The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Battle of Twilight Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 am

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 12, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 4, 8, 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:36 am

Is Sancerre down after the others go? Artichoke will delay and act accordingly.

Also, if he goes down, do the enemies show any sign of fleeing or concern?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:04 am

shilsen wrote:
Is Sancerre down after the others go?
Not yet. Armand's body is basically a walking bruise, and cut pretty baldly, too. But he's still standing.

Quote :
Also, if he goes down, do the enemies show any sign of fleeing or concern?
The remaining pirates look very concerned, but resolute. Their loyalty to Sancerre is unquestionable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:27 am

Mallus wrote:
Not yet. Armand's body is basically a walking bruise, and cut pretty baldly...

And here I thought only Artichoke was getting cut baldly in this fight Wink

I'm off to teach, so I'll have a post for Artichoke up later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 am

shilsen wrote:
And here I thought only Artichoke was getting cut baldly in this fight Wink
OOC: well, Odanais should have taken more of a licking... then again, I've been (virtually) rolling fairly badly, that is to say, normally.

Quote :
I'm off to teach, so I'll have a post for Artichoke up later.
Bah... doing work at work. Bah, I say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Once more, Pætros steps into nothingness, this time reappearing near his summoned angel. Using the celestial's wide-spread wings to cover his actions, he utters a prayer as he spins his staff. The rune-carved wood cuts a hole in the air, through which a truly enormous pig emerges, beautiful and terrible in its wrath, and proceeds to trample over all before it.

Including the luckless angel, who vanishes with a wail of terror and rage, its formerly pristine robes splattered with mud and ectoplasmic pigshit.

OOC: Teleport to Q11, and use Icon of Terror -- Blast 5 -- to catch Sancere, the Shadar Kai, and Pirate 4...and the poor, poor angel.

30 vs. Sancere, 31 vs. the Shadar Kai, 18 vs. Pirate IV, and 28 vs. the Angel. All against Will.

20 points of Psychic damage to anyone hit, including the angel. Normally pushes everyone 4 squares as well, but we're forgoing that this time around.

Current Defenses: AC 27, Fort 23, Ref 22, Will 22. (Includes -2 to-hit penalty from Astral Splendor), +1 to all defenses against anyone he hit this turn.

For the record, I'm redoing a lot of Pætros' powers for the next session -- there's too much that he can't do without hitting allies. And I need to remember that doing damage isn't his prime purpose in any case.

Last edited by Rolzup on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:02 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 18, 19, 6, 16

#2 'd6' : 6, 3
Back to top Go down
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Once more, Pætros...

Didn't he already act this round, John? There's a post above with him rebuking undead. Or was this with an AP? If so, he gets a +2 to all attack rolls, thanks to Artichoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Mallus wrote:
Not yet. Armand's body is basically a walking bruise, and cut pretty baldly, too. But he's still standing.

Disappointed that Sancerre is still standing, Lien levels his large blade at him and unleashes a blast of radiant energy.

OOC: Use an AP to attack Sancerre with Channel Divinity (32 vs. Will for 34 radiant damage)

LIEN: HP 40/66 (Bloodied 33); Healing surges 5 (16 hp); AC 24, Fort 18, Ref 20, Will 21

Current benefits:
Potent Rebirth: After being reduced to 0 hp, gain +2 to attacks & damage until end of encounter.
Aspect of Might: Until the end of the encounter, gain +5 to Athletics checks, +2 to speed, and +2 to melee damage rolls.

Last edited by shilsen on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 13

#2 'd10' : 4, 9, 7, 4
Back to top Go down
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:32 pm

gridley wrote:
Odanais hurls a bolt of chaos at Sancere that ricochets off his skull in the direction of the witch.
The bolt of shameless, untamed magic rebounds harmlessly off Sancerre/Armand's jaunty cap and plunges into the heart of the local darkness. A muffled female cry is heard a moment before the shadow aura dissolves into everyday (night?) darkness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:35 pm

shilsen wrote:

Didn't he already act this round, John? There's a post above with him rebuking undead.
OOC: thanks for catching that. Pætros rebukes Sancerre this round. The Icon of Terror will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: thanks for catching that. Pætros rebukes Sancerre this round. The Icon of Terror will have to wait.

No problem. I live to screw over our PCs.

On the other hand, did Lien drop Sancerre?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

shilsen wrote:
Disappointed that Sancerre is still standing, Lien levels his large blade at him and unleashes a blast of radiant energy.
OOC: is Sir Lien irradiating to knock out or kill?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Mallus wrote:
is Sir Lien irradiating to knock out or kill?

Knock out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Assuming that Lien dropped Sancerre...

Even in the middle of a storm of blows, Artichoke retains his composure, at least partly by muttering lines from his own pamphlets as if they were the gospel of a strange faith. As Sancerre finally drops from Lien's attack and the cloud of darkness fades away, he shakes off the blows and raises his shield to the ready position, miraculously shrugging off his wounds. That should worry them a bit! Then he steps forward to bestride the fallen Sancerre and shouts aloud to the enemies, "Your leader has fallen! Flee while you still can!"

OOC: Use Second Wind, spending two healing surges (due to his Cloak of the Walking Wounded), and Rousing Words (minor), spending two more surges. Then shift to same square as the fallen Sancerre.

ARTICHOKE: HP 64/64 (Bloodied 32); Healing surges left 5 (17 hp); AC 25 (29 this round), Fort 22 (26 this round), Ref 23 (27 this round), Will 20 (24 this round)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:58 pm

shilsen wrote:
Knock out.
OOC: good choice!

A bolt of radiance cuts Armand Rum's body down like so much foppish wheat. The veteran pirates gasp --and swear-- in disbelief. Their already hard looks harden as they prepare to meet their end. Sancerre's Eladrin cat growls low and long.

The light from Lien's prayer subsides, only to be replaced by a pale glow emanating, at considerably fewer lumens, from the young Rum's abdomen. The ghost of a lithe, muscular elven man steps out from where you imagine Armand's liver would be. He's dressed in ghostly clothes half a century out-of-date. Around his neck is a loop of silver vine tethering him to the body on the ground.

"Win some, lose some" he says in a spritely voice. Sancerre attempts to step away from Rum, only to find himself held fast to the unconscious body by the vine. "Well that's strange, but not wholly unexpected...". Sancerre surveys his men then says "My pirates, do not lose heart!" Evil should still beware! Who?"

"Sancerre!" they shout back. The ghost looks Lien in the eye and says "Boo!"

The chill of the grave accompanied by the taste of a cold white wine with plum notes and a bright, mineral finish fill you as the pirate's close once more (All of you are in a zone: -2 to all defenses and attack roles). Sancerre himself leaves his now-ghostly blades in their scabbards.

Eight shadowy figure materialize out of the darkness, arranged in a semicircle about fifty feet behind Odanais, slowly walking up Twilight Hill.

Perhaps all they seek is a better view?

Last edited by Mallus on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:02 pm

shilsen wrote:
"Your leader has fallen! Flee while you still can!"
"Ummm, look behind you" says one of the veteran pirates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:10 pm

shilsen wrote:
Rolzup wrote:
Once more, Pætros...

Didn't he already act this round, John? There's a post above with him rebuking undead. Or was this with an AP? If so, he gets a +2 to all attack rolls, thanks to Artichoke.

No, no, I thought we were on a new turn somehow. Never mind....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Rolzup wrote:
No, no, I thought we were on a new turn somehow. Never mind....
OOC: don't worry, there's still stuff going on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Captain Artichoke finds himself standing inside the spectral form of Sancerre the Elf. "Avenge me" he says to his pirates somewhat absently as he tugs at the silver vine-like cord that binds him to the body of Armand Rum.

Cut and clearly disheartened, the veteran pirates attack the bald fighting man, only one scoring a hit (20 damage). The Unseemly Folk give cries of alarm as they notice the shadowed figures approaching from the south. The ranking members of the Court turn to meet them, leaving the pirates and cat to the League.

"You're dead Sancerre. Again. Thus our debt to you is over" calls out a familiar voice. It's the unseen man the League parleyed with back a Sancerre's trainyard lair, the one who let you ins. The dark figures stop. Waiting for something, or perhaps sizing you up.

P1: 122 - Bloodied.
P3: 137 - Bloodied.
P4: 85
IP: 35
Sancerre in Ghost Form: this is his soul. It can't be harmed by your weapons. Neither can he directly hurt you. It's creating the blue zone which applies a -2 to all defenses/attack rolls.

Last edited by Mallus on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 8, 9, 8, 18

#2 'd6' : 2, 1, 1, 4, 2

#3 'd6' : 5, 6, 2, 6, 2

#4 'd6' : 3, 1, 5, 3, 3

#5 'd6' : 4, 3, 2, 1
Back to top Go down
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Mallus wrote:
"You're dead Sancerre. Again. Thus our debt to you is over" calls out a familiar voice. It's the unseen man the League parleyed with back a Sancerre's trainyard lair, the one who let you ins.

What exactly did the guy (he was drow, IIRC) tell us about his interest in Sancerre and what would happen if his debt was ended? It's been a long while, so I can't recall the details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 pm

shilsen wrote:

What exactly did the guy (he was drow, IIRC) tell us about his interest in Sancerre and what would happen if his debt was ended?
He and several others were rescued by Sancerre from the hold of slave ship bound for the Snake States (where he assumes they were to be used as gladiators). He's indebted to Sancerre because of this, but he was also obviously ambivalent about it and looking for a way out. He was happy to send you along to Twilight Park, instead of coming to Sancerre's aid as requested.

He mentioned something about disagreeing w/Sancerre over the band's vigilante activities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:42 pm

"As you can see, I still, in a manner of speaking, live" shouts Sancerre to the shadow-wrapped Drow.

"What I can see, is that you were never actually alive" replies the dark elf.

"A technicality" ripostes Sancerre as his bleeding and dumbfounded compatriots prepare to meet the League's counterattack.

The Drow pulls a hood made from immaterial darkness from his head, revealing a lean face almost as pale as the ghost's. "Notreä contrat est fini" he says in the Fae Court speech. His tone is simultaneously solemn and lighthearted, an inevitable consequence of the language being spoken.

"You swore a Fae Pact!" objects Sancerre.

"Which means until death or betrayal."

"Hmmm, you do have me there. Let me at least preserve the illusion of agency -- that's important to us ghosts. I, Effraim D'louze Ennui, who does the business of justice as 'Sancerre', release you, Sir Umbrage of the Court of Night."

"Merci" says Sir Umbrage. He dons his shadow-hood again. By doing so he all but vanishes from sight. The eight figure retreat. Slowly.

"I'd watch out for them" says Sancerre to Artichoke in a hushed and almost friendly voice. "As for you my pirates, hold!" Addressing Artichoke again, Sancerre says "If they throw down their arms, will you spare their lives? Their only sin is loyalty. I saved them from Petard's one-man firing squad many years ago".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle of Twilight Park   

Back to top Go down

The Battle of Twilight Park
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next