The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

In the Church of the Poisoned Mind

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
gridley

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:55 am

Odanais follows Yatagan about four lengths behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:08 am

The new Odanais is even braver thinks Yatagan.

And Artichoke is still a coward. Oh well, at least he's got his sword out of the scabbard...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 am

The doors don't suddenly fly open as Yatigan passes them, and nothing lunges out to drag him screaming into the shadows. He moves past four of the, two on either side of the hall, before reaching a pair of spiral stairways, directly across from each other, going up.

He fails to see anything in the darkness, but Odanais' somewhat sharper eye sees something swoop low and flit through a half-open door near the end of the hall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 am

Rolzup wrote:
He fails to see anything in the darkness, but Odanais' somewhat sharper eye sees something swoop low and flit through a half-open door near the end of the hall.

Odanais taps Yatagan's shoulder, bidding him to stop for a moment, then kneels, allowing Zappa to climb out of his rucksack and down his body onto the floor. The wily weasel sneaks down the hall and carefully slips through the door to investigate.

Stealth: 27 (also, she has lowlight vision)

Last edited by gridley on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 am

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:57 am

I'm fairly certain that you don't have telepathic contact with Zappa, unless you took that feat at 8th level, so I'm assuming that she'll be scouting and then reporting back. Thus....

After about five minutes, which Yatigan doubtless spent fidgeting, Zappa comes scampering out of the darkness and leaps up into Odanias' arms.

Her impressions, as she relays them to Odanias, are a little vague -- her view from floor level was not the most illuminating, and she dared not leave cover.

The flying thing, which she remains unable to identify, was speaking with a human-sized figure who was sitting in a chair near a blazing fireplace. Neither voice was intelligible, and Zappa found them deeply unpleasant to listen to.

After a few minutes of conversation, the larger figure stood up, addressed a few words to the ceiling (which seemed to ripple a bit), and moved to another chair, where it knelt next a motionless figure that Zappa had not previously noticed. It didn't speak, but it did pause, looking aobut the room, and Zappa felt it wisest to leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Rolzup wrote:
I'm fairly certain that you don't have telepathic contact with Zappa, unless you took that feat at 8th level, so I'm assuming that she'll be scouting and then reporting back. Thus....

Correct in all assumptions!

Rolzup wrote:
After about five minutes, which Yatigan doubtless spent fidgeting, Zappa comes scampering out of the darkness and leaps up into Odanias' arms.

Her impressions, as she relays them to Odanias, are a little vague -- her view from floor level was not the most illuminating, and she dared not leave cover.

The flying thing, which she remains unable to identify, was speaking with a human-sized figure who was sitting in a chair near a blazing fireplace. Neither voice was intelligible, and Zappa found them deeply unpleasant to listen to.

After a few minutes of conversation, the larger figure stood up, addressed a few words to the ceiling (which seemed to ripple a bit), and moved to another chair, where it knelt next a motionless figure that Zappa had not previously noticed. It didn't speak, but it did pause, looking aobut the room, and Zappa felt it wisest to leave.

Odanais purrs a thank you to Zappa, then relates the news to the others. "At least three beings, two humanish and seated, one small and flying. They seemed to be talking, but she found them too despicable to listen to. Oh, and the ceiling seemed uncommonly active, so perhaps more of the flying things...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:58 pm

"Thanks, Odanais," says Artichoke, pleased to see that the weasel can be quite helpful too. "I guess we should head in and see about evicting these intruders, as Mr. Hidimba asked us to. But only after we find out what they are." He sheathes his sword and heads for the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Speaking in a stage-whisper, Yatagan says "We can talk to them using our blades. Mr. Himdimba has some powerful and unruly guests. That last fight was closer than I, or the god in my metal trousers, care to experience again. I say we hit them hard and fast. After a short prayer, of course". The unusually clipped sentences suggest Yatagan is channeling someone else. Likely some hero from one of the military propaganda serials popular in the Magna Publica Machina.

The Dragonborn looks around for people likely to agree with him.

"What say you Lizzie? Sir Lien?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 pm

As the door swings entirely open, the first word that leaps to mind is "sumptuous", Large over-stuffed chairs, fine wood panelling, tapestries and paintings covering the walls, a roaring fireplace with some rather oddly shaped wood stacked beside it, a carpet so thick that you could probably swim in it, a shelf displaying an array of liquor bottles and glasses.

The second word that leaps to mind...well, it's actually a phrase.

"What the fuck is that?"

The thing is dressed in a military uniform of an unfamiliar style, and it stands next to a chair with a man slumped in it, his eyes glazed and his mouth moving silently. The creature throws a salute at Artichoke and says something in a horribly liquid and wholly indecipherable voice. It then takes the arm of the seated man, raises it up, and fastens its mouth to his wrist.

The man straightens up in his seat, and begins to speak in a toneless voice. "It is a pleasure to see a fellow solider -- for your bearing testifies to your being such -- in this place. Greetings, and be welcome. I am Asanbosam. What is your name, and your purpose here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Yatagan stops talking as Artichoke breezes by him. He then spends a moment pondering exactly what the fuck it is dressed in military garb in the next room.

Obviously, it's the thing Yatagan is going to hit next.

OOC: Religion - 13

Last edited by Mallus on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:37 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:00 pm

Yatigan, alas, hasn't a clue. His impromptu classification system (Things that I Have Hit, Things that I Will Hit, Things that I am Unlikely To Hit) certainly has potential, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Yatagan's artist soul moves him to violence. At the very least they face an aesthetic nightmare. He scans the faces of his most destructive comrades; Lien, Lizzie, and Odanais. If they're ready, he'll intone a prayer and go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:35 pm

If killing things will make it more real to him, Lizzy is ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Rolzup wrote:
The thing is dressed in a military uniform of an unfamiliar style, and it stands next to a chair with a man slumped in it, his eyes glazed and his mouth moving silently. The creature throws a salute at Artichoke and says something in a horribly liquid and wholly indecipherable voice. It then takes the arm of the seated man, raises it up, and fastens its mouth to his wrist.

The man straightens up in his seat, and begins to speak in a toneless voice. "It is a pleasure to see a fellow solider -- for your bearing testifies to your being such -- in this place. Greetings, and be welcome. I am Asanbosam. What is your name, and your purpose here?"

What the fuck?! Artichoke just manages to keep from going for his sword instantly. "I am ... Captain Artichoke and I'm here on some work, but before I say anything further, what ... exactly are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:33 pm

The seated man makes a sound that was probably intended to be a chuckle. Instead it's a hideous croaking noise that will doubtless feature in many nightmares over the years to come.

"I? No one of consequence, I fear. Just a veteran of a long-forgotten war, a man with neither home nor country, an old man who's finally found a place to rest his weary bones."

The man is growing steadily more pale as he speaks, and appears to be struggling for breath between sentences. Asanbosam, on the other hand, seems entirely at ease.

"Would you care for a drink? I do not, myself, imbibe...but there is whisky, wine, port, brandy...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Riiight! "No offense," says Artichoke, his tone polite but to the point, "But you don't look like any old man that I've seen before. And, by the way, what are you doing to him?" He indicates the unfortunate man in the chair who seems like he is being used as a mouthpiece by Asanbosam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:54 pm

"Well, it must be admitted that some age more gracefully than others. And here, I am hardly at my best; I have been pared down to my essence, and it less flattering than one might hope."

"And this?" He lightly strikes the seated man with the back of one hand. "This is just a tool. Not good for much else; so little essence remains. Not that it had a great deal to begin with...likely been dead for years. But it allows me to speak so that you might understand, and when it's used up?" Asanbosam gestures towards the fireplace, "More fuel."

The "wood" bundled next to the fire is actually a collection of limbs, and various portions of human bodies, so dried and dessictated as to be unrecognizable at first glance.

"Almost like being at home, really. But enough of me -- what is this 'work' that you speak of?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm

"I knew I never should have sided with the landlord in this crazy deal," Lizzy mutters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:19 pm

Rolzup wrote:
But enough of me -- what is this 'work' that you speak of?"
Yatagan motions Lien, Lizzy, Odanais and Cristabel closer and softly intones a prayer known as 'The Wrath of the Crotch God'. The weapons of the gathered faithful begin to glow with a nacreous, fluid might (+5 to all damage rolls).

Yatagan steps into the chamber and smiles. "Allow us to show you."

OOC: should we roll Initiative?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Always with the violence....

Sure, roll away!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Rolzup wrote:
It's a monster, and Yatagan knows from monsters!

Quote :
Sure, roll away!
Should we do this in-person, or have you more deviltry cooked up for Friday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Rolzup wrote:

Sure, roll away!

Do you want to give us the bad guy(s)'s initiative, so we can post our actions if we beat them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Init: 19

OOC: John, can we tell what's going on around the ceiling?

Last edited by gridley on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Church of the Poisoned Mind   

Back to top Go down

In the Church of the Poisoned Mind
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next