The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 All Part of the Plan...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: All Part of the Plan...   Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Christabel, Gepetto Jack, and Roxy Hurrah stand before the defeated Poncy Swamp Thing at the entrance to the vineyard. Two dryads are dead, dissolved into bundles of sweet smelling grass. The third has escaped via magic. Presumably into the maze of vines.

Behind you are the bulk of the town's population, formed into a semi-circular cordon which blocks your retreat. They're hanging back. The closest are about 40ft away.

Further back, the ramshackle manor house is burning like a metaphor, resplendent with the literalized fires of the heart. Or, more accurately with the terrific fire that resulted from Gepetto accidentally igniting Dahlia Dandy's collection of magnesium jewelry.

Dahlia fiancee Killian Root is howling as he barrels down on the three Port citizens. He's got nearly a dozen people with him, including two enormous, corn-fed bruisers and a worrying coterie of willowy peasant woman in simple shift dresses that Roxy keeps calling 'the scary makeover girls'.

They'll cover the hundred feet between the soon-to-be-ruined manor and the vineyard in no time flat.

Vox voice rings out hollowly from the beyond the grave and slightly to the left of Christabel. "The veil's thin here. I could open a portal in minute. Maybe less. Or is this all part of the plan?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:07 am

"We don't have a minute!" Christabel snaps, "And no, this is definitely not the plan!" She throws a quick glance back and forth, before saying, "New plan - let's get inside that damn hedge maze! Hopefully they won't follow us in, and it's narrower, so it'll let us hold them long enough for you to open the portal, Vox. Come on!" She heads for the maze, Oothoon leading the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:28 am

"I'm not certain who put you in charge," Vox protests to Christabel's rapidly repeating back. Sighing, he pushes his hat back and jogs after her. "On the other hand," he quietly admits to Dexter, still perched upon his shoulder, "It is nice to look forward to having someone else to blame when things go pear-shaped."

As inspiration strikes, he breaks into a brief sprint, dives into a patch of darkness, and emerges in Christabel's quite literal shadow. "Here," he pants, producing his badge/shield. The shield suddenly begins to glow, producing a light somewhat brighter than a lantern. "Give this to your spirit-beast, send it a different way through the maze. Should draw some of our pursuers off, give us a bit more time for me to pierce the veil."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm

While her companions hurry to the maze, Roxy stands her ground and roars at the gathering crowds. "Stay back or so help me we will burn this town and every living thing in it to ashes!"

Intimidate: 26

Then she follows the others into the maze.


Last edited by gridley on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Atlatl Jones

avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Gepettojack limps quickly toward the hedge maze. "Wait! Wait wait wait wait! Lets not go get lost inside that horrid thing. We can hold them off quite nicely at the entrance, bottlenecking the horde until we deal with them or scare them away."

Then, Gepetto turns to the horde and erupts fire into the sky, screaming, "Back! Go back to your homes or you too will BURN! Hellfire is not kind to the wooded folk!"


OOC: using his Beguiling Tongue power.

Intimidate 28

OOC: I'm also using every spare minor action I have to curse members of the horde attacking us, distributed as evenly as possible throughout it. I'll go for the Makeover Ambush girls first, as well as Killian. Fagin has his Rod of Contagion in his off-hand, ready to spread his curse widely among the horde.


Last edited by Atlatl Jones on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:26 pm

The member 'Atlatl Jones' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:00 pm

gridley wrote:
Intimidate: 26
Roxy's attempt to intimidate the infuriated Killian Root and the mobbed-up villagers of Vine meets with limited, well, make that nonexistent, success.

She does, however, make it into the relative safety of the outer row of trellises. What should be simple, straight rows appear as a perplexing tangle of vine-walls twice your resident, cross-dressing Goliath's height.

OCC: regardless of how far into maze you go, roll Nature, Insight, Arcana, or Perception to keep your bearing. Or another skill, if you can defend it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Give this to your spirit-beast, send it a different way through the maze. Should draw some of our pursuers off, give us a bit more time for me to pierce the veil."
OOC: Interesting. Shil, does Ooothoon play decoy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
Intimidate 28
Courage in numbers thinks the wily old Tiefling as the his attempt to cow nearly all of Vine fails to produce the desired outcome. He does, however, scatter a smattering of most efficacious curses on Killian Root and his party, then he prepares to make his stand at the gate to the vineyard maze as the rest of his companions plunge in.

Quote :
I'll go for the Makeover Ambush girls first, as well as Killian.
OOC: unfortunately Geptetto can't see any of the Ambush Girls, so he targets Killian and his henchmen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:15 pm

OOC: so do Christabel and Roxy continue farther into the vineyard maze, or do their stand with Gepetto at the entrance? Does anyone attempt to explore the maze?

BTW, Killian and his charging party will arrive at the end of the next round. The cordon of zombified villagers tighten, but stay at least 40ft. back.

You have your Encounter powers back, and 1 Action Point. You may use your Action Point to recover an expended Daily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

avatar

Posts : 138
Join date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: so do Christabel and Roxy continue farther into the vineyard maze, or do their stand with Gepetto at the entrance? Does anyone attempt to explore the maze?

BTW, Killian and his charging party will arrive at the end of the next round. The cordon of zombified villagers tighten, but stay at least 40ft. back.

You have your Encounter powers back, and 1 Action Point. You may use your Action Point to recover an expended Daily.
Gepetto Jack's not going to stand at the entrance alone. If everyone is running inside, he'll join them. Courage in numbers, he thinks wryly.

I didn't use an Action Point in the last battle. Could I use the new action point to recover a Daily, and use the old one for an extra action?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: Interesting. Shil, does Ooothoon play decoy?

OOC: Sure.

IC: Christabel frowns for a moment, considering the spectral armadillo, and then says, "Okay. Go ahead, Oothoon." The spirit companion makes a rude gesture but does pick up the shield in its mouth and, as the adventurers proceed into the maze, heads in the opposite direction.

Christabel takes a few steps in and looks around, trying to work out what may lie ahead.

OOC: Perception 21

Quote :
You have your Encounter powers back, and 1 Action Point. You may use your Action Point to recover an expended Daily.

Cool. I know we haven't had a chance to stop and rest, so are we still at whatever hit pts we had at the end of the fight?


Last edited by shilsen on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 am

Atlatl Jones wrote:
I didn't use an Action Point in the last battle. Could I use the new action point to recover a Daily, and use the old one for an extra action?

Oooh, can I do this too?


Nature check: 30


Last edited by gridley on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 am

Vox, entirely at sea, considers his all-too-small store of arcane knowledge.

OOC: Arcana: 22.

What's Vox's status? Did he fight, or did he stay hidden? If the former, any idea which powers he did/didn't use?


Last edited by Rolzup on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 am

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 17
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 am

Rolzup wrote:
What's Vox's status? Did he fight, or did he stay hidden? If the former, any idea which powers he did/didn't use?[/i]

Vox didn't fight, so he should have all his powers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

Atlatl Jones wrote:
I didn't use an Action Point in the last battle. Could I use the new action point to recover a Daily, and use the old one for an extra action?
OOC: I don't like to contemplate the rules while on vacation, so let's say no for now.

shilsen wrote:
I know we haven't had a chance to stop and rest, so are we still at whatever hit pts we had at the end of the fight.
OOC: Right. You have your Encounter powers back and use of your Second Winds, but you haven't healed up.

shilsen wrote:
Vox didn't fight, so he should have all his powers.
OOC: Correct. Vox has all his powers and is at full HP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:53 am

shilsen wrote:
The spirit companion makes a rude gesture but does pick up the shield in its mouth and, as the adventurers proceed into the maze, heads in the opposite direction.

Christabel takes a few steps in and looks around, trying to work out what may lie ahead.

OOC: Perception 21
Oothoon scampers away to right. Christabel walks a few paces to the left then ducks into an opening in the trellis-walls. This isn't a maze in the conventional sense the deva realizes. It's result of cramming too much life in too little space. Things get bent out of shape.

gridley wrote:
Nature check: 30
"Watch out, honey" shouts Roxy to Christabel as she sees the deva about to step into an ominous-looking briar patch, which seem to materialize out of thin, starlit air. Christabel stops before stepping into briars, but not before several of the thorny plants, in the manner of the overzealous and often positively proactive vegetation of the Interior, lashes out at Christabel with dagger-sharp nettling.

Fortunately, the vegetation misses and Christabel step back to safety. She can also make on the sounds of Killian Root pursuing Oothoon in to maze. Unfortunately, the way ahead as far as she can see if covered in writhing briar. Needless to say, the briar-choked passage leads to the center of the maze.

Quote :
OOC: Arcana: 22.
Like Christabel, Vox comes to the conclusion the vineyard maze is the unintentional side-effect of whatever power is operating here. Vox can sense that power. It's in the heart of the accidental labyrinth.

On the Other Side the trellis rows appear even taller, like canyon walls covered in silvery vines. The passages between the trellises grow narrower as he approaches the center of the maze. More interestingly, after every few steps a spirit will boil out of the vine-covered walls. At first Vox mistook them for ghosts, but he quickly dismissed that idea. They have the wrong smell about them.

They're dreamers. Specifically, the dreaming souls of the townsfolk, muttering the incomprehensible ruminate that occupies every sleeping persons nightly journey through that outer precinct of death.

Vox has encountered dreamers before on the Other Side. Usually the elderly or sick children who are straying close to their last end. The dreamer of Vine are different. They're dream voices are unusually faint and repetitious. They posses the quality of old, faded photographs.


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am

(rolling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 5, 1, 8

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 am

Mallus wrote:
Fortunately, the vegetation misses and Christabel step back to safety. She can also make on the sounds of Killian Root pursuing Oothoon in to maze. Unfortunately, the way ahead as far as she can see if covered in writhing briar. Needless to say, the briar-choked passage leads to the center of the maze.

"Thanks, Roxy," Christabel says, holding still for the moment in case any of the other vegetation decides to make a grab at her. Presuming that Vox is lurking somewhere close by, she then says, "Vox - I think we have a little more time. How about opening that portal now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:00 pm

"I doubt," Vox says darkly, beginning his preparations, "That things are going to be any more pleasant on the Other Side. Just be ready, that's all I can say."

As before, he cuts his hand. This time, the drops of blood scream shrilly as they fall. "Oh, yes, perfect. That's a lovely sign."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: All Part of the Plan...   

Back to top Go down
 
All Part of the Plan...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» which part of toronto is grass roots canada located?
» need part for caberg helmet
» A/C hose part #
» Rare midweek dive plan
» G3 diet plan for the street

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: