The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 a deal with the devils

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Thu May 06, 2010 8:15 pm

shilsen wrote:
Unless Hob adds anything new, Artichoke takes his leave and proceeds in the wake of Pætros and Yatagan, moving with no haste whatsoever. While mildly surprised that he can't hear screams and explosions, he loosens his sword in its sheath, just in case.

Mallus wrote:
"We shall announce you to Goblintown, Apostles Oiba and Skrik! Singing songs of praise, fortune, and future reprisals! Then you shall place holy fireworks in the Porchphant's hat and write your names upon the heavens with colorful explosions! I simply adore explosions!"

Once the screaming, singing, and exploding is through, what next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Thu May 06, 2010 9:18 pm

gridley wrote:
Once the screaming, singing, and exploding is through, what next?

At this moment, it seems like we're out of leads (unless I'm missing something), so I'm thinking we should head back to the church of Treasure. It's probably taken a few hours to do all the walking and talking, I presume. Once we're back, I think we can send out people (i.e. current and former PCs) to generally get in touch with their various contacts and check the word on the street to see if there's any information at all to be had about the goddess.

Unless someone has another suggestion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Thu May 06, 2010 10:46 pm

shilsen wrote:
Unless someone has another suggestion?
OOC: We have one of the magic puppets used to disable the Eladrin wards. We could look into it, though I'm sure we can start researching them back at the mansion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 10:42 am

shilsen wrote:

At this moment, it seems like we're out of leads (unless I'm missing something), so I'm thinking we should head back to the church of Treasure. It's probably taken a few hours to do all the walking and talking, I presume. Once we're back, I think we can send out people (i.e. current and former PCs) to generally get in touch with their various contacts and check the word on the street to see if there's any information at all to be had about the goddess.

Unless someone has another suggestion?

Streetwise checks, all made by people using their own methods, are certainly in order. And I don't doubt that someone other than the Porcophant has access to Divination magic, although his only remaining option at this juncture is the Hand of Fate ritual.

Beyond all of that? I dunno. But I feel confident that we can manage to make some trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 11:48 am

OOC: Yatagan will suggest the magically-connected members of the League find out where the ward-eating puppets came from -- closest thing to a smoking gun we have -- and then, after a suitable large breakfast, start pounding the pavement looking for leads. Being a religious figure, he'll start with the local temples. After that, being clueless, he wander around hitting the cliched places he's read about in cheap detective novels (seedy bars, the dog track, etc).

By turns he'll be... ingratiating (Diplomacy: 21 )

... scary (Intimidate: 19)

... and hopefully lucky (untrained Streetwise: 16)

Good lord, the dice roller hates me this week...


Last edited by Mallus on Fri May 07, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 11:48 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 6, 1, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Once back at the mansion, Artichoke fills in those who are present about everything which occurred and what the group has discovered thus far. Then he spends a little time discussing possibilities as well as getting some of those with very divergent contacts in the city to go out and ask around.

When the arcanists in the group examine the puppet, Artichoke is there as well, partly through curiosity and partly because he is able to contribute a fair amount of arcane knowledge himself, even if it is all theoretical rather than practical.

Finally, he too leaves and visits a few places around town, attempting to dig up information about the theft of the eladrin (or ex-goblin) deity. If it seems no information at all is forthcoming, he will also subtly drop the information here and there that the League is in the process of investigating the matter, hinting that they have a clear suspect and are in the process of planning to attack/apprehend them. If we can't find them, maybe I can make them make a mistake and come after us.

OOC: If necessary, here are a few skill checks - Arcana (26), Diplomacy (16), Insight (22), Streetwise (19)


Last edited by shilsen on Fri May 07, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 14, 4, 11, 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: Yatagan will suggest the magically-connected members of the League find out where the ward-eating puppets came from -- closest thing to a smoking gun we have -- and then, after a suitable large breakfast, start pounding the pavement looking for leads. Being a religious figure, he'll start with the local temples. After that, being clueless, he wander around hitting the cliched places he's read about in cheap detective novels (seedy bars, the dog track, etc).

By turns he'll be... ingratiating (Diplomacy: 21 )

... scary (Intimidate: 19)

... and hopefully lucky (untrained Streetwise: 16)

Good lord, the dice roller hates me this week...

Yatagan finds out that a lot of the smaller temples resent the Eladrin Church, mostly because it is so rich and successful, but also because its leaders have a tendency to speak ill of the Port's other faiths, calling them cults and accusing their gods of being frauds.

Sadly, he doesn't have much luck at the other places.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 1:28 pm

shilsen wrote:
Once back at the mansion, Artichoke fills in those who are present about everything which occurred and what the group has discovered thus far. Then he spends a little time discussing possibilities as well as getting some of those with very divergent contacts in the city to go out and ask around.

When the arcanists in the group examine the puppet, Artichoke is there as well, partly through curiosity and partly because he is able to contribute a fair amount of arcane knowledge himself, even if it is all theoretical rather than practical.

Finally, he too leaves and visits a few places around town, attempting to dig up information about the theft of the eladrin (or ex-goblin) deity. If it seems no information at all is forthcoming, he will also subtly drop the information here and there that the League is in the process of investigating the matter, hinting that they have a clear suspect and are in the process of planning to attack/apprehend them. If we can't find them, maybe I can make them make a mistake and come after us.

OOC: If necessary, here are a few skill checks - Arcana (26), Diplomacy (16), Insight (22), Streetwise (19)

OOC: We'll assume that Fagin assists in the arcane check (knocking it up to 28).

Inside the doll's chest is a system of clockwork that makes Fagin's orphans look downright primitive. It's unclear to them how exactly the whirling gears influence the animal brain connected to them. Whoever built it must have been very, very good. Judging from the design, Fagin thinks it might be an ancient Dragonborn relic, although Artichoke points out that except for some stains from spilled brain juice, the still shining metalwork appears almost brand new.

Sadly, Artichoke's other investigations do not yield any other leads.


Last edited by gridley on Fri May 07, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 1:28 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 1:57 pm

gridley wrote:
Inside the doll's chest is a system of clockwork that makes Fagin's orphans look downright primitive. It's unclear to them how exactly the whirling gears influence the animal brain connected to them. Whoever built it must have been very, very good. Judging from the design, Fagin thinks it might be an ancient Dragonborn relic, although Artichoke points out that except for some stains from spilled brain juice, the still shining metalwork appears almost brand new.
OOC: Okay, so we need to talk to Hob's son Brinjin. We have his address, right? This could explain why Hob was so reluctant to reveal the names of the goblins who met with him earlier. Though I wouldn't rule out one of the Eladrin being involved, though not the church itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: Okay, so we need to talk to Hob's son Brinjin. We have his address, right?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   Fri May 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: Okay, so we need to talk to Hob's son Brinjin. We have his address, right? This could explain why Hob was so reluctant to reveal the names of the goblins who met with him earlier. Though I wouldn't rule out one of the Eladrin being involved, though not the church itself.

Sounds like a plan. I'm really hoping we do get jumped by someone on the way there or back. We always get the best information from people after they try to kill us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: a deal with the devils   

Back to top Go down
 
a deal with the devils
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Road Devils Car Club
» New Jersey Devils - Current Roster
» Second hand Kayaks on Done Deal.ie
» 2009 Toronto East Champions- The Laurier Blue Devils
» Colin Greening signed to a 3 year deal! 3 years, 0.866 per year, 2.45 total

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: