The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All Part of the Plan...

Go down 
+2
shilsen
Mallus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mallus

Mallus

All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:02 pm

OOC: Vox has completed 3/10 rounds of the portal ritual when Killian and Co. show back up after realizing they were pursuing a spirit armadillo with a glowing Eternal Bureaucracy badge in its mouth.

If you choose to complete the Ritual, you'll have to hold Killian off for 7 round.

Or, Vox can abandon the Ritual and join the fight, whereas you'll have to battle Killian, his henchman, and at the very least some of the horde outside. On the plus side, if you don't die, you can explore the vineyard maze at your leisure (maybe).

Wait, here's another: Vox can abandon the Ritual, explore the maze on the Other Side (for the Bureaucracy!), and leave his fully living comrades to their fates.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by Mallus on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:02 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12, 8, 13, 3, 17, 19, 20, 18, 3, 13
Back to top Go down
https://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:33 pm

"I don't even have to be visible right now, you know," Vox mutters to Christabel as he draws his sword.

OOC Initiative: 22 Yeah, all for one and so forth.

Last edited by Rolzup on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:33 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Gepettojack curses under his breath, then shouts, "Orphans Assemble!", summoning his orphans to himself. "Go scout ahead, and warn us if there are traps, or scary makeover girls try to flank us."

OOC translation: Go set off traps ahead so we don't walk into them accidentally, and scream if you're attacked.

Arcana: 28

Initiative: 24

Last edited by Atlatl Jones on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

The member 'Atlatl Jones' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 17
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"I don't even have to be visible right now, you know," Vox mutters to Christabel as he draws his sword.

OOC Initiative: 22 Yeah, all for one and so forth.

Christabel chuckles and says, "I appreciate it, Vox. And I know what you mean. I could have been taking a nap somewhere in the Port right about now." She concentrates and Oothoon appears next to her. As the armadillo appears, Christabel uses her connection to it to heal herself, channeling a little extra healing towards Gepettojack, who seems the most wounded beside her.

OOC: Calls spirit companion, uses Healing Spirit, and spends her Second Wind.

Initiative - 14; HP - 53/78; AC 21, Fort 21, Ref 19, Will 23 (+2 to all defenses this round; +1 to all defenses against attacks by bloodied creatures); resist 10 necrotic and resist 10 radiant; resist 5 poison; healing surges left 3; AP 1

Christabel heals Gepettojack for 9 hp.

Last edited by shilsen on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:56 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 2, 4
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:57 pm

"If here is where we make our stand, my darlings, then so be it!" says Roxy as she summons up protective vines.

OOC: Using action point to bring back Warding Vines. And then casting it. (everyone gets 5 points damage resistance)

Init: 15

Last edited by gridley on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:57 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:45 pm

shilsen wrote:
Christabel chuckles and says, "I appreciate it, Vox. And I know what you mean. I could have been taking a nap somewhere in the Port right about now." She concentrates and Oothoon appears next to her. As the armadillo appears, Christabel uses her connection to it to heal herself, channeling a little extra healing towards Gepettojack, who seems the most wounded beside her.
"And I could be stinking drunk in a tavern right now, with orphans tending to my every whim."

gridley wrote:
"If here is where we make our stand, my darlings, then so be it!" says Roxy as she summons up protective vines.

OOC: Using action point to bring back Warding Vines. And then casting it. (everyone gets 5 points damage resistance)
When he sees the protective vines coming into being around them, Gepetto Jack says, "Ah Roxy, my lovely enormous man-woman, if I had a stepladder I'd kiss you."

Then he uses his second wind, thinking, I might as well catch my breath before those Makeover Girls suck it out of me. And he teleports behind Roxy, and curses a nearby opponent (preferably a minion), if there are any he hasn't cursed yet.

Defenses: Concealment (+2 to all defenses against melee and ranged attacks), AC 27, Reflex 27, Fort 20, Will 25 (these include the bonuses from Second Wind)
HP: 67/69, 2 healing surges left.

Initiative 11

OOC: How far away are the baddies?

Last edited by Atlatl Jones on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:45 pm

The member 'Atlatl Jones' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:09 pm

OOC: Killian (and Company's) init: 6.

Well, you all go first. I'll describe what you see later. Have to go to a flea market now w/my wife...

Last edited by Mallus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:09 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:23 pm

I think I just found a picture of Roxy.
http://failblog.org/2010/03/19/parent-fail/
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
I think I just found a picture of Roxy.
http://failblog.org/2010/03/19/parent-fail/

Hahaha....
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:51 pm

So the League's just defeated an impostor who really seemed to believe he was Killian Root, along with a few other varietals of vegetative horror that serve a green power from the Interior which calls itself the Vaster Empire (or so faux-Killian let slip at dinner).

What appears to be the real Killian's heart can be plainly seen still beating in his impostor's slashed-open chest. Those skilled in the arcane interpret this as meaning Killian's real body is still alive and nearby, either in this world or on the Other Side.

Behind you lies the entrance to the vineyard and a cordon of at least 100 (equally faux?) townsfolk and the town of Vine. Before you lies at least 60ft of maze-corridor covered in malign briars. Past that somewhere is the heart of the both the vineyard and the mystery.

OOC: now what?
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Christabel sighs tiredly and says, "I guess we're not getting any sleep tonight! Vox - how about shifting us to the Other Side now?"
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm

"I seem to recall seeing some bodies in the basement," Vox says with a sigh. "I have a suspicion that they might be what we're really looking for. Reuniting the heart and its owner might be a trifle difficult, though. I suppose we should Cross Over," he concludes, producing his athame once more. "The veil is still somewhat tattered; piercing it should be little trouble."

OOC: Begin the ritual once more.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"I seem to recall seeing some bodies in the basement
OOC: yes, living bodies laid on on cloth and old rugs on the earthen floor of the basement.

Quote :
OOC: Begin the ritual once more.
None of the townsfolk enter the vineyard. Nor do they make a sound. Worried shouts and calls come from the east end of Vine where the new immigrants are housed. From the sound of it the conflagration that once was the manor house continues apace.

In an eerily short amount of time Vox opens the portal. On the Other Side the trellis 'walls' appear towering, several times the height of a man and at least two Roxy's. The vines appear as a dense nesting of silver wire. The fruit is silver as well, identical to the samples you took from Cory's workshop. It's obvious they were harvested here on the Other Side.

Periodically the silver ingot grapes murmur; calling out the lines of nursery rhymes, half-hearted greeting, comments about the weather, and the price of wine in the Port.

The way ahead is straight and clear of malign briars, though is narrows visibly as it leads into the heart of the vineyard.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Mallus wrote:
The way ahead is straight and clear of malign briars, though is narrows visibly as it leads into the heart of the vineyard.

"Thanks, Vox," Christabel says, before pushing back her hair and cracking her knuckles. "Let's go finish this."

She gestures Oothoon forward and then glances at Roxy, who seems to have developed a liking for the spectral armadillo, asking, "Want to give him some company?" Oothoon too looks at Roxy and rears up on his hind legs, in an awkward begging motion.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

"Just be ready for something awful to happen," Vox advises as takes the lead. "Something always does," he adds in a mutter.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Just be ready for something awful to happen," Vox advises as takes the lead.
You make your way through the vineyard maze, guided by your knowledge of both the natural and unnatural and Vox's uncanny ability to navigate the places beyond the grave. The globular silver grapes keep up their whispering. Vox's realizes something; the voices do not sound like the ramblings of ghosts. Similar, but not quite.

They sound like dreaming mortals. Who, in fact, sometimes stray in the precincts of the dead during their nightly approximation of death.

You also notice something else: as you approach the center of the maze, the trellis corridors narrow. Soon you're walking single file. Then barely squeezing by. Eventually, the way is impassible to all but Vox, who, here on the Other Side, has control over his essential form that those not born of death do not.

Both Vox and Artichoke can feel it. They're are almost at the maze's heart.

But only Vox can enter.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:02 pm

"You'll need to stay back. Too much life in you people, not enough death. I could perhaps alter the balance a bit, but," Vox shrugs, "That can be chancy. And painful." He bends down, using his athame to sever his own shadow's hand; Dexter manifests from the pool of darkness and shakes itself like a wet dog. "Scout ahead," Vox instructs his familiar, and after saluting the others with his drawn blade, he follows on behind.

OOC: I meant to grab Killian's heart, if it looked as though this could be done without damaging it. If he can, he'll bring it with him into the heart of the maze. Will be moving slowly and all stealthy-like -- Stealth of 25 for himself, and 41 (!) for Dexter.

Last edited by Rolzup on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:02 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 3, 19
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   All Part of the Plan... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Part of the Plan...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: