The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Closing in on King Rat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
ooc: Can he fire two arrows and then go back inside?
OOC: Sure. But if he only takes one shot, he can close the door behind him. If he takes two, the door stays open.

Pogsley wildly discharges an arrow back in the general vicinity of his attackers and then goes back inside and shuts the door. "Haha!" he says, spitting out blood. "They really hate Pogsley's hat!"

Mallus wrote:
Also, someone roll init for the round proper.

Init: 6

AC: -2; HP: 7/25


Last edited by gridley on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:51 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 1, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:16 am

gridley wrote:
"They really hate Pogsley's hat!"
OOC: That's so Pogsley!"

Thanks to his attention-getting hat, not to mention attention getting arrow wounds, all eyes are Pogsley. The Bell and the Bone goes quiet. Momentarily. Even the elven band stops playing. A faint smile hovers over the lips of the masked singer. Then the patrons begin to bring the ruckus. Shouts. Screams. Most beating a hasty retreat out of what used to be the nave, towards the doors to the apse where the kitchen is. A few hardy souls brave the narthex and the front door.

Leleilana stands, grabs her shield, and shelters Homily behind it. "I'll get the child to safety. If we get separated, I'll drop her off at the temple of the giant lazy god."

"Noooo!" says Homily. "I want to fight bad people".

OOC: you get the jump on the crowd -- and the people trying to kill you. What now?



Last edited by Mallus on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:16 am

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: you get the jump on the crowd -- and the people trying to kill you. What now?


ooc: I don't really have a good understanding of our surroundings and where enemies are. Would a map be possible?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:28 am

gridley wrote:
ooc: I don't really have a good understanding of our surroundings and where enemies are. Would a map be possible?
OOC: sure -- I'll try to make one today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:27 am

Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
ooc: I don't really have a good understanding of our surroundings and where enemies are. Would a map be possible?
OOC: sure -- I'll try to make one today.

ooc: although, I have some fears that we may need to wait until we can meet up, as I'm not sure Pogsley and Web'r can do this without Beningus and Nameless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 pm

gridley wrote:
Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
ooc: I don't really have a good understanding of our surroundings and where enemies are. Would a map be possible?
OOC: sure -- I'll try to make one today.

ooc: although, I have some fears that we may need to wait until we can meet up, as I'm not sure Pogsley and Web'r can do this without Beningus and Nameless.

But we have the strength of ten, because our hearts are pure and our brains are empty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:06 pm

Rolzup wrote:
gridley wrote:
Mallus wrote:
gridley wrote:
ooc: I don't really have a good understanding of our surroundings and where enemies are. Would a map be possible?
OOC: sure -- I'll try to make one today.

ooc: although, I have some fears that we may need to wait until we can meet up, as I'm not sure Pogsley and Web'r can do this without Beningus and Nameless.

But we have the strength of ten, because our hearts are pure and our brains are empty!

This is true! Of course, with all these arrow holes, Pogsley's heart is almost as empty as his brain....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 am

OOC: it's probably a good idea to wait until next session to resolve this. Pogsley's hurt, it's clear you're being ambushed, and I'd wind up playing half the party.

But I'll still make a map! It gives me a reason to mess around with my new sketchbook app (which I bought for D&D mapping purposes).

Also, how do you guys feel about me reminding you of the assets your character's have (like items)? The traditional AD&D DM is supposed to keep his mouth shut. If his players aren't desperately scanning their character sheets for every last advantage, he's doing something wrong (and the players should die).

On the other hand, we're busy adults, have lives, play every couple of weeks, etc., etc. etc.

I don't want to spoil the, ahem, pristine AD&D experience being offered. But the AD&D DM was frequently a prick.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: it's probably a good idea to wait until next session to resolve this. Pogsley's hurt, it's clear you're being ambushed, and I'd wind up playing half the party.

But I'll still make a map! It gives me a reason to mess around with my new sketchbook app (which I bought for D&D mapping purposes).

ooc: Sweet. Maps rock!

Mallus wrote:
Also, how do you guys feel about me reminding you of the assets your character's have (like items)? The traditional AD&D DM is supposed to keep his mouth shut. If his players aren't desperately scanning their character sheets for every last advantage, he's doing something wrong (and the players should die).

On the other hand, we're busy adults, have lives, play every couple of weeks, etc., etc. etc.

I don't want to spoil the, ahem, pristine AD&D experience being offered. But the AD&D DM was frequently a prick.


I like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm fine with that as well -- my brain don't work as well as it used to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:21 pm


bell and bone by run_robot_run, on Flickr

OOC: here's the map. The inn sits in a courtyard surrounded by a partially-destroyed 15' high curtain wall. The cross-shaped building is the inn. Next to it are the stables/kitchen (how sanitary!). The crude circle is the bell tower. In various places along the outer wall are various wooden storage buildings.

The uppercase red 'A's are archers on top of the wall. The lowercase 'a' is an archer on ground level. The lowercase 'h' denotes a bunch of small heat sources on the ground.

This walled-in courtyard is one of several in the Blastcastle district, which was once a giant, sprawling fortified complex. This courtyard houses peddlers/merchants during the daylight hours. The main castle building is nearby, and serves as an apartment block. There's an outer wall that's almost completely ruined -- refugees in the Port have been harvesting stone to build with for years.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:02 pm

OOC: so, do you still want to wait until our next face-to-face session, or do you (all) want to bravely forge ahead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    

Back to top Go down
 
Closing in on King Rat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Foo-King-Long Golf Ball
» King Cobra S2 Driver
» 8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject)
» Barry Grant is closing its doors for good .
» king and link rebuild

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: