rescued drape themselves across his sleeping form, huddling close as through drawing warmth, sustenance even, from the great pig god.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:24 am

gridley wrote:
His taut, cooked flesh is healing quickly, although it still looks quite painful.
"Allow me, Lord Kamapua." The end of Yatagan's tail dips in supplication.

OOC: Yatagan spends a use of Lay on Hands to speed Kamapua's recovery, though he's still a little confused by the theological ramifications of calling on one deity to faith heal another.

Quote :
The tattered souls of the three human children you rescued drape themselves across his sleeping form, huddling close as through drawing warmth, sustenance even, from the great pig god.
OOC: can the rest of see the children's souls, or just Vox?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 am

Mallus wrote:
shilsen wrote:
"I'd bet a fair amount that they are not going to appreciate you searching for the ritual. And are probably watching us fairly closely."
"Good point. Perhaps one of our more... discreet colleagues can ascertain if we are indeed being watched?" Yatagan winks at Vox. It's not a pretty sight.

"That much, I can do. Unless we're being scryed upon, which we almost certainly are, but why give in to paranoia when denial has taken us so far already?"

Cloaking himself in invisibility, Vox will patrol the immediate area, looking for watchers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Cloaking himself in invisibility, Vox will patrol the immediate area, looking for watchers.

The docks are quite busy. Everywhere he sneaks, Vox sees sailors and stevedores engaged in various combinations of work and play. There are also numerous shifty-looking individuals about, although no more perhaps than might be seen hanging about the docks back home on any given day. No one, however, is betraying a particularly obvious interest in The Unforbidden.

Mallus wrote:
OOC: can the rest of see the children's souls, or just Vox?

ooc: Yes, for some reason these three spirits are quite visible in the material world. They are however translucent and, presumably, insubstantial.

Mallus wrote:

"Allow me, Lord Kamapua." The end of Yatagan's tail dips in supplication.

OOC: Yatagan spends a use of Lay on Hands to speed Kamapua's recovery, though he's still a little confused by the theological ramifications of calling on one deity to faith heal another.

As Yatagan approaches Kamapua, two of the ghost children are suddenly standing in front of him, staring up at him. One reaches out and touches the paladin with a tattered hand. Instantly the Dragonborn's cold blood turns to ice in his veins and he must fight an impulse to run in fear.

The third ghost child, still clutching the great boar god, whispers in Kamapua's good ear, waking him. Kamapua lifts his heavily-scarred eyelids, focuses his vision on Yatagan and nods.

Suddenly the two ghost children blocking Yatagan's path are gone, back by Kamapua's side, although still watching the paladin with disturbing intensity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:05 pm

A slightly sobered Lizzy watches as Yatigan heals the pig god. "Fuck Yats, another god? I really liked that false one better."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:37 pm

gridley wrote:
Suddenly the two ghost children blocking Yatagan's path are gone, back by Kamapua's side, although still watching the paladin with disturbing intensity.
"They're protecting him. Extraordinary. Children, is there anything I can do for you? Such as avenge your deaths."

While awaiting their answer, Yatagan confers with his colleagues. "I'd feel better if Lord Kamapua had more guards. This ship has stout Dragonborn cannons and a crew which feels themselves indebted to us. But I fear that is not enough. Any suggestions?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:26 am

Mallus wrote:
While awaiting their answer, Yatagan confers with his colleagues. "I'd feel better if Lord Kamapua had more guards. This ship has stout Dragonborn cannons and a crew which feels themselves indebted to us. But I fear that is not enough. Any suggestions?"

OOC: Steve, would Chakram be able to use her contacts and general information of the place to find any reliable guards (or as reliable as you can get in Hell) to keep an eye on Kamapua and the ship? The PCs have a lot of money, so presumably affording it would not be an issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:45 am

Mallus wrote:

"They're protecting him. Extraordinary. Children, is there anything I can do for you? Such as avenge your deaths."

The ghost children continue to watch Yatagan, but show no sign of understanding him.

"They were raised as meat," Chakram reminds him. "I doubt that anyone ever bothered to teach them to speak."

shilsen wrote:
OOC: Steve, would Chakram be able to use her contacts and general information of the place to find any reliable guards (or as reliable as you can get in Hell) to keep an eye on Kamapua and the ship? The PCs have a lot of money, so presumably affording it would not be an issue.

ooc: Sure. Make a streetwise check to see what you end up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 am

gridley wrote:
"They were raised as meat," Chakram reminds him. "I doubt that anyone ever bothered to teach them to speak."

Ah, kids - the other white meat!

Quote :
ooc: Sure. Make a streetwise check to see what you end up with.

Got a 32.


Last edited by shilsen on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 am

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:04 am

gridley wrote:
"I doubt that anyone ever bothered to teach them to speak."
"It's never too late to begin one's education!" says Yatagan enthusiastically. "It will not do to have Lord Kamapua attended by ignorant shades."

Yatagan frowns as he considers the phrase 'raised as meat'.

"Should I encounter Suweeginus again, I believe I shall "tear him a new cloaca". Wait, I'd be tearing him his initial cloaca, wouldn't I?"

After Chakram returns from her guard-securing errand, Yatagan proposes they begin making a methodical search of the neighborhood's marked by the weird time-distortion effect. He'll leave the specific methods used in the 'methodical search' up to someone with a higher IQ.

"We should also consider staying aboard ship overnight. Let us not take chances with our pork Lord."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:24 am

shilsen wrote:
Got a 32.

Chakram returns with a small crew of Cambion mercenaries. As the offspring of unions between Succubi (or Incubi) and the non-Infernal victims they've preyed on, Cambions are considered a lowly lot here in the Hells, belonging neither here nor there.

Although often stunningly attractive, they lack the seductive powers of their demonic parentage and mostly find work as soldiers or exotic dancers. They have large wings and long, sensual horns. The nine Cambions that Chakram brings home dress in revealing chain mail and wield flaming great swords.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 am

gridley wrote:
... and mostly find work as soldiers or exotic dancers.
OOC: so they're like Southerners in the U.S?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am

Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
... and mostly find work as soldiers or exotic dancers.
OOC: so they're like Southerners in the U.S?

Welcome to The Reddest State!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:48 pm

gridley wrote:

Welcome to The Reddest State!
Nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:53 am

Mallus wrote:
After Chakram returns from her guard-securing errand, Yatagan proposes they begin making a methodical search of the neighborhood's marked by the weird time-distortion effect. He'll leave the specific methods used in the 'methodical search' up to someone with a higher IQ.

Chakram looks at the dragonborn quizzically, wondering what amusing (or harebrained, and probably both) scheme he's concocting now. "So what is it that you want to be searching for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:48 am

shilsen wrote:
"So what is it that you want to be searching for?"
"An ancient ritual. According to Illuyankas it lies buried in one of the city's time-frozen zones. The dragon-melek was attempting to unearth it when he was captured. Ascertaining the location shouldn't be difficult. Surely their were witnesses. Of course, the boring through solid rock part is another matter. My kingdom for a mechanical digging machine like the one we used on the Eladrin cathedral!

Yatagan pauses for a moment in thought, or some reasonable simulacrum thereof.

"To be honest, it's probable the ritual is what Illuyankas was referring to. He was speaking prophetically, which is lovely mode of language but often lacks for concrete details. For all I know, an egg containing another incarnation of my ascendant self lies buried here in sulfurous rock. Or perhaps my future wife."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Best Laid Plans   

Back to top Go down
 
The Best Laid Plans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Damn - the best laid plans of mice and men
» My prototype plans for a Bipe 3d indoor plane
» **Plans** 74 - 76 Westfalia Camping Stool
» Flying wing plans
» Proposed Rhyl Harbour Development Plans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: