The Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fourth Session

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rolzup

Rolzup

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Treasure: One (1) Big Damned Pig.

I am dying to know where you're going to keep the thing. And who's going to nurse it back to health.
Back to top Go down
Christabel

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Penelope will nurse the boar back to health, of course! Anyone else that's fond of it could help too.

As far as where the pig will be kept, I have no idea. But the League is moving soon, so maybe Penelope will push them to find something with a nice yard.

On another note, I really liked Steve's suggestion of naming it Treasure...
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Rolzup wrote:
Treasure: One (1) Big Damned Pig.

You know, I've played a lot of D&D on either side of the screen, and I've never seen that as the treasure at the end of the session. I guess 4e is a new edition!
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Penelope wrote:
Anyone else that's fond of it could help too.
Yatagan will lay his hands on the pig and heal it with divine grace. Out of curiosity, does this render the pig kosher?

Quote :
Naming the pig treasure certainly adds to the (deranged) storybook quality to the game.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Mallus wrote:
Penelope wrote:
Anyone else that's fond of it could help too.
Yatagan will lay his hands on the pig and heal it with divine grace. Out of curiosity, does this render the pig kosher?

"...and this is Yatigan, the Pig Whisperer."
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Since we now have 2000 gp in gold, I was thinking that rather than just divvying it up among the characters (which would net us less than 300 gp each, which is less than a level 1 item costs), we spend some of it getting +1 items for the people who don't have any and hold on to the rest. Since bonuses are much less common in 4e, I think making sure that everyone has a +1 item would be a good idea.

If nobody minds, that means we need to get items for Odanais, Penelope and El.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:43 am

Penelope wrote:

Hooray for Treasure the Pig!

Odanais will cast Mage Hand a few times a day in order to calmly stroke Treasure's face (which pigs love), without fear of getting his hand bitten off. And he'll be ready with a Sleep spell in case Treasure ever gets out of control or has trouble sleeping in its injured condition.
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:46 am

shilsen wrote:
If nobody minds, that means we need to get items for Odanais, Penelope and El.
Sure.

We should probably hit Five Fathoms Market on the way to our new and hopefully temporary hideout.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:51 am

Mallus wrote:
We should probably hit Five Fathoms Market on the way to our new and hopefully temporary hideout.

Speaking of which, I have a possibility (suggested by Amber) in mind. We're supposed to be taking down Sebastian and his heretics next. They're located at a place in the Shambles. That might be a good option for a temporary hideout until we can move a little up in the world.
Back to top Go down
Rolzup

Rolzup

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:18 pm

shilsen wrote:
Mallus wrote:

Speaking of which, I have a possibility (suggested by Amber) in mind. We're supposed to be taking down Sebastian and his heretics next. They're located at a place in the Shambles. That might be a good option for a temporary hideout until we can move a little up in the world.

Yes, this is a party built for staying incognito.

On the one hand, there's Yatigan. On the other, there's an enormous feral pig. Disguising the latter, in particular, is going to be a hell of a challenge.

Groucho glasses, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Quote :
On the one hand, there's Yatigan. On the other, there's an enormous feral pig. Disguising the latter, in particular, is going to be a hell of a challenge.

I believe this is one of those times when it's customary to rent, borrow or steal a wagon full of hay, in which we can hide lizards and pigs.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:15 pm

So it looks like we're picking up the following magic items:

+1 orb for Odanais
+1 greatbow for Penelope
+1 holy symbol for El

Please add the above to your PC sheets, folks.

That costs 1080 in total, which leaves us 920 gp.
Back to top Go down
gridley

gridley

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:06 am

Quote :
+1 orb for Odanais

OOC: Groovy!
Back to top Go down
Mallus

Mallus

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:16 am

shilsen wrote:
... which leaves us 920 gp.
Yatagan could use a weapon and Heyoka could use armor or defensive item.
Back to top Go down
shilsen

shilsen

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:25 am

Mallus wrote:
Yatagan could use a weapon and Heyoka could use armor or defensive item.

I believe Heyoka actually has the best AC in the bunch, but so be it. We do need to keep our defenders alive as long as possible. To that end, add on:

+1 weapon for Yatagan
+1 armor or cloak of resistance for Heyoka (Mike, what's your preference?)

And that leaves us with 200 gp. Time to nail Sebastian and recoup the investment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fourth Session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fourth Session   Fourth Session Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fourth Session
Page 1 of 1