The Port

This is what happens after a world ends.
 
HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Closing in on King Rat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:00 pm

They lie in wait for the Rat King at the Bell and the Bone. The rooms are drafty and pious, but clean. Figures. It used to be a church.

The first night, no elves. Just vulgar bawdy halfling songs, heavy on lascivious puns involving "cheese wheels" and "hobbit holes". They meet another elven music aficionado who's taken a motherly interest in Homily. Name? Leleilana Aveline, Knight of the Moon Watch, originally from the Borderlands. 6'1, all blunt bangs, muscle, and plate armor. Later she and Pogsley talk music. No one mentions his freakish falsetto or his even more freakish head-hat. The paladin takes his macabre millinery in stride.

There are a million stories in the Port. You learn not to ask.

The next night a pointy-eared combo plays dream music. Leleilana remarks how odd it is none of the Rat King's show up. "They're regulars" she says in a voice a full two octaves lower than the one Pogsley's affecting.

They decide to stay one more night. The same elven band plays, this time joined by a masked singer wearing clothes that look like they're spun for silk and raw desire. She's wearing a mask and a wicked dagger. "Slumming from the Unseelie Court" someone says.

About halfway through the 1st set they arrive at the idea the Rat King isn't showing. And then...

OOC: someone roll a d20. Then give me a d20 roll each.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: someone roll a d20. Then give me a d20 roll each.

Group: 11
Pogsley: 7


Last edited by gridley on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 11

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:36 pm

And for Web'r, a 19.


Last edited by Rolzup on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:36 pm

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:42 pm

gridley wrote:

Group: 11
Pogsley: 7
While waiting for the Rat King you all drank the night's cheap special: watered wine. The perfect accompaniment for the pretty fiddling of a thin-blooded race. Father Beningus first notices something's amiss. His first cup was perfectly watery. His second was... too ambitious. Much stronger. Web'r notices a difference with his drink halfway through his 2nd cup.

By the time they say something to Pogsley, three empty cups sit in front of him. For the record, Pogsley feels *wonderful*. Like he could make another baby. Or fight a deadly assassin!

OOC: Pogsley is moderately intoxicated - +2 vs. fear saves, +1 all other saves, -3 INT, -4 WIS, -2 DEX, -1 CHR, -1 to hit, +5 HP.


Last edited by Mallus on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Rolzup wrote:
And for Web'r, a 19.
Web'r notices his second cup of wine had been fortified. Without his requesting/demanding it.

OOC: Web'r is sober.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am

Benignus, Web'r and Nameless sit down with the drunken goblin detective. Then a human man matching the description of the Rat King walks into the Bell and the Bone. He immediately notices you, steps back out, and slams the door.

OOC: someone roll a d6.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 am

"The Wine Spirits appear to have given us a gift," Web'r declares, holding his cup high. "All praise to the Wine Spirits! I shall honor them in the customary fashion, and gift the Wall Spirits at the same time!"

He turns to Master Pogsley as the door slams. "Hot pursuit?" he asks, in a hopeful tone.

OOC: And the roll is 5.



Last edited by Rolzup on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 am

The member 'Rolzup' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:03 am

Rolzup wrote:
"All praise to the Wine Spirits! I shall honor them in the customary fashion, and gift the Wall Spirits at the same time!"

He turns to Master Pogsley as the door slams. "Hot pursuit?" he asks, in a hopeful tone.

OOC: And the roll is 5.
The masked elven musician shoots Web'r an unreadable look after his outburst, but doesn't miss a note. None of you are particularly surprised by the Rat King's --brief-- appearance.

OOC: what do you do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:05 pm

OOC: Homily is somewhere safe, yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Rolzup wrote:
OOC: Homily is somewhere safe, yes?
OOC: in a manner of speaking... she's seated next to a paladin. What's the worst that could happen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Rolzup wrote:
"The Wine Spirits appear to have given us a gift," Web'r declares, holding his cup high. "All praise to the Wine Spirits! I shall honor them in the customary fashion, and gift the Wall Spirits at the same time!"

He turns to Master Pogsley as the door slams. "Hot pursuit?" he asks, in a hopeful tone.

"Oh, dat him?" asks a startled Pogsley. "He not even mention my hat!"

Pogsley stumbles out of the bar after the Rat King, shouting, "Hey! Say something nice about Pogsley's hat, you jerk?"

Then he shoots arrows at him.


Last edited by gridley on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 pm

gridley wrote:

Pogsley stumbles out of the bar after the Rat King, shouting, "Hey! Same something nice about Pogsley's hat, you jerk?"

Then he shoots arrows at him.
OOC: roll another d6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Mallus wrote:

OOC: roll another d6.

2


Last edited by gridley on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:07 pm

The member 'gridley' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Pogsley runs out of the Bell and the Bone... and into a hail of arrows which darkens the moon. Several archers atop what was once the blasted castle's walls fire down at him. Another fires from across the courtyard -- too far away to be the Rat King. Who's nowhere to be seen. About 15 feet to Pogsley's left, half a dozen small, scurrying heat sources dig through garbage thrown from the inn's kitchen window.

Pogsley is feathered with arrows. Fortunately, he's too drunk to feel the pain that should be knocking him out! He can make out three archers spaced out on above him, between 60' and 90' away. The other archer is on ground level, about 80' feet away, near the exit to the courtyard. None of the archers have a problem shooting in what's no better than bright moonlight.

OOC: Pogs takes 18 damage. Your turn.


Last edited by Mallus on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:39 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

#1 'd20' : 18, 3, 1, 19, 18, 18, 2, 20

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 1, 1, 6, 1, 2, 4, 2, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 pm

... and one more for the crit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 759
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 pm

The member 'Mallus' has done the following action : Dice Roller

'd6' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theport.forumotion.net
Rolzup

avatar

Posts : 799
Join date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:57 am

"Master Pogsley!" Web'r is deeply appalled, but not entirely surprised...he's getting used to the sight of Pogsley with arrows sticking out of him.

Shield raised high, he darts forward to grab the Great Detective and drag him back into the Belle and the Bone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 am

OOC: it's the surprise round. Even drunk, Pogsley is hard to surprise, so he goes before Web'r. All the enemies have taken their turn. After Pogsley goes, we roll initiative.

So go Pogsley, go! Will it be fight or flight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridley

avatar

Posts : 900
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Mallus wrote:
OOC: it's the surprise round. Even drunk, Pogsley is hard to surprise, so he goes before Web'r. All the enemies have taken their turn. After Pogsley goes, we roll initiative.

So go Pogsley, go! Will it be fight or flight?

ooc: Can he fire two arrows and then go back inside?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mallus

avatar

Posts : 1428
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:39 pm

gridley wrote:
ooc: Can he fire two arrows and then go back inside?
OOC: Sure. But if he only takes one shot, he can close the door behind him. If he takes two, the door stays open.

Also, someone roll init for the round proper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Closing in on King Rat    

Back to top Go down
 
Closing in on King Rat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Foo-King-Long Golf Ball
» King Cobra S2 Driver
» 8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject)
» Barry Grant is closing its doors for good .
» king and link rebuild

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Port :: The Game Itself :: Tales-
Jump to: