The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Journey to the Center of the Old Guy

Go down 
+3
shilsen
Mallus
Rolzup
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mallus

Mallus

Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:29 pm

gridley wrote:
OOC: Sure.
OOC: in that case...

"What a fascinating question, the miscibility of the real and unreal. I hold in my hand an apple of the mind's eye, the fruit of the imagination! Well, Dragonborn believe in answers, not questions! Besides, I am an artist. I live to feed my imagination, or, barring that, to consume the imaginations of others!"

Yatagan eats the apple.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Mallus wrote:

Yatagan eats the apple.
OOC: I am John's total lack of surprise.

Yatigan is sitting at a table in The Infinite Turtle, barely tasting the half-finished plate of monkfish on the table before him. Instead, he's toying absently with the fish's crosier, as he stares at the woman that he loves more than...well, anything.

Noticing his gaze, Antoinette blushes, and smiles, and raises her glass of iridescent wine. "To another fifty years?" she suggests.

"At the very least," he responds, happily....

And now he's sitting heavily upon the ground before the apple tree, the others all staring at him as tears run down his face.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:53 pm

"Yats! Are you unwell?"

While Odanais is kneeling down to check that Yatagan is all right, Zappa leaps from his shoulder, climbs up the tree and darts down one of its branches. She finds a juicy-looking apple and begins to eat it.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Rolzup wrote:
...as tears run down his face.
OOC: crocodile tears, no doubt...

Yatagan looks up, surprised to find that he's seated on the grass. He says solemnly, if a bit cryptically, to the air "I'm... sorry. I'll immortalize that moment in a poem. One free of threats or the mention of reproductive organs."

He stands. "I'm fine, Odanais. Thanks. The fruits are his memories of his wife. He's quite the romantic... for an ancient devil-man from the Colonies, that is."

Yatagan stares at the hanging fruits for several moments too long. It's clear reptilian calculations are going on behind his furrowed brow. A gauntleted hand reaches up for another apple, only to fall back down. "So... useful" he mutters.

Eventually, the poet soul wins out over the lizard brain. He turns away.

"If you turn out to be a miscreant" says Yatagan to no one, "I'll harvest your memories of her for my art. Ooh, and cider".
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Zappa falls bonelessly from the tree, apparently attempting a minuet on her way down. Not easy for a weasel, and her attempts to continue the dsance while writing around in the pool of water manage to be both pitiful and comical.

She awakens after a moment or three, looking confused and wet.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Mallus wrote:
"I'll harvest your memories of her for my art. Ooh, and cider"

"Misery cider," says Odanais. "You're right. It could be very useful."

Rolzup wrote:
Zappa falls bonelessly from the tree, apparently attempting a minuet on her way down. Not easy for a weasel, and her attempts to continue the dance while writhing around in the pool of water manage to be both pitiful and comical.

She awakens after a moment or three, looking confused and wet.

Odanis checks that she's ok and dries her off with her favorite towel. He would scold her for her curiosity, but it would be like reprimanding the water for its wetness.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 4:40 pm

gridley wrote:

"Misery cider," says Odanais. "You're right. It could be very useful."
"A profound emotional experience available in a mug, served hot or cold!" says Yatagan enthusiastically. "It would be invaluable to artists."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey to the Center of the Old Guy   Journey to the Center of the Old Guy - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey to the Center of the Old Guy
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: