The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Outside Hidimba's Head

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Mallus wrote:
At this point, Heyoka Jumps-Off-Mountains bounds down the stairs. "Who wants coffee? I want coffee. So I'm going to make coffee. I might put drugs in it... I mean spices. That's right. Who's up for some spiced coffee that might give you a lot energy or visions?"

Rolzup wrote:
"But are for being sued, yes?" Pætros pats Artichoke on the back. "Is no shame: Pætros has been sued many times. Process servers, worse than locusts. Crunch less when stepped on, at least."

He sighs wistfully. "Very good day, that was."

"Good to know," says Artichoke thoughtfully, before looking over at Heyoka. "Heyoka - meet Pætros! Pætros - Heyoka! You'll find," he adds quickly to the newcomer, "Heyoka very interested in the question of religion. Why don't you go talk to him over a cup of coffee about the divine Dog we have in town?"

Once away from the other two, Artichoke starts making plans for a visit to the Quadrille that night, wondering who - if anyone - he can afford to take along.

OOC: Scott, do you want to play out what happens at the Quadrille on the forums or at your place? Since I have no internet at home, I'll be a little slower than usual on the forums, but should be able to check them daily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"But are for being sued, yes?" Pætros pats Artichoke on the back. "Is no shame: Pætros has been sued many times. Process servers, worse than locusts. Crunch less when stepped on, at least."
"Lawyers," grumbles Lizzy. "Worse than priests those guys." Lizzy turns to Artichoke "So we're getting sued eh? Who do I kill, Chokey?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Ha! Vegetable man is for being sued!"

"No one sues our vegetable man and lives!" screams Odanais with the relish of a man's who's been drinking rum since the previous evening. "Give us the address of the claimant, boss, and we'll go burn their house down."

Mallus wrote:
the corner of Flyte and Fancy

OOC: Very nice...

Mallus wrote:
The missive is signed with a single large, letter "L".

"Aha... so it's our old arch enemy... L," says Odanais, nodding thoughtfully, then turning to the new high priest of Treasure. "I'll tell you what, pig fondler, this character L was so vile a villain, that the crew here were forced to chop off all his limbs, drop him a spike-filled pit, fill him with explosives, and then hurl him into a crowded theater. They must have truly hated him. Say.... I wonder how he wrote that letter..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 pm

overeddie wrote:
"Lawyers," grumbles Lizzy. "Worse than priests those guys." Lizzy turns to Artichoke "So we're getting sued eh? Who do I kill, Chokey?"

gridley wrote:
"No one sues our vegetable man and lives!" screams Odanais with the relish of a man's who's been drinking rum since the previous evening. "Give us the address of the claimant, boss, and we'll go burn their house down."

Well, that takes care of keeping it quiet! Barely keeping from rolling his eyes, Artichoke says calmly, "Nobody's suing us. In fact, we may have a client. I've been asked to meet him in the Quadrille tonight. It's just a meeting," he continues, with little hope, "So anyone who has better things to do doesn't need to come along."

Quote :
"Aha... so it's our old arch enemy... L," says Odanais, nodding thoughtfully, then turning to the new high priest of Treasure. "I'll tell you what, pig fondler, this character L was so vile a villain, that the crew here were forced to chop off all his limbs, drop him a spike-filled pit, fill him with explosives, and then hurl him into a crowded theater. They must have truly hated him. Say.... I wonder how he wrote that letter..."

"Not ... exactly accurate," Artichoke adds. "And the letter isn't from L. It's most likely from Lord Bum, the so-called "King of Beggars". He lives - supposedly - in a flophouse in the Stagger. And is rumored to know the street and the underworld very well. He could be a useful person to have beholden to us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:57 pm

gridley wrote:

"Pætros likes your attitude. You will be deacon."

gridley wrote:

Pætros blinks. " 'Pig fondler'?" He shakes his head. "Suggest watching words; excommunication process will be very painful. Pætros can be very creative. Fate of 'L' fellow good start...."

shilsen wrote:

"Not ... exactly accurate," Artichoke adds. "And the letter isn't from L. It's most likely from Lord Bum, the so-called "King of Beggars". He lives - supposedly - in a flophouse in the Stagger. And is rumored to know the street and the underworld very well. He could be a useful person to have beholden to us."

"Is good. Beggars like pigs, yes? Is well known fact."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:48 am

Rolzup wrote:
"Pætros likes your attitude. You will be deacon."

"Marvelous!"

Rolzup wrote:
Pætros blinks. " 'Pig fondler'?" He shakes his head. "Suggest watching words; excommunication process will be very painful. Pætros can be very creative. Fate of 'L' fellow good start...."

"Sorry, friend," says Odanais with a broad smile. "Perhaps that word doesn't have quite the same implication as it did in the universe where I'm from. Do your priests here not sing ecstatic hymns about fondling the divinity of their gods?"

Rolzup wrote:
"Is good. Beggars like pigs, yes? Is well known fact."

"Who doesn't?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:52 am

shilsen wrote:
"Beggars don't need a king. They need to seize the means of production and run the bastard kings out of town on a rail. He should die." Lizzy spits. "When do we start the National Beggars Liberation Front (NaBeLF)?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 am

gridley wrote:
"Perhaps that word doesn't have quite the same implication as it did in the universe where I'm from. Do your priests here not sing ecstatic hymns about fondling the divinity of their gods?"
OOC: So Odanais 2 is a refugee from the Handjob Continuum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:01 am

Heyoka Jumps-Off-Mountains returns from the kitchen. "Coffee's on. It's very... strong. I had to make up for the actual coffee part being shit." He sniff the air for a moment, then pounces to Artichoke's side.

"Not like this stuff." Heyoka looks down at the letter. Instead of reaching for it, he brings his face to it, practically diving onto the table. Which gives Captain no time to step away. The Shifter gets a snout-full of the letter while Artichoke gets a snout-full of Shifter.

"Syphillume Dark Roast, from the Snake States. Good stuff. And expensive". He sniffs again, "There's other stuff too. I bet it's to make it smell nicer. But nothing smells nicer than coffee, except maybe hashish."

OOC: We'll start on Friday at the gallery. Let's play-by-post until that point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 am

overeddie wrote:

"Beggars don't need a king. They need to seize the means of production and run the bastard kings out of town on a rail. He should die."
Picking up Lizzie's fervor, if not the exact meaning of his words, Heyoka adds "Damn right! When do we start fighting?"

Quote :
"When do we start the National Beggars Liberation Front (NaBeLF)?"
At this, Heyoka frowns. "We're starting another group? We have a lot already. This is confusing".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 am

overeddie wrote:
"Beggars don't need a king. They need to seize the means of production and run the bastard kings out of town on a rail. He should die." Lizzy spits. "When do we start the National Beggars Liberation Front (NaBeLF)?"

Artichoke lifts an eyebrow and then says, "Any time you want, Lizzy. Just try to do it without attempting to kill Lord Bum. Or at least not before we find out what this is about, okay?"

Quote :
"Not like this stuff." Heyoka looks down at the letter. Instead of reaching for it, he brings his face to it, practically diving onto the table. Which gives Captain no time to step away. The Shifter gets a snout-full of the letter while Artichoke gets a snout-full of Shifter.

Artichoke, having had experience of Heyoka (and Heyoka-after-Dog, and pig gods, and various such flavorful experiences) earlier, promptly stops breathing till Heyoka backs up, an act signified by Captain's face and bald pate gradually reddening.

Quote :
"Syphillume Dark Roast, from the Snake States. Good stuff. And expensive". He sniffs again, "There's other stuff too. I bet it's to make it smell nicer. But nothing smells nicer than coffee, except maybe hashish."

"Really?" asks Artichoke, the question a little breathless as he resumes breathing. "I wouldn't expect that from Lord Bum, but then again, I don't personally know the man." He looks around. "Just to be on the safe side, let's be on the lookout for trouble, shall we?" Realizing what the statement may mean to this group, he hastily adds, "But we won't start anything unless someone else does, okay? Okay?"

Quote :
OOC: We'll start on Friday at the gallery. Let's play-by-post until that point.

Sounds good. BTW, nice use of Heyoka. It helps to have a few extra (N)PCs around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 pm

shilsen wrote:
"But we won't start anything unless someone else does, okay? Okay?"

"It's an art gallery," says Odanais, nimbly filing his fingernails with a long dagger. "What sort of conflict could possibly befall us at an art gallery?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:22 pm

Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
"Perhaps that word doesn't have quite the same implication as it did in the universe where I'm from. Do your priests here not sing ecstatic hymns about fondling the divinity of their gods?"
OOC: So Odanais 2 is a refugee from the Handjob Continuum?

You worship in your way and we in ours.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:46 pm

gridley wrote:
"It's an art gallery," says Odanais, nimbly filing his fingernails with a long dagger. "What sort of conflict could possibly befall us at an art gallery?

Artichoke stares at Odanais for a few moments and then says, shaking his head sadly, "Have you not met us? And why did you have to say that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:09 pm

gridley wrote:
shilsen wrote:
"But we won't start anything unless someone else does, okay? Okay?"

"Critics can be very vicious," Pætros replies, shaking his head. "But if not artists, probably safe." He pauses, considering. "Any icons of Pig-God? If not, should remedy. Blood excellent medium; very religious."

He turns to Heyoka. "You, Furry-man! How are veins?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:29 pm

"I'll listen to what he has to say Chokey. But he's on my list. " Lizzy takes out a list and writes a big 'L' on it. "And don't you worry about trouble. From each according to his ability to each according to his need, I always say."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"You, Furry-man! How are veins?"
Heyoka takes a long swig of 'coffee' from the tin cup he carries and says 'I think they're on fire. Which feels kind of strange." He flexes some of his considerable and inhumanly-hinged musculature. "Would you like to wrestle me for my blood?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 pm

overeddie wrote:
Lizzy takes out a list and writes a big 'L' on it. "And don't you worry about trouble. From each according to his ability to each according to his need, I always say."
OOC: Doesn't Lizzie demonizing a rich homeless man put him in the same camp as Republican strategists?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Mallus wrote:
overeddie wrote:
Lizzy takes out a list and writes a big 'L' on it. "And don't you worry about trouble. From each according to his ability to each according to his need, I always say."
OOC: Doesn't Lizzie demonizing a rich homeless man put him in the same camp as Republican strategists?

Lizzie's gone so far left, he came out on the right!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Mallus wrote:
overeddie wrote:

OOC: Oh no you didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Mallus wrote:
Rolzup wrote:
"You, Furry-man! How are veins?"
Heyoka takes a long swig of 'coffee' from the tin cup he carries and says 'I think they're on fire. Which feels kind of strange." He flexes some of his considerable and inhumanly-hinged musculature. "Would you like to wrestle me for my blood?"

"Feh. Pætros above such things. Wrestle angel, maybe? Write it up for gospels, even."

A bitter sigh emanates from nowhere in particular; the luminiferous æther perhaps?

Pætros rolls his eyes. "Angels such whiners. Holy books generally omit this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Angels such whiners. Holy books generally omit this."
Very Happy

Heyoka thinks for a moment, "You're on! But no flaming swords. Also, my people believe if you can wrestle an angel to the ground it has to be your drug mule for a while. Is this true? Can we make it be true?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Mallus wrote:
Rolzup wrote:
"Angels such whiners. Holy books generally omit this."
Very Happy

Heyoka thinks for a moment, "You're on! But no flaming swords. Also, my people believe if you can wrestle an angel to the ground it has to be your drug mule for a while. Is this true? Can we make it be true?"

"Suppose so, but only Pætros can call it forth. Still, can call it, stuff drugs into it, send it back to celestial realms. Call it again later, in different place, remove drugs."

"Fuck you," opines the air. "That's not what I contract for, and I'll have no part in it."

Pætros shrugs. "Suggest not losing, then."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:39 am

"Is the angel here yet? I hear him, but I can't see him. And I didn't know angels said fuck. You learn something new every day."

Heyoka stops scanning the room and turns his gaze to Pætros. "Can't I just wrestle you? You're also covered in holy fire. I can see that. I wonder if it'll burn? Please?!". The large, eager, and somewhat incoherent warrior cracks his knuckles. It's not a pleasant sound.

OOC: Aside from possibly placing bets on a certain angel-Shifter wrestling match, is there anything else your characters are doing today? And who, pray tell, is going to meeting at the art gallery?

Last edited by Mallus on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:12 am

Mallus wrote:
OOC: Aside from possibly placing bets on a certain angel-Shifter wrestling match, is there anything else your characters are doing today?

Artichoke will go out and see what he can learn about the art gallery, as well as anything he might pick up about the beggar who delivered the message.

Quote :
And who, pray tell, is going to meeting at the art gallery?

Simple. One PC for each player who'll be present on Friday, so Christabel, Odanais, Lizzy, Pætros and Artichoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outside Hidimba's Head   

Back to top Go down

Outside Hidimba's Head
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next