The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Outside Hidimba's Head

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:30 am

OOC: Odanais will hit the bars, looking for information about what sort of dealings Lord Bum is up to these days.

Streetwise: 30


Last edited by gridley on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:30 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:35 am

Mallus wrote:
"Is the angel here yet? I hear him, but I can't see him. And I didn't know angels said fuck. You learn something new every day."

"Is always here in some sense or other. And 'fuck' is recent addition to vocabulary; service to Pætros has been educational process."

Mallus wrote:
Heyoka stops scanning the room and turns his gaze to Pætros. "Can't I just wrestle you? You're also covered in holy fire. I can see that. I wonder if it'll burn? Please?!". The large, eager, and somewhat incoherent warrior cracks his knuckles. It's not a pleasant sound.

Pætros flexes a curiously-jointed arm, an oddly unsettling sight, and shakes his head. "Wrestle only intellectual problems, occasionally ethical ones. Not physical ones, is why I bound angel.

He slams his staff upon the ground again, a blade of purest light slices the air, and a truly glorious being strides forth once more. "You are a hateful man," says a voice like a chorus of castratro, "And you fate shall be an ugly one."

Pætros waves a hand. "Heard it before; still not impressed. Prepare for rumbling, and be quick about it."

The blazing sword vanishes, and the angel folds its arms petulantly. "I am as ready as can be expected, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 pm

shilsen wrote:
Artichoke will go out and see what he can learn about the art gallery, as well as anything he might pick up about the beggar who delivered the message.
The gallery is called Made. It usually features small works of sculpture, jewelry, and assemblage. It's not too far from the new League HQ: from the back entrance of the mansion take Whack St. to Sad Kate's Square, cross Tinker St. into the Hush, follow Serpentyne across St. Serpentyne's Bridge onto Library Island, follow that until it joins the River (Anaerobic) Gardens, take the Wit's End Bridge into the Quadrille, follow Wayward, make a left on Fancy until it crosses Flyte at the Epiphany Square. A pleasant walk, during the day, when unmolested, to be sure.

According to post-bills in the neighborhood, it's the last week of a special exhibition; an ivory mask called The Face of Cybelle, from an island in the Deep Aster. The mask has recently been purchased by Lord Lively.

As for the messenger, Atrichoke asks around and only confirms that he is likely a member of the Unseemly Court.

Quote :
One PC for each player who'll be present on Friday, so Christabel, Odanais, Lizzy, Pætros and Artichoke.
OOC: Wonderful. Things are easier that way.

gridley wrote:
Odanais will hit the bars, looking for information about what sort of dealings Lord Bum is up to these days.
Odanais is surprised to find that Arsely Bottom, Lord Bum, is not, in fact, a Magistrate in this version of the Port, and presides not over districts but a flophouse, public park, and coterie of street people. However, a few hours spent pouring on oily charm reveals that Lord Bum is no ordinary beggar. His followers are alternately described as factotums, fixers, a thieves guild, and a spy network. They coexist with the likes of the Deacon, the Man in Rags and Tatters, and Jimmy Heatshimmer. On one matter all the tales agree, some of the Unseemly Court seem rather well off...

The messenger was a young member of the Court named Bellewether. By reputation a sharp wit, but with a tendency to talk too much.

Rolzup wrote:
"I am as ready as can be expected, I suppose."
"Great!" Heyoka leaps...

OOC: John, roll initiative. Everyone else... place your bets?


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:36 pm

OOC: Initiative is 24. Now, as to the Angel's stats?

AC: 27, Fort: 21, Reflex: 18, Will: 22, Hit Points: 30, Move: 6/Fly 6 (hover). Melee 1, targets one creature, +9 vs. Fortitude, 1d8+5 damage. How this translates into wrestling, I'm am looking forward to discovering. But there is ALWAYS a way.


"Do not fear to hit below belt," Pætros councils.


Last edited by Rolzup on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:36 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Heyoka leaps at the angel, grabbing it with one paw, and attempts to drag it to the floor. The angel, in turn, perhaps because it is a creature of grace, perhaps out of spite for it's master, extinguishes the flaming sword and tries to get Heyoka into a hold.

OOC: Heyoka - Init 24, Athletics 21.

John, roll an Athletics check for the angel (1D20+14)


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 18, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Mallus wrote:
Heyoka leaps at the angel, grabbing it with one paw, and attempts to drag it to the floor. The angel, in turn, perhaps because it is a creature of grace, perhaps out of spite for it's master, extinguishes the flaming sword and tries to get Heyoka into a hold.

OOC: Heyoka - Init 24, Athletics 21.

John, roll an Athletics check for the angel (1D20+14)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:02 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:08 pm

OOC: That's a 15, sir. Says something about the state of angels these days, you ask me.

"Can we not reason together, instead of this demeaning struggle?", the angels asks plaintively from the ground, trying to fight its way free of Heyoka's grasp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Lizzy bets on Heyoka since he's pretty sure he exists and Lizzy doesn't believe in angels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Can we not reason together, instead of this demeaning struggle?", the angels asks plaintively from the ground, trying to fight its way free of Heyoka's grasp.
"Sure. As soon as I pin you and fill you with drugs!" shouts Heyoka, who then bear hugs the angel and drops to the floor.

OOC: Heyoka - Athletics: 33

overeddie wrote:
Lizzy bets on Heyoka since he's pretty sure he exists and Lizzy doesn't believe in angels.
OOC: Score one for materialism!


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:16 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:54 pm

OOC: 22!

"But doesn't that strike you as being in any way...please stop doing that to my arm...immoral? Are you not concerned with the fate of your soul?"


Last edited by Rolzup on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:54 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"But doesn't that strike you as being in any way...please stop doing that to my arm...immoral?
"Not really. Besides, I'm going to kill the Magistrate who touches little boys someday. Won't that redeem me?" Heyoka maneuvers himself on top of the angel.

Quote :
"Are you not concerned with the fate of your soul?"
"Reincarnation!" shouts Heyoka as he begins to smother the immortal.

OOC: Athletics: 29

John, roll once more.


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:30 pm

OOC: 24.

"Well, I suppose that could be considered good from a certain point of...ow, you know, that really hurts!


Last edited by Rolzup on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:30 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:14 pm

A triumphant Heyoka Jumps-Off-Mountains pins the angel to the ground. The immortal concedes, its choral voice amplifying the concession a hundredfold. The Shifter stands up. He tries of offer the angel a hand but it seems to have disappeared.

"That was fun. But too easy. OK, so when I want to smuggle something you'll bring the angel back, right Mr. Pig Fondler?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:26 pm

Mallus wrote:

"That was fun. But too easy. OK, so when I want to smuggle something you'll bring the angel back, right Mr. Pig Fondler?"

"Deal is deal." Pætros shakes his head. "Expected better of angel, frankly."

He takes a step forward, leveling a finger at Heyoka. "Not pig-fondler, though. Please to be remembering this. Pig preacher, yes. Pig prophet, maybe. But Pætros has his limits, god or no god."

He waves the manbeast away. "Go now. Must familiarize self with Pig, learn nature of its divinity. Is called 'Treasure', yes?"

Pætros seats himself cross-legged before Treasure and commences staring intensely at it.

OOC: Insight 34, Religion 10, Nature 16. Just for the record and all.

"Does not smell like most gods. Usually Myrrh, or sandalwood, blood or hot metal. First god I know of that smell like pig shit."


Last edited by Rolzup on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:26 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 18, 1, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Rolzup wrote:
OOC: Insight 34, Religion 10, Nature 16.
Pætros intuits that Treasure was the beneficiary of a Conjunction of the Million Spheres, which is a fancy way of saying she was in the right metaphysical place at the appointed-and-yet-unforeseeable time, and is currently defecating in the vicinity of his boots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Rolzup wrote:

"Does not smell like most gods. Usually Myrrh, or sandalwood, blood or hot metal."
Also -- Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   

Back to top Go down
 
Outside Hidimba's Head
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Complete 4AC head, alternator
» FS: 1980 Toyota Corolla quad head light front end
» UK Head Coach blasts UK
» Steering Head Bearings
» Fresh 4ac Head

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: