The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Lady Dandy's Dilemma

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:43 pm

gridley wrote:

I just cobbled together an interactive map of the Port.
Fantastic!

Quote :
Scott, you'll have to let me know where your new streets and bridges are, so I can put them on the map.
Will do!

P.S. I'm partial to Toxic Boulevard, myself. It's full of apothecary shops, in a addition to bars. In fact, sometimes it's hard to tell the two apart. Also, Gin Street must house a few mills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:46 pm

shilsen wrote:

OOC: You know, Scott, just because WotC puts out the assassin class specially for subscribers doesn't mean you need to use it instantly!
Why not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Lizzy, who had been wandering away, steps up to the goblin. "Leave him alone priest."He says to Paetros. The word 'priest' comes out as an insult. "He doesn't need a new god. He needs to get rid of all the gods who keep him down." Turning to the goblin, "Keep your money citizen. Use it to buy weapons. The time for revolution will come. And the streets will run red with blood of lords and ladies."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:04 pm

overeddie wrote:
Lizzy, who had been wandering away, steps up to the goblin. "Leave him alone priest."He says to Paetros. The word 'priest' comes out as an insult. "He doesn't need a new god. He needs to get rid of all the gods who keep him down." Turning to the goblin, "Keep your money citizen. Use it to buy weapons. The time for revolution will come. And the streets will run red with blood of lords and ladies."

"Pig god not keep him down," Paetros object, "Pig god bear him up. On stench, rising to heavens, maybe. Is good metaphor, accounts for divine odors.

"But you!" he levels a finger at Lizzy, "Is to be revolutionary, eh? Is also good; bloody revolution make for good write-up in gospels. Heads rolling in streets, rivers of blood...very stirring. And pig make excellent immortal god-king, yes? Ruler as literal swine be nice change, for sure."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:18 pm

overeddie wrote:
And the streets will run red with blood of lords and ladies."
Lady Larkspur, youngest daughter of Malcolm, Lord Dandy, takes a quiet step back, putting Odanais's slender frame between her and Lizzie.

Rolzup wrote:
Ruler as literal swine be nice change, for sure."
"It is wonderfully apt" whispers Larkspur into the sorcerers ear. Her breath carries the scent of hothouse flowers. Odanais sways slightly. Addressing the group from behind his shoulder, Lark says "Shouldn't we hurry? Are we sure the spirit of the mask is gone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Mallus wrote:
Christabel sees something out of the corner of her eye; what looks like two patches of shadow dropping behind the far end of the roof of the building across the street. In a moment they're gone.

When Christabel pokes him in the ribs and mentions what she saw, Artichoke looks casually around the area, eyes flickering up at the rooftop where she saw the shadows and then away. He opens his mouth and...

Quote :
"It is wonderfully apt" whispers Larkspur into the sorcerers ear. Her breath carries the scent of hothouse flowers. Odanais sways slightly. Addressing the group from behind his shoulder, Lark says "Shouldn't we hurry? Are we sure the spirit of the mask is gone?"

...says firmly, "The lady makes a good point. Let's not spend any more time than we need to, shall we?" Turning to the goblins, he says, "We'll join you for a friendly drink another time, but for the moment," and he tosses them a couple of golds, "Have one on me."

Artichoke turns to Larkspur and indicates the direction that they are supposed to be heading. Once the group is on the move, he quietly passes on the word to each of them about what Christabel spotted and that they should keep their eyes open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:35 pm

"Sorry Påtros, I'm not down with this pig god business. A bunch of bull if you ask me. But it might be useful bull."

Lizzy moves up next to Artichoke. "Listen Chokey, let me have a few minutes alone with our lady friend. She seems to be hiding something, and I've got ways to make people like her talk. KnowwhatImean?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm

overeddie wrote:
Lizzy moves up next to Artichoke. "Listen Chokey, let me have a few minutes alone with our lady friend. She seems to be hiding something, and I've got ways to make people like her talk. KnowwhatImean?"

Artichoke almost chokes at Lizzy's words, much less at the nickname than at the idea of Lizzy making the daughter of a Magistrate "talk". Especially a Magistrate whose good books the group, thus far, has stayed inside. Taking a deep breath, Captain slows his steps, letting the others get ahead of Lizzy and himself, and then replies quietly, "I appreciate the initiative, Lizzy, but I don't think that's a good idea. She's Lord Dandy's daughter, and while he's quite happy with us right now, I doubt he'd take well to you scaring her. I'm pretty sure she's hiding something too, but we're in no real hurry here, so let's see if we can find out what it is more ... gently as we investigate the matter."

He looks over at Odanais, whose arm Larkspur seems to have wreathed herself around, and adds, "And Odanais, from the looks of it, might have a little more luck at digging up information from her than either of us, I think." Though, if some of the stories about Dandy's kids are true, I shouldn't call him lucky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Mallus wrote:
Rolzup wrote:
Ruler as literal swine be nice change, for sure."
"It is wonderfully apt" whispers Larkspur into the sorcerers ear. Her breath carries the scent of hothouse flowers. Odanais sways slightly.

"Rulers take to the mud while swine take up scepters," whispers Odanais to Larkspur. "You see, transformations all around us."

Mallus wrote:
Addressing the group from behind his shoulder, Lark says "Shouldn't we hurry? Are we sure the spirit of the mask is gone?"

"The lady speaks wisely," says Odanais. "Let us away."

overeddie wrote:
"Sorry Påtros, I'm not down with this pig god business. A bunch of bull if you ask me. But it might be useful bull."

"Every Christ needs his Barabas," mumbles a smiling Odanais, recalling a story he heard from a lady who'd traveled too long in the Interior, "and every Barabas needs his Christ."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:58 pm

shilsen wrote:
"I appreciate the initiative, Lizzy, but I don't think that's a good idea. She's Lord Dandy's daughter, and while he's quite happy with us right now, I doubt he'd take well to you scaring her. I'm pretty sure she's hiding something too, but we're in no real hurry here, so let's see if we can find out what it is more ... gently as we investigate the matter."

He looks over at Odanais, whose arm Larkspur seems to have wreathed herself around, and adds, "And Odanais, from the looks of it, might have a little more luck at digging up information from her than either of us, I think."
Alright Chokey. But you just remember my offer. And old Deny better watch what he gets himself into. Looks like the sorcerer is getting beguiled. I'll keep my axe ready to separate them. You know I was a chaperon at the school dances back in the day? I know how to part two randy dwarves, these two oughtta be a piece of cake."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:02 pm

overeddie wrote:
"Sorry Påtros, I'm not down with this pig god business. A bunch of bull if you ask me. But it might be useful bull."
OOC: ... and then Stalin called Pope Rasputin's god a 'useful idiot'.

gridley wrote:
"You see, transformations all around us."
"Maybe it's the beginning of the World-to-Come" says Larkspur, smiling. Her voice slips into a drifty and flirtatious coo. It's jarring. She seemed honestly naive and anxious earlier. Her perfume has stepped lightly over overpowering into enthralling. Odanais is certain his pupils are dilating.

Larkspur starts to say something, stops, then shakes her head. She looks cross. "It's... this way" she says in a less nakedly seductive tone, indicating a street that runs runs along the border between Five Fathoms and Gog-Magog which leads into the Sway of Medallion.

You enter the Sway without incident, greeted by her father's own bailiffs at the gate. Lark leads you through a maze of the safest twisting, ill-lit alleyways in the Port and out onto Memory Lane, the Sway's main thoroughfare, which leads up to the summit of Memorandum Hill and Medallion's stately mansion. Lord Dandy's estate lies in Medallion's shadow, on a plum plot on the banks of the river Livia.

A sign outside proclaims Lord Dandy's estate is named 'The Vivarium'. Like much of the Port, it's something of a jumble; one smaller manner house in front of a larger one, bridged by a vast glasshouse, with newer construction built haphazardly around, not like flowers, rather like mushrooms clustered around the base of a tree after a rain.

You are quickly let in. Servant begin fussing over Larkspur. Lord Dandy, enters, immaculately dressed even though the hour is late, a perfectly preserved orchid pinned to his lapel.

"I see you are in the company of players, Larkspur" says Lord Dandy coolly. "Did you and Primrose attend the theater?" His eyes widen as he notices her wounds.

"We were at a gallery in the Quadrille, father. Petitioners burst in and tried to steal a magical mask, but it came alive and, and...". Lark's voice cracks, then trails off.

"Send for the physician, and Master Titus". Lord Dandy turns to you. "Thank you for returning my daughter to me. Now tell me what happened."

OOC: fell free to roll some Perception and Sense Motive checks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:07 pm

gridley wrote:
"Every Christ needs his Barabas," mumbles a smiling Odanais, recalling a story he heard from a lady who'd traveled too long in the Interior, "and every Barabas needs his Christ."
OOC: Very Happy - and the part of Barabas is being played by a deadly, Communist ninja!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 pm

overeddie wrote:
old Deny

Hehe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:53 am

Mallus wrote:
"I see you are in the company of players, Larkspur" says Lord Dandy coolly. "Did you and Primrose attend the theater?" His eyes widen as he notices her wounds.

OOC: Artichoke would have made sure that Larkspur is very, very healed up before she gets home.

Quote :
"We were at a gallery in the Quadrille, father. Petitioners burst in and tried to steal a magical mask, but it came alive and, and...". Lark's voice cracks, then trails off.

"Send for the physician, and Master Titus". Lord Dandy turns to you. "Thank you for returning my daughter to me. Now tell me what happened."

Artichoke bows. "It was our pleasure, Lord Dandy. Especially after all your help in the Clagoff affair," he says, figuring that it doesn't hurt to remind the Magistrate about the League's actions in that area, "I thought that the least we could do is ensure that Larkspur arrived home safely. Skilled healers among us have already tended to the lady's wounds too."

As he speaks, Artichoke glances back and forth between Lord Dandy and his daughter, trying to gauge whether Larkspur wants her father to learn why she was at the gallery. (OOC: Did she tell us anything about that?)

Quote :
OOC: fell free to roll some Perception and Sense Motive checks.

Artichoke: Perception 13, Insight 19

Christabel: Perception 21, Insight 22


Last edited by shilsen on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:53 am

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 7, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 7, 12

--------------------------------

#3 'd6' : 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 am

"Is very nice place,"Pætros murmurs. "Is to be making excellent patron, if play cards right."

OOC: Perception: 12. Insight: 36


Last edited by Rolzup on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 am

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 3, 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:15 am

Mallus wrote:
"Thank you for returning my daughter to me. Now tell me what happened."

"Indeed, sir, as the brave young lady says, a vicious member of the Petitioners guild burst into a gallery opening tonight with the intent of stealing the Mask of the Cybelle. We are not yet sure who hired them, but we fully intend to find out. Before we could stop her, the Petitioner placed that foul mask upon your daughter, causing her to be possessed by some force of great evil. Fortunately, we were able to remove the mask before it killed her as it promptly did its second host." Odanais pauses briefly to visibly show his relief, then makes his eyes sad. "Unfortunately nearly a score of art lovers were killed in the conflict before we managed to defeat the Petitioner and her cronies."

Pausing again, as though in memorial for the dead, Odanais bows his head for a bit.

"Lord Choke's men arrived on the scene after the fact and we left them to clean up the mess while escorted your daughter home."

Diplomacy: 28
Perception: 2
Insight: 21


Last edited by gridley on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:15 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 12, 2, 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:01 am

shilsen wrote:
OOC: Artichoke would have made sure that Larkspur is very, very healed up before she gets home.
OOC: Larkspur is healed in the sense she's at full hit points. But she still has bruises and minor burns. Those fade with time and/or Ritual magic (which still doesn't immediately erase all evidence of injury).

Quote :
"I thought that the least we could do is ensure that Larkspur arrived home safely. Skilled healers among us have already tended to the lady's wounds too."
"Again, my thanks".

Quote :
As he speaks, Artichoke glances back and forth between Lord Dandy and his daughter, trying to gauge whether Larkspur wants her father to learn why she was at the gallery. (OOC: Did she tell us anything about that?)
Larkspur indicated her relationship with Armand Rum was secret, and asked you to take care when interviewing his kin, the Rum Bunch --she also warned you they could be dangerous. But she never mentioned her father, or if he knew of the relationship, and didn't specifically ask you to conceal the reason why she was at Made this evening.

Quote :

Artichoke: Perception 13, Insight 19

Christabel: Perception 21, Insight 22
Lord Dandy's tightly controlled expression and tone of voice reveal nothing except the obvious; he's concerned about his daughter and so far, he's choosing not to admonish her, or even inquire further into her plans this evening, which appear different from the ones he was aware of. Lark has regained her composure and is clamming up; becoming cagey in the universal way children do around their parents, especially when they've come home late and something's been wrecked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:14 am

Lizzy bites his tongue, suppressing his ideology for the sake of the business at hand, but his disgust at the opulent surroundings is obvious. He also, not trusting her, keeps a close eye on Lark.

Perception: 24
Insight: 18


Last edited by overeddie on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:14 am

The member 'overeddie' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 15

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 am

Artichoke frowns inwardly, not certain if Odanais mentioning that Larkspur was possessed by an evil spirit is such a good thing, but keeps his face outwardly placid. On the bright side, he thinks, it hopefully makes Lord Dandy think more positively of the group. Unable to work out whether Larkspur would like them to share why she was at the gallery or not, Artichoke mulls it over for a few seconds and then makes a decision. As far as he's concerned, being in Lord Dandy's good graces is much more important than keeping his daughter happy. And it's not as if he's about to share much - unless asked.

"As my companion explained," Artichoke says, "Luckily we were there to deal with the situation. Of course, it's unfortunate that when Lady Larkspur asked us to meet her it was there rather than some other place, but there was no way to know that a Petitioner would come after the mask. At least the lady is safe and sound at home now. We won't take up more of your time, Lord Dandy."

He then turns to Larkspur and adds, "We'll be in touch regarding our investigations, Lady Larkspur."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:43 am

shilsen wrote:
Artichoke frowns inwardly, not certain if Odanais mentioning that Larkspur was possessed by an evil spirit is such a good thing, but keeps his face outwardly placid. On the bright side, he thinks, it hopefully makes Lord Dandy think more positively of the group. Unable to work out whether Larkspur would like them to share why she was at the gallery or not, Artichoke mulls it over for a few seconds and then makes a decision. As far as he's concerned, being in Lord Dandy's good graces is much more important than keeping his daughter happy. And it's not as if he's about to share much - unless asked.

"As my companion explained," Artichoke says, "Luckily we were there to deal with the situation. Of course, it's unfortunate that when Lady Larkspur asked us to meet her it was there rather than some other place, but there was no way to know that a Petitioner would come after the mask. At least the lady is safe and sound at home now. We won't take up more of your time, Lord Dandy."

He then turns to Larkspur and adds, "We'll be in touch regarding our investigations, Lady Larkspur."

OOC: Well, there goes that job out the window...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 am

gridley wrote:
OOC: Well, there goes that job out the window...

OOC: Not necessarily, and Artichoke also has another job in mind. Finding the surviving Petitioners who we fought (Scott, which ones got away? I forget ... many things), and talking to Lord Lively before that, partly so that he knows who saved his mask and partly in case he'll pay us for it and/or for tracking down the Petitioners. Of course, even without those possibilities Artichoke wasn't about to hide stuff from Lord Dandy on Larkspur's behalf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lady Dandy's Dilemma   

Back to top Go down
 
Lady Dandy's Dilemma
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Titleist Lady Cap
» Lady Aztecs FC03 - Open Spots
» Dead Heat in US Champs Women's 100m creates Olympic dilemma
» Who likes Korean lady golfers????
» Lady Aztecs '05 - CFBAL vs. DIAL

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: