The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Wrong Pig

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Lets try that again....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:01 pm

gridley wrote:
Yatagan charges into the restaurant. Waitstaff size him up and step aside. Seeing no was to hoist up the pig from above, he descends.

Chakram saunters after Yatagan, the lack of heavy armor and the fact that she's letting him clear her a path allowing the tiefling warrior to keep up easily with the dragonborn. Though her stance and general demeanor is casual, her eyes flicker constantly around the scene, looking out for the first sign of trouble. Considering the amount of money involved in this operation, they've got to have some muscle guarding the place. I wonder when it'll show up. The thought brings an anticipatory grin to her face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Rolzup wrote:
OOC:...Pumba is a very nice touch, I must admit. And now that I know what Kamapua sounds like, he's even more pitiful.

"Dammit." Vox hurries down the stairs, becoming mostly visible along the way.

(Stealth: 25, thanks to the -10 from running. And that's with a reroll, too. He's got a Move of 7, so he should be most of the way down by the end of the turn. Where be the cooks at this juncture?)

Fortunately, the grillmasters all seem pretty focused on what they're doing and do not notice Vox.

Vox arrives at the bottom of the stairs (B2).

There are seven hooked chain wielding grillmasters down here. The grillmasters are overgrown, gruesome brutes that were probably ordinary Tieflings before a century of two of inbreeding. They are barefoot and wearing overalls.

There are hooked chains hanging over the burning magma, some empty, some holding large pieces of meat or whole animals.

Every round you are down here, take 5 fire damage from the unrelenting heat.

To cross the short (1 sq) gaps, you will have to jump (Athletics DC 15 or DC 10 with a two sq running start) or swing on a chain (Acrobatics DC 15; you can assume there is a chain where you need it). No taking 10 until the encounter is over. If you fail, you go in.

The broken bridge requires a jump (as above) to get across. No chain there.

If you should end up in the burning lava for any reason, all of your hit points go away and you can begin making death throws. You will also have to be pulled from the lava.

Welcome to the Barbecue Pits of Hell!

ooc: Everyone roll initiative. The grillmasters go on 24, but they haven't noticed Vox yet, so John can go first. Scott and Shill will arrive at round three, so you get two rounds to be sneaky John. If you're not attacking in round one, go ahead and take both of your rounds at once.



Last edited by gridley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:51 am

When they get close enough to make out the precise details of the situation, Chakram makes a quick decision. Loath as she is to not be immediately involved in a potentially good fight, the tiefling also has absolutely no intention of getting herself killed - for these fools, however entertaining they might be, or anyone else. While her natural resistance makes her immune to the heat being generated by the lava below, she knows that ending up in there is sheer death. And that if there is one skill she lacks, it is that of agility, especially the ability to leap back and forth as will probably be needed here.

Not happening, she thinks, with an inward sigh, before saying to the paladin, "Yatagan - I'm going to stay here and take care of anyone who shows up to interfere with your rescue. Vox and you have fun with the cooks."

That said, she unsheathes her falchion and takes up a ready position.

OOC: Chakram is untrained in both Acrobatics and Athletics and has lousy Str and Dex, so she has at least a 20% chance of failing the running jumps (and much worse on the other options). Those aren't good enough odds for her to risk it, so she's just going to stay at B1 on the map when she gets there (and ideally a little further away from the magma if possible). Sorry guys - you're on your own.

Initiative - 31; HP 93/93; Healing surges/day 10 (23 hp); AC 26, Fort 28, Ref 27, Will 27; resist fire 11

In effect: Potion of Clarity


Last edited by shilsen on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:51 am

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 3, 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 am

shilsen wrote:
OOC: Chakram is untrained in both Acrobatics and Athletics and has lousy Str and Dex, so she has at least a 20% chance of failing the running jumps (and much worse on the other options). Those aren't good enough odds for her to risk it, so she's just going to stay at B1 on the map when she gets there (and ideally a little further away from the magma if possible). Sorry guys - you're on your own.
OOC: What if Yatagan carried Chakram over the lava? If he turns his armor into a bathrobe, he can't fail the jumps (unless Chakrma is a lot heavier than she looks!).

Initiative: 17


Last edited by Mallus on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 am

Mallus wrote:
OOC: What if Yatagan carried Chakram over the lava? If he turns his armor into a bathrobe, he can't fail the jumps (unless Chakrma is a lot heavier than she looks!).

I thought about that, and she's definitely light enough considering his strength, but it might be a bit of a pain for them to have to do that constantly (there are a lot of gaps down there). But it might be worth it, esp. if they tie a rope to each other, which might come in handy if someone does get pushed, slid, etc. off an edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:38 pm

shilsen wrote:
But it might be worth it, esp. if they tie a rope to each other, which might come in handy if someone does get pushed, slid, etc. off an edge.
OOC: how much does Chakram weight, exactly? Yatagan's got 75 lbs. of gear and his normal load is up to 180 lbs. That drops to 25 lbs. of gear if he turns his plate armor into terrycloth --and his AC drops to 21.

Steve, what's the flooring like? Yatagan doesn't want to run if it's slick or uneven. That wouldn't be wise.

IC:

"I'm game for the rope. Let us be bound" says Yatagan, cheerfully unaware of how that sounds. "If we follow this wall to the left it's only two jumps over lava."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: how much does Chakram weight, exactly? Yatagan's got 75 lbs. of gear and his normal load is up to 180 lbs. That drops to 25 lbs. of gear if he turns his plate armor into terrycloth --and his AC drops to 21.

Let's say 130 lbs, so he'd need to do the terrycloth to be jumping safely with her.

Quote :
"I'm game for the rope. Let us be bound" says Yatagan, cheerfully unaware of how that sounds. "If we follow this wall to the left it's only two jumps over lava."

I hope I don't regret this. "All right," says Chakram, quickly producing a loop of rope and giving Yatagan one end to tie to himself. When he has, she does so too, leaving them about 5 feet of intervening rope, so they can get some distance away from each other if needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Mallus wrote:
Steve, what's the flooring like? Yatagan doesn't want to run if it's slick or uneven. That wouldn't be wise.

ooc: Since the meat hangs over the lava, not much grease gets on the stones. And they're pretty flat.

shilsen wrote:
I hope I don't regret this. "All right," says Chakram, quickly producing a loop of rope and giving Yatagan one end to tie to himself. When he has, she does so too, leaving them about 5 feet of intervening rope, so they can get some distance away from each other if needed.

ooc: Hehe... this will be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Vox reaches the bottom of the stairs and takes a deep breath, regretting it instantly. Darting from shadow to shadow, he approaches the closest cook, wonders for a moment if he should feel guilty about what he's about to do, and then decides to worry about it later. If at all.

The blade of shadow in his left hand lengthens and twists as he raises it over his head and flicks it forward. It settles neatly about the neck of the closest cook, who doesn't even have enough time to wonder what's happening before he's yanked backward off the stony ledge.

Turn One: Double move to F9, throw a shroud on #1 -- his acrobatic bonus is +18, so no need to roll.

Turn Two: Use Executioner's Noose on the fellow, after adding a second shroud: 34 vs. Reflex, 22 damage (rerolling the shroud damge, thanks to Brutal Shroud./), and pull him 2 squares...right into the lava.

Having done that, move to B14.

Initiative: 1d20+14=18
AC: 28, Fort: 22, Ref: 26, Will: 23
HP: 58/68



Last edited by Rolzup on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 2, 3, 1, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Vox reaches the bottom of the stairs and takes a deep breath, regretting it instantly. Darting from shadow to shadow, he approaches the closest cook, wonders for a moment if he should feel guilty about what he's about to do, and then decides to worry about it later. If at all.

The blade of shadow in his left hand lengthens and twists as he raises it over his head and flicks it forward. It settles neatly about the neck of the closest cook, who doesn't even have enough time to wonder what's happening before he's yanked backward off the stony ledge.

Turn One: Double move to F9, throw a shroud on #1 -- his acrobatic bonus is +18, so no need to roll.

Turn Two: Use Executioner's Noose on the fellow, after adding a second shroud: 34 vs. Reflex, 22 damage (rerolling the shroud damge, thanks to Brutal Shroud./), and pull him 2 squares...right into the lava.

Having done that, move to B14.

Initiative: 1d20+14=18
AC: 28, Fort: 22, Ref: 26, Will: 23
HP: 58/68


"No!!!" screams Billy Bob (grillmaster 2) as he run over to pull his unconscious brother Enos (grillmaster 1) from the flaming lava. "I'll save you brother!"

Vern and Bubba (grillmasters 3 and 5 respectively) leave their posts, moving quickly towards the interloper who attacked their brother.

Bodean (grillmaster 6) heads after Vox more slowly, shouting orders at the others.

Cletus (grillmaster 7) leaps across the lave to Vox and swings his hooked chain twice, hitting Vox only once (13 pts) before Vox mysteriously vanishes.

From across the lava flow, Huck (grillmaster 4) swings his chain, but Vox is gone.

ooc: That's a total of 41 13 to poor Vox. You guys can go.



Last edited by gridley on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:47 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:58 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 12, 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 18, 10

--------------------------------

#3 'd4' : 2, 3, 3, 4, 1, 4, 3, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 am

OOC: If possible, use Slayer's Escape as an immediate reaction when he takes that first hit, turn invisible and teleport 5 to G14. Next turn's action will be coming later, when small people aren't yelling at me to provide pizza.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 am

Rolzup wrote:
OOC: If possible, use Slayer's Escape as an immediate reaction when he takes that first hit, turn invisible and teleport 5 to G14. Next turn's action will be coming later, when small people aren't yelling at me to provide pizza.

ooc: Out of the frying pan and into the fire, eh? Consider it done.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 am

After Chakram affixes the rope, Yatagan scoops her up as if she was a tall, horned, armed child, setting her on his broad shoulders. Since his armor is now terrycloth, her seat is actually quite comfortable. Once she's settled he breathes out a quick prayer in Draconic. Their weapons begin to shed a familiar, viscid radiance.

Noting the wounds Vox took Yatagan decides to follow him in hopes of drawing at least one of his attackers. "You! Hell-bound rube! he thunders at Cletus (7). "Leave the frail one and face me. I spit on your rustic, culinary traditions". To emphasize his point, Yatagan expectorates in the Infernal lava.

"Chakram," whispers Yatagan, "Can you fight from up there, should that prove necessary?"

OOC: Use a Standard action to pick up Chakram. Use a Minor to cast Wrath of the Gods -- both of us get a +5 Power bonus to damage rolls. Move to C7 (standing jump over the lava).

Initiative: 17
AC: 21, Fort: 24, Ref: 22, Will: 25
HP: 101/106, Surges 12, Surge Value: 28



Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:30 am

Mallus wrote:
OOC: Use a Standard action to pick up Chakram. Use a Minor to cast Wrath of the Gods -- both of us get a +5 Power bonus to damage rolls. Move to C7 (standing jump over the lava).

OOC: Why don't we say Chakram spends all her actions for the round to climb and hold on securely, which gives Yatagan the option to take a double move?

And I seriously doubt she can fight from his back without doing lots of Acrobatics checks.

Steve - what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:37 am

shilsen wrote:

OOC: Why don't we say Chakram spends all her actions for the round to climb and hold on securely, which gives Yatagan the option to take a double move?
OOC: good idea.

Okay, so Yatagan and Chakram get all up in Cletus's grill at A17.

edit: let's make that a Move and a Charge. Yatagan swings a Virtuous Strike at Cletus. BTW, is he an Elemental or a Demon?

Virtuous Strike: 25 vs. AC, Dam 20.

Initiative: 17
AC: 21, Fort: 24, Ref: 22, Will: 25
HP: 101/106, Surges 12, Surge Value: 28




Last edited by Mallus on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 am

rolling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:03 am

Mallus wrote:
Okay, so Yatagan and Chakram get all up in Cletus's grill at A17.

edit: let's make that a Move and a Charge.

Good idea.

Steve, would it be possible for Chakram to use a move action to grab onto Yatagan (she's just holding on and wrapping her legs around him, rather than trying to climb all the way onto his shoulders) and ready an action to, um, disembark when he gets to A17?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:48 am

shilsen wrote:
Mallus wrote:
Okay, so Yatagan and Chakram get all up in Cletus's grill at A17.

edit: let's make that a Move and a Charge.

Good idea.

Steve, would it be possible for Chakram to use a move action to grab onto Yatagan (she's just holding on and wrapping her legs around him, rather than trying to climb all the way onto his shoulders) and ready an action to, um, disembark when he gets to A17?

ooc: Sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Wrong Pig   

Back to top Go down
 
The Wrong Pig
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Wrong Hole in one
» You Aussie Prosepectors are "doing it wrong"...
» TNA: making right or wrong decisons ?
» Running tires backwards is WRONG
» Wrong gear!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: