The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Looking good....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Looking good....   Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:29 am

Penelope awakens into the worst nightmare she could imagine.

The dress she is wearing is frilly and pink and showing way too much skin, especially her face. The high-heeled shoes even pinker. Glancing into the full length mirror on the wall in front of her, she can see that her hair has been permed and she is wearing cheerful, expertly-applied makeup.

There is no sign of her burqa, but with a quick glance, she sees her bow, at least she thinks it's her bow. It's on the other side of the room and it's been painted pink with white stars. Two tuxedoed, mechanical Dragonborn are painting her arrows to match it.

Artichoke's longsword is there is well, so she assumes that the man lying next to her must be Artichoke.

------

Captain Artichoke awakens to a strange sensation on his head.

Hair, he thinks to himself, I have hair?

Glancing into the mirror, he sees himself with the long, slightly foppish hair of some actor playing an action hero and a pencil-thin mustache. He is dressed in a heavy, burgundy-colored velvet robe with a link pink cravat and thigh-high pink velvet boots.

Next to him is a woman he's never seen before. She looks adorable. Across the room, two tuxedoed, mechanical Dragonborn are painting arrows pink.

Artichoke frowns and knows with a deep and biting conviction that somehow Yatagan is responsible for this.

------

There is a row of draped dressing rooms to the north. Your weapons are on the counter by the doorway out. You have no armor or magic items. The Dragonborn Tailors have their backs to you. Artichoke and Penelope have initiative.

------

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Ah, shit! Artichoke climbs carefully to his feet, patting himself down in a hopeful attempt to find something he could use as a weapon. Having no success, he sighs inwardly and then turns to the woman beside him. "Excuse me," he says quietly, as politely as possible, "But do you know where we are? I'm ...," he pauses for a half-second, "Captain Artichoke. And you would be...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Penelope narrows her eyes at the foppish stranger, hesitant to believe that he is who he claims to be. Besides suspicion, embarrassment makes her reluctant to be completely forthcoming. "I'm Penelope," she says finally. "I don't know how I - we - got here." Then she thinks of something really important and frowns even more deeply. "Have you seen my cat?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Penelope? "Penelope?" Luckily, Artichoke's past experiences--especially those with the League--have made him a master at hiding emotion, so there's only the faintest bit of obvious surprise in the question. "Is that you?" What in the Hells?

Once she confirms that it is, Artichoke quickly and quietly says, "We need to get out of here. Once we have our weapons and equipment," he glances at the mechanical dragnborn, "We can find Sappho and work out how we got here. And what those things want." He rubs his head, finding the sensation of hair there less pleasant than he remembered it to be. And why we look the way we do.

"If we need to," he says, indicating the warforged, "'ll distract them and you get to the weapons. But let's see if there's anything useful here."

Artichoke steps toward the closest of the dressing rooms and move the curtain a little aside, peering cautiously past it.


OOC: What's the last thing the two of them remember before they awoke here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 am

Christabel wrote:
"Have you seen my cat?"

With her keen hearing Penelope notices a faint mewing coming one of the far dressing rooms, although it's not exactly a sound she's ever heard Sappho make before.


shilsen wrote:
Artichoke steps toward the closest of the dressing rooms and move the curtain a little aside, peering cautiously past it.

It is plushly attired with a small couch, but empty.


shilsen wrote:
OOC: What's the last thing the two of them remember before they awoke here?

Yatagan charging a door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:49 pm

Seeing that there's nothing in the room that they can use, Artichoke sighs softly again and says quietly, "Nothing. I guess the thing to do is try to recover our weapons. I'll head that way," he points, "And see if I can draw their attention to me. Grab your bow and throw me my sword if you can. Okay?"

With Penelope's assent, he moves towards the opposite side of the room from the dressing rooms, and then towards the mechanical dragonborn. Penelope, meanwhile, moves more quietly and stealthily along the wall near the dressing rooms.

Once closer to the dragonborn, Artichoke clears his throat loudly and says, "Excuse me, but could I bother you for some directions?" If the warforged look at him, he waves and smiles, while steeling himself inwardly for battle.

OOC: Let's say Artichoke is at G10 on the map, with Penelope at G3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm

shilsen wrote:
Seeing that there's nothing in the room that they can use, Artichoke sighs softly again and says quietly, "Nothing. I guess the thing to do is try to recover our weapons. I'll head that way," he points, "And see if I can draw their attention to me. Grab your bow and throw me my sword if you can. Okay?"

With Penelope's assent, he moves towards the opposite side of the room from the dressing rooms, and then towards the mechanical dragonborn. Penelope, meanwhile, moves more quietly and stealthily along the wall near the dressing rooms.

Once closer to the dragonborn, Artichoke clears his throat loudly and says, "Excuse me, but could I bother you for some directions?" If the warforged look at him, he waves and smiles, while steeling himself inwardly for battle.

OOC: Let's say Artichoke is at G10 on the map, with Penelope at G3.

"Oh, good, you're awake!" says the first mechanical tailor.
"Look at how tight that is on him," says the second one. "We should begin the alterations immediately!"
They roll straight for Artichoke.
"A snip here. A stitch there," they say in unison. "Just stay still, sir, and we'll be done in a moment."

Tailor One begins sews the robe into Artichoke's flesh, piercing the poor Captain's internal organs (31 points damage).
Tailor Two sews into Artichoke from the other side (11 points damage).

As Penelope moves forward, she feels quite certain the the mewing sound is coming from the fifth dressing room, just ten feet away from her. If the sad sound is Sappho, then the cat must be very upset.



Last edited by gridley on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 20, 16

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 4, 7

--------------------------------

#3 'd8' : 4, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 pm

gridley wrote:
As Penelope moves forward, she feels quite certain the the mewing sound is coming from the fifth dressing room, just ten feet away from her. If the sad sound is Sappho, then the cat must be very upset.

Penelope throws Artichoke a glance and decides that he's fine for now. She quickly moves up to the door from which the mewing sound is coming and pulls it open. After checking what's in there, she moves up to the area where her bow is.

OOC: Move to door 5, open it (minor action), move to bow. If Sappho is in the dressing room, she calls Sappho to take a move action after her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Artichoke winces as the two warforged make idiosyncratic attacks on him. "Get away from me!" he yells, partly in pain and partly to draw attention from Penelope and swings at the enemies with balled-up fists. Unfortunately, he only bruises his knuckles.

Stay calm and you'll get out of this! Attempting to follow his own mental advice, Artichoke backs away, waving his arms wildly and trying to draw the warforged after him so that Penelope is free to grab her bow and shoot.


OOC: Artichoke uses an AP to use Force Retreat against T2, hitting Ref 20 for 7 damage and pushing it back 5 squares. If he hits, he then gets to make a secondary attack against T1, hitting Fort 22 for 14 damage and pushing it north 1 square.

He then uses Inspiring Word on himself, healing a surge + 11 hp. Then he shifts one square NW, followed by another square NW, to end up at E8. And blows the save with an 11 (since the -2 drops it to 9).

Current stats: HP 76/86 (Bloodied 43); Healing surges left 10 (21 hp); AC 21, Fort 21, Ref 21, Will 19

Status: Slowed (save at -2 ends)


Last edited by shilsen on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:27 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 3

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 10

--------------------------------

#4 'd6' : 4, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:46 pm

shilsen wrote:
OOC: Artichoke uses an AP to use Force Retreat against T2, hitting Ref 20 for 7 damage and pushing it back 5 squares. If he hits, he then gets to make a secondary attack against T1, hitting Fort 22 for 14 damage and pushing it north 1 square.

Steve, could you let me know if he hits? I'll post his following actions accordingly.

That misses. Oh, and I forget to tell you, you're slowed (save at -2 penalty ends).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Christabel wrote:

Penelope throws Artichoke a glance and decides that he's fine for now. She quickly moves up to the door from which the mewing sound is coming and pulls it open. After checking what's in there, she moves up to the area where her bow is.

OOC: Move to door 5, open it (minor action), move to bow. If Sappho is in the dressing room, she calls Sappho to take a move action after her.

Pulling open the curtain, she finds a mortified Sappho dressed in a white lace dress and little white booties. She looks up at Penelope and lifts her paws helplessly. But upon Penelope's command, she follows to the counter, walking extremely awkwardly in the booties.

Her pink bow and pink arrows lie on the counter (along with Artichoke's sword). The paint looks slightly sticky, but she doesn't think it will be too much of a problem (-1 to hit).

She can see that there are closed cabinet doors built into the counter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 am

Save & healing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:28 am

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 11

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 4, 4, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 am

I edited my previous post with all of Artichoke's actions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:44 pm

shilsen wrote:
Artichoke winces as the two warforged make idiosyncratic attacks on him. "Get away from me!" he yells, partly in pain and partly to draw attention from Penelope and swings at the enemies with balled-up fists. Unfortunately, he only bruises his knuckles.

The tailors follow Artichoke as he slowly makes his way away.

"Please, sir, don't struggle!" says the first tailor.
"Yes, we wouldn't want you to get hurt!" says its partner.

They continue sewing, fixing the fabric so tightly around Artichoke's legs that he cannot walk. The second tailor picks him up so that it can get a better look at him.

------------------------

Artichoke is undamaged but immobilized (can't move) and will take a -2 to hit because of his limited range of motion. (save ends, but with a -2 penalty)

------------------------



Last edited by gridley on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:44 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 am

Penelope grabs her bow and arrows off the counter and readies a shot, while whispering quietly to Sappho, "Go kill them, sweetie." Sappho slinks off silently towards the unwary warforged.

Though seething silently on the inside and tempted to unleash a volley, Penelope takes careful aim and fires a pair of carefully aimed arrows as Sappho reaches the closest enemy. Another pair of arrows swiftly follows the first. Then she readies another shot for when the enemies retaliate.


OOC: Sappho moves to G8, flanking T1 with Artichoke. Penelope declares both T1 and T2 her quarry and uses Twin Strike against T1. Then she uses an AP to use Twin Strike again. All attacks are on T1 unless it's dead, in which case she switches to T2.

She also uses Disruptive Strike (immediate interrupt) when T1 attacks either her or one of her allies (just in case T1 is dead, she uses it against T2 instead).

Twin Strike: Attacks = Miss (natural 1), critical (52 damage)

Twin Strike (via AP): Attacks = 41 vs. T1 or 39 vs. T2 (21 damage), 27 vs. T1 or 25 vs. T2 (12 damage)

Disruptive Strike: Attack = 22 vs AC (24 if target is being flanked by Artichoke & Sappho) for 20 damage. If she hits, the target takes -6 to hit with the triggering attack

HP 87 (Bloodied 43); Healing surges/day 8 (22 hp); AC 23, Fort 19, Ref 23, Will 19; AP 1

In effect: -1 to hit for painted bow, +1 to hit quarry


Last edited by Christabel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 am

The member 'Christabel' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 1, 20, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 9, 8, 1

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 3, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:44 am

Crit damage! 52 points on one shot...


Last edited by Christabel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:44 am

The member 'Christabel' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd12' : 12, 1, 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Christabel



Posts : 174
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 am

I decided to use an AP too, so I edited my post accordingly.


Last edited by Christabel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 am

The member 'Christabel' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 19, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 11, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 am

Despite his predicament, Artichoke almost smiles as he sees Penelope unleash swift, pointy death upon the creatures attacking him. "Hey, stupid!" he says, smacking the warforged holding him in the air, "Look at the pre...."

Suddenly realizing what he was about to say, Artichoke cuts himself off in mid-word before he can call Penelope a 'pretty lady', doing which (he imagines) would lead to him being the target of the next volley. Instead, he says, "...precisely shooting archer over there."

Then he attempts to wrench free from its grasp, but fails.


OOC: Artichoke attacks T1 (or T2, if T1 is dead) with Wolf Pack Tactics, hitting AC 22 (AC 24, if the -2 penalty to hit no longer applies) for 7 damage. If he happens to be free, he then shifts one square north. If not, he fails to saves against the immobilization (rolled a 10 and fails due to the -2 Evil or Very Mad).

Current stats: HP 76/86 (Bloodied 43); Healing surges left 10 (21 hp); AC 21, Fort 21, Ref 21, Will 19

Status: Immobilized (save at -2 ends)


Last edited by shilsen on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Looking good....   

Back to top Go down
 
Looking good....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Honma Clubs, good ?
» Good News Stories
» summer pike fishing good or bad
» Looking for recommendations on Jacket with good ventilation
» ISO Good Mechanic

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: