The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Day The Leeches Died

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Rolzup wrote:
The series of color-themed rooms having come to an end, Artichoke finds that the exit from the Black Room opens into the end of the hallway. There's a staircase opposite, and a second hallway with a door at eiter end and three doors set into the Eastern wall.

"Let's leave the staircase for later," Artichoke suggests, "And check all the rooms on this level first." If nobody disagrees, he heads down the hallway with them, checking the doors in order as they pass.

Quote :
(As a side note -- nothing to be concerned about, surely -- could everyone update their PCs? Might be relevant sometime soon. You never know.)

Okay. Artichoke and Christabel are updated.

Atlatl Jones wrote:
What level are we now?

8th, I believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 pm

gridley wrote:
"You're a jealous one, aren't you?" Odanais arches an eyebrow at Lien. "Tell you what.... the next time you come back to life, you can lick my hand too."
Lien ponders this for a moment.

"Deal."

"But you have to tie me up first, push your hand in my face, and make me lick it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:

"But you have to tie me up first, push your hand in my face, and make me lick it."

And the borders of good taste are tested once again.... I cannot help but think of Spinal Tap's legendary album, Smell the Glove....but be that as it may.

The closest room is decorated in soothing, muted colors. A deep carpet and thick walls seem to muffle the sounds within, and the only furniture is a few overstuffed chairs, a pair of fainting couches, and a sideboard containing numerous small bottles.

To the South, what’s clearly a guardroom. Cots, a rack of weapons, a small table with a well used deck of cards upon it.

The door at the Southern end of the hallway…the sound of music is audible as you approach, obviously originating from behind the door. And of course, two doors remain to the North.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:

Lien ponders this for a moment.

"Deal."

"It's a date."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:15 pm

gridley wrote:
"It's a date."
It's the Story of O(danais)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:20 pm

Rolzup wrote:
... containing numerous small bottles.
> Examine bottles

Quote :
... a well used deck of cards upon it.
> Take cards

Quote :
... the sound of music is audible as you approach, obviously originating from behind the door.
> Draw axe

> Ejaculate on axe

> (You can ejaculate on that!)

> Barge through door

> (Which door do you want to barge through?)

> Music door
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:54 pm

gridley wrote:
"It's a date."
"Yes."

Sir Lien gets a strange look on his face. It almost might look sort-of like a smile, if it weren't so dour. You've seen this look on him before, when we spoke about throwing him into the sphere of annihilation, and also when he was last stabbed in the kidney.

Then Lien hears the music, and sees Yatagan preparing to rush through the door. He sighs, and pinches himself in an uncomfortable place before pulling out his huge sword.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:12 pm

When he sees Yatagan about to barrel through the door, Artichoke quickly gets out of the way and draws his sword too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Most of the bottles contain liquor of some sort or another; a few, much smaller, contain only a very strong odor -- smelling salts, or perhaps smelling sulfur.

The cards are merely cards. Okay, marked cards, but not in a good way.

The door explodes into splinters. It wasn't locked, but it opened in....

And the music hits Yatigan full in the face. It's not loud, but it's insistent, and as an artist it offends him greatly. It's not consistent -- it seems to jump from tune to tune every few bars. The ones responsible for it are a string quartet just to the side of the door Yatigan's destroyed; neither they nor the various people in formal dress who are milling about here bother to look in his direction.

In fact, only one man, standing by the buffet table, reacts to Yatigan's entrance at all, raising an eyebrow and a glass on wine in the reptile's direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Curious! Artichoke looks past Yatagan's imposing - and considerable - bulk and says, using a tone more appropriate to a chance meeting at a social gathering than the moment after one kicks in a door brandishing a weapon, "Excuse me, but may I ask what you are doing here? And who you are?" A second later, he adds, just as politely but firmly, "This is private property, you know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:15 am

Noting Captain's drawn weapon, Yatagan thinks: Wonderful! He took his sword out without prompting. We'll make a dashing hero of him yet!

He pauses a moment, recalling his promise to Tiddy Mun and considering, however briefly, the limited carrying capacity inside his own skull. Addressing the standing man he says, "We are exorcists-at-arms from the Ordo Porco Dei. You should be thankful we are not music critics. If that were the case we'd have spilled your ectoplasm without so much as an introduction. Now that we are acquainted --what were your names again?-- and proper respect for the dead has been paid... vacate these premises at once!"

Noticing the buffet Yatagan adds, "Oh, do you perchance have pie?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:34 pm

The man bows low, removing his plumed hat as he does so. "Never before have I seen a party so literally crashed. You deserve congratulations and pie both; alas, I can offer only the first of these."

Straightening, he rather fussily replaces his hat. "Dominic Boscage, at your service. Scholar, raconteur, poet, lover, explorer, and notary public." He draws his rapier with a flourish, displaying the stamp that serves as its pommel, and sheaths it with equally blinding speed.

"I'd be delighted to exit this place if you can show me the way. I came here through no fault of my own; three days ago I was in the Outback, exploring a rather curious rock which hung unsupported in mid-air, when I fell into a crevice and found myself here, attending a thoroughly mediocre cocktail party.

"The buffet is, at least, interesting, but," he steps aside and, with a grimace, indicates a man lying prone on the table behind him, eyes wide and full of panic, as a servant delicately slices a cut of meat from his arm, "Not to my taste. I've tried rescuing the fellow, but every time I take my eyes from him he's back on the platter. It's a little infuriating, frankly.

"So," he concludes, "Where are we, precisely? And what is this Ordo Porco Dei of yours? I must, shamefully, confess my ignorance. Health inspectors, are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"So," he concludes, "Where are we, precisely? And what is this Ordo Porco Dei of yours? I must, shamefully, confess my ignorance. Health inspectors, are you?"

Artichoke grimaces slightly at the new development. Monsters would be easier to deal with. "It's a long story," he says, "But you're actually inside the mind of someone in the Port. Our client, that is, and we're ... more like a cleaning crew than health inspectors. As for getting you out of here, that we can arrange." I think, he adds silently to himself.

"What about these people?" he asks, indicating the other guests, waiters, etc. "Have you had any real interaction with them? Do they seem to be, well, real?" Artichoke glances at the man on the table. For that poor bastard's sake, I hope he isn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:19 pm

shilsen wrote:
"But you're actually inside the mind of someone in the Port. Our client, that is, and we're ... more like a cleaning crew than health inspectors. As for getting you out of here, that we can arrange." I think, he adds silently to himself.

"If we can get out, it makes sense that he can accompany us," agrees Odanais, nodding slowly. "It might be best if he joins us for the rest of our psychic sojourn. Just in case we need to make a quick getaway."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:39 am

"Well, they're not much for conversation, that's for damned sure. Get close enough and you can hear them talking to each other, but it's nothing more than gossip." Dominic grimaces. "Old gossip, at that. Some old biddy talking excitedly about Lady Billoq expecting someone's bastard child...but I've met the lad, and he's pushing seventy now. Quite the scandal back in the day, admittedly, but not going to be much of a shock to anyone these days.

"They're a bit like the buffet here, too. Walk away, and they're gone, with someone else babbling in their place. Come back a few minutes later, it's that original biddy once more."

He strokes his finely pointed beard, and nods. "You saying that I'm in someone's mind, that actually makes a goodly bit of sense out of all this. And if you're willing to have my company, I'm more than glad to offer it. There's a reason that I'm still in this room, after all. There's things out there, and they mean me no good at all."

Dominic goes on to describe vague shapes skulking about, barely visible even in strong light. "I drew upon one, but it pointed at me and I just found myself thrown backwards without ever having been touched. Bad enough, that, but then I felt like something was trying to pry its way into my very thoughts. I don't mind saying that I took to my heels then and there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Rolzup wrote:
And if you're willing to have my company, I'm more than glad to offer it. There's a reason that I'm still in this room, after all.
"Forgive my initial rudeness. We have been battling with monsters" says Yatagan apologetically. "We would be delighted if a Renaissance man like yourself joined our modest party! I believe we are of a kind, for we too wear many hats. Among them the berets of celebrated artists, the plain working-class caps of activists, the miters of prophets, and the gleaming helms of heroes."

Apparently modest has a different meaning among the Dragonborn.

Quote :
There's things out there, and they mean me no good at all."
"Fear not. Together we shall murder them with justice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Mallus wrote:
"Forgive my initial rudeness. We have been battling with monsters" says Yatagan apologetically. "We would be delighted if a Renaissance man like yourself joined our modest party! I believe we are of a kind, for we too wear many hats. Among them the berets of celebrated artists, the plain working-class caps of activists, the miters of prophets, and the gleaming helms of heroes."

Apparently modest has a different meaning among the Dragonborn.

"Yes," says Artichoke, smiling politely and completely disingenuously. "We are positively legion." Or something. More seriously, he adds, "Then it's decided. You should come along with us and we'll take you along when we exit this place."

As they leave the room, Artichoke takes one last look around it and says, "It seems Hidimba's family had a very ... idiosyncratic way of throwing a party." Maybe it's a good thing that he's the only survivor. As long as he survives till we get out. He then proceeds to lead the others towards the closest of the doors to the north.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Lien looks toward the buffet, with an expression that looks something like envy, or possibly lust.

He then addresses Dominic, without managing to look away from the table. "Yes, I came here in much the same way, only I had to die first. You didn't die when you fell off that rock, did you? That's actually among the more pleasant ways of dying. Not as pleasant as falling face-first into a vat of molten chocolate, mind you, but much nicer than being swallowed whole and digested to death by a flatulent cow-god.

Lien shudders.

"Yes, I welcome you. To our little party if you're still alive. And, if you died and were reincarned, to my personal hell. I'm sure you'll love it."

As the rest of the party shuffles out of the room, Lien says "I'll join you in a moment. I have something to take care of first." Then you hear the sound of a man being pushed off a buffet table and the sound of a deva avenger taking off his shirt and laying down on the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:09 pm

The buffet hits the ground with a thud, and doesn't move.

Lien is considered for a moment, the flesh of his arm tested with a pair of calipers, and a sweet fluid poured down his throat with the aid of a golden funnel.

Sensation remains, but Lien quickly finds his limbs becoming heavy, and impossible to move. By the time the server begins cutting into his chest, he's completely immobile -- unable to even speak. All of his senses seem heightened, though...colors are brigther and more vivid, sounds richer and more detailed...and as the man begins stripping a thin slice of muscle from above his ribs, he realizes that his sensations of pain, too, are much, MUCH greater than before.

When Artichoke pushes the door open, he finds himself feeling a disoriented for a moment. He's looking into what appears to be the common room of a rustic tavern, with the red light of sunset struggling its way through parchment windows.

While there are half-empty mugs, and half-eaten food, sitting in place on most of the tables, the room has only one occupant: an old woman, with a hood casting her features into shadow, with a deck of cards on the table before her.

"I find this entire situation objectionable," she snaps, before Artichoke can speak, "And I endure it only under protest. This form is stereotypical, these surroundings crude and uncomfortable, and you seem to be in no way worthy of my time or attention. Nevertheless, this is the Wyrd that I must endure, so let us not delay."

After spitting on the floor (a small serpent slithering away from the point of impact), she indicates the cards with a roll of her eyes. "Draw, if you dare, and let Dame Fortune gift you, or curse you, as you deserve.

"Or don't. I really don't give a fuck."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:42 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"Draw, if you dare, and let Dame Fortune gift you, or curse you, as you deserve.
"My kind prefers to wrestle Madame Fate to the ground, search her for valuables, and then spray her clutch of eggs with potent fluids. So I must politely decline".

Yatagan is momentarily distracted by the screams of commingled agony and delight coming from the room 'behind' him.

"As to your Wyrd... rejoice! For we can change it! One way or the other."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlatl Jones

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Sensation remains, but Lien quickly finds his limbs becoming heavy, and impossible to move. By the time the server begins cutting into his chest, he's completely immobile -- unable to even speak. All of his senses seem heightened, though...colors are brigther and more vivid, sounds richer and more detailed...and as the man begins stripping a thin slice of muscle from above his ribs, he realizes that his sensations of pain, too, are much, MUCH greater than before.
Lien relishes the voluptuous pain, and inwardly offers it as a prayer to the sanctity of pure soul, cursing the physical demiurge with his tortured flesh.

He is also thankful for the paralysis. Otherwise, his urge to squirm and giggle might be too strong to resist, and such undignified actions would be blasphemy to the moral philosophy of enlightenment-through-physical-mortification. Also, hopefully he won't have to change his pants either. That's always awkward.

(OOC: Is it a good think or a bad thing that I'm horrified by my own character?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:40 pm

Artichoke too pauses, partly at the sight and partly at the sounds coming from the rear. "I think Lien is experiencing another rebirth," he mutters to nobody in particular, before addressing the woman in the room. "And who exactly might you be, madam? And what is this," he gestures at the cards, "For?"

Atlatl Jones wrote:
(OOC: Is it a good think or a bad thing that I'm horrified by my own character?)

I believe, in your case, it should be classified as 'par for the course' maybe? And, just for the record, I'm loving what you're doing with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Atlatl Jones wrote:
Lien relishes the voluptuous pain, and inwardly offers it as a prayer to the sanctity of pure soul, cursing the physical demiurge with his tortured flesh.

It goes on for quite some time, the carving, the serving, the vague figures walking away and eating the bits of flesh without ever pausing in their conversation. Lien's blood is collected in small ceramic bowls and various things are dipped in it before being consumed; the toxin that he was served has, it seems, subtly flavored blood and flesh both.

This was, he remembers now, something of an art in certain Tiefling circles.

He passes into unconsciousness gradually, despite the pain. And wakes in a chair, opening his bleary eyes to see the dance continuing and his flesh unmarred.

Atlatl Jones wrote:

It is, I think, only proper under the circumstances.

shilsen wrote:
Artichoke too pauses, partly at the sight and partly at the sounds coming from the rear. "I think Lien is experiencing another rebirth," he mutters to nobody in particular, before addressing the woman in the room. "And who exactly might you be, madam? And what is this," he gestures at the cards, "For?"

"I am who I am. Names have power, and I'm not sharing mine with the likes of you. And I'm here because someone...or something," she looks at Yatigan for a moment, "In this misbegotten place has a destiny of some sort or another, and I was drawn here to facilitate it. Once that's done, I can leave. Now, you gonna draw a card?"

From somewhere behind Artichoke, Dominic makes an interested noise, pushing forward a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"I am who I am. Names have power, and I'm not sharing mine with the likes of you. And I'm here because someone...or something," she looks at Yatigan for a moment, "In this misbegotten place has a destiny of some sort or another, and I was drawn here to facilitate it. Once that's done, I can leave. Now, you gonna draw a card?"

From somewhere behind Artichoke, Dominic makes an interested noise, pushing forward a bit.

Artichoke steps out of the way, letting Dominic - or anyone else who's interested - step up to the table and draw a card if they wish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:23 pm

"I am Sir Yatagan Fracas" says the Dragonborn in his loudest stage voice. "I am not afraid to share my name". He fixes the old woman with an unblinking stare, though his nictitating membranes flutter wildly.

He strides forward and makes a great show of drawing a card from her deck. Yatagan watches for her gaze to shift to the cards.

Then he tries to wrestle her to the ground, search her for valuables, and spray whatever eggs remain in her clutch with potent fluids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Day The Leeches Died   

Back to top Go down

The Day The Leeches Died
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next