The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Out and About in the Village of Vine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:03 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 am

The six woman spread the fingers of their hands like the petals of a flower opening. Long vine-like tendrils (OOC: Reach 2) lash out from their palms. Roxy is struck four times and finds herself unable to move. Which is unfortunately, since the women stand just out of weapon's reach.

To make matters worse, they silently drift away and back through the walls. And the door opens. Roxy can make out at least two figures standing in the hall beyond.

OOC: Roxy takes 20 Necrotic damage and is Immobilized one turn.

Last edited by Mallus on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 14
Back to top Go down
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

(more rolling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

'd20' : 14, 9, 14, 17, 11, 14
Back to top Go down
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am

Christabel looks around warily, trying to work out where Vox is. Something is - or a lot of things are - not right here. Whether she can decipher the shadar-kai warrior's whereabouts or not, she continues onwards at a leisurely pace, sending Oothoon to precede her by some ten feet.

OOC: Keep walking.

Initiative - 31; Perception - 22; AC 21, Fort 21, Ref 19, Will 23; resist 10 necrotic and resist 10 radiant; resist 5 poison

Last edited by shilsen on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am

Rolls. First perception, then initiative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:43 am

Vox sighs. None so blind as the living, especially those who keep repeating the process....

He darts forward, nearly stumbling over an exposed root, to Christabel's side. "Ambush ahead," Vox breathes softly, before evaporating into thin air.

OOC:Move to Christabel's side, with a Stealth of 23, issue his warning, and then roll Initiative...using Seeker of Shadow as a free action to become invisible and inaudible in the process. Invisibility lasts until the end of the encounter, OR until he hits something.

Initiative: 26

Last edited by Rolzup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:43 am

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 1, 16
Back to top Go down
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 pm

Oothoon enters the apparently not-so-deserted town square, passing between two abandoned houses. Half a dozen men are waiting around each corner, flat against the wall to keep out of sight. They must see Oothhon ambling into view, but don't react to him. Which is odd...

The closest of the men are 10ft from Oothoon. Most of the them look like Clutch farmers. One is dark-skinned like a Snake State native. Fortunately it's a bright, clear night. The moon, which is frequently absent from the sky and said to be sailing the Aster in a pirate ship, in the arms of the captain with whom she's in love.

Christabel again smells the fresh, never-cut grassland of the Interior. She also catches a glimpse of Jumbo trying to hide behind a well 20ft away.

OOC: Christabel and Vox go first.

Last edited by Mallus on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 pm

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Mallus wrote:
The six woman spread the fingers of their hands like the petals of a flower opening. Long vine-like tendrils (OOC: Reach 2) lash out from their palms. Roxy is struck four times and finds herself unable to move. Which is unfortunately, since the women stand just out of weapon's reach.

To make matters worse, they silently drift away and back through the walls. And the door opens. Roxy can make out at least two figures standing in the hall beyond.

OOC: Roxy takes 20 Necrotic damage and is Immobilized one turn.

Roxy picks up her bed and hurls it at the scary makeover girls, preferably some of of the ones who are immobilizing her.

OOC: What should I roll for that? Athletics and attack?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:53 pm

gridley wrote:
Roxy picks up her bed and hurls it at the scary makeover girls, preferably some of of the ones who are immobilizing her.
OOC: the "scary makeover girls" phased back through the wall and are no longer in the room. But the "servant" visible in the open doorway is a legitimate target.

Quote :
OOC: What should I roll for that? Athletics and attack?
OOC: roll a basic Ranged attack at -2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:16 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: the "scary makeover girls" phased back through the wall and are no longer in the room. But the "servant" visible in the open doorway is a legitimate target.

If only, I could read!

First, Roxy will make a perception check to get a better look at the figure in the doorway. Do I see any sign that they're causing or enjoying Roxy's dilemma?

Perception: 17 (Bah!)

OOC: Can Roxy ready an action that if the scary makeover girls come back, she's going to jump out the window?

Last edited by gridley on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:16 pm

Perception:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 pm

gridley wrote:
Do I see any sign that they're causing or enjoying Roxy's dilemma?
It's pretty dark in the room, so it's hard to read the servant's expression. He seems to be waiting for something.

Quote :
OOC: Can Roxy ready an action that if the scary makeover girls come back, she's going to jump out the window?
No. Roxy can't move until the scary girls go again. However, she's free to take actions this round --ie use powers, throw something-- except for a normal Move. Can she perchance teleport?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 pm

OOC: I'm waiting to see what Christabel does...I can't quite rule out the possibility of Shil doing something extreme, like trying to reason with people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Mallus wrote:
Gepetto Jack leaves Roxy to her beauty sleep and sets out to explore the manor. For clues.

In the room you crossed over from the Other Side, Killian Root's study, Gepetto Jack notices a small wooden chest with a minor magical aura that he somehow missed on arrival. Growing excited that it might contain valuable... clues... he doesn't notice a slight bunching of the expensive Fae-woven carpet, snags his foot, and tumbles onto the floor.

The door opens. Magnolia walks in, holding a lantern shedding an even green light. There appear to be several more servants behind her.
Jack clutches his hip, as if he might have broken it, as he winces and tears of pain form in his eyes. As a former beggar, he can of course cry on command. Then he launches into a pained blather, trying to keep Magnolia off guard with fast talk. "Oh my dear, you must be careful what you leave about. I'm an old man, and this poorly placed carpet has almost killed me. Oy, I hope I haven't broken a hip. It's so hard for me to travel already, at my advanced age." He places a hand on his "injured" hip and winces in pain. "ooohhh, I think I can feel my bones grind."

OOC: He uses a utility power to improve his bluff.

That's a 35 Bluff.

Last edited by Atlatl Jones on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:06 pm

The member 'Atlatl Jones' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
He places a hand on his "injured" hip and winces in pain. "ooohhh, I think I can feel my bones grind."
Magnolia affects a concerned look and gestures to the servants behind her. With admirable, if not slightly unnatural, speed they surround Gepetto, bending low as if to help him up. From his vantage point, which is just about flat on his ass, Gepetto thinks he sees the lower portion of the servant's transform into gnarled, interlocking roots that wouldn't be out of place on the floor of a forest primeval. He blinks and the roots are gone... but he finds he cannot move from the spot.

Magnolia shutters her lantern. The room goes completely dark. Gepetto feels a rustling in the dirty firmament around him. Something else has entered the room. Several of them.

What feel like vines lash his exposed skin, followed by a raking from phantom branches.

OOC: Gepetto takes 20 Necrotic damage, loses 4 Healing Surges, is Immobilized, and Prone. He can tell he's still surrounded by the three 'servants'. It's very dark. And Mike, can you list G's defenses? -- also, Magnolia *really* believed Gepetto broke his hip... not that it's really going to work in his favor.

Last edited by Mallus on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:46 pm

#1 'd20' : 12, 7, 15, 16

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 10, 13, 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out and About in the Village of Vine   

Back to top Go down

Out and About in the Village of Vine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2