The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fifth Session

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shilsen

shilsen

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Everyone is now 4th level, so apply the stat bonuses, pick a new feat, and make the other changes to your character sheets.

In the interests of keeping everyone on the same scale equipment-wise, and partly because the speed of leveling (3 levels in 5 sessions!) meant PCs are currently a little underequipped for their level, here's what we're doing for equipment. Drop any magical items you currently have and replace them with a 3rd lvl, a 4th lvl and a 5th lvl magic item, plus 680 gp in cash. That equals a total of 3200 gp, so if you want you can just pick items amounting to that value instead, but no items above 5th lvl. If you want to just stick with what you have now you can, but their cost would come out of the 3200 gp (and make sure to pick more stuff, since none of you currently have that much in equipment and wealth).

From an IC/story point of view, the items you now have were either obtained earlier or are among the items from Selwyn Mau(l)berly.

Besides the above, you retain the following items which were obtained earlier:

4 healing potions

One bottle of Alchemist's Fire

A Bone Whistle, apparently used to call ghouls.

A coin of unidentifiable black metal, depicting a cat's head on one side and an arcane sigil of some sort on the other. This item will give the possessor a +1 on one attack roll or skill check, once/day -- using this power does not count against the number of magic item abilities that can be used in a day.

So whoever has any of the above can retain them.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing. Post any questions about the above, and I'd like it if people posted what they're getting too. I'd prefer to stick to the PHB, but if you really want something from Adventurer's Vault, go ahead and ask.
Back to top Go down
Christabel

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:59 pm

To update mine I need you to email me my stats.. please.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:06 pm

shilsen wrote:

Besides the above, you retain the following items which were obtained earlier:
You forgot Treasure the Pig!
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Mallus wrote:
You forgot Treasure the Pig!

Whoops! But then she's no ordinary Treasure, clearly, and needs a category of her own.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:16 pm

Yatagan's parcel contains:

+1 Versatile armor (3rd AV) - minor, at-will, take a -1 to AC but lose armor penalties to speed and ability/skill checks. Another minor action resets the armor.

+1 Battlecrazed axe (4th AV) - property: +1d6 damage when Bloodied, minor, daily, take 2 pts. of damage and gain the Bloodied condition until the end of your next turn.

Gauntlets of Ogre Power (5th PHB) - property: +1 to STR/Athletics checks, free, daily, +5 damage on a successful melee hit.

(if these are okay)

In addition he's got the +1 Cloak of Resistance (2nd PHB) he's already wearing and 160 gp in coins, Pernod, apples for Treasure, and fireworks.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Mallus wrote:
Yatagan's parcel contains:

+1 Versatile armor (3rd AV) - minor, at-will, take a -1 to AC but lose armor penalties to speed and ability/skill checks. Another minor action resets the armor.

+1 Battlecrazed axe (4th AV) - property: +1d6 damage when Bloodied, minor, daily, take 2 pts. of damage and gain the Bloodied condition until the end of your next turn.

Gauntlets of Ogre Power (5th PHB) - property: +1 to STR/Athletics checks, free, daily, +5 damage on a successful melee hit.

(if these are okay)

That's all fine. And I can see that I'm going to have to get Yatagan bloodied and/or grabbed a lot in the future, so he can feel happy about his choices.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:06 am

Excellent! New clothes!

Bloodthread Armor +1 (5th PH: When you are bloodied, you gain a +2 item bonus to AC and saving throws.) 1000 gp.

Cloak of Distortion +1 (4th AV: A ranged attack against you from more than 5 squares away takes a –5 penalty to the attack roll.) 840 gp.

Belt of Resilience (1st AV: Heal checks made to aid you gain a +2
item bonus.) 360 gp.

Orb of Inevitable Continuance (3rd PH: One of your powers that is due
to end at the end of this turn instead lasts until the end of
your next turn.) 680 gp.

Rituals: Magic Mouth (1st PH). 50 gp.
Knock (4th PH). 175 gp.
Make Whole (1st PH). 50 gp.

And 45 gp leftover.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:25 am

gridley wrote:
Excellent! New clothes!

Bloodthread Armor +1 (5th PH: When you are bloodied, you gain a +2 item bonus to AC and saving throws.) 1000 gp.

Cloak of Distortion +1 (4th AV: A ranged attack against you from more than 5 squares away takes a –5 penalty to the attack roll.) 840 gp.

Belt of Resilience (1st AV: Heal checks made to aid you gain a +2 item bonus.) 360 gp.

Orb of Inevitable Continuance (3rd PH: One of your powers that is due to end at the end of this turn instead lasts until the end of your next turn.) 680 gp.

Rituals: Magic Mouth (1st PH). 50 gp.
Knock (4th PH). 175 gp.
Make Whole (1st PH). 50 gp.

And 45 gp leftover.

That all looks fine.
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:57 pm

New goodies!

Bloodclaw Bastard Sword +1 (lvl 2; take 1 HP, deal +2 damage on next melee attack, +3 if two-handed)

Veteran’s Scale Armor +1 (lvl 2; when you spend an AP, gain +1 to all attacks & defenses; Daily: can spend an AP to regain 1 daily power)

Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1 (lvl 4; if use second wind while bloodied, can expend two healing surges instead of one)

Parry Gauntlets (lvl 5, gain +2 to all defenses when using total defense or second wind)

3x Potion of Healing (lvl 5, minor, spend a healing surge, heal 10 HP)

Fire Beetle Potion (lvl 6, minor, spend a healing surge, gain 5 temp HP & resist 5 fire.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Atlatl wrote:
New goodies!

Bloodclaw Bastard Sword +1 (lvl 2; take 1 HP, deal +2 damage on next melee attack, +3 if two-handed)

Veteran’s Scale Armor +1 (lvl 2; when you spend an AP, gain +1 to all attacks & defenses; Daily: can spend an AP to regain 1 daily power)

Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1 (lvl 4; if use second wind while bloodied, can expend two healing surges instead of one)

Parry Gauntlets (lvl 5, gain +2 to all defenses when using total defense or second wind)

Fire Beetle Potion (lvl 6, minor, spend a healing surge, gain 5 temp HP & resist 5 fire.

All of that looks fine to me but I'm iffy about the Bloodclaw sword. Consistent increases in damage are hard to come by in 4e, and being able to get a +2 to damage (in Heyoka's case, since he uses a shield, and potentially +3) by losing 1 hp seems a little too negligible a cost for me. I think it's especially a problem with higher level versions of the weapon, where you can take 3 hp (for example, with a +3 version) and put out +6 or +9 damage. Or +10/15 with a+5 weapon, which is why the Bloodclaw weapon seems to show up in a lot of those "how do you do max damage at X level" threads.

What do the rest of you think?
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:30 pm

shilsen wrote:
Atlatl wrote:
New goodies!

All of that looks fine to me but I'm iffy about the Bloodclaw sword. Consistent increases in damage are hard to come by in 4e, and being able to get a +2 to damage (in Heyoka's case, since he uses a shield, and potentially +3) by losing 1 hp seems a little too negligible a cost for me. I think it's especially a problem with higher level versions of the weapon, where you can take 3 hp (for example, with a +3 version) and put out +6 or +9 damage. Or +10/15 with a+5 weapon, which is why the Bloodclaw weapon seems to show up in a lot of those "how do you do max damage at X level" threads.

What do the rest of you think?
Bloodclaw weapons are one of the more questionable items in AV. I *almost* took one myself. It gets ugly fast, particularly if you wield one two-handed.

I'd say right now it's fine, though.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:26 pm

Mallus wrote:
Bloodclaw weapons are one of the more questionable items in AV. I *almost* took one myself. It gets ugly fast, particularly if you wield one two-handed.

I'd say right now it's fine, though.

That's basically what I think. Fine for now and maybe the +2 version, but no higher than that.
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:00 pm

shilsen wrote:
That's basically what I think. Fine for now and maybe the +2 version, but no higher than that.
That sounds reasonable. My first choice was to take a Battlecrazed weapon, but I didn't want Heyoka and Yatagan to both have the same properties.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Atlatl wrote:
My first choice was to take a Battlecrazed weapon, but I didn't want Heyoka and Yatagan to both have the same properties.
And the self-martyring weapon should go to the paladin.
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:19 pm

(oops, double post)

Last edited by Atlatl on Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlatl Jones

Atlatl Jones

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Mallus wrote:
And the self-martyring weapon should go to the paladin.
Maybe you should take the bloodclaw weapon then. I don't doubt that Yatagan could come up with some horrifying way of inflicting hit points upon himself.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Atlatl wrote:
I don't doubt that Yatagan could come up with some horrifying way of inflicting hit points upon himself.

Aw, man, that just made me go to my sad place....
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Atlatl wrote:
Maybe you should take the bloodclaw weapon then. I don't doubt that Yatagan could come up with some horrifying way of inflicting hit points upon himself.
"Is Yatagan... mating with his battleaxe?!"

I'm happy with the Battlecrazed weapon. It's Daily power is the Bloody the wielder. That's work fine for me.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Mallus wrote:
I'm happy with the Battlecrazed weapon. It's Daily power is the Bloody the wielder. That's work fine for me.

Actually, the Daily power is to inflict your level of damage to you, and you're considered bloodied till the end of your next turn. So you'd be considered bloodied without actually having to bloody yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fifth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fifth Session   Fifth Session Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fifth Session
Page 1 of 1