The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Sun May 10, 2009 11:27 am

shilsen wrote:
and allows Yatagan, Odanais, Christabel and Lizzy to shift one square each if they want.

Odanais will stay where he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am

Lizzy stands pat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am

overeddie wrote:
Lizzy stands pat.

Lizzy also needs to whack something, since you're the only one left to act this round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 11:59 am

shilsen wrote:
overeddie wrote:
Lizzy stands pat.

Lizzy also needs to whack something, since you're the only one left to act this round.

And I'll get the update posted ASP thereafter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 pm

shilsen wrote:
overeddie wrote:
Lizzy stands pat.

Lizzy also needs to whack something, since you're the only one left to act this round.
Lizzy calls on the awesome power in the hand of the worker to 're-eductate' the large beastie using his greataxe as the primary teaching tool.

think that's 24 to hit vs AC with 14 damage. I don't have my charsheet here!?!


Last edited by overeddie on Mon May 11, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 pm

The member 'overeddie' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 10, 9

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 1:08 pm

The behemoth is all but dead, staggering on its feet, but still manages to shrug off Lizzy's axe strike with a contemptuous sneer. "Screw all of you!" it bellows as it sinks into the ground with astonishing speed, setting off another series of tremors that knocks Odanais off his feet.

It explodes out of the floor several yards away, sailing through the air and landing with both feet upon Odanias' chest.

OOC: Odanais is prone, and takes 17 points of damage. The area it entered the ground and the area where it left are both Difficult terrain now.

"And especially you!" it screams, for no apparent reason.

The creature facing Artichoke also drops into the ground, emerging next to Yatigan, and tries to kick Odanais in the head, its foot merely glancing off the sorcerer's tough skull just as a shard of stone hurled by the creature behind the giant skitters across the tiles. It's companion follows suit, emerging to flank Yatigan and punch ineffectively a few times. The last of the Hidimbas swings at Lizzy, hitting him hard with its stony fist.

OOC:Lizzy takes 15 points.

The other two creatures rush Christabel; one swings at her with a chunk of stone, the other throws a shard. Both strike home, and Christabel hears an unfamiliar nursery rhyme and a fragment of a lecture on the importance of the proper use of a flaying knife when preparing live food, her head nearly splitting from the pain of these unfamiliar thoughts.

OOC: 12 damage +5 Psychic, and ongoing 5 psychic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 pm

The Dragonborn whirls around with his trusty, encrusted axe, striking at the foe in front of him while menacing the one behind.

"Would someone please put down the big Hidimba?" asks Yatagan in a polite tone completely unsuited for the battlefield. Threads in his new magic cravat glow faintly.

OOC: Mark M1, use Piercing Smite on M1: 24 vs DEX, damage 26 (2 to self), M2 is also Marked until the end of Yatagan's next turn.

Yatagan is at 58 of 70 HP.


Last edited by Mallus on Mon May 11, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 13

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 10, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 2:20 pm

"There's no need for tantrums," Odanais tells the big Hidimba. "I mean if you don't want your recipes criticized, you should just serve the dish and shut the hell up about it."

Zip! Zap! Odanais turns into a bolt of lightning, arcing around the room in a fishhook pattern, coursing through enemies while discharging painful electrical jolts, before finally coming to fleshy rest beside Christabel, whom he smiles at before taking a step back in case the wretched things decide to explode again.

Minor: Stand from prone (acrobat shoes)

Spark Form: (vs. Reflex) M2=19; S3=19; S2=29; 14 points lightning damage. (Shift: Q17 - R16 - Q15 - P14 - P13 - P12 - O12 - O13)

Shift: N14

-------------

Chaos Burst: free saving throw (unneeded)

(ongoing +2 to all defenses from Chaotic Defense and 5 pts of necrotic resistance)

-------------

Current Hit Points: 26 (out of 60)


Last edited by gridley on Tue May 12, 2009 10:37 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 2:20 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 9, 9, 19, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 pm

ooc: I'm kinda at a loss since I don't have my charsheet or game books. I assume there is some penalty on the big Hidimba for moving away from me while he is the object of my enmity. Also I assume I can use inexorable pursuit, but I don't remember what it does. Help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 3:53 pm

overeddie wrote:
ooc: I'm kinda at a loss since I don't have my charsheet or game books. I assume there is some penalty on the big Hidimba for moving away from me while he is the object of my enmity. Also I assume I can use inexorable pursuit, but I don't remember what it does. Help?

The big Hidimba doesn't take any penalty for moving away, but if you have the Censure of Pursuit ability (which you might not have, since you might have Censure of Retribution) you get a bonus on damage vs. it equal to 2 + Dex until the end of your next turn.

Inexorable Pursuit gives you phasing till the end of your turn and you shift 3 squares (or 2 + Dex modifier if you have Censure of Pursuit). You can also attack one creature using Wis vs. AC doing 2[W]+Wis damage.

You might as well wait till you get home and get a look at your character before posting, because then you'll really know your options. And when you get a chance, if you post the new version of Lizzy here, then it'll be available for easy access.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Sir Lien looks momentarily dismayed as his large foe disappears, but then he calmly turns and walks after him, ignoring the enemies he leaves or passes by. If any attack him, he just as calmly accepts the blow, the attacks seeming to do less damage than they should as cloak slightly absorbs them. Finally, reaching the large Hidimba, he swings his sword in another mighty blow.

OOC: Activate Cloak of Resistance as a minor to gain resist 5 to all damage till the end of his next turn. Then walk to Q15, allowing M3 and M1 to take opportunity attacks on him. Reaching Q15, he uses the Bloodclaw Weapon (taking 2 damage) and uses Overwhelming Strike (hit AC 35 for 20 damage, +4 damage for every successful OA taken on him during his movement).

If the large Hidimba is still up, Lien blows his action point to attack with Overwhelming Strike again (using the Bloodclaw weapon again), hitting AC 29 for 25 damage, +4 damage for every successful OA taken on him during his movement).

Current HP - 26/55; AC 23, Fort 16, Ref 19, Will 19. Current status: Aspect of Might (Until the end of the encounter, gain +5 to Athletics checks, +2 to speed, and +2 to melee damage rolls)


Last edited by shilsen on Mon May 11, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 10:26 pm

The member 'shilsen' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 17, 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd12' : 4

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 4, 9

--------------------------------

#4 'd12' : 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Mon May 11, 2009 10:32 pm

John, is the large Hidimba dead after Odanais' and Lien's turns (and if Lien's the one who killed it, was it his first or second attack)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 am

Lien's first shot takes it down, causing it to crumble into tiles as its followers wail with dismay.

Odanais goes AFTER Lien, so feel free to alter his path of destruction if you like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overeddie

avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

Lizzy shifts his focus to M1. He swears an oath of enmity and delivers a blow of retribution. "Die you magnificent patchwork bastard!"

31 to hit v AC and 22 damage.

Lizzy is at 41 HP.


Last edited by overeddie on Tue May 12, 2009 9:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

The member ''overeddie'' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 ''d20'' : 7, 17

--------------------------------

#2 ''d12'' : 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 10:11 am

Rolzup wrote:
Odanais goes AFTER Lien, so feel free to alter his path of destruction if you like.

I'll wait for Odanais' action before taking Artichoke's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 10:40 am

Rolzup wrote:
Odanais goes AFTER Lien, so feel free to alter his path of destruction if you like.

Sadly, I can't come up with a route that adds another target, so I'll just stick with it as is (I'm just deleting the Boss and sliding up the attack rolls).


Last edited by gridley on Tue May 12, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 7:25 pm

"Good work, Sir Lien," calls Artichoke, before turning to the foe nearest him and slashing at it. "Christabel," he then says, seeing that the shaman is hurt, "Back up towards us and call Oothoon here, if you can."

OOC: If M1 is still alive, then shift to P14 and attack it with Stirring Force (hit AC 30 for 14 pts), giving Christabel a save vs. the ongoing psychic damage. If M1 is dead, then move to P13 and use the attack on S2 instead.

Surges spent today - 5; HP - 40/54; AC 24, Fort 20, Ref 22, Will 19


Last edited by shilsen on Tue May 12, 2009 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 7:25 pm

The member ''shilsen'' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 ''d20'' : 18

--------------------------------

#2 ''d8'' : 4, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
shilsen

avatar

Posts : 1078
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 7:38 pm

John, did any of the other enemies besides the big guy go down after we all (besides Christabel) go? That would affect Christabel's options.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   Tue May 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Not yet, no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm   

Back to top Go down
 
Bleeding in the Eye of a Brainstorm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Proper brake bleeding procedure
» Bleeding Brakes
» Clutch bleeding
» I Need Help With The Brake Bleeding
» Brake bleeding .

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: